RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

Imagine this had happened to someone with less posts and less of a name on here than Rick? I doubt that person would've stood a chance.

• Like 1

yeah. you know ..it is mind numbing how some people still keeps denying the effects of the devdomo hack... and seeing moderators like some of the steam once is just so sad. they come off as idiots really...

yeah. you know ..it is mind numbing how some people still keeps denying the effects of the devdomo hack... and seeing moderators like some of the steam once is just so sad. they come off as idiots really...

Hello there

Who's denying anything? Your posts are not coming off as too constructive. Glass houses and all that.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

my apologies. i will try to be more constructive and less of an idiot when i post in the future ..but everyone is still trying to deny the effects of his hack, like you know, and that is a fact ^^ and when it comes from "officials" it is more than disturbing really... again, my apologies

Edited by idnetical

everyone is still trying to deny the effects of his hack, like you know, and that is a fact 

Hello there

Again, who? Ive seen no denials.

It might not be a favourite topic of conversation or folk may not believe the facts the we or the devs give out.

You dont have to like us, the game etc but it seems you are alluding to facts that dont exist and assuming there is some kind of conspiracy. There simply isnt one.

Rdgs

LoK

Imagine this had happened to someone with less posts and less of a name on here than Rick? I doubt that person would've stood a chance.

Hello there

Rick has only been with us since Jan 2014 and is a fairly new to "us". I'd have expected the same resolution no matter the person.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

again my apologies, but this "conspiracy" of yours is simply silly ..oh, i just now saw your handle ^^ i will not post anything else here

again my apologies, but this "conspiracy" of yours is simply silly ..oh, i just now saw your handle ^^ i will not post anything else here

Hello there

The explain exactly what you mean? Ive asked you twice and both times have not given any facts. Im happy to be proved wrong if ive missed anything but you are not contributing so far.

Rgds

LoK

everyone is still trying to deny the effects of his hack

We actually have a pinned topic on the matter, is has been there since May 15th.

If we were trying to cover anything up, we would be doing a really bad job.

But don't trust my scheming, conspiring self, have a look: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/195964-dayz-sa-security-leak/

Feel free to post there, it's an open topic.

• Like 3

I stand corrected, his ban and those of a few other players will be lifted.

I just identified an exploit that could be used on pirated servers (as I said previously, his account was used there). Note that even with this a false ban was/is extremely unlikely. Either way, this will be fixed shortly.

I'm deeply sorry for this inconvenience Grimey Rick, I hope you can forgive me/BE.

No worries, I'm just glad you guys took the time to look into it further. My apologies for not answering your message earlier, they don't allow cell phones in cranes on this job site.

Also, I appreciate the support from those of you who don't immediately jump on bandwagons. I know my opinion on this topic has definitely changed.

Cheers.

• Like 1

so has mine ..i've been lurking a few boards for quite some time now and i'm not perfectly sure i like you =| but, i DO know that i would like to have people like you to play on my server anytime you wish.

I stand corrected, his ban and those of a few other players will be lifted.

I just identified an exploit that could be used on pirated servers (as I said previously, his account was used there). Note that even with this a false ban was/is extremely unlikely. Either way, this will be fixed shortly.

I'm deeply sorry for this inconvenience Grimey Rick, I hope you can forgive me/BE.

There are no false bans and there never have been. There was only 1 false banwave back in August 2012, but no other. Stop lying or stop downloading suspicious programs if you don't want to get banned. Also, you can't get banned for browsing hack sites

Wanna change your opinion on that subject matter after this incident? lol

• Like 1

Wanna change your opinion on that subject matter after this incident? lol

No, I never said it's not possible: 

Maybe your ban is false, maybe it isn't. Send a message to BE and they'll unban you if it's false.

Edited by TSAndrey

No, I never said it's not possible:

Half true, you said it wasn't and was possible. So you're a hypocrite.

There are no false bans and there never have been. There was only 1 false banwave back in August 2012, but no other. Stop lying or stop downloading suspicious programs if you don't want to get banned. Also, you can't get banned for browsing hack sites

I'm willing to bet solely based on what happened to me that there are far, far more people banned in error than you seem to think.

I don't have to work for BE to know the truth. Dwarden (a BI developer) confirmed that there have been no other false positives. Maybe your ban is false, maybe it isn't. Send a message to BE and they'll unban you if it's false.

But since you're posting lies like "BE is garbage", I'm more convinced your ban is legit.

No, it's not, learn to read. You state that false positive happen all the time, which is false. I stated that there was only one false banwave and, as confirmed by Dwarden, no others.

If he actually said that (which I doubt), then perhaps this will give them incentive to delve deeper in the future.

Yes, and I don't remember the last time I have seen a cheater in A3/DayZ. Cheating was rampant in A2, but that was because of the engine, not because of BE. If you're so sure BE is garbage, why don't you check out some of the "undetected " cheats. Or wait, that's probably what you already did ;)

I'm willing to bet you don't play either very often. What difference does it make what engine you're on? Anti-cheats are supposed to detect and ban actual cheaters. No engine is perfect, that's why we have software like BattlEye, PunkBuster, VAC, etc.

Oh, and yeah, I wasn't cheating. Has that been mentioned yet? Did you see that part where the BattlEye official reinstated that? How does your boot taste, broski? ;)

• Like 1

Half true, you said it wasn't and was possible. So you're a hypocrite.

I said it was possible, just didn't happen before.

I'm willing to bet solely based on what happened to me that there are far, far more people banned in error than you seem to think.

Maybe, but BE checks all ban appeals. So if there were other false bans, they were likely unbanned.

If he actually said that (which I doubt), then perhaps this will give them incentive to delve deeper in the future.

Exceptions can always happen.

I'm willing to bet you don't play either very often. What difference does it make what engine you're on? Anti-cheats are supposed to detect and ban actual cheaters. No engine is perfect, that's why we have software like BattlEye, PunkBuster, VAC, etc.

Engine matters the most. Anti-cheats can only detect existing cheats, they can't patch engine security problems.

Oh, and yeah, I wasn't cheating. Has that been mentioned yet? Did you see that part where the BattlEye official reinstated that? How does your boot taste, broski?  ;)

Good for you

Edited by TSAndrey

Maybe, but BE checks all ban appeals. So if there were other false bans, they were likely unbanned.

Exceptions can always happen.

Engine matters the most. Anti-cheats can only detect existing cheats, they can't patch engine security problems.

Good for you

some people should just realize that their opinion was wrong and not try to turn arround statements to make them match

• Like 2

How do you know this? Do you work at BE or know someone that does work at BE? Or are you just trashtalking?

• Like 1

I got the jump on someone at close range and unloaded a 30 round AKM clip into him.  However, he was still able to return fire and knock me unconscious; and then ultimately kill me.  He didn't appear to have an ESP hack, and he wasn't moving at lightning fast speed like I've seen before.  However, it just doesn't seem likely that he could have survived even 15 rounds from an AKM at close range.  I'm sure that I missed some, but I was in first person view so it's doubtful I missed much.  To be fair, he was well equipped.  Is there a hack to increase someone's blood supply so they can survive such encounters?

I got the jump on someone at close range and unloaded a 30 round AKM clip into him.  However, he was still able to return fire and knock me unconscious; and then ultimately kill me.  He didn't appear to have an ESP hack, and he wasn't moving at lightning fast speed like I've seen before.  However, it just doesn't seem likely that he could have survived even 15 rounds from an AKM at close range.  I'm sure that I missed some, but I was in first person view so it's doubtful I missed much.  To be fair, he was well equipped.  Is there a hack to increase someone's blood supply so they can survive such encounters?

Did you aim or use hip fire? When using hip fire, you don't see how the gun goes up from recoil when spraying. You will maybe hit the first, if lucky the second shot, that's it. You need to pause and fire again after a pause to allow the gun to go back to where you aim. May seem silly, but one big akm spray will usually not kill anyone, at least from my experience. Even on short distance, I try not to create salves of more than 2 shots.

Edited by bautschi

Did you aim or use hip fire? When using hip fire, you don't see how the gun goes up from recoil when spraying. You will maybe hit the first, if lucky the second shot, that's it. You need to pause and fire again after a pause to allow the gun to go back to where you aim. May seem silly, but one big akm spray will usually not kill anyone, at least from my experience. Even on short distance, I try not to create salves of more than 2 shots.

I aimed, and I paused several times so that the gun wouldn't rise above the target.  

Edited by youdaman

I aimed, and I paused several times so that the gun wouldn't rise above the target.  

In that case I would say suspicious, but it could still be legit. Maybe there was some extreme lag like when a zombie hits you and it does not register for a few seconds. That might have been enough to get you unconscious. Now even if you were finished of later and the guy was down, you might have been finished off by his buddy that you did not see who had the same gun. Not saying it was definitely no hacking, but all those possibilities. I once got shot in the back entering a barrack and still managed to run all the way back to the last room. Then I went unconscious...there was a window before the blood loss and shock got me of maybe 3 seconds, but that was a while ago. I can only advise you to record all your gameplay, analysing vids later is interesting and you see a lot of mistakes you make that you did not realise in the game itself, so it might even teach you something. And you could now watch it and maybe see your hits.

Currently ppl are claiming that there is no typical god mode, that all cheaters can be killed. Think I read that at least the last days. I did not kill a lot of ppl with the AKM, but until now two hits in the upper body always put them down. The first time I had an AKM a guy with an SKS appeared about 1m in front of me, he put (probably) ten bullets in my direction, I sprayed 30 rounds at him, he turned around, ran away, I turned around, ran away while reloading and then looked back, never saw him again, we both lived. BUT I SPRAYED the whole mag, you say you aimed... .

Edited by bautschi

It's shitty netcode. The server tickrate for full servers is still less than 30 so you get kill trading.

• Like 1

Recently, since this week, I see a huge increase in hacking again. For a while it was calm and enjoyable, but now as soon as you step into berenzino, you are guaranteed to find a hacker. Seen two guys being crouched without a walking or weaponswitch animation that hovered fast on the ground just 2minutes ago. They both looked the same.

Yesterday I saw 4 people, all duped with M4s, and they had the ability to teleport and see through walls. I could see with my own eyes how they teleported.

So, it's on again. 

• Like 1

Agreed, the amount of hacking at the moment is unbelievable. I've started recording my gameplay again and the amount of bullshit I've got recorded so far is insane. I played in berezino for 2 hours yesterday and found 4 fully kitted M4's with hacked mags in that time. BE is and always has been a pile of absolute dog sh*t.

• Like 2