RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

some random guy from america friended me on steam, and tried to get me to join his clan by offering me hacked M4s. joined, shot him and his mates, and left. he has since blocked me on steam, for "betraying his trust"

so yeah, i think the hacking has gotten worse...

• Like 3

there is already a topic about cheating and hacking.

read the last pages of this topic... and post your experiences there plz.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/168635-whats-the-current-hacking-status-like-in-dayzsa/page-100

its sad atm u spend hours n hours of farming good gear and then BÄM someone starts to take out your clothes and kill you after he forces you to drink or eat something...this happend 2 times now in the last 2 weeks :(

Edited by quantum2k6

I've seen people on the roofs in berezino. The ones you're not supposed to be on. 

Also have seen people teleport around, and seemingly not dying. (I believe this has something to do with carrying a tent, but idk every detail)

I really hope lots of these issues will be addressed quickly. Right now, it's even possible to be shot without hearing sound, but it's a legit bug, the other person has to reload in order to hear the shot...

I'm just at the point where dying is like, oh well, back to looting... It makes great game moments a bit more sparse though...

In august alone i've encountered ~14 cheaters (teleporting, shooting through several buildings etc) and atleast 20+ players that has magazines with unlimited ammo.
The current state of DayZ reminds me of CS 1.6 public servers back in the day, it's barely playable.
The thing that hurts the most when getting killed by them is that 90% of them sound like 12 year old kids.

From the start of the year up to June, I only bumped into 2 or 3 hackers in all that time, it was a pain but didn't seem too bad, you're always going to get a few douche-nozzles. But over recent weeks/couple of months I can't remember one single night I've been on without seeing someone teleporting, or spraying 2000 rounds a second from an M4 at me..... It's been so frequent, my team mates and I have resorted to playing on low pop/almost empty servers to avoid them.

A few recent encounters:

• I get killed (Legit), I spawn in Dubrovka, I take a few seconds to get my bearings, nothing but open fields around me, suddenly out of nowhere.... two fully geared guys are 5 meters away from me. I said hello, they didn't reply. They dropped food for me, I said thank you and picked it up, it was in my jeans pocket, then suddenly it disappeared. Then one put an axe down for me, I reluctantly picked it up, it disappeared. Then one dropped an M4 on the ground for me, then another one, then another.... then another...... Then I was blinded by a flashbang, I got my sight back and they had moved off slightly, when "BANG", 2 grenades goes off, I'm dead, then on the black screen what sounded like another dozen grenades go off.

• 4 Team mates plus myself heading north towards Novo as another one of our clan said there is a squad camping the Novo clock tower sniping everyone. So we move up and get to within sight of Novo, I was rear guard, suddenly Agro from behind but not on us. I spot a player speeding across the field at what must have been 70mph, before I can say anything 2-3 more speed in from other directions and unlimited M4 shots start raining on us from all directions.

• The very next day, one of our guys is killed (Legit), he starts heading back to us when 3 guys suddenly appear next to him and preceded to shot him in the leg. He calls out "Dudes come on, I'm a fresh spawn you can see that". They then bandaged him up and said sorry, and that they was just spooked so they shot. They asked if he was alone, he replied yes, which he was at the time, we were all 1-2km away. The scumbags replied, Yeah....... we know you ain't we can see you squad mates. Laughed, called him a C**t and shot him. We all scrambled for cover to log out, (Not going to bother trying against hackers), before we could do so, calls start raining out, "I'm dead, no idea how", "Yep, I'm dead too", "Yep me as well", Oh some guys just appeared infront of me..... I'm dead".

Today is Friday, this is what I've encountered so far "THIS WEEK". It's making a lot of people I know myself included, think about uninstalling until the end of the year at which time hopefully it might be less common.

Edited by euphoria4949

Speedhackers or as you call them teleporters are ever present on full servers. Nowadays even on hardcore which really sucks balls. When my group sees a hacker we immediately log out of the server.

Speedhackers or as you call them teleporters are ever present on full servers. Nowadays even on hardcore which really sucks balls. When my group sees a hacker we immediately log out of the server.

Too bad that most of the time, you only identify a player as a hacker when one or more players from the group have already fallen victim to the hack. :(

In august alone i've encountered ~14 cheaters (teleporting, shooting through several buildings etc) and atleast 20+ players that has magazines with unlimited ammo.

The current state of DayZ reminds me of CS 1.6 public servers back in the day, it's barely playable.

The thing that hurts the most when getting killed by them is that 90% of them sound like 12 year old kids.

Oh wow, no I could just roll my eyes and say, "Stupid little squeakers" if they were all 12yo. But almost "ALL" hackers that have spoken to me or my squad mates are Adults! They clearly sound like they are between 20 and 35. One of my mates even asked a guy who was trolling him how old he was and why do it, he said 32..... 32 frickin years old! And proceeded to say, because I can, it's fun making people rage and generally f*ck everyone's day up. Plus DayZ is too easy, hacking take skill..... "Skill" LMAO.

Well, hacking sucks don't get me wrong there, I am all against it, but honestly, I hope they hack the shit out of the alpha version, the more and the sooner they hack/find exploits, the sooner the dev's can fix those holes for the final release. Every exploit they miss now will be pain in the final build.

Oh wow, no I could just roll my eyes and say, "Stupid little squeakers" if they were all 12yo. But almost "ALL" hackers that have spoken to me or my squad mates are Adults! They clearly sound like they are between 20 and 35. One of my mates even asked a guy who was trolling him how old he was and why do it, he said 32..... 32 frickin years old! And proceeded to say, because I can, it's fun making people rage and generally f*ck everyone's day up. Plus DayZ is too easy, hacking take skill..... "Skill" LMAO.

The only skill they prove to me by hacking, is lacking the skill to survive in the game at all. They think DayZ is to easy, but those are the people who die because they never learnt how to hide and play tactically, they have always been spoon fed by exploits and hacks.

I still call them script kiddy's and not hackers, because 85% doesn't even really hack, they just download or buy the freaking scripts, they don't do shit to find exploits or any sort.

They just install that and think they are super mega hackers who could take down the world and out hack annonymous.

And I also don't really get why some one would pay 25$ (same price as the game if I recall) for a piece of software who could get you banned on all Bohemia multiplayer games? Because lets face it eventually every one who hacks gets banned sometime or another. So basically you would pay 25$ to throw away another 100?

Its real bad now.

I made numerous mentions that on half of all the full servers, I see a freaking teleporter.

Im so furious that the devs refuse to respond to how easy it is to have paid for hacks in this game.

If I made this alpha, I would sue to remove my name from the list of contributors at least until this issue gets better.

Well, hacking sucks don't get me wrong there, I am all against it, but honestly, I hope they hack the shit out of the alpha version, the more and the sooner they hack/find exploits, the sooner the dev's can fix those holes for the final release. Every exploit they miss now will be pain in the final build.

The question is though...... Will they fix it in the final build! I don't fully understand how it all works, but will they just stick with BattleEye which seems to be as good at keeping away the hackers as a hamster protecting your house against burglars.

In some way I can understand your argument, but also remember that as long as the source code changes dramatically, there are security wholes that would have been closed anyways down the road, no matter if they are exploited now or not. At the same time new wholes will appear. Basically many anti cheat actions will have to be done again and again. Closing security wholes in a code base that is not changing so dramatically any more would offer more permanent solutions.

The question is though...... Will they fix it in the final build! I don't fully understand how it all works, but will they just stick with BattleEye which seems to be as good at keeping away the hackers as a hamster protecting your house against burglars.

Battleeye is hotly discussed here, but no one can deny that they banned many. I play BF3 and there are still plenty of hackers there. And you only really figure out the most obvious ones anyway, I don't even want to think about the numbers of those using ESP to just get a slight edge.

Getting numbers of bans is a problem, but there were some in this thread somewhere. I'm not looking through all 100 pages, but I think BI once answered that and said something about 800 BE bans in a week just before that. The original source was reddit I think.

Also many hacks are not BE's job really, but BI's. I defninitely also pray for sanity checks down the road.

I just killed a guy, gave him a chance to talk to me so I know he's not hostile. Held him up. Then he came at me with a hatchet, I shot him in the leg and broke it. After that I shot him in the head, and after 4 seconds I dropped dead for no apparent reason.

Is there this hack that kills the person you want dead?

I have a question. Since the devs have not addressed the serious hacking status in DayZ at this time.

Is there a way for us to attack/crash the websites that sell the paid hacks? I believe all the speed hacks for example are paid hacks from little 14 year old bitches. So there are probably only a few places on the internet that are selling this. Why don't we use our connections to people that know how to crash websites. Or notify authorities for credit card fraud, tax evation... mail fraud..... etc.

Teleporters in Polana right now!

lastMPServerName="Grey Matter LOOT LOOT LOOT 24/7 DAY 124737";
"08/22/2014 11:23 AM" 

I just killed a guy, gave him a chance to talk to me so I know he's not hostile. Held him up. Then he came at me with a hatchet, I shot him in the leg and broke it. After that I shot him in the head, and after 4 seconds I dropped dead for no apparent reason.

Is there this hack that kills the person you want dead?

There actually might be, there was a youtube video linked a few days ago in this thread, seems like it's gone ... I don't like that one bit.

The problem is that if you shot the guy down and then executed him, his abilities to cheat might have been limited on the death screen, no idea really.

Currently there is the anoying issue of not hearing shots, only impacts. Happened plenty of times to us, you never know where the attacker is... . We exited a prison a few days ago and just after the doors opened, my friend goes down. We heard no shots, I only heard the impact, same sound as when you hit a zed. He on the other hand heard nothing at all. It was a dude proning 30 or 40 meters away from the door aiming at us. I went back into hiding and finally actually managed to kill him. Now we don't know how that happened, the main problem for us was that my buddy went down immediatelly, before the doors were even completely open. The doors themselves did not lag, they started opening directly as I openend them. So here we did suspect that MAYBE some ESP stuff was involved. But that is just speculation. The shooter missed several shots at me later while I was fumbleing to manage my first Ak101 irons sights kill on a proning person who I first had to even find, so he was not that great. What made me kind of doubt if it was a legit killer was how fast he killed my buddy, like he had preaimed exactly at his position, after all he turned out to not be a great shot. But there is always luck to consider ;).

Now what is relevant for you here is that my buddy just dropped dead and did no hear a thing. You shot somebody, maybe he was not alone and you did not hear the shot or impact of the bullet because of the currently messed up sound.

I have a question. Since the devs have not addressed the serious hacking status in DayZ at this time.

Is there a way for us to attack/crash the websites that sell the paid hacks? I believe all the speed hacks for example are paid hacks from little 14 year old bitches. So there are probably only a few places on the internet that are selling this. Why don't we use our connections to people that know how to crash websites. Or notify authorities for credit card fraud, tax evation... mail fraud..... etc.

Don't make it sound like the devs aren't giving a shit, that's simply not true.

Depending on the location an official action with authorities may be possible, also take into account where the site actally is, I doubt you will achieve anything there.

I would not advise you to attack/crash websites, that is simply a crime in most places. Also often other sites, maybe even networks are impacted by such actions. You could be sued in civil court in most areas, too.

I never see anyone.... never ever.....

Edited by Rmk82

We killed some guys up at the neaf last night and took a high capacity vest from a body. Inside that high capacity vest was two more vests and two boxes and inside each of those vests was, you guessed it, two more vests along with boxes. We eventually gave up trying to unpack them.

They also had hacked mags etc.

We killed some guys up at the neaf last night and took a high capacity vest from a body. Inside that high capacity vest was two more vests and two boxes and inside each of those vests was, you guessed it, two more vests along with boxes. We eventually gave up trying to unpack them.

They also had hacked mags etc.

they survive up to 7 mosin body hits with this shit....

Edited by quantum2k6

I don't understand how dayz can have such terrible security. I know it's alpha but c'mon, the hackers are just testing the game for weaknesses while we can't have any fun. High population servers are completely unplayable.

BE is not run by Bohemia... It's a completely separate entity. Furthermore, as far as I understand, BE only checks scripts/pbo's, etc. It does not protect vs all hacks.

This is misinformation. BE covers all types of hacks.

This is misinformation. BE covers all types of hacks.

Thanks for the info.. Misunderstanding on my part.

I killed two teleporters today. You have to be THIS bad to get shot by me before you do anything.

i3MVJsvqkL3lK.png

Aaaand now I got killed by someone with heat-seeking bullets twice. 

Shit game.