SmashT

Plan for release of 0.45 to Stable

Well, to be fair his map size is similar to Altis which works fine for multiplayer in ARMA III.

some technical details about maps....

South Zagoria which is our playable map makes 20 % of the shown map ( I would say even less). DayZ/A2 Chernarus is a 2048 heightmap using a scale of 7,5 which gives us a map of 15,36o x 15,360 km Complete Chernaus as show on the map taken from the Green Sea Project would be at least 5 times bigger = 76,800 x 76,800 km....Altis is 30,720km x 30,720 km ( same scale)

Rubberbanding is very minimal if you don't run around like a dik (as you can see in the youtube vids wining about it), you should only rly get it bad one or twice an hour.

When you've been playing on a server for 10+ mins and it resets or you leave you will need to restart the game or you will crash on logging in or just after.

Pretty much fine otherwise.

Are you kidding me? Have you been playing the exp build recently? This is a MAJOR problem not just with movement but for when I'm running around trying t avoid zombies & then all of a sudden I'm getting hit. I look around no one no zombie no person no sounds of anyone near so maybe there is a zombie under me bugged. I then go forward a bit more only to be rubber banded back to a previous location and boom there is the zombie hitting me. It also applies to people being able to kill you cause either while trying to run or fight you rubber band in & out of cover. Just so you know I used to be just like you till I rubber banded off a roof I was on a minute ago and broke my damn knee. At first the rubber banding either never happened to me or only occasionally happened but that was on STABLE while the EXPERIMENTAL servers are a whole different story.

guys, i was wondering about chernarus map.

we getting new cities and locations in patches but the map still the same size. would i ever hope for something like this?

ArmA2_Chernarus_factbook_map.jpg

From what I have read or heard from a interview with Dean Hall he has said he wants to make the map bigger not just by adding more towns but also more land and areas to explore. The map once you go to the edge still goes on so the land is already there we just need to expand the border.

From what I have read or heard from a interview with Dean Hall he has said he wants to make the map bigger not just by adding more towns but also more land and areas to explore. The map once you go to the edge still goes on so the land is already there we just need to expand the border.

no this is not true all the terrain outside the boarders of the heightmap is so called outside terrain which is generated by the engine automatically . This land can not be edited or used because it does not show in the editor...maps using the RV engines can not be just simply extended...the next possible seize would probably be a 4096 x 4096  heightmap using the same scale of 7,5 which would give us the seize of Altis...editing such a huge map would take years...not to speak about performance issues...

finding entertaining gameplay in alpha builds is a rare luck, and not something to expect, or even demand. those who dont enjoy the game currently - and especially those whose feedback is limited to complaining about their expectations not being met, are truely well-advised to retire from the game until a later date.

as for changes, we have seen major ones in recent months - even though the (imho) most significant of them didnt affect our gameplay as testers: the major expansion of the development team, and the decision to replace the rendering engine.

there are several points worth critique, but neither the development pace nor the transparency of the development process are among them. we have seen big changes in the requirements and manifest - the network/server architecture, the switch to steam infrastructure, most recently the decision to change the renderer. all these have been communicated clearly to the community, and have - obviously - trashed any roadmap existing prior to each respective change. merging three dev teams/studios into one and bringing everyone into one workflow similarly has costed a lot of time. any and all of the issues have been promptly communicated to the community, be it on twitter, reddit, devblog or through the community team here in the forums.

if you're frustrated with the performance of the game, its entertainment value, or gameplay/content progress, dont shit on the game or the devs. they are not to blame for false expectations

if you encounter a bug - try to reproduce it, document it, and provide a concise report to the feedback tracker, including any relevant files like screenshots or dxdiag report file. feel free to discuss it here, to lament it, but again - please dont shit on it.

and to the other party: considering the amount of copies sold, and the hype the game has recieved online, we totally should not be surprised about people coming here with high expectations. stop shoving 'alpher! hurrdurr" in their faces. yes, it gets repetitive, but keep calm and refer them to the abundantly available infos to set their perspective straight.

we have quite a diverse community here: milsim diehards, hardcore survivalists, MLG PvPers, sandbox carebears, etc. everyone of us has an own vision of what this game could and should become, and obviously most of us will have to compromise or face disappointment. try to keep this in mind.

As you only quoted me, I presume that your response is solely to me. So I shall retort.

I must have rare luck, because I have fun in this alpha. I did expect it, but at no point did I demand it. What makes you think I did? Also, what makes you think my feedback is limited to complaining about expectations? You seem to be rolling up other peoples replies into mine, which I find perplexing - Are you able to tell the difference between different posts on the forum?

The significant changes of late have not affected game play, so I agree with you there, but ultimately that's what you were trying to throw in my face; that there had been major changes that affect the game. There hasn't.

And then we come to you putting words in my mouth again - I didn't say I was frustrated, I stated I found myself retiring from the game because I found it "...seriously lacking in entertainment value at times." There is only so much excitement a new gun or piece of clothing can generate in any game. And when did I "shit on" any body? In any way? Especially the devs? Perhaps when I stated my expectations of the game? But wait... I didn't!

When I encounter a bug (which isn't all that often) I do report it with all relevant information to the feedback tracker. I don't come here and shit all over "it" (whatever "it" is to you. I don't want to make an assumption because "it" could be "anything"). Again you must be having difficulties with other posters posts all blending in to one big one. That is not the case.

To further elaborate I watched my son play this game for a month before I decided to grab a copy. I was well aware of what it entailed, and I was happy to be included. The only expectations I had buying the alpha was what I was told (as were all of you) by the developers. Changing project priorities and business expansion are sure to cause delays in progress made, and with these in consideration (as per my last post), and at the current rate of progress, it is not feasible that the game will go into beta any time soon. I am not shitting on anyone by saying this, I am simply stating fact. If my conclusion offends you - Too bad. I'm not out to shit on you or anyone else, I've just done some simple math and made my results known.

How long do you think it will take before the game reaches beta, considering the current release rate and delays?

How long do you think it will take before the game reaches beta, considering the current release rate and delays?

short version... when its done... ;)

Shorter version, la la la la its alpha lalalalalala you mad bro la la la la la la la i love you Dean!!!!!! 

Edited by JamesLennoxHood

2 HOURS SPENT TO LOOT LONGE RANGE SCOPE>GOING TO GET SOME KILLS>ALL SHOTS MISSED CAUSE OF NO BULLETS IMPACT>WHATS THE POINT OF LONG DISTANCE GUNFIGHTS WITHOUT BULLET IMPACT?

remember that guy?

common calm down ;)

play something else if u are  bored :) its DONE when its DONE!

Not all of us want a buggy game...

Edited by quantum2k6

and AGAIN... Wednesday and no Update... W T F?

The door is the other way, don't come back.

• Like 1

So many brown-nosers...

Dude! That's uncalled for!  The dev team has been working hard and the new update looks like it will add a shit ton of awesomeness to the game.

And if it doesn't, we'll DESTROY those stupid jerks for getting our hopes up!!! :D

Erm... NO!? Why? 

Anyway... who are you?  

Edited by scatterhandZ

I dont know if its because of rubberbanding but, when I tried to kill myself by jumping off a building, I didnt die. Several times I fell off stands and buildings too, but it doesnt even break your leg.. This is at least something nice I guess, you dont need to use the ladders anymore :D

Edited by nightvisit

and AGAIN... Wednesday and no Update... W T F?

Neither of you are contributing.... Scatter, they'll move it to stable as soon as it isn't shit.  What they're doing is difficult and there is no way to predict the nature/duration of issues that might arise.  Iron, don't be a douche nozzle back to him just because he was being a douche nozzle to the developers.  An eye for an eye etc... oh and its in the forum rules somewhere...

Edited by TheLastEmp

regardless of the posts on here keep up the good work guys, most of us can wait and are excited to see the next update in action!  

• Like 1

Well, to be fair his map size is similar to Altis which works fine for multiplayer in ARMA III.

This is when the face hits the palm..

Games that give early access are brave warriors of the interweb world (wipes a way a tear). The safe option would have been to set up a kickstarter project, as they would have got the basic funds they needed, before needing to release anything and maybe a more understanding community (As in understand alpha). As for the cost of this access and support (And it is support and the chance to  help shape the game), it may have been set to low, allowing too many people access, who made the decision to take part as it didn't cost much (Elite dangerous access 200 BPS, and beta access something like 50 BPS).

Seeing a lot of early access games getting the same hate and I think it because it a new option to most people and they don't understand what they are getting into. I guess in a few years, people will know what to expect when taking part in early access and the money the put down for the 'game' is more like support (Even a gamble if its an unknown team). Briefly back to the cost, its no more than a cheap night out.

As for plans not running to schedule (more like, not as posted on forums), plans change when unforeseen things happen, then new plans are made. This is a normal thing in development and an important skill needed by project leaders (I remember in collage being told to make plans that where 'over the top' for some projects, just to show how I would deal with over runs and changes, because it something that happens in RL)

I know people have the right to express their opinions, I just wanted to as well

• Like 3

Neither of you are contributing.... Scatter, they'll move it to stable as soon as it isn't shit.  What they're doing is difficult and there is no way to predict the nature/duration of issues that might arise.  Iron, don't be a douche nozzle back to him just because he was being a douche nozzle to the developers.  An eye for an eye etc... oh and its in the forum rules somewhere...

Well I was thinking that I asked a valid question in this thread and I never recieved any kind of response at all. So I can understand the frustration of some people here to some degree. After all they are complaining because they really like the game, because they care about it. And that in itself can be rewarding for the one who makes it, no matter how poor the choice of words might be or initial intention ;)

Edited by TyrDaishi
  • Like 1

Still don't have update for stable :(

hopefully they are still working on other things alongside current patch, while they fix the server client dupe player rubber problem. I want a fish bowl to keep a gold fish in :P

Well I would guess as long as it took for them to make last experimental patch with guarantied data (and a bit longer) , that will be the problem ( i guess), and I think they said the are rewriting the problem code. They not goanna give us a time on release after having to pass last date.

some technical details about maps....

South Zagoria which is our playable map makes 20 % of the shown map ( I would say even less). DayZ/A2 Chernarus is a 2048 heightmap using a scale of 7,5 which gives us a map of 15,36o x 15,360 km Complete Chernaus as show on the map taken from the Green Sea Project would be at least 5 times bigger = 76,800 x 76,800 km....Altis is 30,720km x 30,720 km ( same scale)

So Altis is double what we currently have. It seems so much bigger to me. 

What he has proposed would be a little over 4x what we currently have.