boneboys

Stable - 0.51 Discussion

I'm still not seeing the point behind the rarity of netting, you can't carry a backpack while wearing it so it forces a new style of play, it's hardly OP especially when the ghillie guy in question is running around a city with an M4.

After about 1 hour and 30 minutes of scavenging for food and loot since my last complaint, gravity dealt me a harsh blow...

V3DsFOB.jpg?1

...followed by death. Do people just avoid 2nd stories altogether? Usually the best loot is up there :P I logged like, 200 hours of gameplay with no character-killing bugs and then patch .49 hit and I can't play for a few hours without stuff like this happening.

Edited by t1337Dude

After about 1 hour and 30 minutes of scavenging for food and loot since my last complaint, gravity dealt me a harsh blow...

V3DsFOB.jpg?1

...followed by death. Do people just avoid 2nd stories altogether? Usually the best loot is up there :P I logged like, 200 hours of gameplay with no character-killing bugs and then patch .49 hit and I can't play for a few hours without stuff like this happening.

Can't tell what your pic is trying to portray.  Did you get killed by stairs?

Can't tell what your pic is trying to portray.  Did you get killed by stairs?

The stairs or the floor - you decide. I didn't want to blow up the pic just for the red text but I was hoping the compression wouldn't butcher the readability. It says "My leg is in pain. My leg is in extreme pain. My feet are sore". The messages repeated and then I was dead. If a player did it to me there would've been a little blood or something. It's nothing new. I was just posting as evidence indirectly in reply to the guy who is curious how this keeps happening to me.

Edited by t1337Dude

The stairs or the floor - you decide. I didn't want to blow up the pic just for the red text but I was hoping the compression wouldn't butcher the readability. It says "My leg is in pain. My leg is in extreme pain. My feet are sore". The messages repeated and then I was dead. If a player did it to me there would've been a little blood or something. It's nothing new. I was just posting as evidence indirectly in reply to the guy who is curious how this keeps happening to me.

Ya, couldn't make out the text.  When you post a picture you can turn it into a spoiler so it's hidden.  We can look at it at our own risk.

Edited by Caboose187

By the way Devs... GREAT JOB on the new patch! Everything is so much more fluid now, lag for me has noticeably reduced (most of the time), cities don't stutter along like they used to, character movement seems improved.

And my character has stopped resetting, so I am finally able to test the game a little better.

yay!

I'm wondering the same thing. I tried them but still can't select which channel to speak, it stays in direct communication. Hoping this gets fixed.

I just checked the other day and it's working for me. I get all the channels. Haven't tried using it to communicate yet.

I've never died from anything that wasn't a player so how am I suppose to know?

Oh but they are a thing, I don't get bugged out much, way less than I should be glitch dying in an alpha but it does happen, it's usually preventable, dont jump short distances off the end of stairs etc.

Oh but they are a thing, I don't get bugged out much, way less than I should be glitch dying in an alpha but it does happen, it's usually preventable, dont jump short distances off the end of stairs etc.

I've seen videos and such but my point was that picture that was posted I couldn't make out what he was trying to portray due to it being small and I couldn't read the text and apparently what you quoted is a bad post because for some reason it was hidden..... yup, saying "I've never died from anything that wasn't a player so how am I suppose to know?" is a bad thing.........

• Like 1

I've seen videos and such but my point was that picture that was posted I couldn't make out what he was trying to portray due to it being small and I couldn't read the text and apparently what you quoted is a bad post because for some reason it was hidden..... yup, saying "I've never died from anything that wasn't a player so how am I suppose to know?" is a bad thing.........

Don't take it personal caboose , I'm sure it's just cuz you have more posts than any of us and they assumed you would know ... But hey my cousin has NEVER died of a glitch either (just many many broken legs and wiped characters) so he would have had the same reaction ... But on another note I'm coming on today with a three man team , gonna stop my lone wolfing for a bit and rock some 50 man servers hopefully we don't get our asses handed to us lol ...

Don't take it personal caboose , I'm sure it's just cuz you have more posts than any of us and they assumed you would know ... But hey my cousin has NEVER died of a glitch either (just many many broken legs and wiped characters) so he would have had the same reaction ... But on another note I'm coming on today with a three man team , gonna stop my lone wolfing for a bit and rock some 50 man servers hopefully we don't get our asses handed to us lol ...

Good luck.  I usually lone wolf it myself but I played with a friend last night and had a pretty good session.  It definitely eases the tension when you have someone with you.

• Like 1

Good luck. I usually lone wolf it myself but I played with a friend last night and had a pretty good session. It definitely eases the tension when you have someone with you.

Ya man us lone wolves are a different breed lol , thanks , and good luck on your journeys sir ... Maybe I'll see you in chernarus in an hour or so , me an a couple friends are searching for the mysterious Aug ...

DayZ ist constantly crashing for me since the stable patch.

Error Message ist Dayz stopped working. Appears apparentyl after 15 - 30 minutes..

Yeah my DayZ is constantly crashing since this patch, extremely annoying...

Yeah my DayZ is constantly crashing since this patch, extremely annoying...

check files and do a hard restart.

That was a fun almost hour long session.

There seemed to be just enough zombies on the first person server I was on to keep me on my toes but I was still able to pretty much run everywhere as long as I have ammo.

I got caught in a house with smallish doors at one point and saw a funny glitch where I shot a zombie twice with the sawn off shotgun and the impact points hung in the air.

After dispatching the zed with my axe I tried a lot of jump spamming and suddenly found myself teleported outside the house.

7J4hRnM.jpg

That was a fun almost hour long session.

There seemed to be just enough zombies on the first person server I was on to keep me on my toes but I was still able to pretty much run everywhere as long as I have ammo.

I got caught in a house with smallish doors at one point and saw a funny glitch where I shot a zombie twice with the sawn off shotgun and the impact points hung in the air.

After dispatching the zed with my axe I tried a lot of jump spamming and suddenly found myself teleported outside the house.

7J4hRnM.jpg

That FoV  :o  :o  :o

new bug? i got hit by a zombie and now i'm shaking when i aim or use binoculars.

morphin, painkillers and bandage couldn't fix it :(

also: i can't attach visor on my helmet and i can't paint my axe green. well it says that it's green but it's not.

should i respawn?

I was able to attach my visor (make sure its the right helmet), and the spraypaint on the fireaxe did the same.

This was in exp. I too thought it was the result of taking damage. Meds don't fix it.

I was told that it's from being cold, & spending a few minutes by a fire will fix it. I've yet to test this myself though, so take that with a grain of salt.

I just confirmed that sitting by the fire fixes the shaking.  Guess you can be just chilled enough for the shiver, but it does not show a cold indicator.  I need a thermometer. :thumbsup:

Edited by AtomQuark
  • Like 2

That FoV  :o  :o  :o

I like full FoV in 1st person > on a 42" TV > in high res 1080p, don't you?

:)

I like full FoV in 1st person > on a 42" TV > in high res 1080p, don't you?

:)

Oh hell no but hey man, whatever floats your boat  :thumbsup:

Umm, how about tents ?  is there any sign of more efficient persistence ?

• Like 1

Umm, how about tents ?  is there any sign of more efficient persistence ?

Currently the tents will get wiped weekly at wednesday, however tents finally work fine, they do not eat items, they save all of them. Backpacks / guns / protector cases / mags stay on the floor at a persistent server.

Military tents are bugged, do not fill them in.

Edited by Yazar8
  • Like 1

Thank you so much Yazar8. I was wondering the tents situation.

Not sure if anybody has found this Xmas easter egg yet but here it is.

Fd9BFpk.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, I believe it's been in the game a while now.