rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.42.116002

New village - "Black Polyana" ~ 3700 objects. from _SenChi_ today

• Like 2

For the last too pages people were bitching about Rust and about people bitching about update not being ready. As far as I saw, only one other person was wondering about whether stable will appear today and no clear answer was given.

There is no "clear" answer to when bugs can be fixed , it's all about what the bug entails and simple fact is the dayz team doesn't all work on bugs , considering this is a pre-alpha game any right minded person would assume that there are other things to work on than bugs (like progress c'mon people ) some work on bugs and most work on the future of the game.

Please everybody complaining , either get the premise of a pre-alpha game or get out (and please don't use dayz's long wait for alpha as an excuse as to why devs should be moving faster ).

You've all paid for the game and beforehand were warned how it will go down ,bugs and slow progress and all , so if you don't like the progress , go outside get some exercise (or to the gym if you got 2 ft of snow like me ) and come back to the game in a month.

Please don't put heart attacks....I play alone and so how am I suppose to get someone to revive me? <_<

• Like 2

im 100% sure that 0.42 will have the cooking/hunting system implemented.

hope i can test it today :)

btw gj DayZ Staff!!! keep up the good work.

Edited by ryzoh
  • Like 1

Please don't put heart attacks....I play alone and so how am I suppose to get someone to revive me? <_<

Then dont get one.

Its just like people complaining that broken legs do nothing for gameplay and are just annoying. Yes it is annoying when it happens and thats why you try to not even get into the bad situation and be careful.

YOU PAID MONEY U HAVE RIGHTS...

Uhhh... where does it say that? As a matter of fact, by clicking the whole "I understand" when you start the game pretty much waives your rights right off the bat... Also, for those that haven't read a Steam Subscriber Agreement (SSA), you have ZERO rights... thanks to all of those that just downright didn't give a sh*t about what a EULA or SSA actually said and just click "I agree" regardless of the fact that Valve just took all your rights from you. :)

So... TL;DR: You have no rights.

Edited by sniperdoc
  • Like 4

People need to understand the concept of force majeure. When things out of your hands stop you from upholding an agreement it's called force majeure.

Like if you're late to a meeting because the bus was late even though you were at the bus stop on time, that's force majeure.

If you're late to that same meeting because you were playing DayZ instead of getting ready to go to the meeting then it's not force majeure.

If you have insurance there is often crazy force majeure clauses in the contract, where stuff like meteors destroying earth and a third world war will not give you insurance money if your car was scratched. Often a good read. Check it out if you haven't already.  ;)

What do you mean 'right time'? Doors were closed, nobody was in there before me, almost all of Elektro was intact before I tried to find at least one can of food or something. I wasn't even looking for weapons

I close the doors when I go someplace; I don't leave them open for someone else to just run by thinking the building's already been looted.

Edited by entspeak

I close the doors when I go someplace; I don't leave them open for someone else to just run by thinking the building's already been looted.

You close the door behind you once you're done with looting the building?

There is no "clear" answer to when bugs can be fixed , it's all about what the bug entails and simple fact is the dayz team doesn't all work on bugs , considering this is a pre-alpha game any right minded person would assume that there are other things to work on than bugs (like progress c'mon people ) some work on bugs and most work on the future of the game.

Please everybody complaining , either get the premise of a pre-alpha game or get out (and please don't use dayz's long wait for alpha as an excuse as to why devs should be moving faster ).

You've all paid for the game and beforehand were warned how it will go down ,bugs and slow progress and all , so if you don't like the progress , go outside get some exercise (or to the gym if you got 2 ft of snow like me ) and come back to the game in a month.

You got your facts not straight dou. It's a fully playable alpha, not a 'pre-alpha'

So if I'm right, people are bitching because Stable was pushed back a bit, even though if it was released; people would be bitching because there was a bug found?

You people are very hard to please.

They suffer from the instant gratification with summer winter effect complex. even when one gets what they want it still isn't good enough. Just like the Summer and Winter cycles. It' is a prominent affliction here in the United States of America, a disease being spread amongst the world like the Zed virus.

You close the door behind you once you're done with looting the building?

Yep.  I do.  And, I close doors to rooms when I leave them.

Edited by entspeak
  • Like 1

Uhhh... where does it say that? As a matter of fact, by clicking the whole "I understand" when you start the game pretty much waives your rights right off the bat... Also, for those that haven't read a Steam Subscriber Agreement (SSA), you have ZERO rights... thanks to all of those that just downright didn't give a sh*t about what a EULA or SSA actually said and just click "I agree" regardless of the fact that Valve just took all your rights from you. :)

So... TL;DR: You have no rights.

This is incorrect, most EULA(s) will not hold up in court and publishers know this, its a scare tactic for the most part. In fact, some states have laws in place to which immediately void agreements such as this, specifically for scenarios such as this

In short, if I'm a publisher and I force you to agree to not bring me to public court regardless of circumstance, in order to play my game, you could agree and easily bring my to public court. Of course, there is more to it than this, but you get the idea.

Yep.  I do.  And, I close doors to rooms when I leave them.

What's the point of that again?

OCD?

Edited by Highlander007

Didn't your parents teach you to close doors behind you?

Jokes aside, the point would be to not alert someone to your presence in an area you're looting. When I see open doors I'm immediately more cautious.

Edited by Strawman
  • Like 3

Jokes aside, the point would be to not alert someone to your presence in an area you're looting. When I see open doors I'm immediately more cautious.

Servers restart every 4 hours. Players can travel a whole map under an hour. Why would you assume someone's there just because doors are open ??

Edited by Highlander007

Edit: Accidental post. Replied to an old comment, it's irrelevant now.

Edited by solodude23

OCD?

More importantly to me, it slows them down.  They will be busy looting the buildings I've already looted rather than simply running by them.  Other players wasting time searching looted buildings = more time for me to loot unsearched ones.  Because what do players do when they come across a building with closed doors?  They search it.

It also makes it easier for me to leave town unnoticed... because while they're busy searching buildings for loot, they aren't looking for me.

Edited by entspeak
  • Like 1

Servers restart every 4 hours. Players can travel a whole map under an hour. Why would you assume someone's there just because doors are open ??

It's still somewhat of an indication of the possible presence of another survivor, especially when you've looted half a town then you notice the other half of town is unlooted. This becomes more and more useful the further you are away from the east coast.

Plus people are less likely to look around for survivors when entering a city if they see all the doors are closed. Once they see that, it's much safer to assume there's no one there and they head in to loot.

I close doors behind me quite often, but it depends on other factors too,

Edited by solodude23

It also slows them down.  They will be busy looting the buildings you've already looted rather than simply running by them.  Other players wasting time searching looted buildings = more time for me to loot unsearched ones.

It also makes it easier for me to leave town unnoticed... because while they're busy searching buildings for loot, they aren't looking for me.

You forgot to factor in the time it takes you to turn around after each exit to close the door. The time it leaves your back open to the street. Actually , now that we talk about this  I remember I shot a guy once who was closing the door behind him in Berezino. Hate to admit it, but you guys might be right here...