boneboys

DayZ PS4 Discussion

BULLET PONITS!!

• Porting Any PC game to this generation of consoles and vice versa will be a cakewalk, they are the same machines. There is a bigger architectural difference between my intel box vs my amd box than my ps4 vs my amd box.
  • Any "dumming" down will be on the console side. And since we are the #pcmasterrace who cares.
  • A CONSOLE PORT WILL MOTIVATE THEM TO FIX THE GAME! Bare in mind there would be little motivation to polish this game now that we have all already paid for it. We can only hope they don't do the early access thing on PSN.
Edited by Bakermensch
  • Like 1

the game he wants he sold it. hes already gone soon. if he wanted it as he said he would of stayed until completion kept pc soley. this just shows its a business a product.

i understand why its alot of money anyone would do the same but dont make out this wont have an effect on the game it will. SA has.

the mod was fresh SA was just made so deals like this with sony could be done and make it more saleable.

if you look at this project on the whole the mod is the success it sold the SA which is pretty shitty to play. thats just the truth. if it would of been the other way round and the SA come first man this would of bombed !

i wish you luck dean you sold well and the idea worked towards your future. cant take anything from that.

i love the idea of DayZ originally the mod was awesome some of best gameplay ever had ! cant deny that but the SA has been nothing short of terrible. only reason its sold is because the mod was so  good lets not kid ourselves.

What serious?? sorry man the rose tinted glasses are obviously a little dark...

The mod was fantastic but you seem to forget when it came out it was buggy( very buggy) the zed pathfinding was bad really bad the performance on peoples pc was um bad very bad with no hope of getting better due to it being on a older game ( no control of the devs to make it perform better than arma 2 did merely lower the impact of there own scripts making it run worse...)

It didnt have alot of features honestly it was fairly barebones when it rolled out.

Hmm alot of that sounds fairly close to the SA doesnt it?

Its buggy very buggy but hey we aint out of alpha yet it ment to be buggy. Zed pathfinding is bad but hey we already turned a major corner with that its getting alot better now ( oh not to mention the zeds can actually run inside something they never could do in the mod which made them easy to shake.

PC performance hmm its not great but id say its already better than the mod and with the 64 bit servers being tweaked now and dx11 to be used it will look far better and perform way better on more pcs( the mod is never going to get more optimized infact it will only get worse as they add more scipts to it to add in more features as they cant do it at the engine level.

Features yeah we a little short on features thus far but what features we do have are done in a far better way as they dont need to script them in.. Melee is not a gun firing with a near 0 range with a ganky animation tacked on ( oh how i loved reloading my axe)

So on and so on . Serious man maybe your love of dayz has gone you like me have probably been playing it since early 2012? thats a long time on  a game because seriously if you think the mod is better than where the SA is going then you have lost it....

• Like 3

On the other, I am a little confused on several points. One being that the development will be parallel but shared. That seems a tad odd. I would have thought that you have a dedicated platform team (ie: 1 PC, 1 PS4) with the main team developing the actual game and it's resources. Maybe that is how it is to be done, but from what I read it seems to be 2 teams with advances made on one being ported over to the other.

Basically what that means is that if the console team uncovers an issue/makes an improvement in certain area, they then can let the PC team know and they will do the same/similar things on PC. Progress made on console advances the PC version this way. It could obviously be the other way around of course.

Basically what that means is that if the console team uncovers an issue/makes an improvement in certain area, they then can let the PC team know and they will do the same/similar things on PC. Progress made on console advances the PC version this way. It could obviously be the other way around of course.

Hey, hasn't Bohemia also successfully ported RV4 to the consoles? Does this have anything to do with the sudden announcement of a DayZ console release?

I have no preference nor any special insight into how this will work with BIS. I have done software development that has needed to be tailored to different platforms (tablet, embedded and web) and while there is clearly less divergence between those platforms in comparison to console/PC, but we found the best way to work it was to have the core project being worked on by the majority of the team (assets and code) while 3 smaller teams were responsible for taking the generic code and tailoring it to their relevant platform.

Reading the outline it sounds like there will be two separate teams, which will only overlap when there is an advancement on one side, which seems a little too encapsulated in order to create a generic product over several platforms, but then I am sure BIS know what they are doing as they certainly have more experience in game development than I do.

Out of interest does anyone else have an opinion on Sony putting money into H1Z1 but at the same time allowing a direct competitor to be developed for their console?

Out of interest does anyone else have an opinion on Sony putting money into H1Z1 but at the same time allowing a direct competitor to be developed for their console?

Good idea really. A lot of people without a half decent PC have wanted to play DayZ for ages, I for one was going to wait for it to come to PS4 but couldn't wait so got early access.

I think it will probably turn out like PVP game = DayZ PVE = H1Z1

DayZ will stay a deathmatch and people who want to explore and build will go H1Z1, probably play both.

I prefer the look of H1Z1 to be honest but I'll get DayZ too since it will already be optimized, my computer has a fit over DayZ even though it easily runs it at medium to high settings the "optimal" settings seem to be low for everything...even though it appears to make no difference to frame rates etc...

So not having to mess around with that crap is a huge plus.

I'm just hoping the "upgrades" or whatever that will be on the PS4 version aren't things like a shop and other pay to win features..

If you've been around for a while, this does not come as an surprise. 

Rocket's always said that this will hit other platforms, he's also said, that it wont take priority and that it probably wouldn't get developed in house. I believe he said something to the effect of: If someone wants to develop a DayZ version for other platforms, be it Casio wrist watches or Tibetan wind chimes, I'm all for it, but it wont be me and it wont be at the expense of the PC version.

Some of you guys seem to have forgot that when you bought the Standalone in December, it said in ALLCAPS: ALPHA and it also said "wont reach beta for at least a year."

• Like 1

Dean seems to have said everything I wanted to hear, same roadmap, it will be a different team, no dumbing down.

I hope he keeps his word, because EVERYTIME people tell me what they aren't going to compromise on, they're pretty much making up a list on what they think that can compromise and get away with later.

I really hope we don't get a bunch of "No that aspect of the game wasn't dumbed down, we planned on it being that way from the start"

I hope that this means that there will be some serious optimization coming in the near future, because as it stands, on an i5 OC @4.2Ghz and a GTX760 I am getting 15-17 fps in towns, which makes it virtually unplayable.

Not sure what the implications of the new renderer are for visual fidelity and performance, but hopefully a marked improvement for both.

• Like 1

For those who say this is good for BIS for cash flow, you are STOOPID. DayZ has sold over 2 million copies at $30, if you take away Steams cut and more, that is still mega-millions. Silly gooses.

Hmmm....it will be the other way around...the Console users are the elitist, since this game is currently in PC and is being develop in the PC... for PC's...The reaction you seeing is normal, considering how many people have spent money in the "Early Access" in the PC platform of Steam. Isn't going to be many people happy with Steam or BI for having people founding a game for Consoles.

I've basically bought the game twice already (arma2/SA) And im happy to hear the game will some day be available on PS4 which is a nice piece of kit.

Idk who these "many people" who wont be happy with Stream or BI just because a different team will be working on a PS4 port. Its pretty childish and selfish to get worked up over something so silly.

• Like 1

What serious?? sorry man the rose tinted glasses are obviously a little dark...

The mod was fantastic but you seem to forget when it came out it was buggy( very buggy) the zed pathfinding was bad really bad the performance on peoples pc was um bad very bad with no hope of getting better due to it being on a older game ( no control of the devs to make it perform better than arma 2 did merely lower the impact of there own scripts making it run worse...)

It didnt have alot of features honestly it was fairly barebones when it rolled out.

Hmm alot of that sounds fairly close to the SA doesnt it?

Its buggy very buggy but hey we aint out of alpha yet it ment to be buggy. Zed pathfinding is bad but hey we already turned a major corner with that its getting alot better now ( oh not to mention the zeds can actually run inside something they never could do in the mod which made them easy to shake.

PC performance hmm its not great but id say its already better than the mod and with the 64 bit servers being tweaked now and dx11 to be used it will look far better and perform way better on more pcs( the mod is never going to get more optimized infact it will only get worse as they add more scipts to it to add in more features as they cant do it at the engine level.

Features yeah we a little short on features thus far but what features we do have are done in a far better way as they dont need to script them in.. Melee is not a gun firing with a near 0 range with a ganky animation tacked on ( oh how i loved reloading my axe)

So on and so on . Serious man maybe your love of dayz has gone you like me have probably been playing it since early 2012? thats a long time on  a game because seriously if you think the mod is better than where the SA is going then you have lost it....

they have added unimportant features spent too much time on what is still behind the mod.

the mod was simple majority worked fps is worse on SA in certain areas.

it highlights that money doesnt make a game better .

i think that sa will get better but wont be as fun as the mod or be great performance wise. look at arma games thery are bad in general . why is dayz sa going to be any different ? it isnt.

i got raid ssds oc cpu close to 5ghz decent card come to small town yesterday 20 fps ! LOL.

its just the engines these guys use. they wont get much better you know it i know it.

yet on breaking point and the like looks as good 45 minimums 60 average thats with 200 zombies walking in front of you not two in hut un middle of nowhere.

yes breaking point uses arma 2 code but the point is dayz didnt need to try and fancy it up ! it was all about the fun and simpleness and it was cool at that point to play and new.

all the time spent trying to make it cooler and money doesnt work ! this should of been realized and just made the basics work and work well.

thats why i said many times make it on the arma 3 engine or just tweak the older mod.

imagne if they had just stuck to the older mod made more vehicles and done base building better and tweaked zombies. would of been better to play finished just not made the cash for BI and rocket and thats the whole reason . the Dayz francize needed to be cashed in needed to be sold to people as we have what we needed but it was free. that doesnt help them so SA was done to get that money that was there to be got.

• Like 1

This hacked up piece of dog shit will now be sold to PS4 and Xboxone players....Boy theyve been thirsty for it and have no problem throwing Dean and them more money.  This game will never be finished i assure you.  Once Dead is gone this game will be watered down garbage....Not that Dean was going to make it any better.

They know the game is garbage and coded horribly, they are all about sucking more money.  Dean once said he wouldnt even think about a console version until they were happy with the PC version.....So i guess hes happy with this trash.

It is horrible that this game has failed.  With all that money they could have made a whole new game and still had more to spend.

They are taking money and running.  The writing is on the wall err Reddit.

Happy Hunting!

• Like 1

They were, what's your point?

Dean is making it sound as if certain, pre-announced features are the making solely of cross-platform support only recently announced. IN fact, now that I remember, it seems to me as if the 64 bit servers were what was letting the respawning and permanence of loot.

Just seems odd to "announce" something for a second time. He is making it sound as if the PS4 is the reason 64 bit servers are possible.

Dean is making it sound as if certain, pre-announced features are the making solely of cross-platform support only recently announced. IN fact, now that I remember, it seems to me as if the 64 bit servers were what was letting the respawning and permanence of loot.

Just seems odd to "announce" something for a second time. He is making it sound as if the PS4 is the reason 64 bit servers are possible.

Yeah.. it sounds like an excuse...considering that PS4 servers are actually computers, not consoles.

So if two teams are working on this...is it not possible that the PS4 version could be finished first?

Imagine how funny it would be if some other developers in the PS4 team pulled that off.

If each team is fairly independent I guess it is possible depending on who's on the PS4 team if it's nobody from Sony they'll probably hold back until the PC version is done.

I kinda hope it doesn't go on Xbox or at least Xbox gets a version tailored for them rather than the PS4 version ported to it, because then they'd have to lower the game so it works on both consoles equally which would be lame, like how cross gen titles are watered down.

I wonder what the servers available will be like? I doubt many of the PC gamers will get it on PS4 so will it really get that much attention? Hopefully servers aren't ghost towns.

Then again zombies are still a fairly popular genre.

So if two teams are working on this...is it not possible that the PS4 version could be finished first?

Imagine how funny it would be if some other developers in the PS4 team pulled that off.

If each team is fairly independent I guess it is possible depending on who's on the PS4 team if it's nobody from Sony they'll probably hold back until the PC version is done.

I kinda hope it doesn't go on Xbox or at least Xbox gets a version tailored for them rather than the PS4 version ported to it, because then they'd have to lower the game so it works on both consoles equally which would be lame, like how cross gen titles are watered down.

I wonder what the servers available will be like? I doubt many of the PC gamers will get it on PS4 so will it really get that much attention? Hopefully servers aren't ghost towns.

Then again zombies are still a fairly popular genre.

Let me get my crystal ball... ah!, there it is...

Sony uses BI to get the DayZ fans in the PS4....they put millions of barriers in the development....and once everyone have a PS4 and no one is playing the PC version....they release H1Z1 and steal both the idea and the player base...BI ends up with nothing, and Sony with millions of cash...

That is what my crystal ball is saying.... :emptycan:

Let me get my crystal ball... ah!, there it is...

Sony uses BI to get the DayZ fans in the PS4....they put millions of barriers in the development....and once everyone have a PS4 and no one is playing the PC version....they release H1Z1 and steal both the idea and the player base...BI ends up with nothing, and Sony with millions of cash...

That is what my crystal ball is saying.... :emptycan:

To be honest I think it's more like the BI team are ready to abandon DayZ and Sony's just salvaging it so it gets finished for at least PS4.

Well guess this is the end.  With this announcement it is completely understandable why the PC gamers have been mislead.  No communiction other than apparently lies while they were planning to do this for a while.  No wonder our PC control devices no longer work with the game.  Explains a lot actually.  What a waste.  Too bad they took the PC communities money first....

Well guess this is the end.  With this announcement it is completely understandable why the PC gamers have been mislead.  No communiction other than apparently lies while they were planning to do this for a while.  No wonder our PC control devices no longer work with the game.  Explains a lot actually.  What a waste.  Too bad they took the PC communities money first....

Huh, I never thought about the controller thing...

Btw was that first 2012 announcement actually legit?

If that's legit i don't get the recent announcement...did the gaming community just forget or something? Or was it merely hinted at?

Huh, I never thought about the controller thing...

Btw was that first 2012 announcement actually legit?

If that's legit i don't get the recent announcement...did the gaming community just forget or something? Or was it merely hinted at?

From what I remember it was more of an answer to that question given at one of his interviews.  His answer was more of just throwing it out there in an effort trying not to exclude the console community as opposed to a real YES we are going console.

60mil gross isn't even close to a low-med budget game. AAA titles have budgets rivalling and surpassing movie budgets.

This isn't some 8bit indy game and they probably start around the several mil mark.

It's already made a buzz here, and Dean/Marketing should be pushing it in their own insidious ways.  Sony it seems, has simply accepted the game into the fold, rather than made a straight purchase it seems, so everyone's winning at the moment.

Wait and see.

edit: may have been talking out my ass a little. upwards of $20mil in '10, with a range between $20-100mil, people in '09 expecting xb/ps games to exceed $60mil into 'next gen' titles.

sauce:

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Video_game_costs

http://gamedev.stackexchange.com/questions/4518/how-much-does-it-cost-to-produce-a-major-video-game

http://new.spring.me/#!/EdmundM/q/301489874349862452

Edited by q.S Sachiel

ITT = Fanboys in denial as always

Can't believe I backed a console game. Haven't touched a single one since 1996.

It's so depressing that I think im gonna get drunk

It makes me laugh when PC folks claim you can't aim accurately with a game pad controller.  Seriously, lolz.  YOU can't do it because YOU use only a keyboard and mouse setup.  IF you have ever tried you probably sucked at it and vowed to never try again!  

Its just like any peripheral kids, the more you use it, the more you train, the better you can get with it.  

Some folks can use both, some are born with a controller in their hand, others a mouse.  It's all preference.  Anything else is just subjective semantics.  Stop quoting mouse sensitivity stats also.  Just because the mouse is capable doesn't mean you are.

Zoinks.    

• Beans 1