RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

Just got killed by a teleporting naked person with an M4.  Just so the devs know these hackers are actively recruiting people I stayed in menu over my corpse and he is trying to sell hacks while giving away my gear.  I even got the guy's steam name because he was dumb enough to trade names over my corpse.  Reported.

I'm a pretty new player and I tried to make my first thread in new player discussion about hackers but it was closed and I was sent here.

I rarely have armed conflicts with legit players.  Most of the time it is some guy who teleports behind us and kills everyone with an axe or headshots.  It has gotten so bad that if you spend more than five to ten minutes in a populated server you will encounter a teleporter.  One of my friends was undressed then approached by the hacker and was told that for a small fee of $10 he could get him the hacks.  Cheat protection should be feature priority one for the devs and maybe it is but in my small 185 hours of game time I have seen one person get banned by BE for hack.  I'm ready to see script kiddies getting bounced regularly but it's probably going to continue like this for months and maybe even years.  I have experienced this with other games and just ended up quitting and so did my friends because it took too long to get cheat protection.  I have a couple of weeks of threshold for dealing with cheaters of this frequency then I will just stop playing and start reading.

We have seen people teleport, fly, speedhack, item fabricate, and undress other players.  I'm sure they also use esp and aimbot but these require software to detect.

I just wanted to say something berenzino is full of hacked mag and so on

not just one person they are now in groups of 4+

the last 3 dayzs we killed almost just hackers or dupers, its all on tape.

at the end of each session we went into the woods to hide the stuff and throw all granates at trees :)

it is getting out of controle ..... !

I spawned into the NWAF in one of the warehouses towards the tents. Within 45 seconds of spawning, someone started shooting hundreds of rounds at the warehouse I was in. I hadn't even opened the doors or really even moved at this point. So that confirmed he had unlimited mags and a wall hack. This wimp sits outside for 30 minutes or so just firing hundreds of rounds into the corner I was crouched in. I had a buddy that was coming to help me from the south. Just after he tells me he has the southern wall in sight, the hacker stops firing. 30 seconds after that, my buddy is dead. Said the guy just appeared (teleported) right in front of him and sprayed about 100 rounds into his body. My buddy was still about 1,500 meters away from me and this guy managed to make it over to him in less than 30 seconds. So that confirmed he also had a speed hack.

But the pussy hacker never once attempted to actually come in the warehouse and get me, because he knew his ass was grass if he did :)

you guys may appreciate this then 

If they stop the duping and infinite mags, great. But you'll still have teleporting, aimbots and wallhacks, which are way worse.

• Like 1

If they stop the duping and infinite mags, great. But you'll still have teleporting, aimbots and wallhacks, which are way worse.

yeah thats true, the dupers and mag guys are still killable, but its different with real cheater

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure some of them hack their health up to like 1000%. I've seen videos of them taking 10-20 hits before they go down.

Preempt 1. To preempt the "its alpha" crowd from drooling all over the nice carpet in here, remember most of these are fundamental game concepts that most likely will not be changed (even though I would argue that they need it, be it for more game enjoyment or catching bad guys).

Preempt 2. Another preempt. If you wish to argue with "I never see cheating" or "It is super rare", please remember a sample size of just you personally is not indicative of a trend. To be brutally honest though the thirty odd souls playing DayZ in the gaming community I hang out with is not a massive sample size either. But we all make observations with what we have to work with I guess.

**This post brought to you by a very slow work day**

This is the place to discuss hacking and will remain so until there are no hackers left to hack.

I do read the content btw !

Merged.

• Like 1

ok bone... if this is the place to post such questions then im glad u will not delete this post the third time...

- when can we expect fixes for the current hacks?

every night we see players warping or flying arround and theres no information in the last status report about planned security fixes....

not a single line about this big problem... its just a question...

Edited by quantum2k6

snip - your video

and

I'm pretty sure some of them hack their health up to like 1000%. I've seen videos of them taking 10-20 hits before they go down.

I suspected for some time that there are ppl out there who fool around with blood/health/shock/armor values. This sucks immensely. I feel like a broken record, saying the same things over again and again, but here we go: Server side sanity checks for regeneration speed, too high values as well as damage calculation should be able to take such things out completely - well, I guess I think they should be able to. Others have/had the same problems, it's the same again and again. There is/was (don't know, saw it in a youtube video interview of a hacker who makes/made hacks) a hack in BF3 where ppl had extremely fast regeneration all the time. How did he say it? Something like they had extremely potent health packs in their undies. They could still be killed, but not if there were small pauses between bullet impacts. Had to be gunned down really fast. Yes, server performance for many thousands of zeds + other things, yada, yada, yada..., but really I hope for plenty of sanity checks. But those will probably come way later.

Edited by bautschi

Yesterday !

great discuss topic here...

just to remember your words

This is the place to discuss hacking and will remain so until there are no hackers left to hack.

looks like its just another graveyard...

A bit of constructive criticism

While I enjoy the Dev updates and whatnot, I feel the announcement that they are fixing "hacks" nearly 2 weeks(If .49 hits this maintenance) has put this game into a nearly unplayable state on any hi-pop server. All these guys that paid for programs to break the game are just using them non-stop now instead of the intermittent lameness that they used to. I feel not mentioning anything about fixing "hacks" in the future would be the best way to go.

Edited by Boneboys

I agree, I really did look forward to all of the whining posts after a round of Battleye bans.....seems like they may have "fixed" that too in the process....BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Edited by Mystic Bagel

Well, I think you are slightly misunderstanding.

The hacks have been increasing for a long time before that announcement. And the announcement you speak of really only addresses that they are trying to stop duping which is just an exploit. I don't think they ever said they are doing anything to stop speed hacking/teleporting hacks from working. What they are saying in the announcement is that if they wipe the characters out, then all the current inifinite hacked magazines will be gone, and they want to prevent duplication.

But, sadly, they never said they will try to prevent paid hacks to work. So in other words, we are pretty much fucked still because people can still buy the teleporting/speed hacks and maybe even newly working infinite mag creating scripts.

• Like 2

Whouldent make sense to announce steps against certain types of hacks publicly... ;)

I am under the Impression that hacking seems to be more prevelant on US/RUS Servers anyways.. :D

The announcements regarding hack fixes really don't matter either way.

Every update has potential hack fixes in them so by your logic every update cycle would see a ramping up of hacking just prior to release.

In fact, one of the benefits to open testing is EARLY exposure of security weaknesses in the game that can be fixed so that when they do release a complete version it will be better protected from the beginning.

I saw a guy get BattleEye banned yesterday for known hack #xx, I did a little cheer.

• Like 1

Whouldent make sense to announce steps against certain types of hacks publicly... ;)

I am under the Impression that hacking seems to be more prevelant on US/RUS Servers anyways.. :D

This could be possible. I always join UK server, can't mostly connect to DE server for any unknown reason, and I never encountered a hacker since I started playing the game. Either they want to mess only with Americans and Russians or the wannabe hacker stay on their home server.

The easy answer is for BI to threaten legal action as these sites that are selling exploits for their product are illegally profiting on it. If they offer it for free then there is no legal issue, but since this is a pay service they are profiting on copyrighted material without consent.

While I enjoy the Dev updates and whatnot, I feel the announcement that they are fixing "hacks" nearly 2 weeks(If .49 hits this maintenance) has put this game into a nearly unplayable state on any hi-pop server. All these guys that paid for programs to break the game are just using them non-stop now instead of the intermittent lameness that they used to. I feel not mentioning anything about fixing "hacks" in the future would be the best way to go.

Think about it logically. The more people use hacks now the more security vulnerabilities is found and patched. Not only that, but they tend to wait and let many people hack to gather data then roll out waves of bans. It'll always be an ongoing issues, but I'm sure they have hacking as a high priority and is constantly working with battle eye. 

This could be possible. I always join UK server, can't mostly connect to DE server for any unknown reason, and I never encountered a hacker since I started playing the game. Either they want to mess only with Americans and Russians or the wannabe hacker stay on their home server.

Never seen a hacker on us/uk servers in over 700 hours , just glitchers looking through walls and with glitched ammo . Honestly I think a lot of people are having the same effect that people who recently saw UFO's have; over 60% don't actually even see anything at all ... Whether you believe in that or not doesn't matter , but what does matter is people love to assume ...

So I honesty believe it's just misinterpretations of glitches , Desync/lag, and over confidence after being killed which turns into denial . Although I will agree that there are plenty of hackers out there, I highly doubt they plague all servers as much as some of us like to believe ..

As just the other dayme an a friend were together in the office building he took a phone call and he remained on the first floor , in this minute time span I ran upstairs , he came back to his laptop and saw me desyncing on the first floor of the office building when I was actually on the second floor , when I changed weapons my characters image teleported to its actual position on the second floor .. If anyone else had seen this besides my friend they would have assumed a teleporter must be around , but again this is a product of Desync .

But then there's that nasty "take all your stuff off of your character just by looking at you " hack , which I've never seen firsthand but this one seems to be the only one I'll believe cuz there's no other way this could happen by a glitch, so it would be more clearly a hack, unless the victim of the "hack" is just plain lying ..

Edited by Grapefruit kush

The easy answer is for BI to threaten legal action as these sites that are selling exploits for their product are illegally profiting on it. If they offer it for free then there is no legal issue, but since this is a pay service they are profiting on copyrighted material without consent.

Yeah you'd think the ISPs are accessory to theft and also facilitating transfer of IP. 

This isn't exactly piracy as such, but you'd think the ISPs would be the first ones targeted here.

I do wonder what BI/BE are doing in the investigation department of these sites though.

So in other words, we are pretty much fucked still because people can still buy the teleporting/speed hacks and maybe even newly working infinite mag creating scripts.

Less cheaters are less cheaters which is a good thing. And buying cheats just nets you a few hours of less enjoyable gameplay and gets you banned later. Good job wasting your money. The only ones who win are the real hackers who sell their temporary goodies to stupid kids. In a sense its just like drug trade.

Cheats can be fixed at any time and cheaters can be banned at any time and everytime that happens the game gets a little bit better.

Never seen a hacker on us/uk servers in over 700 hours , just glitchers looking through walls and with glitched ammo . Honestly I think a lot of people are having the same effect that people who recently saw UFO's have; over 60% don't actually even see anything at all ... Whether you believe in that or not doesn't matter , but what does matter is people love to assume ...

So I honesty believe it's just misinterpretations of glitches , Desync/lag, and over confidence after being killed which turns into denial . Although I will agree that there are plenty of hackers out there, I highly doubt they plague all servers as much as some of us like to believe ..

As just the other dayme an a friend were together in the office building he took a phone call and he remained on the first floor , in this minute time span I ran upstairs , he came back to his laptop and saw me desyncing on the first floor of the office building when I was actually on the second floor , when I changed weapons my characters image teleported to its actual position on the second floor .. If anyone else had seen this besides my friend they would have assumed a teleporter must be around , but again this is a product of Desync .

But then there's that nasty "take all your stuff off of your character just by looking at you " hack , which I've never seen firsthand but this one seems to be the only one I'll believe cuz there's no other way this could happen by a glitch, so it would be more clearly a hack, unless the victim of the "hack" is just plain lying ..

You are beyond lucky. I have played for 300 hours and have seen at leat 10 or 12 hackers. You can google that the teleportng speed hack and infinite magazines are real. You can see footage of all of it and even purchase the stupid hacks. They also make hacks that turn mosins into fully automatic... It's beyond bad man.

You are lucky man.

I just got killed by a hacker in NWAF. I first found two bodies I tried to put their clothes on me and couldn't put stuff in them. Same with the hunter backpack.The bodies had no food, drinks, ammo nothing on them except military clothing .  I was outside the barracks next to the workshop area and heard gunshots from  an assault rifle from direction ATC and firestaion. I ran along side the fence when I got hit. I took cover behind one of those concrete sheds and still got hit.

Edited by JonySK

So there i am in berezinho. Get shot in the arm from the police station and run into the diner/pub building. Finally i can fight against a non hacker in some clean pvp! Here he comes towards the building, as I draw my magnum to do the dirty work. This is going to be so much fun!!! Fighting a non-hacker without 9 protector cases full of grenades! Here he comes up the stairs... BOOM shot him in the head. "Victory cheer in skype" "Friends congratulating me"

Loot his body for the ammo. Oh wait, his body dissapeared? Who is that laughing at me in game? Obscure words are said that i can't understand. 

I ready my magnum for the stairs again and start to get mocked. The guy appears in front of me and instantly dissapears. He is wearing a press vest and running in and out of walls. Mocking me for being a "noob". He pops in through the wall and shoots me in the back which breaks my legs. I fall to the ground and surrender. He walks through the wall in front of me and walks back into it. My gear all of the sudden dissapears completely and im in fresh spawn clothes. BOOM i get shot in the head. He mocks me as I lay dead.

DAYZ IS COMPLETELY UNPLAYABLE.  This is LITERALLY the 20th time in the last week. I can't log in to any server without being tortured by hackers. See you all in .50