SmashT

Plan for release of 0.45 to Stable

I'm hoping they're lumping in something major to the stable patch, hence the additional delay.

I'm hoping they're lumping in something major to the stable patch, hence the additional delay.

if I understand right, they have people working on different things, so, while one team rewrites the bug that delayed current patch, they will still have  other teams working on their stuff. So will probably be more stuff added, but may sit on experimental for a bit (e.g there will be a new patch to Exp again, then some testing, then stable)

if I understand right, they have people working on different things, so, while one team rewrites the bug that delayed current patch, they will still have  other teams working on their stuff. So will probably be more stuff added, but may sit on experimental for a bit (e.g there will be a new patch to Exp again, then some testing, then stable)

If thats true, sounds friking awsome!

So its been a while and I was wondering when is the experimental update being pushed on stable? how far is this update done in development?

I stopped playing DayZ untill this new patch is comming to stable since the current build is kinda boring, cant wait for hunting!

When it's stable, AKA when it's ready.  Hopefully it will be this Wednesday, but I don't have surveillance equipment in BI's office so I don't know for sure.

I'm hoping it's released to stable soon.. But I am also going to stay patient and have no problem waiting for it to be released to stable, when it's ready to do so.   So many goodies with this new exp build.  IMO, it's probably the best patch for DayZ SA we've seen yet.  :)

I don't know why they didn't release the cooking/hunting part already and keep working on the "newly designed system to handle player movement" separately..

I don't know why they didn't release the cooking/hunting part already and keep working on the "newly designed system to handle player movement" separately..

One would hope it's because the player and animal movement systems are integrated, so one won't work without the other.

So its been a while and I was wondering when is the experimental update being pushed on stable? how far is this update done in development?

I stopped playing DayZ untill this new patch is comming to stable since the current build is kinda boring, cant wait for hunting!

Merged

Your avatar pic is a PERFECT fit for you, you thick headed gorilla. We have no problem with PROPER critiques of the games development an example would be the rubber banding issue that is something to critique. While your opinion of the games progress and that your brothers sons daughters sons 15 year old child can code faster is not a critique but a cry for help Biff. You are just an unhappy person who is in pain who then spreads that pain so your not alone anymore. Being unhappy with their timeline because it doesn't match your own delusional timeline is not a critique. Also being unhappy with the developers "ability" to code faster is simply due to your false notions as to what the development of a game really is or coding for that matter. This game has and does continue to make great progress they listen they learn they adapt and they hire if they cant handle the work load. Please critique the game report bugs talk about these bugs on the forums try to get the DEVs attenton but in a constructive manner. Do not do one liners and smart ass remarks and not expect to be called out on it and then try to hide behind some false sense of virtue.

Took the developers two years to copy and paste the engine from Arma 2 to create this game's engine. I'm not critiquing their ability to code, I'm critiquing their ability to copy and paste and change a few lines. 

Edited by vwarriorv
  • Like 1

Took the developers two years to copy and past the engine from Arma 2 to create this game engine. I'm not critiquing their ability to code, I'm critiquing their ability to copy and paste and change a few lines.

Making a new engine isnt fast you know, give it a try yourself and you will see ;) Edited by Aamunkajo
  • Like 1

Go play Arma 2 and next go play DayZ Standalone. You'll see big difference. Maybe not in graphics which is slightly better in DayZ SA but in game mechanics. It is new engine based on Arma 2.

Kids kids... It's only a game. If it doesn't make you happy as it is, go play outside and keep smiling away.

• Like 1

Took the developers two years to copy and past the engine from Arma 2 to create this game engine. I'm not critiquing their ability to code, I'm critiquing their ability to copy and paste and change a few lines. 

lol you believe its that easy? Even if the DEV's just copied the code and pasted it it would take a long time to just change the codes i mean hell theres millions of the little buggers, but i highly doubt they just pasted and changed it seems everything was writen from scratch so there fore your critique just turned into slander and nothing more. Prove me wrong if I am, Copy A2's code change a few things and let me see where you got in the end, most likely nothing since you would delete the wrong coding making the game collapse in itself. 

Most of the complainers in here have the same issue as the loudest voices in the Star Citzen Arena Commander forum right now.  They need to realize that emotionally investing into anything that doesn't serve a purpose beyond entertainment is ridiculous. If this is you, evaluate your life, or lack thereof. It is a GAME. Won't feed or clothe you or anyone except for the developers who are selling it.So if anyone should give a shit about the outcome, it will be them.

• Like 1

Most of the complainers in here have the same issue as the loudest voices in the Star Citzen Arena Commander forum right now.  They need to realize that emotionally investing into anything that doesn't serve a purpose beyond entertainment is ridiculous. If this is you, evaluate your life, or lack thereof. It is a GAME. Won't feed or clothe you or anyone except for the developers who are selling it.So if anyone should give a shit about the outcome, it will be them.

want a stamina buff with that post mate?

Making a new engine isnt fast you know, give it a try yourself and you will see ;)

Nah, it's more of a re-bore, port and polish job than a new engine.

Seriously dude, first of all the game is nothing like Arma 2 Dayz Mod, its much better even in alpha. They are trying as hard as they can. Do you want them to release a game with a lot of bugs and unfinished materials. They told you that this game is in ALPHA. If you cant handle it then don't buy it!

• Like 1

Biff just get back to shining the car and no streaks, thank you.

• Like 1

So when is this patch reaching stable?

I'm hoping within tomorrow's maintenance or maybe next week on Wednesdays maintenance , it's been like 2 weeks or maybe more so I feel something in the air soon :) .