SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.45 Discussion

How i can know if there are experimental servers up?

I've tryed right now and non servers are shown

You already answered your question...

Hicks tweeted yesterday night that he doesn't believe we'll see a new experimental version (a proper one) today, but it will happen soon.

So, if not today, probably and hopefully this week anyway (I think that because he wrote "not tomorrow, I don't believe", probably meaning that they are very close even if not yet ready).

I had just posted this very same thing.. about 4 posts above you. :/

Why can't BI distribute information on the progress/status of exp. Servers and all other stuff from ONE source? I hate checking 5 Twitter accounts to get the latest news.

I know there's a Devtracker Section but it mostly contains private tweets from Rocket which are absolutely non related to DayZ... I wish there was a info box in the Game, which gives you the latest informations on Maintainance, new Patches, upcoming features, etc. <_<

Edited by Igglas Cage
  • Like 5

You already answered your question...

So i must each time download experimental, start experimental, search for servers if not found i need to download again the stable?

Maybe a little post sticked here with 4 words: experimental servers are UP or experimental servers are DOWN could be usefull?

(Yes i know, early access, bla bla bla, forums, bla bla bla, kos etc etc)

Why can't BI distribute information on the progress/status of exp. Servers and all other stuff from ONE source? I hate checking 5 Twitter accounts to get the latest news.

I know there's a Devtracker Section but it mostly contains private tweets from Rocket which are absolutely non related to DayZ... I wish there was a info box in the Game, which gives you the latest informations on Maintainance, new Patches, upcoming features, etc. <_<

Just so you know they answer this question on this page.. its in writing at the top in white.

"

Experimental Patch Discussion

Please note: Experimental updates can come at any time, with any frequency. Things can be removed from the build at a moments notice and many of these changes are half finished and will be modified or even removed entirely prior to going to stable and many of which you will not see (on database side for example) They are development snapshots used for testing experimental work so producing patch notes is not possible. Experimental is not the place for strong user experiences, it's for testing new systems. 

Feel free to use these forums to discuss specific experimental patches and things you have found."

;)

Edited by lrish

You all need to stop whining about this and that. If you post screenshots/posts about problems you see. When & where this problem was. Date and time. You will actully help developers build a better game for you. Hence the reason for the new thread. Help the developers build and fix then game into something you want.

So i must each time download experimental, start experimental, search for servers if not found i need to download again the stable?

Maybe a little post sticked here with 4 words: experimental servers are UP or experimental servers are DOWN could be usefull?

Everytime you want to go on experimental branch, you have to DL about 140mb, when you want to go back to stable, you have to DL the stable update, about 138mb. Yes you have to do it each time you switch between exp. and stable branches. 

If you've switched to experimental branch and you're now looking for experimental servers ingame but don't find any - they are offline ^^ You may see 1-4 experimentals which are password protected. Yesterday the experimentals were up for a couple of hours if i'm not wrong, I was able to play for about 30 minutes with a lot of rubberbanding, after all of them were down again.

Normally I just check if any of the experimental servers are up while browsing the servers in the stable build. They show up with their respective version so no need to opt in every time just to check if they are up or not. Just wait till most servers are shown on your list and arrange them by version. You'll see the experimental servers on top. That's what I do, or just post here asking if they are up or not.

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 6

Normally I just check if any of the experimental servers are up while browsing the servers in the stable build. The show up with their respective version so no need to opt in every time just to check if they are up or not. Just wait till most servers are shown on your list and arrange them by version. You'll see the experimental servers on top. That's what I do, or just post here asking if they are up or not.

This.

Also, they (exp. servers) appear to be down now.. Strangely I noticed that there is a large batch of stable servers that are stuck on the old build and do not seem to be joinable. All official servers, CHI and KS hosted by Vilayer are affected it looks. Seems odd to me. 

Edited by lrish
  • Like 1

For me every new patch has increased my FPS and/or over all graphic performance.

Just put the exp. servers in your favorites and check the steam server list. no need to start the game at all.

the exp. server have always the same ip.

• Like 3

no servers at present, just  2 passworded running a different version

• Like 1

So, experimental servers are down?  oh well...

Are there currently fixes going on the experimental servers or something? Cuz I'm having trouble with finding one that's green.. It worked just fine three days ago =/

Ok smart things can't be done in DayZ i agree.

yes i know forums bla bla bla early access bla bla bla kos bla bla bla

Ok smart things can't be done in DayZ i agree.

yes i know forums bla bla bla early access bla bla bla kos bla bla bla

Can you please elaborate on that?

It's close to playable. But arma 3 with BP and Battle royale look like it'll give a bit more gameplay until the SA progresses. 

Id say from the looks of the forums and the amount of people still playing/testing on the standalone, in comparison to a month ago, many have f'ed off already. More will stop as they fall further and further behind on  that "road map" they laid out 

• Like 1

There's a new knockout animation as well. The guy punched his friend and they fell backwards onto their ass.

Excellent. Need to hear >alot< more like this. 

You all need to stop whining about this and that. If you post screenshots/posts about problems you see. When & where this problem was. Date and time. You will actully help developers build a better game for you. Hence the reason for the new thread. Help the developers build and fix then game into something you want.

Not true at all. I have posted many many times about crashing issues I have, which others also have confirmed to have. I was told the issue was already fixed even though it still occurs. Rocket needs to leave the team much earlier and get a different project manager in.

• Like 1

Not true at all. I have posted many many times about crashing issues I have, which others also have confirmed to have. I was told the issue was already fixed even though it still occurs. Rocket needs to leave the team much earlier and get a different project manager in.

Not having the said issues, crashing, as you put it.. Any particular thing you are doing when the crashes occur?  Is it possible that it maybe an issue with your hardware/software causing it?  System specs plz.

There's a new knockout animation as well. The guy punched his friend and they fell backwards onto their ass.

Excellent. Need to hear >alot< more like this. 

New for us, but old for them. I stumbled on it by accident and thought it was Ragdoll. I later found out its the ko animation from an very early build…confirmed by staff. Can be seen here:

http://youtu.be/2xYEHMdx0J4

• Like 1

Was their maintenance this week? Any updates?

Was their maintenance this week? Any updates?

yep they did maintenance, but wrote beforehand there will be no update yet, it will follow soon, no day etc mentioned, hope it comes out today (but i guess im out of luck), i can kinda only play on weekends.

Edited by Rhygar666

always one idiot who thinks the eyes see in frames. we see in motion and i can personally tell the difference between 30, 60 and 120., and 240. Put a game on each, I'll tell you which one is which, which feels damns smoother. Your eye interprets moving images and combines them in your brain. You do NOT see in flash frames like a camera records. the eye and brain is complex and everyone is different. A game running at 120 compared to 60 will have an advantage especially on a shooting game where the game will refresh the image 60 times in one second, each movement you make will not register to your screen, eyes and feedback to your brain as instantly as a 120 fps. And of course small instances make all the difference in a shooting game.

Another example is the Hobbit film which ran on 44 fps and that is so much different to watching a standard HD film, you can see the smoothness in the action sequences look dramatically smoother and less clunky

so im an idiot for searching "max fps a human eye can see" ... what did you do other than give your own opinion??? as much as I love random retards opinions on the internet I reject your statement til you come back with something other than what you can see ... and if you still feel you need to prove yourself I will happily direct you to the many many forums that have been discussing this topic so you can direct your opinions there ...

You are pointing two differents things. Both unaccuratly.

The thing Melfist is talking about is the unabelity of the human eye to see the lake of new frame between two frames. (note : this lake of perception doesn't prevent the perception of clunkyness, has the human IS able to see this laking frame if it was there). Wich is actually around 20 images per second. (and that's why 30 fps isn't problematic on consoles)

The thing AgentNe0 is talking about is the smoothness of a succession of frame the human eye and the human brain can see, past the point where you won't have any perception of any lake of a new frame between two frames. This depends on how fast are moving the things you are rendering/filming. The faster this thing is moving, the more ips you will need to make it look smooth. Anyone can spot the difference between 120 and 240 ips, provided that what they are looking on the screen is moving fast enought.

AgentNe0 allthough point out, between lines, at delays between inpout and output (responsisness), often wrongfully directly tied to FPS. While a high FPS is an indicator of your computer's good permences, permences that play a part in any delay that can occure between the input and the output. But having a low FPS doesn't neceraly means you'll have a high input/output delay. This delay is allthough impacted by your input devises (keybord/mouse, or more specifically, how good your computer and these devises communicate) and your output devise (screen, VCR excluded). And ultimatly, the game you are playing (all games don't require the same level of responsiveness)

In other words, there is no magical fps number. But fps numbers that suit some games, and fps numbers that suit other games.

Edited by Mathylde