(TMW) Merino

Merino's In-Depth Video Guides (Feb 11th: Updated to 0.34.115106 New Status Indicators, Rebalancing of Hunger, Thirst, Stomach, Blood and Health Reg)

Seriously, Merino you are the man.   :beans:

Merino I'd just like to say your effort here is very appreciated. Since I haven't seen any statistics on berry picking attempts I decided to do 15 minutes of berry picking and post the results so some people won't be discouraged by constant berry picking failures. Time is roughly 17 minutes since it took me a while to get my ending berry at 15 minutes, time for finding each berry is in seconds starting at 0 after each newly found berry. Done on Experimental Branch 36.115535 with the same bush.

31, 75, 45, 32, 37, 71, 44, 114, 45, 153, 90, 22, 255.

13 berries found in 17 minutes.

Average berry picking time = 78 seconds

Shortest time = 22 seconds

Longest time = 255 seconds

• Like 1

Merino I'd just like to say your effort here is very appreciated. Since I haven't seen any statistics on berry picking attempts I decided to do 15 minutes of berry picking and post the results so some people won't be discouraged by constant berry picking failures. Time is roughly 17 minutes since it took me a while to get my ending berry at 15 minutes, time for finding each berry is in seconds starting at 0 after each newly found berry. Done on Experimental Branch 36.115535 with the same bush.

31, 75, 45, 32, 37, 71, 44, 114, 45, 153, 90, 22, 255.

13 berries found in 17 minutes.

Average berry picking time = 78 seconds

Shortest time = 22 seconds

Longest time = 255 seconds

Seems like they tried to make this as unproductive as possible so it truely becomes a last option.

Edited by Zatilla7

Though it does take a while, you get more energy from picking and eating berries than if you run to the next potentially empty town. Last resort perhaps, but if your about to starve to death it could save your life. The water content does not help you though, and you may have to find something else for dehydration. The "red berries" did not poision me when I ate all 13 of them from that specific bush. Perhaps thats what I'll try next, test out what poision and whats not.

Though it does take a while, you get more energy from picking and eating berries than if you run to the next potentially empty town. Last resort perhaps, but if your about to starve to death it could save your life. The water content does not help you though, and you may have to find something else for dehydration. The "red berries" did not poision me when I ate all 13 of them from that specific bush. Perhaps thats what I'll try next, test out what poision and whats not.

From what I can tell, red berries are always safe and blue berries are poisonous in the vast majority of cases. However, they do not cause severe and medium food poisoning anymore but medium and light instead. Whew. That means severe food poisoning is still not active in the game and charcoal helps after eating the wrong type of berries.

• Like 2

Can you give me any details on how the Heart Attack work in DayZ? I recently encountered a player from the forms who had a heart attack, but he seems like he can't figure out what caused a Heart Attack. I'm want to check out these feature so my avatar in DayZ dosn't collapse in the middle of the game. You could try this feature in the expiremental brance on 0.37.115791.

merino saved my ass more often than my M4 

As I always say when I promote this guide in other threads "This here guide has saved my life more times than my axe or gun" the truth.

Few questions:

1. Does pain goes away on its own like shock?

2. Is there severe food poisoning? in the video guide there is only light/medium and chemical one poisoning. Has severe has been implemented since (if what cause it) or 'medium' has graduated to severe i.e. mild\severe food poisoning and chemical poisoning.

3. Can you break your arms or only legs can be broken, while arms are fractured?

Edited by Mor