(TMW) Merino

Merino's In-Depth Video Guides (Feb 11th: Updated to 0.34.115106 New Status Indicators, Rebalancing of Hunger, Thirst, Stomach, Blood and Health Reg)

Very nice guide. Just a question: when you are "healthy" it doesnt mean you are fully hydrated and with plenty of energy, does it? (English is not my first languange, I may have lost something here and there during the explanation)

Yes, in a way it does - it's closely connected to the requirements for natural regeneration that I describe in the video. I wasn't perfectly sure about the criteria of those status messages, but I experimented a lot during the past few days and have a far better understanding of them now. I'm currently working on the next video that covers this topic among others, stay tuned for detailed information on this :)

• Like 1

Yes, in a way it does - it's closely connected to the requirements for natural regeneration that I describe in the video. I wasn't perfectly sure about the criteria of those status messages, but I experimented a lot during the past few days and have a far better understanding of them now. I'm currently working on the next video that covers this topic among others, stay tuned for detailed information on this :)

Well, being in doubt I'll keep eating everything everytime.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the rest of your research on the health mechanisms of the game. It's nice to see people actually contributing to the forum instead of only reducing its signal to noise ratio.

I came across a guy with a red hoodie in Berezino today, he kindly offered me a first aid kit and his M4, saying he was playing medic. Good to see there are devoted people around...

Hey Merino,

I stumbled across this on page 4 of the forums. It deserves a spot on page 1. I hope Rocket has been in touch with you. I know I would want to have someone like you close - as you add so much to the community.

You sir - are an amazing human being. I gave you some beans.... have a special meal with them. People like you make this earth an amazing place to game.

• Like 1

Hey Merino,

I stumbled across this on page 4 of the forums. It deserves a spot on page 1. I hope Rocket has been in touch with you. I know I would want to have someone like you close - as you add so much to the community.

You sir - are an amazing human being. I gave you some beans.... have a special meal with them. People like you make this earth an amazing place to game.

Stop it, I'm blushing... but here's something in return: my second video, also in the original post :)

Edited by (TMW) Merino
  • Like 6

OMG .. thanks for the update and addition!

IN all seriousness. You are awesome - hope to game with you sometime! until then .. peace and happy healing.

OMG .. thanks for the update and addition!

IN all seriousness. You are awesome - hope to game with you sometime! until then .. peace and happy healing.

You're welcome :) Well I actually don't get to "play" all that much, mostly occupied with thinking about and doing experiments in my "gaming time"... but then again, it's really just a different form of entertainment to me.

Fantastic! The clarifications on the "healthy while thirsty" glitch and what causes the blurriness were really needed. Big thanks for sharing your research and for the shout-out. Though if you don't mind, I still have some questions:

Epi-pen and defibrillator - done any testing on those? Do they work correctly? Do they cure blood-induced as well as shock-induced unconsciousness? If they just reduce shock, they wouldn't be very useful as shock decreases pretty fast, but it also wouldn't make sense for them to restore blood.

Sickness - lately being hit by zombies doesn't make me sick. Sometimes after a fight my character would moan in pain, but only until I relog. In fact, cleaning wounds with alcohol and taking antibiotics is the only thing that gives me the sick status. What's up with all that?

Breaking your legs - my experience is this: fell off a castle wall, crawled around a bit, injected morphine, got up, ran to a town, made a splint, applied it, it said my legs are fixed. But I wonder would have painkillers lifted me off the ground? And how long would have the morphine kept me up without a splint?

Of course all of this isn't as critical as what you've already covered, but it's something to think about. Thanks again for all your work.

Edited by Thoric

WHY CAN"T I GIVE YOU MOAR BEANS???? :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans:

WHY CAN"T I GIVE YOU MOAR BEANS???? :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans:

... that's enough beans for 246.4 minutes of running or 924 minutes of standing around :P

• Like 3

These video's are great! I watched your other videos the other day, and made a comment about hydrolysis of starch in uncooked rice! I have followed much of your advice, it has helped me greatly, I've been plugging your videos in one of my other topics.

dear colleague, your work cannot be recommended enough. there should be research grants flying in your face left and right for this outstanding work. i am definitely buying you a copious amount of drinks to commemorate this excellent research feat soon, since i have the priviledge of living just a 15 minutes drive away :D

These video's are great! I watched your other videos the other day, and made a comment about hydrolysis of starch in uncooked rice! I have followed much of your advice, it has helped me greatly, I've been plugging your videos in one of my other topics.

Ohhh I loves me some science, you're invited to drop by at any time and bring more facts to the table that exceed my limited expertise :D

dear colleague, your work cannot be recommended enough. there should be research grants flying in your face left and right for this outstanding work. i am definitely buying you a copious amount of drinks to commemorate this excellent research feat soon, since i have the priviledge of living just a 15 minutes drive away :D

15 minutes on the A28? I think I'll have to make sure you don't try to make it in that amount of time after the copious amount of drinks :P

Edited by (TMW) Merino

As informative as this was, I'll just stick to eating and drinking when absolutely necessary.

Unless I come across a water source or a few cans of scoff in a shop.

+Beans man.

Some amazing research you have done there, very informative and well presented too!

I took you by the word and keep eating everything I find. And if I come across a pump, I fill up to the top as well (I usually don't touch my two canteens, only on very long hikes, but even then still before I get a thirsty message). In fact, I am always at the edge of being full/stuffed/... pretty much all the time.

If only I knew when I maxed out on energy as well, then I could leave some more food behind for the next survivor.

Maybe we need another feedback that states that the trousers seem to be a bit tight-fitting :D

Edited by Rantanplan

would be nice as you only get the hungry message at 600 while the max is like 20,000.

... that's enough beans for 246.4 minutes of running or 924 minutes of standing around :P

but.... what if they where opened with a screw driver :o.

Edited by Ynneead

Even though your accent seems a bit robotic, as if it was autotuned by a 13 year old, I love the way you word things.

10/10 would science

Edited by The Aquatic Land Walrus

Just registered only to say thank you.

Awesome videos you have made for those who, like you, want to know the true mechanics running the game.

I was thinking of researching myself but I didn't have the time, now thanks to you I don't need to.

Really like these in-depth analysis and I hope there are more to come.

Maybe the next kind of unknown things are all the sickness/poisoning and so on, even though there are some guides around, intensive testing and some mythbusting needs to be done.

Keep up the nice work, in the name of science of course! ;)

Excellent vids!  It's nice to get a little scientific verification on the varied assumptions of what does how much and why.  Many beans to you sir.