SmashT

Plan for release of 0.45 to Stable

Well old chap, please answer a few questions. Why is it that everything has to move at breakneck speeds to satisfy people? And why on earth did you go on steam, pay 30 bucks to "buy into" early access alpha, knowing there would be bugs, glitches and all sorts of testing going on in alpha? Did you not read the giant disclaimer before you even got to the purchase section of steam?

Yes this game has made progress, it has been slow. If you want to help the process, go do what you paid for and test the game. Explore a bit go looking for oddities, glitches instead of playing death match in berezino or the airfield. Or you could just walk away for a bit and come back to see if progress has been made. I'm sorry but you should not be bitching when they told us in the beginning that this is gonna be a long strange trip from alpha to release

Hahah good one -_-

• Like 1

What a suprise...

Actually not, this is exactly what gaming-development is like. 99 setbacks, and then some victories, followed by 99 more setbacks... 

I'm super glad that the release of this patch to stable is being pushed back!

• Like 1

Hahah good one -_-

Just what I thought, you more than likely saw others having fun playing on YouTube and thought I want some of that action not realizing all those wonderful videos are heavily edited so that you don't see the bugs or glitches. Seriously though answer my questions please or go fuck off and stop complaining when you don't get your instant gratification. Things just don't happen over night

• Like 5

"progress" Is an overstatement my good chum.

So I take it you haven't played either the standalone or the mod! 

Brilliant games such as Fallout 3, Morrowind and Half Life 2 spent each over five years in development. How long has DayZ been in development? 

Did those games somehow... I don't know... fail? I recall them being quite good, and quite popular. 

DayZ is a game that is quite big in scope. Remember Arma 2 being an MMO? I sure don't. 

Development time means absolutely nothing to us, the people who want to play it. We're not going to be any less interested in a brilliant final product just because we had to eagerly, impatiently wait to play it. Actually, it just means we're going to want to play it more-- claiming otherwise is akin to the tactics a toddler would use to get what he wants quicker. 

But putting all of this aside, there's one big reason to dislike people putting pressure on the devs: They're artists. Video-games are just as valid a form of art as literature, cinema, paintings. You payed because you support their vision of the game. Their development of their game. They're not forced to burn themselves out just because we each payed a small sum. They can work at the speed they choose. You didn't invest millions, we collectively did. 

Edited by Very Ape
  • Like 14

Just what I thought, you more than likely saw others having fun playing on YouTube and thought I want some of that action not realizing all those wonderful videos are heavily edited so that you don't see the bugs or glitches. Seriously though answer my questions please or go fuck off and stop complaining when you don't get your instant gratification. Things just don't happen over nig

How grown up, ok calm down.. I'll "fuck myself"

I mean seriously, would you rather they push out some piece of garbage so that you can have more gun, bases and vehicles or try to fix the existing issues like Ai pathing, wall glitches and unlimited ammo clips and the other issues? The game is stuck in alpha for the foreseeable future, all we can do is give feed back instead of ermahgerd this game sucks cause I can't have more stuff.

And yes OpTic_Polar I am grown up, just tired of you kids and your need it now mentality. Put on your big boy pants and help out or move along

• Like 9

No, its --->ALPHA<---

OH THE HUGE MANATEE!!!

Why wasn't I warned at some stage? Preferably when the game loads!

OH THE HUGE MANATEE!!!

please tell me you are joking LOOOL

So when can we expect it to hit stable?

I don't mean "GIVE ME IT NOW!!! AHHH WHERE'S MY PACIFIER MOMMY!"

But like, generally when? Next week, the week after? Obviously we'd all prefer sooner rather than later but it'd be nice to know the general time it might be on stable :P I plan to not play until it's stable since the experimental servers are too busy and have expected problems but I am eager to play this update in full.

OH THE HUGE MANATEE!!!

Then dont cry about the bugs. Bugs are part of

--->ALPHA<---

I cant believe people are seriously impatient with this game, hell in my opinion even at the stage its at is 10x better then most games out hence the 2 million sold and it hasn't even gotten close to hit shelf's I mean hell people when did this generation become so "I need it now or else I won't have it at all" ... did anyone get spanked as a child when they would cry that they needed a toy and their parents said be patient yet you never were so "SMACK" ... or was i one of the only ones actually raised right along with a few others on this post? Damn people it doesn't matter when just be patient and it will be more then worth it, besides kinda builds the anticipation don't you think.

• Like 5

OH THE HUGE MANATEE!!!

Im pretty certain this person is joking 

to those of you who complain about stable and vehicles and etc. be glad they are alllowing us to buy in early at 30$ to help beta test what we know will be a great game in the future, they could have said fuck it and gave us a terrible, $60 game a year later, be grateful and if you need certain feature immediantly, go back to the mod

• Like 2

So many brown-nosers...

Yeah or could it be that they actually enjoy playing allready and they have the understanding that not everything in this wolrd happens instantly by a click of a button.

If you hate the game so much, dont play it, wait till they launch it and come back. Cause your feedback is irrelevant.

• Like 5

Yeah or could it be that they actually enjoy playing allready and they have the understanding that not everything in this wolrd happens instantly by a click of a button.

If you hate the game so much, dont play it, wait till they launch it and come back. Cause your feedback is irrelevant.

God forbid anyone posts negative feedback so the game could actually get better.

• Like 2

God forbid anyone posts negative feedback so the game could actually get better.

I just cant see how you calling people brown-nosers helps the game getting better. Anyways have fun.

• Like 2

Feedback about something broken is fine. What most people do on these forums however is whine, complain and scream about how they were killed to bugs and that the game sucks. They completely forget what stage this game is in and word their post as if the game is in its final stage and will never change. Honestly people are so impatient.

• Like 6

Well.... don´t know what to say. I thougth they would INTENT to achieve the goals of the timetable, but they simply don´t. OK, problems like this may occure, thats ok. What is not ok is, that the next update was planned for "end of april in the worst case". It´s almost June now.

And who dares to talk about progress?! There was no progress for half a year! New items and weapons are not a progress! (This is no critisism for the developers because it´s an alpha, but for this disturbing idiotic fanboys)

Well.... don´t know what to say. I thougth they would INTENT to achieve the goals of the timetable, but they simply don´t. OK, problems like this may occure, thats ok. What is not ok is, that the next update was planned for "end of april in the worst case". It´s almost June now.

And who dares to talk about progress?! There was no progress for half a year! New items and weapons are not a progress! (This is no critisism for the developers because it´s an alpha, but for this disturbing idiotic fanboys)

Yeah cause you know they just added weapons and items...

• Like 1

Negative feedback, as in, hey, this feature is broken? Or negative feedback, as in, complaining that it's taking too long? 

The former can be considered constructive feedback. The latter is whining. 

Edited by Very Ape
  • Like 2

Negative feedback, as in, hey, this feature is broken? Or negative feedback, as in, complaining that it's taking too long? 

The former can be considered constructive feedback. The latter is whining.

yeah but the place for constructive feedback - reporting bugs and defunct features - is the feedback tracker. the forums are for the whining people who cant be arsed to file a decent ticket in the tracker. or for smartarses like me. ;)

anyways, good to know the reason for the "rubberbanding" issue is identified.

Edited by e47
  • Like 2

Originally we planned to release the 0.45, currently on experimental branch, to stable today. However feedback from experimental identified a flaw in a newly designed system to handle player movement. This causes the server to, when faced with complex geometry, come up with a different acceptable pathing result than a client. When the server and client have differing states, the server “wins”. Therefore the place your client lets you go gets “reset” and you warp back to your position.

This is very frustrating as I am sure those testing on experimental will know. We know exactly the problem that causes this, it’s not a bug in a traditional sense but a problem with the approach we used. Currently that approach is being rewritten.

What we did do was merge in some changes to 0.44 that enhance security. There are some loopholes in the game that have not been utilizing our client-server architecture and we will continue to work on these to reduce the impact of hacking and exploiting in the game.

Please report any issues with the game to our feedback tracker.

Read on Tumblr

I would much rather see them hold off posting to stable with issues.  Cudo's to Rocket and the DevTeam for recognizing this, and not releasing it to stable.  Keep up the awesome work.

Drag.

• Like 1