(TMW) Merino

Merino's In-Depth Video Guides (Feb 11th: Updated to 0.34.115106 New Status Indicators, Rebalancing of Hunger, Thirst, Stomach, Blood and Health Reg)

This was very helpful. Thanks for taking the time to do it.

I'm pretty sure learning stuff isn't suppose to be this entertaining, great job overall and 22.00 got me laughing. 

Thanks thanks thanks :)

I'll consider making another video when there's something worth talking about that A) affects a large number of people B) there's sufficient data to back up the claims, C) the information isn't widely known yet and D) there are obvious misconceptions going around based on the lack of knowledge.

For example I don't think it would make a whole lot of sense to talk about the medical system in much detail yet. You typically can't be aware of every negative state and its possible causes at all times. You probably don't want to be prepared for every possibility and have all 22 medical items in the game constantly available and know precisely how to apply them. Leave that to dedicated medics.

Also, the available information is already properly organized in a helpful way that's more appropriate than a video. It can be found easily by googling or searching this forum, just like a video would be. For example in the DayZ Medical Guide where you can look up items, illnesses, symptoms and treatments. Or this great thread if you want find out what's wrong with you based on your status messages.

So... yes there might be another video, but only if it's worth doing. I don't want to do it just for the sake of doing it, going through every eventuality that may or may not be relevant to you. Eating, drinking and regeneration just are important for everyone, so I felt it was worth talking about.

I've often heard there's diminishing returns to consuming the same type of food over and over again. I'm guessing this is just a myth?

Hmm I this is the first time I read about that. While I can't be absolutely sure that this isn't the case, I have no indication whatsoever that it is. Wouldn't make sense anyway. The system is modeled to reflect reality fairly well so I don't see why they would even think about putting that in. Unless they experimented with obscene amounts of beer - this alcohol is defective, give me another one!
  • Like 1

This is amazing! I would have never thought that the eating/drinking mechanics have this kind of complexity in the current state of the game.

You should post this on reddit, this is really good stuff.

Excellent video!

I saw a green 'healing' box for the first time last night and now have the green 'healthy' box for the first time as well. All due to your video. Thank you.

Only problem I have is finding the video when I had it unbookmarked. Maybe something like 'DayZ Health System' would be easier to find. I have it bookmarked now, but tried finding the video to show a friend and had a difficult time. Just thinking about other players out there looking for a video like this, they might have a hard time as well. This video is a must have.

But thanks again, looking forward to more video's if you have any more planned. I like the format.

Only problem I have is finding the video when I had it unbookmarked. Maybe something like 'DayZ Health System' would be easier to find. I have it bookmarked now, but tried finding the video to show a friend and had a difficult time. Just thinking about other players out there looking for a video like this, they might have a hard time as well. This video is a must have.

Thanks for pointing that out! I wanted to make sure that it won't be mistaken to be covering the medical system, hence the name. I changed it a bit now to include blood and health, nmaybe it's going to be easier to find it now :)

Thanks for pointing that out! I wanted to make sure that it won't be mistaken to be covering the medical system, hence the name. I changed it a bit now to include blood and health, nmaybe it's going to be easier to find it now :)

I appreciate the thought. Thank you for leaving no stone unturned. A forum mod should sticky this thread.

dude this guide rocked, thank you for posting! A job well done! you sir, can have my beans.  

Just an FYI: I started working on a video on medical aspects to complement this one. Experiments are progressing really well and even clarified some aspects I wasn't sure about earlier so I'll probably do a revision of this video as well. Stay tuned :)

• Like 1

Until we get the ability to cook animal meat, regenerating health through eating shit tonnes of canned food is not worth the time.

Until we get the ability to cook animal meat, regenerating health through eating shit tonnes of canned food is not worth the time.

I disagree. I don't like instant gratification. I love the system as it is now, feels more real than eating a steak and being healed in 2 minutes. It makes me a better player and I have to play flawless. Zero mistakes.

I should have guessed that you'd be in TMW :)

After I found your video the other day on Youtube, I've been linking it here as often as I could.  You'll see it sporadically in a few threads.

Truly the most informative video I've seen on anything DayZ to day.  An excellent piece of work, Doctor :)

Great video and information!

I have yet to see a green tab saying healthy I did however drink water until my stomach was full

I should have guessed that you'd be in TMW :)

After I found your video the other day on Youtube, I've been linking it here as often as I could.  You'll see it sporadically in a few threads.

Truly the most informative video I've seen on anything DayZ to day.  An excellent piece of work, Doctor :)

Awesome, thanks for that :)

Yeah people join the TMW TS server as patients looking for help. They seem to go through the channel list so I keep getting random pokes, aren't you the guy with the video?

They're a great help to me as well, assisting with experiments - I'm always the test subject, mind you :D

Edited by (TMW) Merino

Nice to know more about the values. I didn't know that the energy level is so high. I'll eat my inventory empty next time I log in :) I always spam water fountain at least 15 or more times so I don't get much thirsty messages :D

Edited by St. Jimmy

You have my beans. Extremely useful guide.

You should make a second video on the health system. Your guide is extremely comprehensive and helpful, and your voice is awesome to listen to. 

Thanks for the guide.

Very nice guide. Just a question: when you are "healthy" it doesnt mean you are fully hydrated and with plenty of energy, does it? (English is not my first languange, I may have lost something here and there during the explanation)