Blade4777980

Is it worth buying Dayz standalone yet? [With Developer responses]

So now you're calling Bohemia and Steam liars because they both clearly call this an "Aplha"?

Note "calling" anyone anything. Just agreeing 100% with what ANOTHER paying customer said.

If you don't have enough reading comprehension for that . . . .  . . well that's you problem, not mine.

P.S. just because you call a turd a rose. it's still crap.

Edited by mortaug

Note "calling" anyone anything. Just agreeing 100% with what ANOTHER paying customer said.

If you don't have enough reading comprehension for that . . . .  . . well that's you problem, not mine.

P.S. just because you call a turd a rose. it's still crap.

Well clearly you've proven to be intellectually challenged if you truly believe what a person who paid $30 has to say about a game that has a warning blaring into your face before you even clicked the purchase button or any other time you play the game.

One thing is for sure, this game developing mode sucks so hard its not even funny. Good times when games would take up to 6 years in development, but we get a finished product and something really polished. Shitty model for the customer, gud to get easy money.

Game is fun anyways.

Edited by Avant-Garde
  • Like 2

The official DayZ standalone will be out on year 2015, and don't expect too much from this game. The developers considered this kind of game is out of date exactly, and they were not sure make this game as a major game on 2015, they built something else for 2015. Disappointed?why not, it's just business kind of thing.

The dayz start's from arma 2 as a mod, came on this will not be a major game on 2015, there will be something else. The thread question is 'Is it worth to buy this stand alone game?"who sell this game?you will not found it.

If you ask 'So I have to give up on this game?" the answer is 'Why?you want to quit playing?it's your decisions'

So will the developers make the stand-alone and sell it on 2015? -> I guess not. Just play the alpha mod and enjoy it.

'So...' Shut up!just play the game, take it or leave it!

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone honestly, and for the most part its due to the player base.  While the game itself has lots of potential, 95% of the people that you will encounter treat it just like any other deathmatch game, making most of the things that make it unique and attractive meaningless and irrelevant.  This game is made for prepubescent campers (yes they go up to 40 years old now!), plain and simple.  It's inaccurate to just blame the community, however.  This game was developed for those individuals.

You'll hear people talk about the different kind of people you'll encounter, sorry...  they're lying to you.

Its all KoS all day everyday.  ON BEHALF OF THE KoSr's though, it's really not like there is anything else to do in the game, zombies are few and far between, and laughable at best, as is combat with them.  A game like this can only be as good as the community makes it, and they DayZ community has made this game shit, because... well... the DayZ community is, in fact, shit. (deal with it nerdz)  If this game was 5 dollars I'd advise you to buy.... maybe.  For as long as its been in "alpha" as so many of the fan boys like to reiterate (they're probably the camping KoSrs that want you to buy so they can snipe more bambies FYI)  It would take another 2 years for these people to turn this into a 30 dollar product.  I'd say the devs need to do a good long study on the value of a dollar, however I know they're just milking the cash cow now...  I can't blame them I guess but it always gets to me.  What happened to devs who made games for the players above the money?  For a game supposedly so immersed in realism how the hell can I not survive a 4 foot fall anyway? Is Dean Hall a cripple who's afraid of heights, like falling off his front porch?  Also how many hits with a crowbar do you think it takes to crack a zed cranium with a crowbar? This game has nothing to do with realism, and everything to do with inaccessibility.  As it is in development I won't talk about the bugs, but the bugs are really the least of this game's problems.  Don't buy this thinking it is anything but deathmatch with hunger and thirst, because that's all it is, and the weapons and ammo are too scarce for that, as well is the map too large for the max players allotted.  Lay 30 dollars in front of you and watch it burn, that'll be money better spent.

Did you have to make another account just to post this drivel?

You really shoudn't buy the game at ALL.
Cause I have a feeling the devs are going to screw things up SO BAD.

There is no way DayZ will be able to run at 60 or even 30fps on the ps4 unless there is some serious graphic changes. It really makes me wonder what the f**k the Dev team are doing with their time. The stand alone isn't even nearly complete and they are already saying that DayZ will be coming to next gen. This was a ridiculous move that the Dev team pulled off as now people have to wait atleast 2 years for the console version to come out, knowing the Dev's history. 

They haven't released BETA yet and now they are announcing the game for NEXT GEN!?!?

Edited by KiskilleAcronym

I also think it's bullshit that they are announcing PS4 version when they aren't even halfway finished with the PC. I wonder if they are going to try to sell PS4 Alpha version on PSN like they did with PC and just make money that way. I believe the devs already made more than enough money through the sales of Alpha, which has sold more than 2 million copies few months ago. I bet they sold a few hundreds of thousands more since then.

I start to doubt about whole idea of cooperation between survivors. There will be too few strangers that you can put your trust in. This game if would be finished is fun when playing with your friends (trusted players). As lone wolf, after 360 hours of playing, I started to play S.T.A.L.K.E.R - amazing game that fits my needs. (not to mention Misery Mod)

Edited by lucianpin

If you are buying the game for the experience...yes. It is. 

If you are buying the game for your next Call of Duty replacement...no. It is not. 

• Like 1

Also, surprised by Rocket's response, even if it was made in December, this gave has made amazing strides since then.

Edited by Rags

I've been watching DayZ for a few months, and recently really started considering buying it. However, after watching some streams on Twitch recently, it seems like the hit detection is simply horrible, and zombies are bugged so much it looks like they should be pulled out of the game temporarily.

Is it really this bad or was I watching some unlucky people playing the game or what?

The DayZ Community

cwsVcRQ.jpg?1

Join us. We have beans. 

• Like 2

Well, here is my two pence worth. This game in my opinion is probably worth buying. There are a lot of game designers out there who have discovered the potential of the Dayz idea and at present copying the principles of it, Sony included. Rocket had to put this game into early (Alpha)release because lets face it, it costs a lot of money to design a game and even his pockets weren't bottomless, he need backing, help and finance. I followed Dayz development blogs , videos, everything I could find when I heard it was coming out as a standalone. Release dates were never stated because the game wasn't ready. Then one Christmas which seems ages ago... BAM, released on steam. Brought it, played it and started to love it. Now saying that there are a lot of problems. I work in IT and know that any update has to go on a development server first for the coding to be written. Once the coding has been done and is approved it then gets moved to a test server. I then have to test and even try to break it. Then once I am happy with the update I approve it and it goes into production.

Here is my beef. It seams that every time we get an update for Dayz, we take 5 steps forward but 2 or 3 steps back. Meaning, they fix issues and put new things in the game but end up breaking something that was already fixed in a previous update. In patch .49 patch we have the return of invisible zombies, people trapped in or under buildings, Blank video screens (have to press configure, video and close) to see the screen properly, and many more that we saw fixed previously. May I suggest these updates have a really good testing before they are released and not rushed out to try and appease players because we have not seen an update for sometime.

game is being made, not finished.

if you've ever owned a track car or ever built a car to the end, you'll know that it takes a long time.

you start with a shell, than have to find everything to fit into it, seats, motor/s depending on your luck with heads, rims, turbo choice, cam choice.. hell.. i could be here for a while, BUT, once you start your car you've built for the last few months of year of however long it takes, and you do that first lap around the block with no bonnet on and no exhaust, you just cant get rid of the grin on your face.

in closing; dayz is being built, and created. it is not finished, it is still being worked on daily. just like building a car, but everytime a new update comes out, it is one bit closer to doing that first lap around the block. buy it, support it, shut the fuck up with the complaining about the bugs, and just understand that it is something you yourself, could never of done.

• Like 2

Even if you don't like how the game is at its current state, the purchase gets you the finished game.

May as well get it while is Cheap.

Here is my humble opinion as a person who never before participated in Alpha stages of a game until I bought DayZ. Which was a week after Steam release. So I have seen it all. The bugs, the updates, the anger and the joy. The estatic happines of the community in the morning of each new update. The many "we quit this game" threads to the point admins pinned it to the top of the forums.

Your question, after watching the videos, admiring the idea, being worried about bugs -

Do I buy the game now or wait?

Buy it now.

Why?

DayZ has an element no other game has. Paranoia.

Ever played ANY horror game at night and felt that?

Now multiply that feeling x10 in intensity and try to imagine you feel like that for 2 hours constantly.

Ever start hearing things in-game that are not there? Dayz will do that.

Ever shit your pants 5 times in 1 minute? Dayz will do that.

Ever felt your heart pounding at 160 beats per minute after being in a firefight with your legs going numb? Dayz....

That is what you get by buying DayZ:) I recommend.

Now the bugs. They brake immersion and they make you want to give up. But the Paranoia feeling never disappeares intrestingly. Even with bugs. And makes you come back every time.

I am very critical of games and cant stand some of the new titles out there - far cry boring after 10 minutes, battlefield not realistic, cod-lol, conter-strike is great but gets boring after a while ect.

Dayz makes you keep coming back. Longest brake I took was 1 week.

Edited by Calvin Candie
  • Like 2

Day z is worth buying and playing as long as you come into it with the understanding that you are going to experience bugs and glitches that can result in your character being wiped or killed at any time.  You'll probably have a lot more fun with it if you have a group of friends to play with, or if you're going into it for the social experience.  It can be fun solo too though, just don't get too attached to your equipment.

DayZ goes through stages.  Release 0.46 was indeed playable and almost at the level of a finished game (many features were not included but the game was complete).  The current release, 0.49, is heavily bugged concerning hitboxes and melee fighting -- I find it almost unplayable.  So if you want to buy the game to be part of the development process, go ahead; however, be warned that playing can be quite frustrating.

I would wait, for buying the game, that these main bugs (player & zombies hitboxes, body temperature, dry/wet status) are fixed.

Edited by Robert Neville
  • Like 2

Personally, I'd still only recommend to buy it if the respective person wants to actively participate in the development process, at least by reporting bugs. Hence, I'd recommend to only play experimental branch as that is the "real" platform and reason this game was released as an alpha.

The devs even said it themselves, the "stable branch" is for people who want to have a more stable gameplay. But honestly, the "stable branch" does not really live up to its name, does it? But anyway, in my eyes experimental is where impacting changes happen.

Edited by Heeeere's Johnny

Despite all the warnings, I don't think that most people understand that^ at the time of purchase. Most has no incline as to what the vague terminology 'early access alpha' actually means, with at most experience with big public betas.

I wonder how many less complaints would have been if, the warning would have been worded differently e.g.

Instead:

WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME

Something like:

WARNING: THIS GAME scheduled for 2016, this is EARLY development build. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME

Despite all the warnings, I don't think that most people understand that^ at the time of purchase. Most has no incline as to what the vague terminology 'early access alpha' actually means, with at most experience with big public betas.

I wonder how many less complaints would have been if, the warning would have been worded differently e.g.

Instead:

WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME

Something like:

WARNING: THIS GAME scheduled for 2016, this is EARLY development build. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME

Doesn't matter.  It could have said WARNING: THIS GAME IS BROKEN AND DOESN'T WORK.  PLEASE DO NOT BUY.  People would have still purchased it and bitched and whined about it.

I think it does. While there are always those who express their dissatisfaction poorly. This goes for everyone around, those who "bitch and whine" about the Game and those who "bitch and whine" about those who "bitch and whine".

If people were more informed about the process, there would be far less less of them making vocal claims based on incorrect information and it would certainly be more productive than after the fact a horde of smug fanboys screaming\chanting at them Alpha Alpha!!! like some lawyers pointing an obscure technical clause in one of those long disclaimer that 99.99999% of people click away without reading.