boneboys

DayZ PS4 Discussion

To be fair, I remember consoles being talked about a while ago by Rocket... Not a huge amount of concern then.

Now it's actually been officially announced everyone goes apeshit.

I have no problems with consoles... i have few myself. BUT... some games are made for PC, others for consoles. For example, i never liked Shooters in Consoles because the mouse feels more natural for aiming...But i prefer racing games and RPG's in consoles. Some games belong in PC, others in Consoles... is that simple.

I also use a controller... but also lots of buttons in the keyboard and the mouse. If this game goes to Console a big part of the game functionality will be lost. Just look at the games that are the other way around, ported from console to PC.. like State Of Decay for example. 

i use a xbox 360 controller and can do EVERYTHING that you can do with mouse and keyboard, so i don't see the issue or any need for controls needing to be changed a bit for consoles.

I have no problems with consoles... i have few myself. BUT... some games are made for PC, others for consoles. For example, i never liked Shooters in Consoles because the mouse feels more natural for aiming...But i prefer racing games and RPG's in consoles. Some games belong in PC, others in Consoles... is that simple.

i don't really see how that makes any sense, i play my pc all the time and a good chunk of the time i am playing on my TV while using a 360 controller, only games i see that are really made for pc are RTS games, and even some of those work well on console (halo wars)

i don't really see how that makes any sense, i play my pc all the time and a good chunk of the time i am playing on my TV while using a 360 controller, only games i see that are really made for pc are RTS games, and even some of those work well on console (halo wars)

If you see a PC shooter level of skills compared to a Console shooter is actually shocking. Consoles are like watching an old men trying to play professional football...and PC's are like super athletes in steroids. The mouse is just "superior" when it comes to aiming.

Edited by Cpanther

The announcement of a PS4 port is worth it for the reactions alone from the PC elitists. Ontop of that Dayz will be available on PS4 someday.

The announcement of a PS4 port is worth it for the reactions alone from the PC elitists. Ontop of that Dayz will be available on PS4 someday.

Hmmm....it will be the other way around...the Console users are the elitist, since this game is currently in PC and is being develop in the PC... for PC's...The reaction you seeing is normal, considering how many people have spent money in the "Early Access" in the PC platform of Steam. Isn't going to be many people happy with Steam or BI for having people founding a game for Consoles.

I would be really surprised and amazed if Dayz is optimized in both platform.

I guess it would be easier to do that on a single platform (PS4).

I really hope this is not a move away from pc gaming. 

And please no extra-dlc content or exclusivity...

Don't turn this into devil.

I would be really surprised and amazed if Dayz is optimized in both platform.

I guess it would be easier to do that on a single platform (PS4).

I really hope this is not a move away from pc gaming. 

And please no extra-dlc content or exclusivity...

Don't turn this into devil.

In that case.. they can have Sony founding the development of DayZ, and refund the millions of cash that people have already giving them to develop the game for PC's. This is the type of crap that is giving Indie companies a bad reputation. 

I can think of very few instances where the change of direction of going multiplatform, didn't impact on the PC development in a negative way. For a start, I cannot see how they can totally translate this game to a 8 button controller, something just has to give in terms of functionality, or it gets "streamlined" (that dreaded word for PC gamers).

This is bad for PC Gaming as a whole.  PC Gaming needed games like DayZ to keep it alive.  Big business has succeeded.  Good bye PC Gaming.  

This is bad for PC Gaming as a whole.  PC Gaming needed games like DayZ to keep it alive.  Big business has succeeded.  Good bye PC Gaming.  

PC Gaming is better than ever in terms of new idea and product (except AA title..). It was not the case a few years ago. 

In my opinion of course.

Edited by Papanowel
  • Like 1

I can think of very few instances where the change of direction of going multiplatform, didn't impact on the PC development in a negative way. For a start, I cannot see how they can totally translate this game to a 8 button controller, something just has to give in terms of functionality, or it gets "streamlined" (that dreaded word for PC gamers).

I can't think of any....Console games ported to PC have always terrible functionality. Big companies with HUGE resources can develop games for multiple platforms...but... i don't think that is BI's case.

This only good for PC, the new consoles have many weak x86 cores this time round, this will result in better performance for us, more money for bi to make a better game and quicker. Its win win imo. Its a pc game going to console not a console game coming to pc....

PS4's hardware is likely better than a lot of the people who complain about lag in cities. Because let's be honest, if you lag in cities there is definitely something wrong with your system (not enough RAM, insufficient graphics card, etc). That being said, I'd only play a game like this on PC. You simply cannot play a first person shooter on a console the way you do on a PC. Put a console player head to head with someone who's got keyboard and mouse and the PC player would smoke them every time.

I'm rocking i7, massively overclocked 670 and 16gb RAM, my friend's rig can run BF4 on two monitors at least 120FPS on Ultra etc, I have another friend with at least two 780s, 32GB RAM and a hex-core i7 and we all suffer some lag on DayZ at some point as it's mostly server side. Your argument was literally just you trying to be Mr high horse/trying to throw a cat into the pigeons. 

Console games ported to PC have always terrible functionality. 

Luckily this is a case of a console version being made along side a (prioritised)  PC version. not  just a straight up port.

• Like 1

Hello there

Porting to consoles has been on the cards since the beginning.

It wont have any more impact than we have already seen.

Any "dumbing down" will have already happened.

PC OFP did not suffer due to the console conversion, nor will DAYZ.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

i love console for certain kinds of games but DayZ no thanks this is just another way to squeeze every buck out the name

OFP on xbox came years after it was released on pc ;)

true, true.

My point is that there's no reason to be a gloomy gus about it. These are they guys who bought us the game. Why would they change it? Dean is a right bugger about making the game he wants, he's an incredibly hard taskmaster with his team and what they are producing, he's not about to throw all of that away.

Im not worried at all.

If he goes mad and adds rainbow ponies and fairies THEN ill start to worry.

Rgds

LoK

This only good for PC, the new consoles have many weak x86 cores this time round, this will result in better performance for us, more money for bi to make a better game and quicker. Its win win imo. Its a pc game going to console not a console game coming to pc....

SA sold 2/3 million copies did this make SA any better ? NOPE ! mod is still better developed on shoestring. money doesnt make games good.

the Dayz train has gone. game will be dulled down for the masses this is just next stop.

• Like 1

true, true.

My point is that there's no reason to be a gloomy gus about it. These are they guys who bought us the game. Why would they change it? Dean is a right bugger about making the game he wants, he's an incredibly hard taskmaster with his team and what they are producing, he's not about to throw all of that away.

Im not worried at all.

If he goes mad and adds rainbow ponies and fairies THEN ill start to worry.

Rgds

LoK

the game he wants he sold it. hes already gone soon. if he wanted it as he said he would of stayed until completion kept pc soley. this just shows its a business a product.

i understand why its alot of money anyone would do the same but dont make out this wont have an effect on the game it will. SA has.

the mod was fresh SA was just made so deals like this with sony could be done and make it more saleable.

if you look at this project on the whole the mod is the success it sold the SA which is pretty shitty to play. thats just the truth. if it would of been the other way round and the SA come first man this would of bombed !

i wish you luck dean you sold well and the idea worked towards your future. cant take anything from that.

i love the idea of DayZ originally the mod was awesome some of best gameplay ever had ! cant deny that but the SA has been nothing short of terrible. only reason its sold is because the mod was so  good lets not kid ourselves.

I can't think of any....Console games ported to PC have always terrible functionality. Big companies with HUGE resources can develop games for multiple platforms...but... i don't think that is BI's case.

Team Fortress 2 is the only one that springs to mind, which was given a terrible EA port to consoles (maybe that's karma for PC gamers everywhere).

Been away for a few days and came back to find this announcement. On one hand I have "I told you so smugness" after predicting a console version sometime near the end of December last year - after all BIS need to make money (and no harm in that) and the early access and the £20 price tag will have "robbed" them of a fair chunk of the master race revenue. On the other, I am a little confused on several points. One being that the development will be parallel but shared. That seems a tad odd. I would have thought that you have a dedicated platform team (ie: 1 PC, 1 PS4) with the main team developing the actual game and it's resources. Maybe that is how it is to be done, but from what I read it seems to be 2 teams with advances made on one being ported over to the other. Secondly what is the score with Sony? They have put money into H1Z1 and the last thing they need is a competitor for that and with the way consoles can block titles being developed they could easily have done so with DayZ on the PS.

I am in two minds about the benefits of the development but as I say I have been expecting such an announcement for the last 6 months. Just a bit of a shame that the PC version has taken (or will take) some considerable side steps in order to get to where we are as it's still very much an Alpha and while PC gamers can live with that I don't expect console owners who expect a polished title from the off will be so accommodating.

They were, what's your point?

Your math appears to be  a bit off. <_<

I've added up 2014 +3 and I get 2020 everytime....