(TMW) Merino

Merino's In-Depth Video Guides (Feb 11th: Updated to 0.34.115106 New Status Indicators, Rebalancing of Hunger, Thirst, Stomach, Blood and Health Reg)

Thanks to your videos I now have the healthy status.

Great, glad it helped! Stay healthy, my friend :)

Merino may i ask for more, in the name of science. You said in one of your videos that fully healed it took 5 m4 rounds to the chest to kill you. I would like to know how many it would take for a mosin/fnx45/magnum. Also if/when you can somehow find out the damage you could move forward and explain protection in the game. Such as how much longer you can survive if you have a tactical vest etc.

Also would confirm of a question that has been itching me for a while: helmets supposively they give you head protection to bullets i've never tried and if so the ballistics helmet does not offer face protection at all so wouldn't an axe to the FACE immediately unconscious you?

You may of course ask for more, but since the holidays are over and I'm back to my regular full-time job and quite a few other responsibilities, it's inevitable that I won't be able to keep up the pace of the last two weeks.

The next big thing on my list is the next part of the medical system though. The effects (or rather lack thereof) of various conditions, diagnosis, treatment, etc. It's progressing really slowly though since most effects either take a long time to develop, have a certain chance of taking different courses and may or may not require multiple treatments with either only a chance of working, requiring a dosage higher than one or only have an effect over an extended period of time. Conditions also take a long time to subside during which I can't do anything else if I don't want to obscure the observations. This takes signigicantly longer than eating a quarter of a can of sardines and running for a minute.

Sure I could just recite what can be read everywhere already, but I'd like to see the effects for myself so I can be sure of them. I cannot refute rumors going around about things that may have worked for somebody, which is often based on seeing cause and correlation where there is none in my opinion, if I cannot prove the opposite. There's nothing to be gained in that...

So, I will need some time to come up with something meaningful. But don't worry: I don't have plans to go anywhere anytime soon and Alpha is still going to be long - and then there's still Beta :>

Edited by (TMW) Merino

speaking of sickness have you found out if it is possible to have multiple sicknesses?

i only ask since i once had an infected wound, drank alcohol tinctures (not knowing at the time). The infected wound went away but i had food poisoning for some time. The food poisoning did go away on its own

I tested this twice with stage 4 red food poisoning from rotten fruit and then overdrinking to encourage vomiting. Both times the red sickness status was overwritten with the green sick of vomiting and the red text messages kept appearing. Also, water was draining at an increased rate and blood and colors were fading, the symptoms of food poisoning. This showed twice that vomiting did not clear up the food poisoning but, also that it's possible to have multiple afflictions manifesting themselves in different ways at the same time.

• Like 4

... Dad?

Note to self... don't browse the DayZ forums and drink coffee at the same time.. I think I need a new keyboard and screen now :)

Can this get pinned, please.

How this is not pinned yet is beyond my understanding

• Like 1

Not sure if this has been asked already, but what is the nutritional value of a fire axe?

In any case, well done on the videos. They are really helpful.

Edited by Badass Preacher

Well I suppose the only value of force-feeding a fire axe is an image that cannot be unseen again, no matter how hard you try.

• Like 1

Fire axes appear to make cavities in your blood container(not confirmed).

• Like 1

WOW, just started the first video, what a wealth of info.

Thank you!

Have all of my beans, Merino. You earned them.

Edit: I also rated up your Steam guides.

Edited by Ulfhedjinn

I also rated them up. You seriously deserve a platinum medal for the information you've supplied us with. Thanks so much. I'd like to see a guide about the various diseases and sicknesses.

• Like 1

Pinned. Though I might move it later to make it more accessible and visible. Helluva guide, going to watch it in full later today.

• Like 2

Merino:

Thanks for this guide! I saw your original one on YouTube. I can say it really help me to understand the hunger and thirst of DayZ SA.

These new guides are even more useful. With this understanding thirst and hunger are no longer an issue in the game for me (well as long as I can find food and water).

Thanks,

Jrein476

So one sip from canteen is 200 water (1 use = 20%?) and a sip from water pump is 100 water, did I get it right? Very good videos!!

I think the water pump is 5 milliliters(units).

Anyways rated the videos on Steam.