rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.42.116002

and which official website is that?

tumblr. reddit? twitter? these forums?

Its obvious they have multiple sources of communication with us, from multiple devs, which leads to speculation and confusion.

Japp.

This confusion is bothering me of since my 3rd day here. :D

For everyone that want's up to date information without checking DevTracker, 10 Twitter-Accounts, the Devblog, several forum threads, Reddit and Facebook, I can only repeat: Visit our blog InsideDayZ from time to time.

We try to do what the Devteam is not doing: Collecting and summarizing useful information from all the different sources.

• Like 1

and which official website is that?

tumblr. reddit? twitter? these forums?

Its obvious they have multiple sources of communication with us, from multiple devs, which leads to speculation and confusion.

I would hope these forums are the main source of news from the devs to us..but clearly its not.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/forum/76-announcements-information/

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/forum/131-devtracker/

For update/patch related affairs, Brian Hicks is the first and probably latest source:

https://twitter.com/Hicks_206

Edited by Guest

I'm perfectly ok with no patch today, even if they said it would be today. If they ran into an issue, I'm glad they didn't pull an EA games on us, and decided it wasnt yet ready for stable branch.

I would like to also voice my concern about how information is passed to us by the development team. I don't understand why information isn't first posted here ( on the official DayZ forums ), but on devs' twitter/facebook/tumblr etc? Don't get me wrong, I'm not having difficulties finding information and news, with some mad google skillz, but I would like information about the game first showing up here, instead of having to go to several social media pages..

Anyways, lets hope we'll be able to play the new patch upcoming weekend, with no major issues. I hope the devs won't push to stable friday if they still feel it's not ready yet. Better safe than sorry, even if the majority of people complain about another delay. I wonder what they'd rather have: a new patch but major issues, or a stable ( for me its awesome, apart from falling off ladders ) game, and a patch later..

Update today or not? Straight answer, no "you are entitled" "calm down" replies.

Update today or not? Straight answer, no "you are entitled" "calm down" replies.

There was no full update to either branch.  Maintenance only.  Update 37 will roll to Stable on Friday at 17:00 GMT

For everyone complaining that there isn't an update for the stable branch today... Why not just play on the experimental branch? Its pretty easy to do and takes a whole five minutes to switch between branches.

• Like 1

if I move to experimental'll lose the progress of my character?

Experimental and stable has different hives, your character on stable won't be affected.

• Like 2

No you will not lose them.  Experimental has separate character data.  If you want to go back to Stable you opt-out of the experimental, which will initiate a file update, then you can play previous characters on Stable.  

• Like 1

No. I think you can have 4 chars. Stable: 1 regular 1 hardcore. Experimental: 1 regular 1 hardcore. 

Edited by MagnuZ
  • Like 1

Please stop the stupid replies. There is NO UPDATE TODAY, no experimental update, no stable update. The scheduled maintenance is COMPLETE. You have an official website http://dayzgame.com/ and all the updates have always been announced on the TWITTER account and displayed on http://dayzgame.com/. Just read it and stop asking if there will be something today.

Experimental servers have very low loot. You can starve to death easily and good luck trying to get a berry or two from bushes. This morning, low populated server with 90 percent doors closed in  ELEKTro and I have found zero food, no cans no shit, just rotten fruit. So, I've been in almost all buildings  first and I died of hunger, well am starving, not officially dead yet.

Edited by Highlander007

Hicks posted 2 tweets that contradict each other.

They clearly ran into a problem trying to update Stable.  Either there was no substantive update planned for Experimental or they had to roll it back due to the problems with v37 on Stable. 

the link you posted to the official site has conflicting information about the update and maintenance, hence the confusion in the community.

Don't get me wrong, they are doing a great job with the updates and faster than anyone can hope.

Just communication could be better, that would be resolved if they posted and maintained one location, I don't think twitter should be that method, but that's my opinion.

If your saying there is no problem with they way they are currently communicating, you are delusional.

Please stop the stupid replies. There is NO UPDATE TODAY, no experimental update, no stable update. The scheduled maintenance is COMPLETE. You have an official website http://dayzgame.com/ and all the updates have always been announced on the TWITTER account and displayed on http://dayzgame.com/. Just read it and stop asking if there will be something today.

• Like 3

...soooooo you're saying there is no update?

edit: sorry, just had to lol  :D

Edited by twinturbonet

The only thing i dont understand is why the hell they have to feed all the bullshiters on forum like that, instead of just posting something like: " Ok people, we've run into a few problems with today's update for the stable, and we are working on that. Dont worry, the patch should be coming out in a couple of days with all corrections made". Done, simple. And btw, its our money we are talking about here, we invested in your alpha because we love your game, so cut the crap and tell us the real deal.

Edited by XibaRootS
  • Like 4

Clearly there is no update....  it states this on the website

Weekly Report: Starting our focus on Survival

When is the next update on stable?

0.37 will be deployed to Stable during scheduled maintenance on Wednesday, 5 March 2014 GMT. Changelog will be distributed at that time.

OH WAIT, that's today.

• Like 3

Experimental servers have very low loot. You can starve to death easily and good luck trying to get a berry or two from bushes. This morning, low populated server with 90 percent doors closed in  ELEKTro and I have found zero food, no cans no shit, just rotten fruit. So, I've been in almost all buildings  first and I died of hunger, well am starving, not officially dead yet.

You have to find the right time. I played yesterday and in less than 2 hours I managed to find plenty of food, a FNX, a magnum, a SKS, ammo, helmet, a bag, a Mosin with a few ammo.

Clearly there is no update....  it states this on the website

Weekly Report: Starting our focus on Survival

When is the next update on stable?

0.37 will be deployed to Stable during scheduled maintenance on Wednesday, 5 March 2014 GMT. Changelog will be distributed at that time.

OH WAIT, that's today.

OMG!!! OMG!!! Stop that now. Are you not able to read the twitter column on the right???

Edited by Karakoz

"At 1700GMT friday we will initiate an unscheduled maintenance period to update DayZ with 0.37. The maintenance period for today is complete" https://twitter.com/dayzdevteam

Experimental servers have very low loot.

I would like to see _less_ food and stuff spawning, it's way too easy now. At least when hunting, diseases etc kicks in I hope to see raiding houses and cities as the last option...

Edited by Kuikka

I agree. Experimental servers are funny to play because every item you find becomes important, while regular servers spawn too much loot because of server restart. But that should be better once item respawn system is implemented.

You have to find the right time. I played yesterday and in less than 2 hours I managed to find plenty of food, a FNX, a magnum, a SKS, ammo, helmet, a bag, a Mosin with a few ammo.

What do you mean 'right time'? Doors were closed, nobody was in there before me, almost all of Elektro was intact before I tried to find at least one can of food or something. I wasn't even looking for weapons

amount of times i starved to death since game came out on alpha ? 0 !

also avoid main stupid towns where all sheep go for food.

Edited by dgeesio