rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.42.116002

The Problem is with the way this was communicated. I never read a Dev saying: "No Patch today. Because... Also Update (or not) to experimental with following changes....." Thats what would calm people down, clear communication get it?

Also this is extra dissapointing because we are used to the Devs being all transparent about things.

tbh, the problem only exist in your head.

There is no real problem, neither the dev owe us an explaination why the patch wasn't applied nore they need to give us a new ETA on exp. - their workin today like 6h and still have some left, if they feel ready to announce something they'll do - that's the way.

hicks did clear annoucements, early the day and later the day, no reason to shirtstorm.

stop claiming for something you don't got pretence on, beein on tenterhooks is the wrong way.

rule off and wait for friday/new annoucements, play a round and have fun.

And still no statement WHAT, or rather if they changed something on experimental today.

if there's no statement about something, assume that nothing has changed. thats how 95% of the world operates, dev's daily business is to develope a game not babysitting us by pushin tweets every 20 minutes about current builds.

Edited by Guest

I don't care if they delay the update, but I'm more afraid with the fact that it will be released on friday. If the new patch has as much problems as the last one, we won't be able to play during the whole week-end.

The DayZ Dev Team has 2 Problems, which they underestimate:

1. Many players bought their first "early access" game. They feel like they had contributed to a kickstarter project.

Thats why they want more detailed Informations, but if you want to stay informed about the latest dayz news you need to follow 20 twitter accounts, 3 forums and one dev blog (even if you read all this you wont get informed very well.

2. They still got no warnings for online players, when they start the updates. Thats why every week more guys loose their chars. This will be especially a problem, if they will do the next update friday 17:00, when many players are online and many players will loose the chars.

• Like 3

I already said it 50 times, the communication is ... "not very good".

The "official" Devblog says there will be an update to stable today so for now I'll just chill and wait for it to happen.

It's an alpha, so it's not a problem if they delay it until friday, would just be nice to know what's goign on. ~.~

• Like 1

There is only one official website and updates are clearly announced, so if they lose their character because they were online during the update, that's their problem.

And no there will be NO UPDATE TODAY. They also made it clear.

Edited by Karakoz

I swop between the two builds on a daily basis so I can not verify myself.

I have just asked the Devs, the experimental has not gone live and has not been updated at this time.

Please excuse my previous post as it may have been misleading.

Thanks for the clarification Bone and asking the Devs for an update.  

There was no need for clarification. They said that they would update to 0.37 today during scheduled maintenance. Scheduled maintenance is complete. Have you seen an update? If they say that they will update to 0.37 on friday, every person with a litte common sense would have understood that there will be NO 0.37 today.

Edited by Karakoz

The Problem is with the way this was communicated. I never read a Dev saying: "No Patch today. Because... Also Update (or not) to experimental with following changes....." Thats what would calm people down, clear communication get it?

Also this is extra dissapointing because we are used to the Devs being all transparent about things.

Sadly the Devs have to be incredibly careful what they say or don't say because lets just say they typical community response is something less than measured.  

Secondly, they may not fully understand what went wrong with the attempted updates today, so they don't really have anything else to tell us other than things didn't go as planned.  If they are still diagnosing the problem I wouldn't expect or want them to update with partial or incomplete information.  

• Like 1

if there's no statement about something, assume that nothing has changed. thats how 95% of the world operates, dev's daily business is to develope a game not babysitting us by pushin tweets every 20 minutes about current builds.

Totally right.

But I mean that it's unclear to me when they first say Stable and Experimental will be updated today, then declare that Stable shall be on Friday and don't add something about new stuff on exp.

Some information what's going on til Friday would be great.

But we can expect a new Experimental Update today ?! :D I am so confused. 

why whould you make an update on friday. what if something goes wrong. is there no weekend for the dayz staff?

• Like 1

Whats on experiental and did u guys have to dl update for it?

Not yet. 

I've been on plenty gaming forums, been in plenty of gaming communities, and have been a developer myself. When a developer posts a very... very vague tweet and/or post on the forums about the game not being updated, 95% of the time they ran into an unexpected problem and are currently troubleshooting it. So rather than getting panties in a knot about not being able to play the new update and raging all over the forums, take a chill pill, relax, and go do something else.

Honestly, it's better to be safe and not receive a new patch than to receive a new patch and have an unplayable game until the developers can hot-fix it. So from the sounds of it, they've learned from their last patch mishap and want to ensure that it doesn't happen again.

• Like 3

Not yet as in still updating ir no update?

Exp. Server are still on [0.37.115791]. 

tbh, the public relationwork is great but in some way i have to agree - it's not focused right - sooner or later we get a community manager in here, takin care of that, until that -> follow tweets all the day.

and yes, for the casual player it's hard to figure out when/what gonna happen, i totally agree...BUT...and that might offend some of you, the current stage of the game isn't for the generic casual player. the expecation in here are way to high.

Lets see the next days what is showing up next.

Blue Balled!

Keep on rollin rollin rollin, Keep the ballers trollin.

and which official website is that?

tumblr. reddit? twitter? these forums?

Its obvious they have multiple sources of communication with us, from multiple devs, which leads to speculation and confusion.

I would hope these forums are the main source of news from the devs to us..but clearly its not.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/forum/76-announcements-information/

There is only one official website and updates are clearly announced, so if they lose their character because they were online during the update, that's their problem.

And no there will be NO UPDATE TODAY. They also made it clear.