boneboys

DayZ PS4 Discussion

Terrible video... but "some" valid points, i do agree that the "story generator" needs some working before it goes to the PS4.. actually... it needs some working full stop. Most of my "stories" ends up with a "You are dead" screen.. followed by a "What the fuck just happen" and a " You will respawn in 30 seconds, please wait". But terrible video for the most part.

I remember tweeting at Dean Hall after he announced he was leaving the Dayz Project at the end of 2014. He didn't reply. 

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/197046-how-to-set-up-xbox-360-controller-with-pinnacle-game-profiler/

there was another thread which looked very good by some guy who had mapped a whole set of macros and buttons (list of code given) for a specific program which emulates the keyboard to the controller.

Can't remember name, but it was something obsucre (seaching remap / button map gives actual map hits) walked back 21 pages manually in general and couldn't see it. It's an obscure name but i believe incorporates the name of the program used to do the code/emulation.

Also several players here have stated that they use the microsoft controller or 3pp controller, so i dont' see any issue with console support.

It will just come down to the experience you're limited to through commands, and the access that is allowed with regards to actions performed that the devs will hard-code in.

• Like 1

Nice, I was wondering how the game would feel with an xbox360 controller. And since I'm usually too lazy to even sit in my chair playing from my bed is great :D

is it going to be cross platform? it would be nice to play with some friends that for some reason will not get a PC and prefer consoles. and also if we think there are rage fueled folks now wait till the console kiddies join us it'll be T-bag city.

is it going to be cross platform? it would be nice to play with some friends that for some reason will not get a PC and prefer consoles. and also if we think there are rage fueled folks now wait till the console kiddies join us it'll be T-bag city.

Doubt it not many games are.

I think the controller mapping will be fine, looking around could be achieved with either right analog click to toggle it or by holding R1 or something then moving the analog in whatever direction, it's in and works in quite a few games.

There aren't really that many commands to worry about.

It's the inventory I worry about, will it be like a mouse cursor or a highlighted box? I think it should be the latter a cursor would be too slow and often you need speed when switching out gear, I hope they make it nice and responsive.

Doubt it not many games are.

I think the controller mapping will be fine, looking around could be achieved with either right analog click to toggle it or by holding R1 or something then moving the analog in whatever direction, it's in and works in quite a few games.

There aren't really that many commands to worry about.

It's the inventory I worry about, will it be like a mouse cursor or a highlighted box? I think it should be the latter a cursor would be too slow and often you need speed when switching out gear, I hope they make it nice and responsive.

same thing just bumper scroll up / down i reckon with click and locked drag command so you just click twice and it's where it needs to go.

Will be interesting to see where they go with the more finesse motions like reloading a weapon to still allow you to do that in combat with reliability.  I'd expect a different interface (dean even said the scroll function may disappear for PC) and most functiosn being keybind, with only specific crafting or 'use' commands for the inventory.

same thing just bumper scroll up / down i reckon with click and locked drag command so you just click twice and it's where it needs to go.

Will be interesting to see where they go with the more finesse motions like reloading a weapon to still allow you to do that in combat with reliability.  I'd expect a different interface (dean even said the scroll function may disappear for PC) and most functiosn being keybind, with only specific crafting or 'use' commands for the inventory.

That would be great, people will moan that it makes it "Too easy" but in a gunfight who wouldn't have their ammo easily accessible? It would be in a pocket for you to take out in seconds you wouldn't have to go through your whole backpack after running in a building and hope you find a mag. Unless you were extremely lucky to not have died yet but it wouldn't take long if that was how you operated...

I guess since you don't need triangle, square, circle etc they could just be used for functions in the inventory menu, such as drop and combine and either it shows known "recipe's" or you just select another item that goes with it. Definitely wouldn't need the scroll menu.

Sorry but you are absolutely 100% incorrect in your statement.  There are many, many vids showing just the opposite.  Do you realize why they never allowed crossplateform gaming on the console with the PC for the FPS like they had planned.  The best console players got their hats handed to them by mediocre PC gamers.

It makes me laugh when PC folks claim you can't aim accurately with a game pad controller.  Seriously, lolz.  YOU can't do it because YOU use only a keyboard and mouse setup.  IF you have ever tried you probably sucked at it and vowed to never try again!  

Its just like any peripheral kids, the more you use it, the more you train, the better you can get with it.  

Some folks can use both, some are born with a controller in their hand, others a mouse.  It's all preference.  Anything else is just subjective semantics.  Stop quoting mouse sensitivity stats also.  Just because the mouse is capable doesn't mean you are.

Zoinks.    

Is DayZ going to bring out an exclusive controller with 24 buttons to have all the controls you have on a mouse and keyboard?

It hardly needs that many most of them can be done by holding one button and pressing another.

Like instead of num pad 7, 9, 1, 3 for looking around, R1 + analog or maybe even click analog for free head movement.

The only thing I'm not sure about is adjusting the range for guns, touchpad I guess. It can work as multiple buttons.

Coming SOON! in a store near you. 2021 

My theory is it won't even come out and will be cancelled. They will have to make the graphics so low, and optimise it to the limits.

Coming SOON! in a store near you. 2021 

My theory is it won't even come out and will be cancelled. They will have to make the graphics so low, and optimise it to the limits.

*sigh*

Once again a PS4 is more powerful than my PC which runs the game decently well at very high graphics when it's not even optimized, there's no way the PS4 can't handle it it's only a taxing game because it isn't optimized.

Considering their financial situation I doubt Sony would back it then drop it so it'll definitely come out for PS4 but maybe they'll drop it on PC, or just rush it.

*sigh*

Once again a PS4 is more powerful than my PC which runs the game decently well at very high graphics when it's not even optimized, there's no way the PS4 can't handle it it's only a taxing game because it isn't optimized.

Considering their financial situation I doubt Sony would back it then drop it so it'll definitely come out for PS4 but maybe they'll drop it on PC, or just rush it.

I agree with you sir I think some of these guys should play metal gear solid ground zeroes the graphics are simply beautiful makes my PC look like crap and its not choppy or laggy runs smooth as silk. another game is silent hills it looks ridiculous too I think the ps4 will do just fine on the hardware side of things myself. me personally I'd love to own one and eventually will because a lot of my friends aren't PC type of folks and I like to play games with them and now I might have a chance of playing dayz with them which I thought wasn't going to ever happen.

I agree with you sir I think some of these guys should play metal gear solid ground zeroes the graphics are simply beautiful makes my PC look like crap and its not choppy or laggy runs smooth as silk. another game is silent hills it looks ridiculous too I think the ps4 will do just fine on the hardware side of things myself. me personally I'd love to own one and eventually will because a lot of my friends aren't PC type of folks and I like to play games with them and now I might have a chance of playing dayz with them which I thought wasn't going to ever happen.

Yeah people don't seem to get that no games really use the hardware high end PC's have and that the reason a lot of "next gen" games look like shit is because they've been either bad ports or lazily designed, not that the hardware can't manage it.

They've only scratched the surface with the new consoles it happens every generation, the first PS2/Xbox games are uncomparable to the last ones, PS3/360 same deal. The first games on any system always suck except maybe a few.

It's all up to the developer.

• Like 1

Don't expect Xbox/PS 3 to happen again. Sure, the games will look somewhat better, however in order to be on the same level with previous gen at launch time, these new ones should have been fast 8cores CPU (probably 3,5-3,8GHz), 8-16GB RAM and a 780ti or something GPU, some fast SSD, etc., which means quite high end parts.

With that said, yes, they can cut or reduce a lot of stuff to fit the consoles standards, plus some optimizations it should be ok.

Don't expect Xbox/PS 3 to happen again. Sure, the games will look somewhat better, however in order to be on the same level with previous gen at launch time, these new ones should have been fast 8cores CPU (probably 3,5-3,8GHz), 8-16GB RAM and a 780ti or something GPU, some fast SSD, etc., which means quite high end parts.

With that said, yes, they can cut or reduce a lot of stuff to fit the consoles standards, plus some optimizations it should be ok.

I think that's a bit of an overestimate. 

Edited by Death Dealer