rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.42.116002

Don't get me wrong, I was just trying to remove a bit of drama from this thread with a joke, as you well know people always goes too hard on these things ;)

That's also why I don't agree with you, knowing how people behave gives clear possibilities for counter measures (if interested in doing so). Its part of their job (my opinion, of course, and just related to this project) keeping people informed and involved, and they could do a lot better on this point of view, I believe. Clearly, is not a main priority when developing such an expensive project and I don't blame them...but we all know people will, so I still don't get them (assuming they care, obviously).

• Like 1

amount of times i starved to death since game came out on alpha ? 0 !

also avoid main stupid towns where all sheep go for food.

Try the Experimental servers

Try the Experimental servers

I have starved to death once on exp 0.36, but that was before they added the extra servers (i.e. every server was 50/50), since then I haven't found a problem, I think you probably just got unlucky and were following someone who closed the doors behind them. I have not found any difference in the amount of loot between stable and experimental, nor have I heard anyone else reporting this. Try joining a newly restarted server (server time = 14:00 usually) and hopefully you will see there is just as much loot as stable.

• Like 2

I'm assuming that a lot of you had to get up for work this morning like myself. You weren't quite as miserable when you opened your eyes and then you finally realized why...Day Z update today!

You get your coffee, drive to work and have a little extra pep in your step.

Then you come to these forums and see that there in fact will be no update to stable today or tomorrow for that matter.

You start thinking to yourself, "the developers get to slack off at their job, why can't I"? "No update for 3 weeks and now it gets delayed"?

You have to get back to work, you can't afford to slack off. Unfortunately people haven't already invested millions of dollars in the work that you might be doing when you get around to it.

I bet you'll still be able to glitch in the walls at the airfields after the update as well.

Edited by SniperwolfMR
  • Like 5

I'm assuming that a lot of you had to get up for work this morning like myself. You weren't quite as miserable when you opened your eyes and then you finally realized why...Day Z update today!

Then you come to these forums and see that there in fact will be no update to stable today or tomorrow for that matter.

You start thinking to yourself, "the developers get to slack off at their job, why can't I"? "No update for 3 weeks and now it gets delayed"?

You have to get back to work, you can't afford to slack off. Unfortunately people haven't already invested millions of dollars in the work that you might be doing when you get around to it.

I bet you'll still be able to glitch in the walls at the airfields after the update as well.

u mad bro?

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong, I was just trying to remove a bit of drama from this thread with a joke, as you well know people always goes too hard on these things ;)

That's also why I don't agree with you, knowing how people behave gives clear possibilities for counter measures (if interested in doing so). Its part of their job (my opinion, of course, and just related to this project) keeping people informed and involved, and they could do a lot better on this point of view, I believe. Clearly, is not a main priority when developing such an expensive project and I don't blame them...but we all know people will, so I still don't get them (assuming they care, obviously).

So you're a troll? Hahah, j/k, I figured you might be joking.

I agree in the sense that I would love to see realtime updates, but yeah, they are still a relatively small team and adding a person to their staff [only to keep everyone in the loop] is a sizeable investment, no matter how many alpha copies you sell. I reckon they'll get around to having a public relations department (with community contact) dedicated to keeping everyone updated when we get closer to the actual game release and beta, but they may even do so earlier. It's just not right that the project manager (Dean Hall) has to be further burdened with keeping impatient gamers updated on every turn of events. I've been in betas before and never before have I seen such dedication to keeping people in the loop throughout the development process.

For the time being creds to the hard-working souls gathering and publishing information from the scattered sources - like http://insidedayz.de - check it out.

Edited by Sinnaman
  • Like 1

I have starved to death once on exp 0.36, but that was before they added the extra servers (i.e. every server was 50/50), since then I haven't found a problem, I think you probably just got unlucky and were following someone who closed the doors behind them. I have not found any difference in the amount of loot between stable and experimental, nor have I heard anyone else reporting this. Try joining a newly restarted server (server time = 14:00 usually) and hopefully you will see there is just as much loot as stable.

I sometimes barely notice food sticking out of floors. Maybe it was all hidden. But I also tried surrounding villages and not one piece of food except rotten food was there.

I dunno how much you guys play, but I do alot and the difference between loot on here and stable is huge. Also, sometimes on stable servers, just after the patch is applied I will notice the lack of food in Elektro.

• Like 1

I went to work this morning. The news that the update isn't coming until Friday did not change anything about my day.

I always have fucking pep in my steps.

Friday, as a 9-5er mon-fri, simply means that i'll be excited for 2 things. The weekend AND the update. :)

• Like 5

So you're a troll? Hahah, j/k, I figured you might be joking.

I agree in the sense that I would love to see realtime updates, but yeah, they are still a relatively small team and adding a person to their staff [only to keep everyone in the loop] is a sizeable investment, no matter how many alpha copies you sell. I reckon they'll get around to having a public relations department (with community contact) dedicated to keeping everyone updated when we get closer to the actual game release and beta, but they may even do so earlier. It's just not right that the project manager (Dean Hall) has to be further burdened with keeping impatient gamers updated on every turn of events. I've been in betas before and never before have I seen such dedication to keeping people in the loop throughout the development process.

For the time being creds to the hard-working souls gathering and publishing information from the scattered sources - like http://insidedayz.de - check it out.

Well, they dont have to hire anyone extra for that.. I'm sure it takes them the same amount of time, posting on twitter/tumblr, as it would posting here on the forums...

• Like 1

Well, they dont have to hire anyone extra for that.. I'm sure it takes them the same amount of time, posting on twitter/tumblr, as it would posting here on the forums...

Yes but posting on here is more of an "official" statement, so I can see why it's safer to just post on social media. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to find the info, there's a devtracker right here on this forum for a start...

140 characters isn't going to cover a lot of information - but the information is actually coming out, isn't it? Or is twitter/tumblr not official enough?

Don't forget that they actually DID say that the update wasn't coming today, and Hicks posted 5 (!) tweets between 8:00 and 12:00 CET today. I call that pretty damn frequent updating... Like he doesn't have anything better to do... >:(

Edited by Sinnaman

Posting on social medias could be fine (even if I don't like that at all) as you suggest: but posting more inherent and informative (aka clear) content is what I meant. Without hiring anyone.

Anyway, as devs they do a good job, and for me that's enough: I just don't understand why they can't be clear on Twitter about the news :)

• Like 2

I bet zombies will forever be able to walk through walls, i dont think the team have the skills to fix this one

Another 8 dead noobs/bots... :ph34r:

Please buy a fucking simple and cheapest microphone and press the "CapsLock" (Default) button during your conversations or press "/" for Direct Сhat and type that u a friednly.

And check your audio settings in game (VOIP/Master volume).

Or you'll always die. Maybe they didn`t know about this?

Tha'ts "very" relevant to the patch notes  :rolleyes: .

Btw if they started running after hearing russian accent, then it's rather normal reaction  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Btw if they started running after hearing russian accent, then it's rather normal reaction  :thumbsup:

Nice humor man! :D

Now I know.

* sorry for offtopic

I bet zombies will forever be able to walk through walls, i dont think the team have the skills to fix this one

obvious troll, called it first so i get to keep him! you're my wife now, warhousetv, but i'm going to call you dave.

• Like 5

Dev team are doing great job they delayed it to fix the game for us its disgraceful how some people react.

• Like 2

Dev team are doing great job they delayed it to fix the game for us its disgraceful how some people react.

Completely agree. Better having those "issues" fixed and get the game more stable.

People are not "disgraceful" because of the delay itself.

I would wait another two weeks (and longer) if it was necessary.

People are grumbling because of the communication.

The Dayz Devblog still says that there is an update today (even though it's not). We (or I) are just saying it would be nice if we would be informed on what is going on on a slightly more regular basis.

• Like 5

People are not "disgraceful" because of the delay itself.

I would wait another two weeks (and longer) if it was necessary.

People are grumbling because of the communication.

The Dayz Devblog still says that there is an update today (even though it's not). We (or I) are just saying it would be nice if we would be informed on what is going on on a slightly more regular basis.

Caring about miscommunication is very un-Dude. The Dude abides.

• Like 3

Me and bears have nothing to do with eachother.

Edited by Gugolas
  • Like 1

Sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes the bear eats you.

btw nice avatar :) up the irons ^^

Yeah because in the game development process there are never last minute bugs that cause delays.  :rolleyes:  Not releasing to stable != slacking off. Come on man. Have you ever worked on any large scale project?

Would you have preferred a repeat of the last time a version was pushed to stable when it wasn't ready?

A valid point that I'd actually accept as not whining would be saying that the DEV's communication with the community hasn't been phenomenal. But seriously - don't let this ruin the "pep in your step".

As a side note, it appears an update to experimental is still possible today (though don't let extra pep in your step get too big)  ;)

https://twitter.com/Hicks_206/

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 3