SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.50 Discussion

Got SHOT :facepalm: lol wee bitches.

Has to say I like this seen the new back packs, they look well.

Now anyone at an airfield is KOS :) enjoy!

Also the random broken legs are still there, I got one while in a military jail and one on the hill above Electro, this one happened when alt tabbed came back on spinning in round with a broken leg :(

Edited by fowang

How are the server crashes guys? Any experience with them? For some unknown reason they seem to be really rare on experimental enviroment. But on live stable it was a crash fest.

How are the server crashes guys? Any experience with them? For some unknown reason they seem to be really rare on experimental enviroment. But on live stable it was a crash fest.

Replies so far seem to indicate they aren't as frequent as predicted.

not a single crash in 2h, it's better than previous exp for the moment.

I had a couple of crashes in as many hours but nothing that seemed chronic/recurring.

Good update. Good games last night. No client crash. No server crash. :thumbsup:

Agreed, both server and client were quite stable for me. Additionally, several aspects of the game have been tuned and/or fixed. It was actually quite pleasant to play. It's a big step in the right direction from the earlier v0.50!

Too bad we cant fit railed hanguard on AKS74U, that would be awesome. 

That was the one thing I was somewhat upset about.

It wouldn't have worked anyway, because the AKS-74U's handguard is too small to fit any of the larger ones. (And you'd only be able to use it with a bipod or flashlight, there aren't really any other useful RIS attachments, yet.)

• Like 1

Played for an hour and a half last night and now going on for an hour this morning and no crashes yet.

Had 2 client crashes in ~ 3hours so far, but no server crash at all.

No crashes here - not serverside nor clientside. I like this patch, the game feels very smooth - for the first time in months I was confident placing items on the ground to pick them up later. Zombie pathfinding/awareness seems improved: at the moment none of them was able to ghost through a closed door and I was able to sneak past several of them. New ambient sounds...very immersive, especially the faint/distant zombie snarls sometimes you hear. Also...rafting waterproof bag? Excellent idea. I've found a black one and looks a lot less visible than mountain or talon backpacks. Hope it will turn out to be, well, waterproof under heavy rain.

Now the strange part...is this christmas patch by any chance? I've looted a couple of coastal buildings in very populated areas where there was dozens of items per type. Not a figure of speech: at least two dozen cans of food, mauls, crowbars, soft drinks and beers, fruits, clothes (mainly t-shirts and hoodies). The almighty barn-slash-aladdin's cave has returned: I've visited 10 barns and in at least 8 I've found stacks upon stacks of weapons, clothes and very useful items.

On a general note: very good job, it seems a good and stable patch. Loot respawn system need more work, though

Edited by DocWolf

Had 2 client crashes in ~ 3hours so far, but no server crash at all.

Played for 30 mins and my game crashed.

Played for 30 mins and my game crashed.

Had my first ctd after 20 mins too, but after that i had roughly 2 hours without any trouble.

• Like 1

played for 5-7h now, the servers last a lot longer than in the last version, they actually get to arround 12:00 or 12:30 before no "messages received" actually one server even restarted regulary with a message saying "restart in 5min" and it did ... 

so we are still a little from actually being as stable as going through a whole day cylce but its much better then before !

Glad to hear the crashing issue isn't as bad as Eugen's message made it out to be. My guess is that any crashing at all is unacceptable for release to Stable right now, and that's how it should be in my opinion. Can you even imagine the complaints??

well as far as i know, you get the "no message received", which means the server crashed ?!?!  pretty often in stable 0.49 at the moment ...

furthermore eugen said it was far more bad when they tested it than it is on the exp branch for some reason

I have absolutely no clue why people get this "no message received for..." so often.

Is there something wrong with the current experimental being blocked by firewalls or being restricted somehow??

Friday I played for an hour an a half, without any interruptions or problems.

Yesterday I played for about 3 hours, again, without any kind of connection problems. Staying on the same server as they only restart every 6 hours.

I've never had this "no messages received for..." happen as often as described.

Edit: so often

I have had it that often. It made me go back to stable, every 10 - 15 min I got "No messages recived"

Edited by Dafix

I have had it that often. It made me go back to stable, every 10 - 15 min I got "No messages recived"

Though Eugen asked for crashes on the current exp build.

I got one client crash in a normal gameplay that I'll upload in a couple of minutes in here http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=17972

/Fuck there was no crash dumps created from that crash... I've only some reports in the event logger

No server crashes but I played only 30mins. Are 1st and 3rd person experimentals on a different hive or do some servers have difficulty to connect the hive?

Edited by St. Jimmy

1 in ~6 hrs! It was a sudden Session lost msg, but upon logging back in I was in the exact same spot. \m/

No crashes per se (well my cousins digital storm crashed twice in an hour then not again all night ) but me my friend and my cousin at least twice on the same two servers (for a total of 4 times per person twice per server, on us east 1 and us northeast 0-8) we got kicked because our Battleye client was not responding , and on the last time of me being kicked I noticed the entire server (6 other people) all got kicked one after the next because of Battleye client not responding ! :0 but other than that we had great fun , my cousin being the rage quitting coward he is , finally played for the first time in 6 months and said he even had a blast with no complaints except for the Battleye kicks !

To whiskey tango : yes , Rasputin Kvass is apparently a beer made from poatatoes or something weird like that lol ...

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 1

One session lost in three hours. Only one crash per me and my friend during whole time.

Couldn't shoot through the windows of that orange house with L corridor.

Also leather sewing kit can mend vest.

That was the one thing I was somewhat upset about.

It wouldn't have worked anyway, because the AKS-74U's handguard is too small to fit any of the larger ones. (And you'd only be able to use it with a bipod or flashlight, there aren't really any other useful RIS attachments, yet.)

Id like flash light and red dot sight on AKS74U

To whiskey tango : yes , Rasputin Kvass is apparently a beer made from poatatoes or something weird like that lol ...

Kvass is no beer, Kvass is a russian drink made from bread, I don't know how it tastes though ;)

• Like 1

Kvass is no beer, Kvass is a russian drink made from bread, I don't know how it tastes though ;)

Probably terrible lol I couldn't imagine drinking bread ...

Probably terrible lol I couldn't imagine drinking bread ...

It's not terrible. We got Kvass in our country. It honestly tastes better than beer and it's not alcoholic.