Blade4777980

Is it worth buying Dayz standalone yet? [With Developer responses]

Na untrue, there are countless submods...i played that one i linked before and this one which adds tons of content. never touched epoch or overwatch. heard those are a blast.

Hi guys

I bought access to the alpha because having not played any of the versions nor any Arma games, this Stand Alone has got me completely hooked. So I would say it is definitely worth the money and well worth buying especially if you haven't played arma or arma mechanics and the various dayz mods.

Having since switched to Arma II Dayz Epoch (to get the full expected content) it's clear that the standalone removes a hell of a lot of the issues with buying multiple games/ expansions and installing all the various mods.

I'm now really looking forward to getting vehicles, more weapons etc and base building so I can switch back to Standalone. I know it lacks in content right now but the potential is UBER. They've done an amazing job with things such as open up buildings, shouldering / holstering of weapons, a much improved inventory, you just don't really appreciate all unless you've actuall played the arma II mod version which I hadn't until after getting SA.

o7

Not worth it. Zombies have superpowers, and players with a gun are just extremely stupid. Now they do not kidnap you anymore as one can see in several videos, they just shoot you on sight after making sure they are friendly. Serious, people like them have issues.

As a new player NEVER NEVER NEVER stop with someone with a gun saying they are friendly. Friendly my ass, this game is shit. things do n0t work, zombies can go through walls and players (need I say once again) are idiots. To make sure my intentions were friendly i even used the avatar name of "Hero" (as heros on this game are "good guys". never seen any of those. 

WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. I ACTUALLY HATE IT SO MUCH I WILL DO SOMETHING I NEVER DONE IN MY LIFE AND ASK FOR MY MONEY BACK.

It is not because of the alpha mode, I can live with having to figure out (as I already did) how to beat the super zombies, the only "real" bug. I regret every cent of an euro I spent on this sadomasochistic scam of a "game" because of the PLAYERS.

If you like being shot on the head by some bloody imbecile with no social skills who forgot that the game should be about (people against zombies), after you finally found out you cannot wonder in nature on this game as you WILL starve to death a nature apparently has nothing to offer you despite being nature, what forces you to go through the shooting duck gallery where I have seen one day up to a pile of at least 10 new players lying on the ground because some IDIOT had a rifle. (and I call such people idiots because they shoot new players who have absolutely nothing, not to mention that  Ammunition should be precious on such a game, another reason to call those people idiots) Calling them "bandits" is giving them an undeserved credit for some sort of aptitude, they are not there to steal and they suck at it, as you can see, their main complaint on this forum about the xzombie issue is that they cannot loot (other players) with the zombies as they are (it's a zombie apocalipse you idiots!). They are there to waste other people's time. I seriously hope the zombie issue is never fixed, as I could loot buildings fine, sometimes with up to five zombies after me, and they are veteran players, so this pretty much summons their "ingame habilities".

Then you spawn miles davis away and have to restart the process of your ending in the most stupid manner with an idiot shouting "friendly!" and shooting you down. What kind of disgusting pathetic imbecile thinks that is fun?

Having survived even that (as it is not hard avoiding an idiot with a rifle, the zombies are actually harder, but this only because they can go through walls, hide on concrete floor and run faster than players I have killed one of those idiotic players once with a shovel, and I had another one shooting at me while running around in circles untill the zombies finnished him off) you simply cannot play the aspect of forming new friends ingame because they just want to shoot at other players who ever stops to hear their plea for "friendship".

So this game is really about being a sitting target for older players. and you actually pay for that. if your thing is suffering the manic compulsive greek hell (the punishment on the hellenistic hell was having to repeat a boring endless task near its compeltion, only to have to repeat it again from scratch) this is your thing. Not mine, and I want my money back cause being: Extremely lousy players. 

• Like 1

"If that does not sound like the Dayz you want to play then don't buy this yet. "

It's sounds exactly as seomthing I would want to play. :) good story :)

If you have to ask this question than I strongly suggest waiting for a finished product, or at least Beta when it arises. This project does not need anymore angry fan-boys manning the flak guns.

Not worth it. Zombies have superpowers, and players with a gun are just extremely stupid. Now they do not kidnap you anymore as one can see in several videos, they just shoot you on sight after making sure they are friendly. Serious, people like them have issues.

As a new player NEVER NEVER NEVER stop with someone with a gun saying they are friendly. Friendly my ass, this game is shit. things do n0t work, zombies can go through walls and players (need I say once again) are idiots. To make sure my intentions were friendly i even used the avatar name of "Hero" (as heros on this game are "good guys". never seen any of those. 

WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. I ACTUALLY HATE IT SO MUCH I WILL DO SOMETHING I NEVER DONE IN MY LIFE AND ASK FOR MY MONEY BACK.

It is not because of the alpha mode, I can live with having to figure out (as I already did) how to beat the super zombies, the only "real" bug. I regret every cent of an euro I spent on this sadomasochistic scam of a "game" because of the PLAYERS.

If you like being shot on the head by some bloody imbecile with no social skills who forgot that the game should be about (people against zombies), after you finally found out you cannot wonder in nature on this game as you WILL starve to death a nature apparently has nothing to offer you despite being nature, what forces you to go through the shooting duck gallery where I have seen one day up to a pile of at least 10 new players lying on the ground because some IDIOT had a rifle. (and I call such people idiots because they shoot new players who have absolutely nothing, not to mention that  Ammunition should be precious on such a game, another reason to call those people idiots) Calling them "bandits" is giving them an undeserved credit for some sort of aptitude, they are not there to steal and they suck at it, as you can see, their main complaint on this forum about the xzombie issue is that they cannot loot (other players) with the zombies as they are (it's a zombie apocalipse you idiots!). They are there to waste other people's time. I seriously hope the zombie issue is never fixed, as I could loot buildings fine, sometimes with up to five zombies after me, and they are veteran players, so this pretty much summons their "ingame habilities".

Then you spawn miles davis away and have to restart the process of your ending in the most stupid manner with an idiot shouting "friendly!" and shooting you down. What kind of disgusting pathetic imbecile thinks that is fun?

Having survived even that (as it is not hard avoiding an idiot with a rifle, the zombies are actually harder, but this only because they can go through walls, hide on concrete floor and run faster than players I have killed one of those idiotic players once with a shovel, and I had another one shooting at me while running around in circles untill the zombies finnished him off) you simply cannot play the aspect of forming new friends ingame because they just want to shoot at other players who ever stops to hear their plea for "friendship".

So this game is really about being a sitting target for older players. and you actually pay for that. if your thing is suffering the manic compulsive greek hell (the punishment on the hellenistic hell was having to repeat a boring endless task near its compeltion, only to have to repeat it again from scratch) this is your thing. Not mine, and I want my money back cause being: Extremely lousy players. 

What ^He said.  This game is complete garbage.  Save your money for Dying Light, and or The Division.  Play the Dayz Epoch mod.  At least you will have some fun with that.  But overall this game is worthless even after being in Alpha for over 2 years.  The Devs do not listen and do the simplest of tasks, like fixing the Zombies clipping through everything.  Do not give them your money.  If they improve their performance then perhaps yes give it a try.  But not until they start seriously applying themselves.  Good luck. 

• Like 1

I bought dayz on two facts. I enjoy the game {as a mod} and was very excited to play the alpha and be part of something that is still being created, with rocket actually taking notice of what people want its fantastic. 2nd reason is the price, me being from the UK and the game only being £19.99 was a great price for something, in the end, will be worth playing and having great times on.

Right at this moment no its worse than when it was released unless you can deal with constant character wipes  that is ,and I mean constant its happening nearly every time I play.

Having played the mod and particularly DayZero for almost a year, DayZ SA is one of the worst games I've ever played. Check out the mod for Arma 2 instead of this, and even if you don't agree, at least wait half a year or more and maybe they have cleaned up the biggest problems and added in a bit of content, but now? No, don't play. Unless you are only looking for running around on the beach and talking with other players, then yeah, it's probably good enough for that.

• Like 1

What ^He said.  This game is complete garbage.  Save your money for Dying Light, and or The Division.  Play the Dayz Epoch mod.  At least you will have some fun with that.  But overall this game is worthless even after being in Alpha for over 2 years.  The Devs do not listen and do the simplest of tasks, like fixing the Zombies clipping through everything.  Do not give them your money.  If they improve their performance then perhaps yes give it a try.  But not until they start seriously applying themselves.  Good luck. 

1. DayZ Epoch is more like Rust than DayZ

2. It's in Alpha

3. It is only $30 like cmon that's nothing compared to a AAA title

and the biggest one that makes me so mad.....

4. YOU CAN'T BLAME THE GAME ON BEING BAD BECAUSE OF THE PEOPLE THAT PLAY IT!!!!!!!!!!!

like holy s**t are you a dumb or something man. In a sandbox game like Minecraft or Rust people can do whatever the game enables to do whether it is to build a base or kill other people. In DayZ however when a game gives you guns, most people are going to use them to kill other people.

Yeh sure it was cool back when people robbed people and stuff..... Oh wait that still happens because me and my mates still do it and so do lots of other people. Just cause the last few people you've met have shot you even though you're unarmed didn't rob you doesn't mean that everyone does. Hell, I hate trusting fresh spawns because I have everything to lose and they have lots to gain so what's saying they won't just punch you in the face a couple of times and steal your loot.

Seriously I would only take the opinion of someone having at least 50 hours and me having 150 I say this game is good. Not amazing right now because of the bugs and zombies but good.

It has a long way to go but eventually it will get there but seriously man you cannot say a game is bad because of the PEOPLE THAT PLAY IT

This isn't "Apocalyptic Team Survival PvE" where the only things players should do is kill zeds. Jeez that's stupid and this game would be so boooooooring if everyone was friendly helping each other. There would be no heart-racing firefights and tense moments when you're looting a building and someone walks in. IT'S APART OF THE GAME

AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT WELL GOOD FOR YOU IT'S NOT YOUR TYPE OF GAME

You should be apologizing to the devs for saying there game is bad based around the fact that you are complaining about THE PLAYERS and were an idiot in the first place for being a target.

You're right about somethings but just cause you are bad at the game and expecting to play it like a PvE zombie survival, you're going to have a bad time and complain and whinge and claim that it's bad.

Go true out infection survival stories. That sounds like the game you're talking about. This game has way friendlier people man and you just haven't been lucky enough to run into them

The game feels like it was founded on kickstart for 10,000$. Don't know why they choose to go with crappy arma 2 engine AGAIN(probably the worst game "engine" ever).Almost 4 months after alpha release game didn't change for better except couple of game breaking bugs that are gone. Talking about game mechanics/animation i have a feeling i'm playing 7 year old game.

I really want this game to succeed but a lot of that has to be changed quickly.

The game feels like it was founded on kickstart for 10,000$. Don't know why they choose to go with crappy arma 2 engine AGAIN(probably the worst game "engine" ever).Almost 4 months after alpha release game didn't change for better except couple of game breaking bugs that are gone. Talking about game mechanics/animation i have a feeling i'm playing 7 year old game.

Shhhhh......it is an ALPHA :)

In my opinion, yes.

It's only gonna get even more expensive in the later stages. So save your money and buy it now! ;)

It doesn't use the Arma 2 engine? It's a modified version of the take on helicopters engine.

And yeh as the other guy said it's in Alpha

• Like 1

I would say no. The game has been in alpha for 2 years, its built around arma 2 mod yet is not able todo even basic geometry corect like a wall and the ground being solid to zombies. The rubberbanding can become horific and the ability for items being traded to magically vanish is stupid. The bulk of the playerbase think that forcing freshly spawned players to drink bleach whilst they surround you with 5-7 of there fully geared mates is funny but infact is sadistic and the poor fact that the main gameplay is infact run around for a few hours to get geared and then camp against other players as there is basically nothing else todo at this stage.

I would suggest getting arma 3 and playing epoch mod on that and then have the free ability to play the original arma 3 and also atlis life mod meaning that if you get bored of one you can flip and jump between the mods and originals. Because the point blank fact is that Dayz standalone just does not stand up against arma 3 and its mods for gameplay and community of players. dayz SA may get better but its not there yet and is basically full of sadists.

Edited by Shingara

I'd say no.  The game has been fundamentally flawed since the start anyway.

Seriously though, no, not until a lot more development has been done is it really playable.

Yes buy it nothing more nothing less

Edited by msgninja

It doesn't use the Arma 2 engine? It's a modified version of the take on helicopters engine.

And yeh as the other guy said it's in Alpha

that's basically the same arma 2 angine with very few modifications.

In my opinion, yes.

It's only gonna get even more expensive in the later stages. So save your money and buy it now! ;)

or it will be a total failure and you'll lose your money and your time, right?

do NOT buy it, play the mod or arma 3 BP.

what's your computer configuration? potatocore with 128mb of RAM?

shitty video is shitty.

To help with development: yes

To save money before final release: yes

To bitch and moan about a game in alpha: no

I would say no. The game has been in alpha for 2 years, its built around arma 2 mod yet is not able todo even basic geometry corect like a wall and the ground being solid to zombies. The rubberbanding can become horific and the ability for items being traded to magically vanish is stupid. The bulk of the playerbase think that forcing freshly spawned players to drink bleach whilst they surround you with 5-7 of there fully geared mates is funny but infact is sadistic and the poor fact that the main gameplay is infact run around for a few hours to get geared and then camp against other players as there is basically nothing else todo at this stage.

I would suggest getting arma 3 and playing epoch mod on that and then have the free ability to play the original arma 3 and also atlis life mod meaning that if you get bored of one you can flip and jump between the mods and originals. Because the point blank fact is that Dayz standalone just does not stand up against arma 3 and its mods for gameplay and community of players. dayz SA may get better but its not there yet and is basically full of sadists.

You say Sadist like it's a bad thing. ;)