rocket

Timing of Patch 1.5.8

It's driving me crazy not to know what is going on. The last official word from you guys was over 24 hrs ago. That's a serious issue.

That's not even a little bit true. Rocket posted earlier that there were more people on today than yesterday, which yesterday, was holding the patch back. He also posted about 12 hours ago that the patch was being delayed because he was fixing the duping bug, but that he was calling it a night because it was 3:30am local time and he was exhausted.

So, if you want a finger to point at regarding the delay of the patch, head over to the SA forums and yell at the Goons for being so bold about their exploiting.

I think this project could really benefit from a forum Dev tracker, as a lot of people really love to see the direction that the project is moving, and Rocket often posts little updates on progress in random forum threads.

Also, a dev blog would be great. We all want to know what is on the horizon, what ideas will be implemented or are being developed even on a concept level.

I know that we're an aggressive bunch and we get very excited about features, but that is the price you pay by putting together a project that excites SO MANY PEOPLE. I don't think I'm a minority here when I say DayZ has a lot of concepts and features that I have been waiting for in a game FOR YEARS.

With that people said, people just want to know what they can look forward to or expect on the DayZ project. The dog companion reveal on that Rocket interview was huge because it's a future feature we know is being worked on. I think people would like to see more of that kind of information rather than coy hints and references.

These forums have a pretty smart community that have a lot of ideas. Some are impractical, but I can honestly say that I've seen more practice suggestions and ideas in two weeks in the DayZ community than the majority of games and DIY gaming communities I've ever experienced. Letting us in on the plans should be seen as the utilization of a focus group, this is a likeminded community that might disagree on aspects of the game, but we're all on the same page here and I think are capable of being in the know. I'd love to see a dev blog or a a future features progress page that shows us what's being worked on, what's on a concept level, and what's on the backburner.

Just my two cents:

They delay on the patch isn't a bad thing. It's not nice' date=' but I think most people can live with it. What bugs me personally, is the lack of communication. It's ok to delay. Delay it all you want. Just tell us why.

It's driving me crazy not to know what is going on. The last official word from you guys was over 24 hrs ago. That's a serious issue.

Other than that, lovely work.

[/quote']

It's sunday night, UTC 22:28 - at rockets clock 00:38? sleep well :).

I can only quote weenus, I completely agree with him.

I would also like to say thanks again to all the people that is working, for FREE (remember this), to make better this awesome mod.

(Exscuse me for my bad english)

Sounds good to me! Even though you haven't released the patch officially yet. Can we still see a change log?

Lets face it, if he wants to release the update at the quietest time, the weekend wont be it.

So sometime in the early hours of Mon/Tue is a great choice.

Success can be both a blessing and a curse.

I'm still working on it. I'm just raging because I had to divert my attention to pressing server issues. We have released the server side updates. 1.5.8 is coming as soon as I can finish it.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4014&pid=40751#pid40751

try looking around you next time

My weekend of updates was entirely ruined because of three server owners who decided to take matters into their own hands and make changes. Then' date=' they criticize the server team here who have been working their whole weekend to try and help me. [/quote']

I'm still working on it. I'm just raging because I had to divert my attention to pressing server issues. We have released the server side updates. 1.5.8 is coming as soon as I can finish it.

It's a shame you have some conflicts with some server owners currently. But can we maybe perhaps get a change log so we can hype the patch even more? :D Keep up the great work dude, and just rest if you need it man. Even though everyone wants this update your health is more important to us.

I think we should start calling them Builds instead of patches so people will know its in alpha and in development.

Take your time.

Very well, too bad some not able to handle admin privileges caused the patch to be delayed. Can't wait hope the new clothing system is in it!

Can you give an eta?

Should i take a crap, take a nap; or just go to bed?

ie. today or tommarrow?

Ah yes, just read that thread.

Just dont burn yourself out dude. Problemsolving is best done when you've had enough rest.

Its done when its done.

Change log so far for 100% confirmed and tested fixes:

Changelog:

* [NEW] Server cleanup system replaced with a more agressive one

* [NEW] Inventory Interaction system (right-click on items in gear screen to bring up interactions)

* [NEW] Temperature System now implemented (effects are limited)

* [NEW] Water can be filled in ponds, all water pumps, wells, but not the sea

* [NEW] Forced disconnection saving for abort and alt+F4

Can you give an eta?

Should i take a crap' date=' take a nap; or just go to bed?

ie. today or tommarrow?

[/quote']

Hopefully it'll be released soon.

Guys chill.

I think this forum needs some streaming chillout music' date=' people are getting very groggy and on edge.

Changelog:

* [NEW] Inventory Interaction system (right-click on items in gear screen to bring up interactions)

* [NEW] Water can be filled in ponds, all water pumps, wells, but not the sea

Thanks for the info.

Changelog:

* [NEW] Water can be filled in ponds' date=' all water pumps, wells, but not the sea

* [NEW'] Forced disconnection saving for abort and alt+F4

Thanks a lot for this information. Been waiting for it

Will this fix the duping exploit?