griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

We are both on the same side here so let's do each other a favor and not argue semantics. What really matters is that Rocket and friends are giving giving the standalone the full attention that a game deserves while not forgetting about their mod community.

to be fair why would the game be any better off stand alone... what engine is good enough for this kinda thing.

$15 is like twice more than minecraft did cost in pre-alpha, and look how did they end up.

Dont be greedy devs, and it will pay back.

There has been no confirmed price, all prices so far have been assumptions or hear-say.

Dean Rocket will lose everything with the standalone. Time in earnest. Why should I buy a game for 15 €, which uses the same graphics and the same engine? Arma 2 Engine 2.5? Really? Anyone with a bit of sense can see that it is just cheap promotion plus how to get more money. Ultimately, the game will not be better than the jetztige Mod. Dear Dean, should I buy in 2013, a game which has a graphics engine and from 2009? With the engine of Arma 3 likes. But Arma 2 alone contains numerous bugs .. And just looks bad .. I loved Dayz but am disappointed that the new graphics engine and will be exchanged for useless things like bugged dogs or similar .. Too bad Dean, but you will see for yourself when you Warz steals the show ...

Wow, an amazing first post! Well informed and brilliantly written. We look forward to your next nugget of wisdom.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 6

^ this guy is a little bitter but it doesn't seem to say bullshit at all..

Dean Rocket will lose everything with the standalone. Time in earnest. Why should I buy a game for 15 €, which uses the same graphics and the same engine? Arma 2 Engine 2.5? Really? Anyone with a bit of sense can see that it is just cheap promotion plus how to get more money. Ultimately, the game will not be better than the jetztige Mod. Dear Dean, should I buy in 2013, a game which has a graphics engine and from 2009? With the engine of Arma 3 likes. But Arma 2 alone contains numerous bugs .. And just looks bad .. I loved Dayz but am disappointed that the new graphics engine and will be exchanged for useless things like bugged dogs or similar .. Too bad Dean, but you will see for yourself when you Warz steals the show ...

1. See post directly above you
  2. 2.5 will include rag-doll physics, a staple of games today, among other features from Arma 3. However, Arma 3 hasnt been tried and tested yet, so to use it straight away would be too much of a gamble.
  3. DayZ standalone will be using an updated map, an updated weather system, and other updates over Arma 2.

• Like 6

I think leaning towards the more tested Arma2 rather then the very untested Arma3-engine is a good call. "2.5" was a bit sketchy but if the standalone is still in Chernarus(or Chernarus-Plus), then it seems to be leaning more towards Arma2 then 3.

For starters, when Arma2 was released precious few computers could handle the game at top settings. Its still a bit of a monster, so who knows how demanding Arma3 will be? Maybe it'll melt all but the best of computers, maybe it wont. Thing is though, a lot of people that play dayZ dont have top-of-the-line-hardware, and it would imo be a poor choice to demand such from them, when the game really does not need that -splendid- graphics to pull off what its suppose to pull off: A zombie survival game. The issue is instead I think trying to sort out the "rough" mechanics of the Arma-engines rather then to make things more "shiny".

I'd rather have things work more smoothly then look more sparkly.

If you buy the standalone, then you dont have to buy the final game again right? Just making sure because it wouldnt make sense for anyone to pay to be an alpha tester if you dont get the final version when it is finished.

If you buy the standalone you will own it. Simple as. The earlier you buy it, the cheaper it will be. Prices haven't been confirmed yet.

• Like 1

should I buy in 2013, a game which has a graphics engine and from 2009?

Yes! Maybe because a good game ≠ a good looking game. Minecraft sold pretty well with his 1996 graphics btw.

Edited by Boitameuh
  • Like 1

So is Rocket going to be the copyright holder for DayZ or will it be Bohemis Interactive?

(Like if I wanted to get permission to do a video series, who would I write to?

I really cant understand why people are complaining about an eventual standalone cost around 15 euro, or even 25 euro. Apparently some people think that making a game is charity? Should rocket and his staff work their asses off for free just to satisfy the dayZ gaming community? I think not. I would gladly pay over 25 euros to play a working standalone dayZ, I havent had this fun since WoW came out! My point is, making games costs money!

I really cant understand why people are complaining about an eventual standalone cost around 15 euro, or even 25 euro. Apparently some people think that making a game is charity? Should rocket and his staff work their asses off for free just to satisfy the dayZ gaming community? I think not. I would gladly pay over 25 euros to play a working standalone dayZ, I havent had this fun since WoW came out! My point is, making games costs money!

I'm absolutely fine about 15-25 euro standalone cost, but not in PRE-ALPHA, did you even read this thread?

Edited by k3lt

If you buy the standalone you will own it. Simple as. The earlier you buy it, the cheaper it will be. Prices haven't been confirmed yet.

I'm absolutely fine about 15-25 euro standalone cost, but not in PRE-ALPHA, did you even read this thread?

Didnt you read what Fraggle stated above?

That price(10-25) what peopple have been tossing around is for the alpha of the standalone, and you will own the full game.. no need to pay more than that it will be patched to full working game. Only if you buy it after alpha/beta stage it will cost more.

edit:

ps. ofc you know, when you buy it at alpha stage you are part of the "testing" team to play it before full release. Our job is to seek the bugs and play the game before full release. Not just cry on the forums how bad it is and how much there is bugs. Just give devs feedback about the bugs and stuff that they can correct them.

Edited by Zeppa
  • Like 1

you do realize that games that big cost 60$ right? Do you really think rocket will release the final version for 15$??? Stop comparing it so much with minecraft which is cheap because it doesn't deserve more. Minecraft is a N64 game the way it looks. It can be played on the iPhone. DayZ is a standalone PC game. If it can be played on the iPhone then ok it's worth 15$ max, but if it can only be played on a decent pc then it's worth muuuuch much more. It's just the same model people gosh. That's like expecting to pay 25$ for a COD game which offers much less than DayZ and costs 100$ if you want all the content.

I paid for Arma 2 for nothing, what a waste. Give me DayZ for free.

Unless ofc, it isn't as busted at the current dayz is.

That´s a pretty good suggestion, if they made it so everytime you log in you have to choose one of thoose cities.this would prevent the ghosting and spread out the starting action to a few of the bigger cities instead of just electro and cherno. Would also let you be able to meet your friends a little bit easier. Spawn points in thoose cities should be plenty tho so you never know where in the area you spawn. It would also prevent the server hopping between military spawns and make the military loot a little more inaccessable.

no, i didnt meant this!

I said, once you start your life you can choose a spawnpoint. later you just spawn there where you logged out! that means only when you start a new life you can choose a spawn!

Let's Play DayZ: Day 6 with Dean Hall - Dogs and The Next Big Update

Edited by vandal GAB

I paid for Arma 2 for nothing, what a waste. Give me DayZ for free.

Unless ofc, it isn't as busted at the current dayz is.

You know what?

wait for it...

You already got dayz for free!

What comes to a standalone, no one should get it free... speacially these whiners

Edited by Zeppa

Great News on the stand alone Project,

Just wanted to ask what this means for the mod, Will the Mod stop receiving support after the 1.7.3 patch ?

No it won't. As it is written in the first post: "There will be continued support for DayZMOD alongside DayZ game."

*keeps throwing money at the screen* Take my money already!

I mean, I'll play "The WarZ" HC mode for a while...but thats got nothing on DayZ. Rocket, you've created the God of Zombie survival games. As have the rest of the team. Grats, and looking forward to purchasing it as soon as the pre-orders/beta purchases are up.

Hey guys, just a question, would the pre-alpha standalone be shipped just like any other game or only the fully fixed game would receive that kind of service 'cause I am afraid that I wouldn't be able to get the pre-alpha here in SouthEast Asia.