boneboys

DayZ PS4 Discussion

I know it's because of money, but why do all the companies have to have StupidStation/lameBox releases? PC gaming is deteriorating while consoles get to live on last decades technology... Also inb4 "consoles are good today" and "consoles is not slowing down the evolution".

Probably because all you guys pirate their games and they lose tons of money where you can't pirate on consoles really unless you mod it so it has a computer OS.

Of course console games are pirated...but still on PC.

Don't act like all PC gamers are great people, there's more money to be had in the console industry because we can't steal from it and there's a lot less hackers(the kind that hack games)

Probably because all you guys pirate their games and they lose tons of money where you can't pirate on consoles really unless you mod it so it has a computer OS.

Don't act like all PC gamers are great people, there's more money to be had in the console industry because we can't steal from it and there's a lot less hackers(the kind that hack games)

Consoles can be hacked, console games can be pirated...in fact the Sony Network sucks and already have been hacked multiple times... Also...maybe... just "maybe"... people won't pirate games so much if companies stops trying to sell crap for over the top prices... or stops trying to scam people with things like ; F2P, Early Access, Open Beta... and so on.

Lets be honest... gaming is not in the golden era right now... microtransactions and greedy companies are ruining the industry.

• Like 1

Are people really still using the "pc gamers are all pirates" stereotype? Why do you think people lose their shit over Steam sales? If everyone pirated their games then nobody would care

Are people really still using the "pc gamers are all pirates" stereotype? Why do you think people lose their shit over Steam sales? If everyone pirated their games then nobody would care

The sales are probably needed so that people hack less.

Consoles can be hacked, console games can be pirated...in fact the Sony Network sucks and already have been hacked multiple times... Also...maybe... just "maybe"... people won't pirate games so much if companies stops trying to sell crap for over the top prices... or stops trying to scam people with things like ; F2P, Early Access, Open Beta... and so on.

Lets be honest... gaming is not in the golden era right now... microtransactions and greedy companies are ruining the industry.

You can't pirate ON a console, it's all done on PC is what I said not that only PC games get pirated.

It's not that SEN sucks it's that there are tons of hackers trying to hack it all the time. Microsoft has been hacked plenty too people like keeping quiet about that though.

Not every PC gamer is a hacker or pirater but you can't deny that they're the main things hurting the gaming industry.

I find that pretty pathetic "I have a $4000 PC hurr durr console peasants can't afford to join the master race durr!" *illegally downloads games daily*

N7qMsWA.jpg

That doesn't explain why valve still makes a shit load of money from steam even when sales aren't going on, which is most of the year. It's nice to not spend the full amount for games every now and then, most people aren't made of money. Have you ever noticed how often the "Top Sellers" list fluctuates?

it has to do with making money, and has nothing to do with preventing pirating. AFAIK the game publishers themselves make agreements with valve on how much to discount the game, usually to get more people to buy it

Out of my many years of playing games on PC, I've never once pirated a single game. It's nowhere near as mainstream as you make it out to be, which is why you always hear people talking about how many games they've bought off steam, and not how many games they've pirated

Edited by Death Dealer
  • Like 1

Ohh my, you are so blind - go on now, you have no solid arguments. As stated before, I bet the PC market is much more profitable for companies in terms of actual sales. But Microsoft and PlayStation spends huge amounts of money so that titles are release on their platforms too, or probably even more common; pay a hell lot more to get a year exclusive.

It's not about piracy, its about who pays the most - end customers or big companies. In most cases, its big companies.

You can't pirate ON a console, it's all done on PC is what I said not that only PC games get pirated.

It's not that SEN sucks it's that there are tons of hackers trying to hack it all the time. Microsoft has been hacked plenty too people like keeping quiet about that though.

Not every PC gamer is a hacker or pirater but you can't deny that they're the main things hurting the gaming industry.

I find that pretty pathetic "I have a $4000 PC hurr durr console peasants can't afford to join the master race durr!" *illegally downloads games daily*

Inform yourself better...consoles can be hacked by modifying the hardware, not like i never done it myself... but is a well known fact. Also.. console games can be pirated too with modified consoles.

Pirating is not as bigger problem as companies wants you to believe... yes, people pirates games, but also people buys the games that they like. I myself have used cracks for games because my CD was scratch, or i just lost it.

Companies use the "pirate" copies excuse far to often, when at the same time they counting the millions of cash in their bank accounts.

EA makes about $300 million profit a Quarter... sometimes even more... that is a lot of cash for a "poor" company suffering from piracy.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Cpanther

@ ultimate:

you say that the PC crowd are a lot more 'hardcore' and 'rarely exit their rooms'.  While your take on the PC master race is noted as opinion, wouldn't this make the PC master race a far more discerning group than what your opinion of the console generation would be (CoD kiddies need not be included in this statistic).

I've always found the PC market rather critical of games as a whole while the console market appears far more succeptable/quick to purchase franchise lines and new releases at day of drop.  The only group of people i've seen blocking streets and baying for blood on day one release has been Halo purchases and Iphone purchases.  And Bieber lovers of course.

I'd say this cynicism that people attribute to fanboyism/master class jokes for the PC crowd, in general, is really a symptom of this discerning and selective purchase behavior.

Also, while there is a substitute market for games in the console class, because a proportion of PC users (most console players have PC's and frequent Xbox pirated versions can be found on certain pirate websites) do not legally acquire games and pirate it, wouldn't developers stand to lose the remaining fraction by denying release to that platform?

It's like non-renewable power companies saying "oh well fuck this renewable energy business, it's reducing our efficiency and profit margins so we're just going to close up shop and go broke as fuck".

While this may be a final outcome, and may also be used as a market manipulation tactic, to drive a point for certain users/consumers, it's not a viable business strategy to just cut your customer base further.  That's cutting off your nose to spite your face.  Surrendering market share does not reduce costs or losses.

Different industry, but let's look at Metallica, where the joke was that they couldn't afford to diamond plate their Jacuzzi.  These people are far from poor, and while the activity is illegal and it does undoubtably cost them money (and other people gain profit 'off their back'), these large companies such as EA are losing more money due to poor strategy/product and consumer relations than they do to pirating.

To this end, I conclude that in my opinion, I do not feel that a movement to consoles is a reaction to piracy, but more an opportunity to capture a further market with different behaviors and requirements, further spread their marketing and advertising appeal (as it seems lockiing in for timed/exclusive play can get a dev instant monetary gratification, while allowing for cross-platform release may get your dev-house more 'street cred' and appraise further down the track).

Edited by q.S Sachiel
  • Like 1

the average age of a new gen console gamer is 25+ so the CoD kiddie comments are about as accurate as saying all black people are theives 

To this end, I conclude that in my opinion, I do not feel that a movement to consoles is a reaction to piracy, but more an opportunity to capture a further market with different behaviors and requirements, further spread their marketing and advertising appeal (as it seems lockiing in for timed/exclusive play can get a dev instant monetary gratification, while allowing for cross-platform release may get your dev-house more 'street cred' and appraise further down the track).

Yup, it's basically a huge money grab, mostly with profits as a first goal, backed up by huge PR and marketing budgets. Creating something out of love or commitment to your ideals have gone secondary or tertiary. 

the average age of a new gen console gamer is 25+ so the CoD kiddie comments are about as accurate as saying all black people are theives 

The discussion was about consoles in general.

Yeah great i've heard the statistic, and i'm about that age anyway.

I see quite a few kids waiting round the block for Halo and CoD and several other franchises on day-zero release.

You may have noticed that i'm not for the franchise, but i was making the point that despite my dislike for it, and what i feel to be a bland, recycled franchise, people still lap it up without batting an eyelid.

But people have always enjoyed pulp, whatever form it may come in.  To each their own.

25 still a kid in my eyes..specially men..us dudes don't truly grow up to we are 30+, which takes me to the average age of PC gamers, which i believe is 35.

Out of my many years of playing games on PC, I've never once pirated a single game. It's nowhere near as mainstream as you make it out to be, which is why you always hear people talking about how many games they've bought off steam, and not how many games they've pirated

Who would be that stupid?

Ohh my, you are so blind - go on now, you have no solid arguments. As stated before, I bet the PC market is much more profitable for companies in terms of actual sales. But Microsoft and PlayStation spends huge amounts of money so that titles are release on their platforms too, or probably even more common; pay a hell lot more to get a year exclusive.

It's not about piracy, its about who pays the most - end customers or big companies. In most cases, its big companies.

If that were true why do so many PC games go over to console? It's to get more money, ergo, there's a sizeable amount of money to be made from consoles.

Inform yourself better...consoles can be hacked by modifying the hardware, not like i never done it myself... but is a well known fact. Also.. console games can be pirated too with modified consoles.

Not really because it becomes a PC then as soon as you tamper with it it's not an official console and that happens way less it's a lot more awkward to do than going to virtually any torrent site typing a name and hitting download.

EA probably makes money off microtransactions and game sales mostly and also by having most of it's games on every system, even if loads of them are being pirated on PC the consoles ones sell fine.

It is a big problem to sales exactly the same as how it is for movies, DLC and microtransactions are basically the same as overpriced theatre food. Granted game pirating puts less of a dent in to the gaming industry than movie pirating to the film industry but it's still a big problem.

I don't mean it as a this or that kind of deal the decision to bring games to consoles will hold many factors but I'm sure a large factor is that by staying on PC the sales will get reduced a lot by piracy, except for MMO's and probably most online games since it's going to be difficult to have a pirated game authenticated(which is no doubt why MMO's do so well)

There is definitely more money to be made in the console industry than PC with PC vs PS or Xbox on their on maybe PC comes out on top but not both together, and then there's even more money to be made with PS+ or XBL subscriptions.

And then Nintendo...is Nintendo, they're going to need something special once the good X1 and PS4 games start coming out.

Nintendo is actually a good example of how dated hardware can still compete with top of the range hardware, though, not lately :lol:

EDIT

DayZ on PS4(now it's a relevant post)

Jk.

Still can't wait for this I hope we're not going to have to wait like 2 years.

Why announce it properly now if it's going to be that long, I guess.

And again to people that think it won't sell on consoles, everyone still loves zombies and it's not a hard game at all. Unless you're fighting invisible zombies.

Edited by UltimateGentleman

Not really because it becomes a PC then as soon as you tamper with it it's not an official console and that happens way less it's a lot more awkward to do than going to virtually any torrent site typing a name and hitting download.

EA probably makes money off microtransactions and game sales mostly and also by having most of it's games on every system, even if loads of them are being pirated on PC the consoles ones sell fine.

It is a big problem to sales exactly the same as how it is for movies, DLC and microtransactions are basically the same as overpriced theatre food. Granted game pirating puts less of a dent in to the gaming industry than movie pirating to the film industry but it's still a big problem.

The point is.. companies are making millions of cash in gaming, in fact...gaming have never been so profitable before. But... companies are abusing this, releasing half finish games and then "forcing" people to buy DLC's for ridiculous prices, or selling "game features" as extras.

I'm old enough to remember games like Neverwinter nights.. which was a "Complete" game from release. Look at Mass Effect for example... They divided the full game in 3 parts to make as much cash as possible.. and then they released the final game broken and forced people to buy the DLC's to "fix" the game... You could say that EA is the problem.. but other companies are doing this too.

Who would be that stupid?

A lot of people, including your fellow forum users... Here's a thread about how much people's Steam accounts are worth (by how many games they own) - http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/153726-how-much-is-your-steam-account/

As you can see almost everyone's account in there is worth several hundred to even thousands of dollars. Must be a lot of pirating eh?

Edited by Death Dealer

i think he was referring to broadcasting how many games one has pirated.

Yeah look, i've seen figures several years ago saying that consoles together far trump pc sales.  I can still really only see this being a good thing for the game.  Whether BI makes money from the divergence is another matter.

Edited by q.S Sachiel

A lot of people, including your fellow forum users... Here's a thread about how much people's Steam accounts are worth (by how many games they own) - http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/153726-how-much-is-your-steam-account/

As you can see almost everyone's account in there is worth several hundred to even thousands of dollars. Must be a lot of pirating eh?

Damn...$419.8 ..and that is without even counting all the crap i buy in the Market... and that is only in Steam, if i add all the MMO's i play.. well.. lets just say i just realize where all my cash is going.... :blush:

http://www.mysteamgauge.com/account?username=76561198064558345

i think he was referring to broadcasting how many games one has pirated.

Yeah look, i've seen figures several years ago saying that consoles together far trump pc sales.  I can still really only see this being a good thing for the game.  Whether BI makes money from the divergence is another matter.

heh that makes sense. Either way that thread helps show how much money most people dump into games on Steam.

Edited by Death Dealer

heh that makes sense. Either way that thread helps show how much money most people dump into games on Steam.

Actually, it shows that PC gamers are idiots that are prepare to spend thousands of cash in games that they don't even play....or like...which i guess that is why MMO's are so popular in PC's, regular customers with more cash than common sense. 

Edited by Cpanther

The steam sales work wonders on making people buy on impulse, it's genius. The only summer sale game I bought was Borderlands 2 GOTY edition, which I've already put close to 200 hours in

Edited by Death Dealer
  • Like 1

This is a tiny community it can hardly speak for any kind of majority. You can't base your logic on 55 replies to that topic. And on the thing itself there are 5.4k fb likes so assuming they all done it that's over 6000 PC gamers who paid for stuff on steam(counting tweets etc too)

Probably more than that but not seeing a counter.

But anyway that's as concrete as a survey of 1000 people speaking for everyone, fact is millions of dollars are lost due to pirating each year. Just because a good amount of people buy legit doesn't mean pirating doesn't happen or affect the industry. Or that they don't download anything illegally ever.

Actually, it shows that PC gamers are idiots that are prepare to spend thousands of cash in games that they don't even play....or like...which i guess that is why MMO's are so popular in PC's, regular customers with more cash than common sense. 

Someone that's not saying PC gamers are a higher class of intelligence? I need to sit down :lol:  (half joking)

There are sheep on either side, else the industry would fail.

Do you reckon there will be any exclusive content for each version or will there just be the PC version but ported? If they're really wanting money then I could see them adding some sort of...well not novelty, I guess niché items? Something like an old Winchester rifle or a themed set of gear.

I would just like a larger variety of guns than it seems like there will be end game hopefully they don't go crazy with version exclusive content for either console in general or PS4/X1.

Can see it happening though if both Microsoft and Sony have a grip of the game they're gonna want people to be more inclined to buy their version.

Also I wonder if it will get a cool trailer?

• Like 1

Do you reckon there will be any exclusive content for each version or will there just be the PC version but ported? If they're really wanting money then I could see them adding some sort of...well not novelty, I guess niché items? Something like an old Winchester rifle or a themed set of gear.

I would just like a larger variety of guns than it seems like there will be end game hopefully they don't go crazy with version exclusive content for either console in general or PS4/X1.

Can see it happening though if both Microsoft and Sony have a grip of the game they're gonna want people to be more inclined to buy their version.

Also I wonder if it will get a cool trailer?

Now THAT is an interesting topic! :beans:

Dean has said (well i heard it said :3) that he intends to allow for mod-support to the game.  With things like the Steambox coming out (and i'm not sure if PSN / xbone network?) have a similar thing to steam community sharing mods and such, then that would probably kill off paid for DLC, and most games push this by disallowing modders into their game to support their DLC products. 

If PSN and Xbone have these avenues of media sharing then it would be unfair to charge them for it, but PC gets it through steam community/email etc... So i'd like to know where they go with this too.  TBH it's this 'consolification' that I'm most worried about.  Control scheme and mechanics I have faith they won't be watered down (because it's generally more effort to do this once you already have it in there) and looking at Bohemia's track record of dense control-schemes and simulations.

But please please please no hats :(.

They could always still get around this by releasing cosmetic packs, or map expansions (which I do not endorse!) for paid DLC or something, as most mod-resources would probably be server/shard side (if client side then ESP would be useless, just make glowing skins and such), wheras if it was Bohemia created it would exist across all hives/shards and players would have a real 'benefit' from the purchase, without the modding community competing directly with the DLC packages. Enough of this subversive talk, don't want to be giving people ideas you know.

Edited by q.S Sachiel

Some seem to think that one pirated copy means one lost sale. Couldn't be more wrong than that. Piracy let's people use content that otherwise they would have probably not payed for or afforded. Some use it as a tool to asses product quality before purchase. Of course, as a developer you only see what you wanna see and instead of adjusting prices regionally (not only for PC, but for other platforms as well), they just moan. Moreover, let's not forget that on consoles, each second hand copy and onwards, brings nothing to the developer. In a way, the end result it's still the same as in piracy = 0 income for content creator.

Haha, that would be a perfect trolling situations against PC players and a lot of rage against Bohemia plus Dean. :D

i dont know if any of you own a ps4 but at the rate ps4 games get announced as oppossed to released ...and this is not a joke if....very big if dayz even does make it to PS4 it wont be til 2016/17 at least ps4 is very slow to produce anything and to be totally honest how many people will have moved on from this game by then ...the other point you are all missing is you assume everyone has some NASA style watercooled gaming rig when a very huge population of dayz PC players are on laptops so taking that into account why wouldnt we want a wireless control and 50" plus screen to play on ..

on the piracy subject you talk as if ...currently sims 4 had 4000 seeds and 16000 leeches losing EA  millions of dollars to piracybut it is far bigger than some 
westerners downloading a game piracy is culturally ingrained into alot of cultures with a substantial  chunk of the economy coming from piracy ... i mean china has almost perfected the art of copyright infringement from high end supercars right down to bic pens so boo hoo for companys losing out to piracy it aint ever going away and to inflate prices because of potential piracy its the same speech thats given to raise income taxes or any other profit margin... certain companys had massive strangle holds on the DVD market for how long til every one found out it cost less than a $1 to copy so serves there profit margin right for being so greedy for so long ....

its all retarded money is the root of all evil but what a mad root it is ...and BI and dead hall couldnt give a rats arse whether you like the decision to cross platform or not ...and not i think about it isnt modding a game a form of piracy in itself kinda like me remaking lord of the rings but using zombies instead of orcs ..so when the mod tools for stand alone a mad public in theory isnt there going to be hundreds of quasi-pirate versions of epoch ....i would have said dayz SA but we all know what will really happen so in theory doesnt that make it right if some one pirateds dayz because it was just a re-skinned arma 2 which was re-skinned arma so its a vicious circle of plaguerism  and theft 

i just wish someone could pirate quality drugs 

This is a tiny community it can hardly speak for any kind of majority. You can't base your logic on 55 replies to that topic. And on the thing itself there are 5.4k fb likes so assuming they all done it that's over 6000 PC gamers who paid for stuff on steam(counting tweets etc too)

Probably more than that but not seeing a counter.

But anyway that's as concrete as a survey of 1000 people speaking for everyone, fact is millions of dollars are lost due to pirating each year. Just because a good amount of people buy legit doesn't mean pirating doesn't happen or affect the industry. Or that they don't download anything illegally ever.

The point was that it's not uncommon to see steam users spend huge amounts of money on their games. And I have no idea what you're going on about the fb likes

I'm not saying piracy is not an issue, it's an issue on both sides. However you kept using the old "pc gamers are all pirates" stereotype and even went as far as to say that steam sales are needed to reduce piracy, which isn't true