RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

I can't see you reporting it via the official and most effective channels (ie: Feedback Tracker)

Coming on the Forum trying to start a flame-war accusing us of trying to hide these things away isn't going to help your cause if you're not even reporting it appropriately.

I understand that you have something to gripe about, which is understandable.

There was a mistake when Topics were merged into this Topic, I can only offer my apologies in this case.

We do not merge all hacking Topics with the intention to hide or ignore the situation.

They are streamlined (merged) so that we can concentrate and focalise info and feedback.

There is no use whatsoever in having multiple hack Topics (or This Game Is Bull**** rant threads for that matter ) all over the place !

Some of your (and other members) assumptions/opinions concerning BI / BE and their direction are absurd and lacking in foundation.

Please take any further comments regarding hacks/hacking and hackers, that can be used in a constructive manner to the dedicated Topic.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/168635-whats-the-current-hacking-status-like-in-dayzsa/

If you have nothing of worth to submit then please refrain from any comment.

I was directed to this thread by you.. Now you're telling me to go to the feedback tracker? 

Once I get to the feedback tracker, will I be told to go complain to battleye?

Edit: Sorry, I was told to come here by boneboys.. My bad.

Edited by Etherimp

LMAO....so  the antihacks for horticulture are in...that's impressive considering they haven't completed the coding for it. What that be message means is that the BE client can identify an unauthorised action on the server and take action....nothing more. It could mean there is only one un authorised action so far.....but because BE can detect and act on it that means it gets a tick for alpha....that's all they need....a YES BE can identify and communicate properly with the server.

That DOES NOT mean every antihack check is in, it is very much still a work in progress. Maybe this is the problem....you think just because that message pops up its a complete set of scripts....its not....otherwise a teleport or ESP hack would be detected instantly. Like everything else in alpha its a prototype.

"maybe in a year and a half from now when the game is ready to go gold".....you really haven't paid attention to anything have you....be honest. So by that math it will "go gold" 2 months after it comes out? Remember 16months left in development! December 2015 is when it will be finished. Its when we near that date that we need a robust antihack package to cover every feature and exploit that the next 10-14 months will bring.

I may not have given evidence that you should have faith....but that's the definition of faith....belief without evidence. What EVIDENCE do you have that they aren't just following a proper development cycle and adding the antihacks at the end, when all the things that can be hacked are in game??

• Like 1

I was directed to this thread by you.. Now you're telling me to go to the feedback tracker? 

Once I get to the feedback tracker, will I be told to go complain to battleye?

I did not say that this is the wrong place to go to. The more places you report these issues, the more likely it is to be heard.

Equally this place as well as the Feedback Tracker are a good place to start and go from there. There is no need for an overtone.

I was assured that it's being looked into by BI-Devs if you're posting important information on the Feedback-Tracker with Videos and Screenshots. Just make sure you're passing on as much information as possible.

Edited by kichilron

LMAO....so  the antihacks for horticulture are in...that's impressive considering they haven't completed the coding for it. What that be message means is that the BE client can identify an unauthorised action on the server and take action....nothing more. It could mean there is only one un authorised action so far.....but because BE can detect and act on it that means it gets a tick for alpha....that's all they need....a YES BE can identify and communicate properly with the server.

That DOES NOT mean every antihack check is in, it is very much still a work in progress. Maybe this is the problem....you think just because that message pops up its a complete set of scripts....its not....otherwise a teleport or ESP hack would be detected instantly. Like everything else in alpha its a prototype.

"maybe in a year and a half from now when the game is ready to go gold".....you really haven't paid attention to anything have you....be honest. So by that math it will "go gold" 2 months after it comes out? Remember 16months left in development! December 2015 is when it will be finished. Its when we near that date that we need a robust antihack package to cover every feature and exploit that the next 10-14 months will bring.

I may not have given evidence that you should have faith....but that's the definition of faith....belief without evidence. What EVIDENCE do you have that they aren't just following a proper development cycle and adding the antihacks at the end, when all the things that can be hacked are in game??

BE is not run by Bohemia... It's a completely separate entity. Furthermore, as far as I understand, BE only checks scripts/pbo's, etc. It does not protect vs all hacks.

VAC is not run by Bohemia, and it protects vs other hacks.. I'm sure there is probably some crossover between BE and VAC in what they protect.

Neither have anything to do with Bohemia's development cycle. Hacks are third party programs.. they do not care where DayZ SA is in the development cycle and neither does BE/VAC.

I did not say that this is the wrong place to go to. The more places you report these issues, the more likely it is to be heard.

Equally this place as well as the Feedback Tracker are a good place to start and go from there. There is no need for an overtone.

I was assured that it's being looked into by BI-Devs if you're posting important information on the Feedback-Tracker with Videos and Screenshots. Just make sure you're passing on as much information as possible.

When you say "Feedback tracker" are you referring to the BUG tracker?

google influenza virus.

google antibodies and immune system.

google immunisation.

This is the eternal struggle analogous to hackers v security.  Evidence is not necessary.  Logic and comprehension is.

• Like 1

When you say "Feedback tracker" are you referring to the BUG tracker?

Even though the link here on the Forum says "Bug Report" its actual name is Feedback tracker, as declared by its header as well as the URL:

feedback.dayzgame.com

Yes they are 3rd party software

However they have everything to do with BI's dev cycle as you cannot code an antihack before you have the feature coded....ergo best to have features complete then code the antihacks for them. If they write them now a new feature may create an exploit that could have been handled by a blanket script....but they then have to write a new one for the new exploit. That's time consuming, and will result in missed checks as scripts back up and a plethora of other issues, many to do with performance.

The hacks can only exist with the current code....same for the antihacks. What you want is every time the code changes the antihacks to be rewritten/written. That takes time, that costs money (as you point out they are 3rd party so will want paying). Also as you point out they made millions....so what....lets waste all those funds writing a new antihack package every update and have no engine upgrades, no new navmesh, no new items ect ect. Because the need  the cash to keep antihack up to date.

Or can we be patient, realise that its something best left till the end, and enjoy watching features drop in. Knowing that towards the end we wil get a great antihack package covering every base so to speak. I don't want quick fixes leading to sloppy scripts and missed checks. Im more than happy to wait and have a great smooth antihack package delivered when it matters, not when its going to cause more hold ups and loss of funds.

Just to note:

anti-teleport was implemented in the Mod, so it is not impossible to paste a solution from inside .. at least for that. The same solution from the Mod will work in SA.

The hack packages for sale - at a number of wellknown places around the web - well, BI certainly know how those packages function

Obviously BI is working to take out the standard hacks one by one, by importance and by method of entry

This was a main reason to put the Alpha out to early access, it was known from the start that there would be a fight

If it's going to be a fight, it will be win or loose

either the game will remain playable or it shall be overwhelmed

BI have a hell of a lot of goodwill in the player base

.. looks like this is the hour before the storm.; or the storm is here..

In the post above, Karmaterror says "wait"

hmm .. not my decision to make .. an upfront home-based proactive dedicated BI anti-hack team ?

CIA, SAS, Men in Black  ??

xx

Edited by pilgrim

Just to note:

anti-teleport was implemented in the Mod, so it is not impossible to paste a solution from inside .. at least for that. The same solution from the Mod will work in SA.

The hack packages for sale - at a number of wellknown places around the web - well, BI certainly know how those packages function

Obviously BI is working to take out the standard hacks one by one, by importance and by method of entry

This was a main reason to put the Alpha out to early access, it was known from the start that there would be a fight

If it's going to be a fight, it will be win or loose

either the game will remain playable or it shall be overwhelmed

BI have a hell of a lot of goodwill in the player base

.. looks like this is the hour before the storm.; or the storm is here..

xx

That's basically what I have been saying... The storm is coming, and BI better baton down the hatches and start doing something about it, or the community will be overwhelmed. Right now, the hacking is rampant.. and it's escalating. It's getting worse, not better. 

Karma, as much as I'd love to believe that everything will be okay in the end, I just don't share your enthusiasm.. I am a very patient and rational person, but I can only tolerate so much of someone cheating to ruin my enjoyment of a game. I've already put up (and continue to put up with) buggy game-play.. I can handle that. I can handle the dupers and wall glitchers.. I can handle the character resets and the crashes.. I can handle that stuff because it's EXPECTED in the Alpha... I expected cheaters, too.. but I also expected BI/BE/VAC to keep the cheating to a minimum by doing regular ban waves and by keeping their Anti-hack software up to date to detect and punish the latest cheats. 

The source code being stolen was a set back.. I understand this. 

Whether what you say is true or not, Karma, it does not change the reality - Players will get fed up with dealing with hackers and they will either resort to hacking themselves, quit the game, or be miserable for months on end.. And keep in mind, MOST players in this game are NOT hardcore fans who post on these forums or play 2-5 hours every day.

MOST people log in for 20 minutes, maybe an hour or two.. maybe a few days a week.. They don't check the forums, they don't make youtube videos, they don't post bug reports.. All they see is people doing things they cannot, and they will get frustrated, say to themselves "this is bullshit", and they will close the game and many of them may never open it back up again because the game will forever be remembered as a "bad experience".

The more rampant hacking is, the more often that scenario happens, the more fans/players this community loses.. If I, as a hardcore fan and long-time player of this game am getting fed up, frustrated, and impatient with the current status of the game, then the average casual player is already LONG gone... 

This is why this issue is so critical, and while I do not expect cheating to be 100% "solved" in the next month, or two, or 6, or 12.. I expect BI, BE, and VAC to take the necessary steps required to ensure that this game does not become a cesspool of hackers, dupers, and glitchers - Which is currently what it is.

• Like 3

If you have nothing of worth to submit then please refrain from any comment.

Posts migrated.

Your continuing ranting has no worth.

• Like 1

I do not expect cheating to be 100% "solved" in the next month, or two, or 6, or 12..

Exactly!

Thanks for the vids, we'll have a look at it.

• Like 1

Ok I'm signing in on this one and only occasion to specifically complain about the experience I just had in DayZ which perfectly sums up why I gave up playing DayZ 3 months ago:

Downloaded, fully updated: Ready to go.

Logged in, run into two mute sociopaths who both try to kill me with axes (and fail) I carry on my merry way.

Five minutes in: What sounds like a teenager speaking bad English comes round a corner in Svetlojarsk pointing a gun at me telling me to stand still. I refuse and he misses repeatedly. I run into a hospital to hide, he pops out of nowhere in front of me. I escape (again, thank God he's a bad shot).

I run outside of the hospital in Svet, and what a surprise, there's another guy who looks exactly like him waiting outside for me despite the fact that he was behind me in the hospital. Must be an associate of his I suppose, he shoots me in the arm but I escape (again).

I hide in a hut, bandage up. POP. There he is again right in front of me. Misses again (told you he was a bad shot). I run away again, running into the trees, WHAT A SURPRISE THERE HE IS AGAIN RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. Well I'm about to just give up at this point and quit when all of a sudden...

He levitates about 200 metres in the air and appears to fly away like in the Matrix, Neo style. Will wonders never cease. At least he's gone right?

NOPE he's right behind me again and shoots me square in the head. 

The End.

Great story right? Doesn't this sound like fun? I can only imagine what it must feel like to spend hours crawling through hedges avoiding sniper fire and being stealthy only to be brutally murdered by Neo from the Matrix before he literally levitates away into the great beyond. What is the point of DayZ? This game is being straight up kicked off my hard drive until this is fixed, which I expect to be in the next decade - give or take 5-10 years. Because this is just a slap in the face, especially when you read the patch notes and all they've changed is "oooh new cow animations! Thank God for that, I really had my suspicions about DayZ and whether the devs would really get a handle on this game or not, but now that the new Cow Animations are here I think we can brush over the rougher edges of this game.

/Rant off.

• Like 1

Explain yourself !

I've read that in the steam forums, it seems BE is banning players abusing exploits and duplicating items.

Seems a bit shady at best, its an exploit that the devs should fix if they wanted people to stop abusing them. Its not a hack or a security leak.

Thats why I am asking.

• Like 1

I've waited to post on this thread for awhile so I could give the most accurate description of the hacking encounters I've had in a little over 200 hours of gameplay. Mainly because I very much want them addressed. I've had maybe, two to three CONFIRMED instances of hacking and/or game exploitation. One example is awhile back maybe a month or two when I was in the very top of a Berezino apartment. I heard footsteps in the apartment next to me so I knew there were people around. My friend spots them enter my building. I hear more footsteps and get sprayed through the floor from underneath by a M4 or something similar. I say this is confirmed hacking because I was not moving at all (as if they could shoot through walls anyways) so they couldn't hear me. There were also no windows or openings that I could of been shot from. They were directly below me. Second time was an instance exactly like a post above, basically ran into a dude who didn't have a gun drawn, I took a shot at him, he stops, levitates into the air and pulls out his M4, then teleports back down and kills me. So that's also confirmed by two people. Also I'm fairly positive spawning/duping items is a problem because I've ran into/killed multiple large groups of players with EXACT matching inventories/clothes, and who also happen to have infinite mags on their fully decked out M4's (Have not killed a single person with a M4 who did not have a infinite mag). So that's a problem as well. I hope these things get sorted out soon so that we can all have a legit experience playing this great game (:

I feel bad that people have to go through this, just to let you know we take every report of hacking seriously on ZaP servers. We have a security team that does a damn good job of keeping out the riff raff, you are all welcome to come have a clean gaming experience.

b_350_20_0F0F0F_282424_2FD10F_1DC115.png

b_350_20_0F0F0F_2F322F_1EEE1A_21C70E.png

b_350_20_070707_1E1E1E_26C70A_18CC0A.png

Give hardcore another chance, play with us.

Regular is overrated

Is it truth that now BE is banning duppers?

Doubt it, just the steam forums spreading misinformation as per usual.

I've read that in the steam forums, it seems BE is banning players abusing exploits and duplicating items.

Seems a bit shady at best, its an exploit that the devs should fix if they wanted people to stop abusing them. Its not a hack or a security leak.

Thats why I am asking.

That's nonsense.

• Like 2

That's nonsense.

I've posted plenty of videos calling out/killing/ and  observing hackers to show people. have you guys done anything to slow them down recently? because i did notice a drop in their population. hopefully another ban wave does some more people justice lol!

Thats why I am asking.

No this is not true, neither BE or VAC have the ability to detect duping or exploiting.

BE uses signature checks from well known "paid" hacks to catch hackers, VAC can detect overlays and ESP but it is not fully integrated.

Duping and exploiting although very real does not set off any alarms for BE or VAC.

The way Bohemia hopes to get rid of duping is to patch the existing duping problem and whipe the slate clean, as they have already said they are going to.

Your best bet at a hacker free gaming experience is a community with active admins, that can take reports of hacking and duping and do something about it.

Edited by nankunain
  • Like 1

8 hours playtime and met 2 hackers so far. Pretty much ruined my motivation to keep playing :/

Not that I don't believe you I just don't think it was actually hackers you saw in that 8 hours... Maybe but doubtful... If it was then yes that's very unlucky

Had my first encounter last night after about 100hr,

Was on my server.. was enjoying it being full running around the new northern towns, and I was making my way through the woods to the Nwaf when all of a sudden I got "rubberbanded" back about 50 meters.

I said to myself wow.. Haven't had a rubberband since like. 45 or something but didn't think much of it.

I ran back the same way I just had and all of a sudden, bam I get put back in the same spot....

What the hell?

I try running a different direction and in another minute I got put back in a spot no where near anywhere i had just ran....

Scratching my head now I start walking forward and my character literally was walking backwards at the same time, it was fighting me trying to moving forward.

Okay something is going.on here... I open up the server screen and the population dropped on the server from 40\40 to about 10\40 in a matter of minutes.

I decided that logging immediately was my best choice as clearly someone was taking control periodically.

If it weren't for that moment where I literally felt someone fighting the control of my character I would chalk this up to lag or Rubberbanding...

By the looks of it, it was a very inexperienced kiddie playing with the hacks he just bought via mom's stolen credit card.

Hacked for the 13th time in the last 3 days. Teleporting hacker flew in to knock me unconcious and replaced his gear with mine in under a second. Then laughed and killed me. Bohemia, please.

I just wanted to ask a few peoples opinion about the hacking issue, thought it might help me blow off some steam. Is it just me or is the hacking getting worse and a lot more frequent?? (By hackers I mean the teleporting, aimbot, see everyone's position, steal your weapon, rapid firing, flying like superman nuck-fuggets)

From the start of the year up to June/early July, I only bumped into 2 or 3 hackers in all that time, it was a pain but didn't seem too bad. But over recent weeks, I can't remember one single night I've been on without seeing someone teleporting, or spraying 2000 rounds a second from an M4 at me..... It's been so frequent, my team mates and I have resorted to playing on low pop/almost empty servers to avoid them.

So, am I just seriously unlucky, or is this getting worse for everyone?? Also, I try to keep up to date with patches and updates coming out, but have any of the devs mentioned anything about it being dealt with soon??

Cheers guys

Edited by euphoria4949
  • Like 1