Blade4777980

Is it worth buying Dayz standalone yet? [With Developer responses]

If you like a survivalist game, I say don't get it.    If you like just another military game I say get it.

If you like a survivalist game, I say don't get it.    If you like just another military game I say get it.

I disagree. DayZ is a survival game.

But unlike in Holywood movies you won't survive in supermarket or in the city/military base/airfield/hospital etc.

To survive in DayZ you gotta move inna woods. The problem is that many people try to pull out Holywood scenerio and gets wasted.

To be honest, despite my extreme passion to edit DayZ SA to something more unique when (if) it will be possible. I wish that dayz sa will stay in his current state as much as possible! The fact that there aren't vehicles and not many guns is great. When vehicle will be added, half of the map will be building their base and the other will be DMing each other across the map. The devs job is to balance the features in order to make this situation impossible in the future. If they do that dayz will be the greatest game in history (after pacman champion edition).

I disagree, vechicles and bases will give players something to do and reduce the assholes who KOS all day

Further to that, don't forget once released maps can be imported from Arma hopefully we will see Altis and other maps that are larger and better suited to bases + vechicles.

My favourite map is Altis, I also like Napf and Tavania, i hope these 3 can be played eventually!

Dont know where to ask, so ill just post it here. Will there be private hives eventually?

And if someone could explain why are they bad? 

As a arma mod player i never saw any downsides of private hive...on the contrary they are hopper free, which is a big + for me in a survivor game.

Thank you.

Nah, it is incredibly boring right now.

And all they do is add meaningless buildings. Yay, now instead of 2 boring samey buildings to not loot there are 3 of them to not loot.

Mod and it's mods are still 10x more fun with more content and interactivity.

• Like 1

Nah, it is incredibly boring right now.

And all they do is add meaningless buildings. Yay, now instead of 2 boring samey buildings to not loot there are 3 of them to not loot.

Mod and it's mods are still 10x more fun with more content and interactivity.

DyaZ Standalone is a sandbox game and that means game will not entertain you but you have to entertain yourself

• Like 1

I think when cars come this game worth money. But if they make veichles very very rare like akm gun.  Instead of buying this game, you better to throw your money to bin or give someone who need money 

Well considering how many bugs and problems there are most people would say no, or they would try and leave. 

But what makes me stay is each time I kill someone I have this little spark of hope, that he is one of the pacifist or kos whiners on this forum, and that I made them rage quit the game, and come here to whine some more. 

That alone makes me feel like the game was worth every single penny. 

How many innocents have you killed? How many more have to die?

The killing will never stop!

Edited by General Zod

If you like buttsex, buy it. Just have in mind that you will be on the receiving side.. not the giving one. Sometimes it will get bloody and painful :(

And forget about more than 20fps(electro), unless NASA build your gaming pc..

Edited by Nienko
  • Like 1

If you like buttsex, buy it. Just have in mind that you will be on the receiving side.. not the giving one. Sometimes it will get bloody and painful :(

And forget about more than 20fps(electro), unless NASA build your gaming pc..

Not true. DayZ is very gentle and is using lube.

Instaled after about ~6 months not playing it. Spawn, found food, sks, ammo. No zombies to be seen. All good so far. Went to Electro... Got a message that my cpu is somehow overheating, wtf?

Ok ignore that and 20 frames that I am getting on the 6 core 4.2ghz and r9280x.

Running along searching where the shots comming from when I hear someone shouting friendly friendly. That friendly guy proceeds to draw a gun and start aiming at me, so I unload 10 rounds to his upper body. Nevermind that he still fires 2 shots with his mosin and I end up on the ground with broken legs. I reload my sks, 10 more rounds fired at him, he starts screaming something in french and falls down unconscious. Ok I think, now I got him. I try to reload my sks.. and it bugs out. Dont know if because of the lag or what ever the fcuk is happening. The guy wakes up, I am still reloading, thats about 20-30 seconds after it bugged. He shoots me in the face and says fcuk you ass****.

Its worth buying I think.

Edited by Nienko
  • Like 1

Not true. DayZ is very gentle and is using lube.

That lube is made of chilli cause and small pieces of grinded glass.

But its Alpha, right?

Instaled after about 3 months not playing it. Spawn, found food, sks, ammo. No zombies to be seen. All good so far. Went to Electro... Got a message that my cpu is somehow overheating, wtf?

Ok ignore that and 20 frames that I am getting on the 6 core 4.2ghz and r9280x.

Running along searching where the shots comming from when I hear someone shouting friendly friendly. That friendly guy proceeds to draw a gun and start aiming at me, so I unload 10 rounds to his upper body. Nevermind that he still fires 2 shots with his mosin and I end up on the ground with broken legs. I reload my sks, 10 more rounds fired at him, he starts screaming something in french and falls down unconscious. Ok I think, now I got him. I try to reload my sks.. and it bugs out. Dont know if because of the lag or what ever the fcuk is happening. The guy wakes up, I am still reloading, thats about 20-30 seconds after it bugged. He shoots me in the face and says fcuk you ass****.

Its worth buying I think.

Beans for cool story bro :beans:

Anyway as you not been playing for 6 months then I'll update you that there was new feature added to the game, that is the weapon hit boxes.

That's right your gun can now be destroyed/damaged while in your hands and this was probably why you got stuck on reloading it.

Well,look
Now this game is earlier alpha release and its nearly 30£
We get new patch/update almost every week...

When they fully finish the game,when there is no more things to add/fix,when the warning about Alpha version release when u start the game is gone,when all alpha release shit is gone,what do you think,..how much will the game cost? Around 50£ if not even higher.
So yea,its totally worth buying now,and there are some bugs and glitches,but the game is really entertrainable.

• Like 1

Is it worth buying Dayz standalone yet or should i wait for it to mature so it's less buggy and more playable??.

Just buy it.

Well,look

Now this game is earlier alpha release and its nearly 30£

We get new patch/update almost every week...

When they fully finish the game,when there is no more things to add/fix,when the warning about Alpha version release when u start the game is gone,when all alpha release shit is gone,what do you think,..how much will the game cost? Around 50£ if not even higher.

So yea,its totally worth buying now,and there are some bugs and glitches,but the game is really entertrainable.

it wont get more expensive, stop repeating it. SA was even on steam's sale not much time ago with 30% discount.

I picked it up yesterday because I know that when the game is out of alpha/beta I would buy it anyways. I'm guessing the release price will increase, and even in the small chance that it's the same price, at least I got to participate in the development of the game.

If I get bored, or annoyed with the bugs, I can play something else for a few months and then come back.

• Like 1

What other game allows you to sneak up on someone trying to open a can of tactical bacon with an axe and then you handcuff them, only for you to strip them of their attire and force feed them disinfectant while you are blaring Justin bieber songs over direct chat as a form of torture, then teabagging them as you yourself are only wearing underwear? When you are done you force him to watch his friends (if he has any) stab each other with knives that my friends provided to them while under armed guard to see who will survive the onslaught. Then when they fail to answer your questions you can just break their leg, and leave them cuffed while you skip off on your merry way doing the happy surrender wave dance.

(Trying to explain this to someone who has never played DayZ got me a raised eyebrow.)

Edited by archamedes
  • Like 1

In it's current state, I can't recommend buying this game to anyone. 

Immature community with no admins or devs enforcing any control.

Really bad melee combat with zombies attacking you from long distance & facing the wrong way.

Very strange zombie behavior, some you can sneak by others agro you from so far away you cant see them,

Had 1 follow me from electro to cherno!

Went through more than a score of houses, across fences, locked it in houses, lost sight of it for up to 5 mins at a time, it always found me

Unkillable zombies, most can be taken out with 1-3 ax whacks, some you can NOT kill. Hit one with an axe more than 2 dozen times(25 to be exact) it managed to break my arm, both legs, cause bleeding and knock me out then kill me. Another I shot 22 or 24 times with a shotgun before he killed me.

Running from zombies, the server does the "haven't heard from server in X secs" & logs off. Log back on & you are now a new spawn as something killed you.

Personally, glad I only wasted 30 bucks.

Wait at least a year before investing any money in this game, it might be worth it by then, ............................................ maybe.

This is the minimum video card you want for DayZ or going into a city will be a miserable experience...

http://www.amazon.com/PowerColor-AXR9-270X-2GBD5-TDHE-OC/dp/B00HA3444I/ref=sr_1_11?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1406918037&sr=1-11&keywords=R9+270X

This is the Radeon R9 270X or about equal to a Geforce GTX 670.

Otherwise your PC build looks pretty good except that 6 core is a waste for gaming, no games use more than 2 cores and an i5 at 4ghz will blow away an AMD at 4.2ghz for gaming.

Edited by JT111

Fucking annoying bugs, game breaking things because they haven't implemented the mechanics at its full potential yet, hackers, ugly as fuck and out of proportion interiors, lack o vehicles makes this game sometimes a walking simulator, melee sucks so hard its not even funny etc, etc.

But it is one of the best multiplayer experiences I have ever had, totally worth it 10/10 would buy again. Just wait till this beauty comes out of alpha, beta and becomes gold, fucking GOTY man. Seriously, you should buy this because is so unic man, great game. The PvP relations are pure videogame gold, you will not find this anywere else.

Edited by Avant-Garde

NO do not buy until at least late late beta.

As it is, it will simply turn you off of BI completely. Right now they, IMHO, rate somewhere between NCSoft & EA

Edited by mortaug
  • Like 1

To everyone who says "it's pre alpha" NO it's not

As survivor stated better than I ever could :

If you really want to contribute, refrain from bestowing your amazing input of "PS it's an Alpha".  If you really want to be technical about it, the Alpha happened when SA was completely in-house at Bohemia, the Beta came and went when Bohemia sent a few copies out to have non-Bohemia players start testing the game.  What we have now, what we all purchased and currently play, is the released version of DayZ Standalone.  Is it complete or finished?  Nope.  Is it an Alpha phase in any practical sense of producing and testing games in the past 30 years?  Nope.  Please try to refrain from blatant ignorance in your responses.

• Like 1

To everyone who says "it's pre alpha" NO it's not

As survivor stated better than I ever could :

So now you're calling Bohemia and Steam liars because they both clearly call this an "Aplha"?