boneboys

DayZ PS4 Discussion

I want to believe Dean when he states that the PC won't get the shaft. However I have been burned before. The most recent time was when DICE stated that Battlefield 3 was PC lead platform. Anyhow after the release and many broken promises (lies) to the community later someone eventually asked a DICE dev a direct question saying "we thought BF3 was PC lead platform", to which the dev responded "at the time, it was".

To be honest I've never encountered a more dishonest, unprofessional bunch of devs than those that spun those lies before the BF3 launch.

STOP BEING PARANOID ITS DOESNT HAPPEN EVER :lol:

Ill add a counter point.

It is the worst possible thing to happen to dayz.

• Being on a console they have to make considerations for console players thus limiting the game on pc.
  • Being on console they have to restrict the controls to the very limited functions of a controller
  • Being on console now they are diverting resources and money much of which came from pc gamers into a console version.
  • Being on console the game will now be dumbed down to meet the pallete of the average console gamer. IE. Caliber dumbing down and reluctance to add 5.45x39, 9x18 makarov and 7.62x54r
The news of a console port of dayz is not good for anyone but Sony. It will only end up with a Dayz that is only half as pc focused as it could have been.

The game will get dumbed down even further now

Wrong - the console version is being developed by a different studio altogether (and dean stated that all results will be shared within the two studios , I.e there will be no "unique features" for either PC or console version , they will both be exactly alike except Maybe for inventory system ) and the console version is being prioritized lower than the PC version , rocket already stated that "dumbing down the PC Version " will not happen , and that everything will be exactly the same except for things like inventory layout cuz there's no mouse involved ...

and even when rocket leaves at the end of the year i adamantly believe that bi won't just stop working on the PC version just to complete the ps4 version(or dull it down because by then the games out of alpha stage so there can be no "dumbing down " ) ... Oh and anther big flaw in your thought process : dayz for ps4 won't be out or playable until at least the middle to end of 2016, and by then dayz on PC will be far past beta lawl !

Also playing on a controller : not as "impossible" as you may believe . You should do some research before posting because before the .47 update I occasionally played with a controller (.47 update for some reason broke the use of controllers ), and I used almost every key binding by having certain actions be a combination of two different buttons on the controller , so I have all my single buttons bound to certain keys/actions and then I'll have my inventory hot bar 1- 10 activated by holding down left trigger(or right trigger ) and pressing one of the d-pad directions.

So for people who believe that controllers can't be used with this game or the inventory system you're wrong ( I even set up my mouse to be my right analog stick so with a controller I could control the mouse in the game AND in the inventory , it was just a tad. Bit slower than normal ) and for the people who truly believe the PC version is going to be "dulled down" or forgotten about you need not worry cuz in my opinion , even if Bohemia was the greediest company out there and just wanted to make a big buck off of reissuing dayz to consoles they wouldn't make the mistake of ruining the PC dayz because that's where it all started and that's where the fan base lies (as everyone agrees console gamers are usually more casual and cannot deal with certain things like bugs and such so why on earth would Bohemia studios or dean decide to just push dayz to consoles without completely finishing dayz on pc , or at least get it through to beta ) ? Answer is they wouldn't , simply because this (dayz) is their brainchild , I mean besides arma 3 bi doesn't have much out there that's this popular , they will not fuck it up cuz they know this is their chance to finally have a great PC game Ported to console.

TLDR: have faith in Bohemia studios and dean

, they ARE NOT dice or EA studios , so let's not pretend just because battlefield was a monstrosity that dayz will be the same way , that's like comparing apples and oranges and anyone who does that should not be taken seriously . Lay off of all the flaming ( cuz that's all this community does ) and start getting excited for something that EVERYONE wanted from the start (except for those snobby types that still believe it will ruin PC version , lawl).

Edited by Grapefruit kush

cod 1 started on pc then ....money then console. never ever say they wont do that they love their product. very few follow that in this business.

joypads can be used in many games very easily even if they dont support it via other progs like xpadder and the like.

do a poll ask if the project has been too slow, ask if you think the resources has been effiicently used. ask if they think with the resources at hand do you think the game could of been better than it is at this stage. ask if people are worried about the multiplatform .

Do it yourself bro , you can make a poll you know , if you're so confident go ask.. I guarantee your attitude will be repeated through a small handful of like mjnds but to be honest not many are cynical towards the devs as you may think .

I know things that are planned don't always work out but for the console to just "takeover" the PC development simply because they wanna make more Money doesn't make sense to me because Bohemia is an ... HONEST studio , we all know that ELECTRONIC ARTs are crooks , we've known that forever now, let's not let all the other corrupt studios out there smear our view of a company that's done me right for 3 years now (bi) all the way back to the first mod I played (dayz breaking point) ...

And yes A lot of people will say the development went too slow but what does that have to do with anything ? PC version is being worked on by the original crew and the console version isn't even slated until 2016 and is also being developed by another separate team,so I guarantee you this game (PC version ) will be done by then (as in totally finished by December 2016 no doubt ) and the only thing that needs to be done to the PC version at that point is some updates here and there ( and hopefully some expansions).

• Like 1

okay battlefield for prime eg . pc was very publically made out to be the main focus. big interviews saying " dont worry we are making the pc the main platform." then just before the game was due to come out guess what ?  sorry we lied ! console is main priority :lol:  everyone knows about this the videos are quite famous now, often ridiculed for the blatant lies told by EA and DICE.

so no paranoia see it often. money route cause of the lies.

bf came out playstation had the exclusives weeks in front of pc as they had paid for it ! just like microsoft has with titanfall rececently another title done exactly the same yet pc priority ruined by console features. also new tombraider announced maybe doing same cause of microsoft. theree is quite a few new titles doing it.

as said its not paranoia dont try and make out it doesnt happen it does . we know why its money. simple as.

i hope it doesnt happen to Dayz but i wouldnt be supprised if consoles did take over the version as they do sell so many more units.

Have you played the console version of BF4?

It's still pretty broken, while the PC version runs smooth.

The console version got some DLC early so what? It hardly means they abandoned the PC version the console version just gets more money put behind it, so more people are contracted to work for it.

It's not like they could get 100 million from Sony and Xbox and then just say sorry bro's we're going to use that for the PC version and finish the console version in a few years, they are hired to make the game for consoles and do their job.

So I'm not sure what's so bad about doing the job they're paid for, again.

Plus things change so what if there were some promises are we all 5 year olds or something? Nothing is ever absolute in business.

The PC version will no doubt get more support after both are released too console updates are somewhat rare, PC versions are always tweaked and made better patches come out for them way sooner.

Like I said before, many of the 'concerns' would be valid if we were talking about ps3 but this is ps4,

-----------the ps4 inside is an x86/gcn *PC*---------------

ie this will be good for us!

The only downside I forsee is there will be dirty peasants joining/posting on our boards! (****joke****) 

Edited by con635
  • Like 1

I can't help you with your paranoia. That's something you need to sort out yourself.  ;)

Not the best PR answer I would say. However, this unrest within the community has it's grounds in the past, as other companies have done this move again and again (declaring all hands on deck for the PC version and then switch focus down the road) or have gone into console exclusive stuff or content; even CDPR did the last bit with physical content. And I get it, you are in the business of making money out of your work which is understandable, but just as Bohemia makes judgments call when buying something, so do we, as consumers.

In the FAQ section Dean said:

Q: How will this affect PC development?

A: Console versions gave us the opportunity to do more things than we originally planned, such as DX11 and 64bit support to name only a few. PC gamers will get all the benefits the console gamers get, for free. It also guarantees that we must hit a particular performance target. It's a win win scenario. DX11 was never part of the scope, it requires a massive investment and replacement of the engine. Adding other platforms (no just consoles!! Ie Linux) allows scope to be increased. This means we can develop features for one platform it ALL can share. PC roadmap continues on independent. Other platform development has actually assisted PC development. Example : 64bit servers was done entirely by other platform team.

Now THAT is just non-sense. What was the point of the stand alone if not future performance improvements targets, most of them driven by DX11, 64bit and so on? And why was DX 11 such a big problem when you ALREADY had it in ArmA 3 engine, why not use that one? I suspect some in house licensing stuff, but who actually knows.

Content wise, I doubt any of the community modders would have said no if Dean asked them for assets to be implemented into the mod. Fix somewhat the zombies and there you have it, the mod making a stand alone WITHOUT any significant improvements (especially performance wise, where RV engines always suffered), pointless - even that nasty lighting system which is broken in ArmA 3 as well.

Also the buyers were expecting that their money were put to good use into developing the PC version full throttle, with all devs working on that and not for another platform they have no interest in - more so, when development seems to come to a snailing step. Announcing PS 4 port and starting to work on it after the job was going to be done on the PC, it would have been something else. After all, you've made from this Alpha until now, and still going strong, almost as much as Star Citizen. Of course, if the support from Sony represents the only resources devoted into making Day Z a thing to PS 4, then fine. As a consumer I don't see at this moment any impediment for the PC version with that in mind. But you have to consider, a lot of users are quite rightfully doubting that.

Personally I've bought a lot of your games, including ArmA 3 and Day Z, starting from the Alpha state. I'm hopping that after this troublesome birth, the game can truly shine and be a polish product, somewhat a new beginning for Bohemia and their products. Best of luck to you! :)

Like I said before, many of the 'concerns' would be valid if we were talking about ps3 but this is ps4,

-----------the ps4 inside is an x86/gcn *PC*---------------

ie this will be good for us!

The only downside I forsee is there will be dirty peasants joining/posting on our boards! (****joke****) NOT FUNNY

Edited by Bakermensch

cod 1 started on pc then ....money then console. never ever say they wont do that they love their product. very few follow that in this business.

joypads can be used in many games very easily even if they dont support it via other progs like xpadder and the like.

Please don't ever say cod1 again.  It's vCoD(vanilla).  Just saying...

I'd also like to state that I believe the console DayZ will be completed before the PC version.

Edited by SwitchSL

Yeah the new gen consoles are basically PC's anyway now.

Heck my PS4 is more powerful than my crappy Alienware X51 :facepalm:

I like how people tend to bash consoles as instantly inferior clearly without looking up the specs, almost as though they judge them on the 360/PS3 specs.

Will they put controller support back on the PC version? Think that annoyed a lot of people.

The main thing I hope they don't do is make it H1Z1 by making it free to play and adding in micro-transactions, I want to be able to buy it and have a disc and then either get a DLC in future or have the option to rent servers.

• Like 1

well, thank you for ruining the game just for making more money (like if you sold only few pc versions),

Heck my PS4 is more powerful than my crappy Alienware X51 :facepalm:

I like how people tend to bash consoles as instantly inferior clearly without looking up the specs, almost as though they judge them on the 360/PS3 specs.

I mean you no ill will sir, but I find this post ironic to say the least. :(

Awesome! I find it funny for PC players, they're only complaining because they don't have a PS4, nice!

• Like 2

I mean you no ill will sir, but I find this post ironic to say the least. :(

I'm not saying my PC is high end or anything just that the new gen consoles are easily as powerful as a today average+ PC for less money. To get a high end PC you need to spend well over 1000 and people act like everyone would find it worth it when just no, quality of the game over the quality of the graphics. Both would be nice but how often does that happen? Not very.

Well, I never thought I'd be posting in a section like this here..

...So soon. 

:|

Awesome! I find it funny for PC players, they're only complaining because they don't have a PS4, nice!

People, who already have DayZ on PC, are complaining because they don't have a PS4

makes total sense

• Like 1

I'll just leave this here..

I'm sure that's legit.

Especially the buttons on the main menu, cos there wouldn't just be a highlight bit you move around with the D pad or analog...

Soon after I handed down my old gaming rig to my son,the PS3 became obsolete and is now home to a family of spiders.

Buying a PS4 would be adding a second story to the spiders apartment

Did ANYONE read the FAQ? I guess not, because according to Dean Hall "The PS4 version of DayZ WILL NOT affect the current experience for PC users. In fact, it will benefit the PC version - DirectX 11, 64 bit, better visual experimentation.

Now guys, don't pretend to be experts in game development, marketing, and console developers... because most of you probably aren't.

• Like 1

Did ANYONE read the FAQ? I guess not, because according to Dean Hall "The PS4 version of DayZ WILL NOT affect the current experience for PC users. In fact, it will benefit the PC version - DirectX 11, 64 bit, better visual experimentation.

Now guys, don't pretend to be experts in game development, marketing, and console developers... because most of you probably aren't.

Well the"current experience for PC users" is less then average and the fear is that it might stay that way for some time.

Going to consoles is the breaking into the big time market with a lot of dollars at risk.

What would you give most attention to?

Edit

No offense to Rocket,but listening to what he has to say is on par with listening to the president of the US in the last month of their second term.

They on their way out and the next to take over the reins might not have that vision for DayZ PC .

Edited by AussieBobby

Have you been around Dayz for awhile? You take what Dean/BIS say with a grain of salt. There is no weight behind it. For those who can't figure it out its empty promises and and revenue. :( makes me sad