SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.45 Discussion

Considering that is 00.25 AM of saturday in central Europe, I think you should start considering opting out from experimental if you want to play/test over the weekend :)

Damn timezones.

Make the gun a persistent objecs, which decays over time. So for example lets say I have one of those rare guns and fall off a building and die.

The gun would be lying on the spot where I died, ready to be picked up by another player. If it would to remain untouched for about a week, it decays and it will respawn at it's regular spawn location.

your idea is good, except it has one big flaw.

i hide guns i do not use for no one to find in bushes ..

with your system we would have servers where no guns would spawn at all

they would be at locations where you died and where i hid them.. -_-

Edited by dawud

Experimental servers down??  Just did the update and got nothing.  Wondering if anyone else having issue or if its my end

Sorry guys, haven't been on playing in dayz and got off work a bit early and fired it up and "oops!!!"  Thanks for the info though!  Here's hoping they get it back up soon!!

Experimental Branch: 0.45.123906

The primary purpose of this exp update is based around loot spawning - just testing out some changes to the system.

The rubberbanding on 0.45 experimental is related to experiments with respawning loot. This is the first piece, issues are to be expected. They are logging a new respawning technique. The processing causes significant CPU drain, causing delayed processing of position data. Experimental is not the place for strong user experiences, it's for testing new systems. We're going to drop the player #s down on the exp branch boxes to mitigate some of the perf issues with the new loot systems.

The update is purely to allow us to track data on the hive which is why there are very few server instances online.

Respawning loot and making all houses spawn loot would be amazing. 

Respawning loot and making all houses spawn loot would be amazing. 

I did notice that the police stations and the blue hospitals were lootless

• Like 1

FPS on my end seems to have improved as well.. More noticeable in the larger city areas.  Maybe just a few fps, like 3-5, but does definitely feel more 'fluid'.

• Like 1

Unfortunately it didn't change for me...it would have been very good news, I need that.

your idea i a good, except it has one big flaw.

This would be rather good in my opinion. It would give the game a whole new different concept of looting  :P

yeah, a concept of .. "where is everything?!?"
imho there is one big problem,.. an that is that there is no survival at all
too much food, to much ammo, too less harsh conditions/environment (coldness/sickness,etc.)
but so far ..it is alpha after all

Edited by dawud

Hicks stated that experimental servers will come up only with a new update.

It is sunday 02.00 AM in central Europe, so you'll have to wait at least one day (but I think more).

You can't seem to read this and the other threads in this section :D

There aren't, that's why you can't find the servers.

Edited by Gugolas

your idea i a good, except it has one big flaw.

It could work if they made it so that if an item is taken from where it originally spawned and put on the ground somewhere, it will have a timer until it de-spawns and something else can take it's original item spawn point.

Edited by Hagon94
  • Like 1

c'mom guys... what are 2-8 fps?

if there isnt at least 20-30 fps improvement then there is none...

look at games like cs or cod.... where the players have 250 fps and more...

we really dont need details like a fluttering leave in the wind... but we need more performance and a lag and stuttering free gameplay...

• Like 1

definitely runs worse for me in cities. svetlo keeps stuttering like hell. this wasnt the case some weeks ago

we really dont need details like a fluttering leave in the wind... but we need more performance and a lag and stuttering free gameplay...

Actually it depends on your sistem and on what you are used to.

For those running the game on laptops (normal ones, not supa gaming ones), for example, gaining 8 FPS can change the game experience.

And, before somebody says it, I know, those are not super sexy hardcore gamers (maybe they just can't have a good hardware?)...but don't think that every dayz buyer is ;)

Anyway, client optimisation (major one) is a late alpha and beta task, so we're still far far away from that.

• Like 2

Hello there

I dont think you can speak for everyone with these points.

Also, I dont think the COD or CS points are particularly valid in comparison with DAYZ.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 11

I for one have seen little to no improvements in performance since many many patches ago. I actually have a constant crashing issues which ONLY occurs with DayZ. When I use 1gb memory usage in the video settings I get a crash to desktop within minutes. Once I lower the usage to 512 mb the issue does not occur. I have posted about this multiple times on the bug forums with no reply from the developers. The fact that this issue is still being reported and has been for many patches now and has not been recognized or fixed by the developers really makes me feel pessimistic about DayZ's future. 

Hello there

I dont think you can speak for everyone with these points.

Also, I dont think the COD or CS points are particularly valid in comparison with DAYZ.

Rgds

LoK

It would not have been a fair comparison back while DayZ was just a mod. However, DayZ is now is well funded. The team had access to modify their way to a newish engine to tailor it to the needs of DayZ. Those needs should have included 30+ if not 60 fps.

• Like 1