rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.42.116002

Well we've waited 2 weeks or 3 right? 

We can wait 2 days right guys ;)

Well we've waited 2 weeks or 3 right? 

We can wait 2 days right guys ;)

Correct.

But I'm still suprised - he announcend a few hours ago (again), that it's coming today and later then, that they push the update on friday.

I would like to know the reason for the delay.. :/

• Like 1

Hm does it mean - today new exp patch and friday the stable 0.37?

Why cant the Devs just clarify whats going on? Hicks Twitter Post was bound to create a shitstorm, give us details why u missed the given date for the new patch, also try communicating a little clearer, like saying: "Sorry guys no Patch today..."

Sometimes it can be as simple as that to avoid a shitstorm, people have been waiting for this overdue update to stable so of course they are gonna freak out if they are not given clear information. I know this is alpha, and i know obstacles can appear, but u gotta communicate whats happening on your end.

Edited by Ronny Rotten
  • Like 2

Damnit, i've waited all night to be able to attack with canopener...

Edited by Hiekkamestari
  • Like 1

Those of you that get all fired up when something doesn't happen right now. Why dont you just play on experimental branch? There's like 50 servers and half of them are empty. New stuff, new buildings, more dangerous zombies etc. All that is like few clicks away. But then again. Maybe it's just more fun to moan at the forums. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Calm down people.

Experimental has been updated, no doubt to ensure a better roll out to Stable branch.

If you want to help then download the Experimental beta, get in there and stress the test.

EDIT : de-derped.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/177017-pending-changelog-experimental-branch-037115791/page-27?p=1831348#entry1831348

Calm down people.

Experimental has been updated, no doubt to ensure a better roll out to Stable branch.

If you want to help then download the Experimental beta, get in there and stress the test.

Is there a changelog for Experimental's update from today?  Or should we just continue testing based on changes made in the past couple of weeks?

Edited by iBane

last patch released on a Friday completely borked the game for me, & yet here's another 5pm Friday patch? why not just leave it until the following Wednesday? so people can at least play over the weekend in case there is a serious problem with build unlike last time.

Calm down people.

PATCH OR RIOT! They said patch will be live today. 

• Like 1

Calm down people.

So why dont the devs just confirm this already? Is there a changelog? In fact has experimental really been updated? What happend with the Patch scheducled for stable today? A little more Information is all i ask...  then of course i will calm down ^^

Edited by Ronny Rotten
  • Like 1

"At 1700GMT friday we will initiate an unscheduled maintenance period to update DayZ with 0.37. The maintenance period for today is complete" Said DayZDevTeam on Twitter.

So why dont the devs just confirm this already? Is there a changelog? In fact has experimental really been updated? What happend with the Patch scheducled for stable today? A little more Information is all i ask...  then of course i will calm down ^^

Hicks notified Experimental was being updated via twitter earlier today.  He then notified via twitter that the Stable was being updated an hour or two later, which suggests Experimental was updated successfully, but then something went wrong with the update to Stable.  Not much more info than that at the moment.  

You can see the time stamps and twitter links in the Dev Tracker thread.  

Edited by iBane

"At 1700GMT friday we will initiate an unscheduled maintenance period to update DayZ with 0.37. The maintenance period for today is complete" Said DayZDevTeam on Twitter.

:facepalm:

Edited by qliqQLAQ

Hicks notified Experimental was being updated via twitter earlier today.  He then notified via twitter that the Stable was being updated an hour or two later, which suggests Experimental was updated successfully, but then something went wrong with the update to Stable.  Not much more info than that at the moment.  

You can see the time stamps and twitter links in the Dev Tracker thread.  

Yea i kind of got that, my point is just that this wasnt a very clear kind of communicating that there wont be an update to stable today. Like in saying: "No Update today." This kind of communication is what creates Shitstorms. 

Also havent heard anything from devs about experimental since Hicks posted on Twitter about him preparing the stuff for experimental, also that was before he kinda said there wouldnt be stable update today.

Edited by Ronny Rotten

well if the devs could spell out in clear sentences what was happening players would not be confused. so are we getting a patch today or not? And moderators telling people to calm down is irritating considering the confusion could be avoided if the developers were talking clearly

Edited by alleycat
  • Like 4

well if the devs could spell out in clear sentences what was happening players would not be confused. so are we getting a patch today or not?

EXACTLY THIS!

• Like 1

NO, FFS LEARN READ.

Serious, get ur pants together and start reading what's announced - they said early it will come today and before 1h they reclaimed that, whats the problem?!

Edited by Guest

If the devs don't want the community to think that they're shitting us, they better said "sorry, problemz, needs work, not 2day" instead of "Screw everything we wrote 2 hours ago, Friday it is. Because that's how we roll".

And still no statement WHAT, or rather if they changed something on experimental today. 

Dear Devs, don't be so quiet, you're not RockstarGames. We paid to be INVOLVED in your work.

Edited by crazzekiff
  • Like 6

I swop between the two builds on a daily basis so I can not verify myself.

I have just asked the Devs, the experimental has not gone live and has not been updated at this time.

Please excuse my previous post as it may have been misleading.

• Like 2

The Problem is with the way this was communicated. I never read a Dev saying: "No Patch today. Because... Also Update (or not) to experimental with following changes....." Thats what would calm people down, clear communication get it?

Also this is extra dissapointing because we are used to the Devs being all transparent about things.

Edited by Ronny Rotten
  • Like 1

What the fuck guys, i dont get this shitstorm at all! Did you ever played other (online-)Computergames? I had WAAAAAAAAAAY worse experences with other games in case of server maintenances and patches. I remember server beeing down for couple of days, fucked up patches and so on (i refer on games like world of warcraft with way more money involved plus they werent in alpha stage no more).
I really like how the development of this game is going, keep it up!
And for those of you who want more information, i really get that, just be patience

(Please forgive me any mistakes i may have made, im not a native english speaker :))