rocket

Timing of Patch 1.5.8

Why not try an MMO server approach?

Like post a direct message (you know the big white letters in the center of the screen one) to everyone that update will happen in X time to warn people and then simply turn off all servers to update, give it some time so people won't just jump back in at once and turn them back on.

Why not try an MMO server approach?

Like post a direct message (you know the big white letters in the center of the screen one) to everyone that update will happen in X time to warn people and then simply turn off all servers to update' date=' give it some time so people won't just jump back in at once and turn them back on.

[/quote']

That's not gonna work bro. After the update everyone is gonna DDOS the servers.

Bring the servers back online one by one, sure it's more hassle and sucks for us players, but if only 50 people connect at once, 10 minuite break, then the next server, and so on. Or have all the servers locked on restart, and open them in blocks. 1 US server, 1 EU, 1RU, and 1 Oceanic.

I think Rocket should take down all the servers for 24 hours so the people who never played Arma / Arma 2 can go learn the controls ;)

Bring the servers back online one by one' date=' sure it's more hassle and sucks for us players, but if only 50 people connect at once, 10 minuite break, then the next server, and so on. Or have all the servers locked on restart, and open them in blocks. 1 US server, 1 EU, 1RU, and 1 Oceanic.

[/quote']

Everyone will then DDOS those servers, and possibly cause them to crash, which could have knock-on effects on the database.

This is why it's such a complicated situation.

been waiting for a little over 24 hours for this with no sleep lol. No rush rocket i might just die lol

With no sleep? You take this game very seriously man.

been waiting for a little over 24 hours for this with no sleep lol. No rush rocket i might just die lol

With no sleep? You take this game very seriously man.

lol yea. Host of dallas 11/12 so i want the servers to be updated as soon as the update comes out. Been a bit longer then i expected.

sounds like scheduled maintenance is something this mod should consider being that it's gaining in popularity so fast. Dice doesnt do many things right with bf3 these dayz but i think their server maintenance windows are handled perfectly.

The issue is that once the maintenance is over, people will get in all at once, making some (most?) server crash.

Close all servers -> Update -> Open all servers.

Though let Rocket do his thing, it will come out eventually.

Close all servers -> Update -> Open all servers.

Though let Rocket do his thing' date=' it will come out eventually.

[/quote']

That is the issue...

When they come back up, the server will be flooded with requests and it isn't the best plan.

Why don't we stop the useless suggestion wave and just let rocket do it the way he feels best? :)