SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.45 Discussion

Anytime!!  B)  We'll probably have a patch this week, either for the experimental or stable branch. I got my fingers crossed! ;)

No it is an early access server

No one else would do it, so I did.  Any news on why they have been down for over a week and no official ETA beyond rumor should be posted here.  This is not a rant at all, I just want to help people manage their expectations, and focus on the Experimental Server downtime.  Professional code developers would conduct a retrospective, a post mortem, a "how did we drop the ball and how will we not drop it in the future" meeting.

After setting the ping time to 500ms and waiting forever, the only server with version 0.45.123906 is called "Hicks", aka the big kahuna of DayZ, and it is locked.  No other servers are available.

Please post updates to the experimental server pool here.

A sticky would be great.

Thank you.

no it is an early access game

If Early Access permits the devs can pause/stop/delay/do what they want on their unfinished game as they like. Well, this is their right.

Then, There is no clause in Early Access forbidding players complain/criticize/press the devs.

Since the devs won't like to give up the right of delaying their work as they like, why players should give up the right to criticize?

Delaying their work?

Well that seems like a pretty big assumption. You're saying they're behind because they're just putting off the work like they'll do it some other day? The DayZ development team has struggled with deadlines since the mod and it's not because they are delaying doing the work. My impression is it's because they're struggling to accomplish what they want with this engine. It's a battle to get certain things to happen. The idea of the standalone was to take the engine more into their control but that certainly doesn't mean suddenly everything will change in a few months. They have to dismantle and rebuild certain parts and they hit snags along the way. That's just how it is. If you don't like it, leave. Delayed releases for patches is not new for this game (mod included), get over it.

The first problem most people usually have is believing in road maps. I took the road map more as an idea of what they're going to do with the game, not WHEN. There are a lot of people on this board whose lives would be a lot happier if they did the same. I think the direction the team is heading in is great, I think they've developed a clear vision, and I don't care if they end up there 2 years from now. I can't think of a time the developers actually failed on something they said they were going to do, they've just failed on deadlines... and I've never thought it was because they just wanted to sit in the office and twiddle their thumbs instead of work.

• Like 5

? The producer literally said no updates this week, yesterday.  No point in crossing your fingers..

Well, didn't see that. My bad. ( I'm not following every reddit, twitter and what not out there. The forums keep me updated. Maybe not fast enough, but still...)

• Like 2

No update this week? Well that's really surprising..................................................................................................................not.

• Like 2

Does'nt that just mean no updates going to stable this week, not really applying to Experimental servers?

Thats what I'm hoping for haha

• Like 2

I just checked and didn't see any EXP servers. Not even the password protected Hicks server.

I just checked and didn't see any EXP servers. Not even the password protected Hicks server.

Oh well no akm for me :(

Still no exp servers up.. Was kinda hoping to play some experimental action, but I guess stable build it is for now.. :)

Still no exp servers up.. Was kinda hoping to play some experimental action, but I guess stable build it is for now.. :)

Yeah, i guess its good cause it means there working on something big for exp.

i hope so as i prever playing experimental branch.. and i so much like to test things out

i hope so as i prever playing experimental branch.. and i so much like to test things out

Exp build servers are still not up atm.. :(  Keeping my fingers crossed they come up soon.. or at least tonight sometime!  :)

ah so their still waiting for the experimental servers to come back up ? thanks for the updates anyway guys will hop onto stable now :)

thanks for the updates anyway guys will hop onto stable now :)

yes, stable is the way it meant to be played, unfortunately the actual stable branch i do not like. :D

wow so what 2 weeks huh...ya this game uh...ya

Go ahead we'll wait ..... O... Oh are you done ? Lawl ....

On another note , I've been playing dayz mod for a couple days and now have to get outta that pvp fest... People think standalones a pvp battle they should really play dayz overwatch for a while , it's nothing but people shooting at you and no talking unless some hero with an airplane is offering rides ... Can't wait til standalone has all that the mod has ,cuz with the intense human interaction the standalone has I'd love to see it in combination with all the features of the mod.. and rage boys please don't quote this and say "if the standalone ever gets to that point !" Because I will wrestle you in real life .... It will get there (soonish) and I will love it...

• Like 1

NVM hehe :)

Edited by Carlosdmc

Go ahead we'll wait ..... O... Oh are you done ? Lawl ....

On another note , I've been playing dayz mod for a couple days and now have to get outta that pvp fest... People think standalones a pvp battle they should really play dayz overwatch for a while , it's nothing but people shooting at you and no talking unless some hero with an airplane is offering rides ... Can't wait til standalone has all that the mod has ,cuz with the intense human interaction the standalone has I'd love to see it in combination with all the features of the mod.. and rage boys please don't quote this and say "if the standalone ever gets to that point !" Because I will wrestle you in real life .... It will get there (soonish) and I will love it...

Play the vanilla mod on server 3480. Its an official, unadulterated version. And the player base seems to be very friendly. I met 3 players at the NWAF the other night, surprised them all.. and each one was friendly, talked to me.. and the sidechat was full of helpful people just having a good time playing.

Go there. Official server 3480. High pop almost always 

Edited by lrish
  • Like 2

UK exp servers online, get on while you still can!

• Like 1

Less nighttime on the Experimental servers = more people to find and fix more bugs faster!

I think many players will support me? ;)

Some night jogging:

* Experimental Build #0.45.123906