RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and say BE is the worst anti-hack ever if G.Rick got banned globally. That is absurd. I play with him constantly and know for a FACT he doesn't hack

Ridiculous. I mean I see what Rick means now about the threads about being randomly banned by BE. I will never scoff at someone ever again after this incident. In light of this I think I'll avoid playing DayZ until they finish the game or actually get an Anti-cheat program that actually isn't retarded and bans non-cheaters without explanation

It's just "Oh sorry lol ur banzored"

No thanks. I play both Arma3 AND DayZ, would rather not be banned from either on this account for no reason

Edited by DeatHTaX

There are no false bans and there never have been. There was only 1 false banwave back in August 2012, but no other. Stop lying or stop downloading suspicious programs if you don't want to get banned. Also, you can't get banned for browsing hack sites

There are no false bans and there never have been. There was only 1 false banwave back in August 2012, but no other. Stop lying or stop downloading suspicious programs if you don't want to get banned. Also, you can't get banned for browsing hack sites

I am still googling this but I think you can get banned for browsing sites blacklisted by VAC.

Found this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/1y0kc1/vac_now_reads_all_the_domains_you_have_visited

Edited by Frosti
  • Like 1

I am still googling this but I think you can get banned for browsing sites blacklisted by VAC.

Found this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/1y0kc1/vac_now_reads_all_the_domains_you_have_visited

Valve was just using that tactic for a special banwave. I doubt they are still using it, and even if they are, they don't ban for just having the site open.

You know how foolish this makes you look? First sentence is immediately contradicted by the second. False positives do happen you be surprised at your chances of not having HIV after initially testing positive. So even the godly BE/VAC can have, and as you have stated has in the past falsely identified users of cheating.

How many times has an AV detected a malicious file that actually benign? This whole bloody community is blinkered ( well the whole internet really ) reason giving way to opinions. 

You know how foolish this makes you look? First sentence is immediately contradicted by the second. False positives do happen you be surprised at your chances of not having HIV after initially testing positive. So even the godly BE/VAC can have, and as you have stated has in the past falsely identified users of cheating.

How many times has an AV detected a malicious file that actually benign? This whole bloody community is blinkered ( well the whole internet really ) reason giving way to opinions. 

So what you saying?

That we should remove all anti-hacks?

Or we should unban all people who says that they "didn't cheat" ?

First of all, if you don't work for BE, don't make ignorant assertions. How could you possibly know? If you do work for BE, your anti-cheat is garbage. People have been rampantly cheating all over every populated DayZ server since launch.

I have downloaded nothing for DayZ. Ever. So, just for a second, humor me. Explain to me why I was banned for literally no reason. No modified files, etc.

And no one stole my account or anything, as I have an email sent to me for verification every single time I switch devices.

I'm confident they'll sort it out.

• Like 2

First of all, if you don't work for BE, don't make ignorant assertions. How could you possibly know? If you do work for BE, your anti-cheat is garbage. People have been rampantly cheating all over every populated DayZ server since launch.

I have downloaded nothing for DayZ. Ever. So, just for a second, humor me. Explain to me why I was banned for literally no reason. No modified files, etc.

And no one stole my account or anything, as I have an email sent to me for verification every single time I switch devices.

I don't have to work for BE to know the truth. Dwarden (a BI developer) confirmed that there have been no other false positives. Maybe your ban is false, maybe it isn't. Send a message to BE and they'll unban you if it's false.

But since you're posting lies like "BE is garbage", I'm more convinced your ban is legit.

You know how foolish this makes you look? First sentence is immediately contradicted by the second. 

No, it's not, learn to read. You state that false positive happen all the time, which is false. I stated that there was only one false banwave and, as confirmed by Dwarden, no others.

Edited by TSAndrey

You get false positives with any antivirus software, and that is pretty much what battleye is.

If you have detection on max, your software detects harmless stuff, and if you lower the paranoia level, some new unwanted programmes slip through because that's what they are designed to do.

A standard continuing function of battleye and any 'antivirus', is to keep up to date on the new infiltration/evasion techniques without calling too many false positives. It's always an ongoing and updating situation. I think, IMO, they have a good grip on it - it's hard to say (isn't it) how many forms of attack they have stopped altogether, how many they have limited and crippled, and how many bad users have been discouraged from using anti-game software, just because battleye is there and we know it is always updating.

Their sucesses are invisible. The only things visible are the still operative cheats, those battleye is working to eliminate at the present. And false positives must be just as important to them as any other part of their investigation and development.

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1

I don't have to work for BE to know the truth. Dwarden (a BI developer) confirmed that there have been no other false positives. Maybe your ban is false, maybe it isn't. Send a message to BE and they'll unban you if it's false.

But since you're posting lies like "BE is garbage", I'm more convinced your ban is legit.

No, it's not, learn to read. You state that false positive happen all the time, which is false. I stated that there was only one false banwave and, as confirmed by Dwarden, no others.

It's not garbage? Have you played Arma 2/3 online? I assume you've played the Mod and Standalone. Cheating is rampant.

I didn't really believe it'd ban someone legit either, until I was banned last night.

..//..

Grimey Rick mistakenly banned - I am certain Battleye will sort this out.

But in the meantime .. this explains why so many players are saying it is too easy to survive.

bring back GR

(heh)

Edited by pilgrim

It's not garbage? Have you played Arma 2/3 online? I assume you've played the Mod and Standalone. Cheating is rampant.

I didn't really believe it'd ban someone legit either, until I was banned last night.

Yes, and I don't remember the last time I have seen a cheater in A3/DayZ. Cheating was rampant in A2, but that was because of the engine, not because of BE. If you're so sure BE is garbage, why don't you check out some of the "undetected " cheats. Or wait, that's probably what you already did ;)

• Like 1

Concerning Grimey Rick, well that explains how his astmatic female char survived for months ;). Just kidding.

Either way, it's funny how everyone here in the past always told those complaining about being banned without cheating to stop lieing and p*** off. Now we have a prominent member of this forum banned, a god of surval that seems generally well liked and BAM!:

"What's going on??? Battleeye sucks!!! Not Rickybaby!!!"

Now I don't know how this will end, but I would say that those that report hacking sites to Accolyte or BE are in most cases not those that cheat themselves - if you actually did report such a site ;).

Either way, I believe in the existance of false positives (general hazard with my education). But as I don't know exactly how Battleeye works, I'll say it can be extremely unlikely to have false positives.

Concerning the proof, it is their policy not to tell ppl why they got banned - understandale. So I doubt you will get an exact answer there, Ricky.

I'll stick with my plan to buy Arma 3 on a different steam account.

Edited by bautschi
  • Like 1

Apparently I hack:

IvJQY0N.jpg

fR8KzWz.jpg

I'm currently awaiting a response from them. In the meantime, I'm banned from DayZ and Arma 3. In the past when I've scoffed at people who were "banned for no reason", I now fully rescind said scoffs. Worst anti-cheat ever.

If I was going to cheat, it sure as fuck wouldn't be on the Steam account in which I have 150 or so games. If they don't reply, that's it for me and BI. <3

EDIT: It was a good run:

GZfE3nh.jpg

I just double-checked your ban and found it to be valid. Hence it won't be lifted. Note that it doesn't matter if you only tried to use a cheat once or if someone else cheated on your account.

For obvious reasons I won't comment any further on this.

Edited by BEdev-Sable
  • Like 6

I just double-checked your ban and found it to be valid. Hence it won't be lifted. Note that it doesn't matter if you only tried to use a cheat once.

For obvious reasons I won't comment any further on this.

Btw. Is it possible to get banned for browsing website that offers hacks?

It is possible that by opening such site it stealth installs hacks/programs that get you banned in game?

And I am not advocating browsing hack sites or anything, just want to know to be safe in the future.

Btw. Is it possible to get banned for browsing website that offers hacks?

If you don't use any hacks yourself there is nothing to fear.

It is possible that by opening such site it stealth installs hacks/programs that get you banned in game?

Chance: <0.001%? In the end you are always responsible for what's running on your system.
  • Like 1

Okay Rick so how it was, you tried the hack "just once" ?

i dont think he hacked. 

i assume he downloaded something while visiting the site, like a keylogger and someone hacked around chernarus with his key (the hacker who gave him the site tricked him). I ve red that hackers mostly use such tricks to get keys

And as Sable said, everyone should take care about his pc.

My cousin for example plays Dota, he installed a keylogger without knowing it and his account got hacked.

• Like 1

FYI, I requested further information from him as his account was used on an unofficial server.

• Like 4

preeeeeeeeeeeeety sure there's a whole thread / forum page for 'banned by BE appeal' on the BI website...

this

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?145530-Globally-banned-by-BattlEye-See-this

also, already linked it here, but to call down on the gods of itoldyouso (despite BE saying they're not lifting your ban... and please do explain as you appear to have a few fans here...)

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/204647-infinite-magazines-reportable/?hl=%2Binfinite+%2Bmag post #20.

But wow, what a DayZ soap opera moment.  Did he really do it, how does this implicate his supporters and character witnesses, WILL BATTLE EYE EVER KILL ALL THE CHEATERS?

find out next week, same bat place, same bat channel!

Edited by q.S Sachiel

I stand corrected, his ban and those of a few other players will be lifted.

I just identified an exploit that could be used on pirated servers (as I said previously, his account was used there). Note that even with this a false ban was/is extremely unlikely. Either way, this will be fixed shortly.

I'm deeply sorry for this inconvenience Grimey Rick, I hope you can forgive me/BE.

• Like 10

I stand corrected, his ban and those of a few other players will be lifted.

I just identified an exploit that could be used on pirated servers (as I said previously, his account was used there). Note that even with this a false ban was/is extremely unlikely. Either way, this will be fixed shortly.

I'm deeply sorry for this inconvenience Grimey Rick, I hope you can forgive me/BE.

good move!

maybe you can explain (if it its not giving any advantage to some players) what kind of exploit it was, so that the players can avoid it and not getting false banned.

Hello there

This re affirms my faith in BE. Complaints are looked into and unjust bans overturned. Yes, a pain in the bum for Rick etc but the system works. Its not perfect but the issue was quickly resolved.

Im still a BE fan.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

So what you saying?

That we should remove all anti-hacks?

Or we should unban all people who says that they "didn't cheat" ?

I am stating that there is no sure thing and to just assume anyone caught by a BE ban is just a punk cheater is just as ridiculous to state that BE doesn't catch any cheats.

Of course you TSAndrey quick to "bean" the Sable's initial comment about ban remaining in place. Fact is BattleEye software and developers who maintain it are not immune from mistakes. False positives have happened and will happen in the future.

And Sure enough Grimey Rick has been found to a victim, by unknowingly entering a pirated server and wrongly flagged as cheating him and any number of other innocent players that happen to log in on that server till the exploit is patched. 

BattleEye detected cheating but missed the context, luckily Sable dug a bit deeper and realised player history could have exposed that account unwittingly and quite correctly removed the ban. This at least shows that ban can be contested which is good thing.

As for the frequency of false positives, I suspect its quite low I have no idea what it actually is but if it was 1 in 1000 then you got to accept that on rare occasion someone is telling the truth.

I wish people would just stop looking or expecting a panacea for cheating. The is no single solution, only a combination of preventive ( gamecode ) detective ( BE/VAC ) and strong community interaction in terms of administrating servers ( Server Tools Pls ) can be effective.

• Like 1

How do we avoid playing on these pirated servers? I only play on be enabled. Will I be safe from this exploit?