martink8190@gmail.com

When you know you play too much Dayz :p

....when you glance into the neighbor's Federal Marshal truck, notice his M4 in it's locked rack and try and identify what attachments he has on it. Especially when you start going, "I really prefer the ACOG sight myself." in your head.

back in the Mod days. everytime i saw a Deer Stand IRL i got excited for a second. True story

So I Went to the Hospital....
....And as I looked around the room, I couldn't help but think,  medical loot!

Rn19ykI.jpg

• Like 1

Too bad all the hospitals in dayz have is press vests and chilly peppers and basically no actual medical supplies.

• Like 1

Too bad all the hospitals in dayz have is press vests

Anything that prevents death is a medical supply. 

Did you take the morphine at least?

...when you see a camo beanie hat on a pile of bricks while walking past a building site and have to pick it up (true story)

...when you're on the escalators in London evaluating the capacity and condition of the tourists' backpacks

....when you see news video of the Ukraine conflict, start admiring the tac vests and AKs and then feel your heart jump as it pans to a distant column of smoke far away... (tasteless, I know - sorry)

• Like 1

A few nights ago I dreamt about playing DayZ. I remember being trapped inside a building with a group of hostiles outside. One of them went inside, and I popped him. Then I decided to storm out of the building, guns blazing. There were six of them and I managed to kill them all. Then there was a loot fest!

I also remember being attacked by like 20 unarmed and naked players, but I remember thinking they were some kind of minions controlled by a hacker.

When you go into a hardware store and the first thing you think about getting is an axe to slice infected in the head with. Than you realize walking home with a huge fucking 2 handed axe in hand you bought might be a bad idea......

But i have my big ass combat knife so all is well.

Edited by Deathlove

Surely you've all done it. You know, you have that one game that you're really into lately like DayZ and it starts to work its way into real life. You're standing there doing something in real life and a slight moment goes by that catches you off guard where you apply something from DayZ to real life. It just happened to me. I was standing there looking at a t-shirt that had holes in it and said to myself, "I'll never wear this it has holes in it, let me throw it away". There was then a split moment where DayZ survival instinct kicked in and I said to myself, "wait, no I can't I need to cut this up and make rags." The only thing that kind of woke me up was that the t-shirt was pink and there was no way in hell I was going to get a white rag from that.  :lol:

So fess up! What was the last thing you've almost done that you would in DayZ [or any game I suppose] in real life. 

• Like 1

After 3 years of DayZ I often rate litter by it's appearance.

A slightly crushed Sprite can on a fence post with 20% mystery liquid in it was "damaged".

The damp wool coat lying on the grass looked "worn".

There's a "ruined" banana.

I thought about starting a silly thread where you posted a picture of "loot" in your neighborhood and rate it's condition....

• Like 3

I ran around my local walmart naked yelling "FRIENDLY!"

• Like 4

Every year when fall hits, I look across the country side and see only dayz. I even tell my wife, "Doesn't this look just like Dayz weather!?"

She rolls her eyes...

• Like 1

I did a night shift in the care home I used to work in on Boxing Day last year after spending the majority of the Christmas holidays playing dayz and watching the walking dead... All that was going through my head at 4 an whilst ironing was 'if they become zombies what can I use as a weapon?' and 'there's plenty of food in here plus the cars out front are full of fuel and roomy, could easily drive off in those.'

Also I drive past radio towers everyday in to work and always think 'wonder if there's a sniper up there?'

When i walk to the store for food with my backpack on my back i can't help not thinking of dayz all the way there and back .

it's a good thing i don't have a sling for my ax .

Edited by green_mtn_grandbob

Whenever I drive by a building that looks like a DayZ building (or Miscreated building, bc their graphics are so damn realistic), I mentally leave my body/car, and want to run up to that building and loot it.

Edited by FrigginTommyNoble

I see Lada Niva every day, and I saw few deer stands today. No hunting scopes in deer stands :-(

EDIT: 

Edited by igor-vk
  • Like 1

I hate to plug myself, but I had a moment on the way to work this summer that was too funny not to share  :lol:

• Like 8

I hate to plug myself, but I had a moment on the way to work this summer that was too funny not to share  :lol:

haha how did you restrain yourself to not go over and loot?

• Like 1