rocket

Timing of Patch 1.5.8

I'm excited no matter what happens. I'm loving DayZ in its current state, but I know each successive patch will bring more and more goodness. Whatever the solution is, I'm sure it will work out eventually, if it means extended downtime, so be it. Keep up the good work, Rocket, I can't wait to see what's next.

You're the man, Rocket. I love how you keep us up-to-date on little things like this. For server admins it's preparation time, for players its "YAY, NEW PATCH!!!!11!!" for me it's "this should be interesting. I'm going to help out where needed" lol

Im definitely not flying my heli until this patch is out

Well uhhh, it's been more than six hours. Got my update? Mmmm... this is good OJ.

Down to 4500 players! Maybe we'll get it soon? :O

Where'd you get this info from?

I suggest you to make some planned shutdowns of the servers.

Patching this way is just... horrible.

Im actually going to assume that this lack of communication is a GOOD thing.

With every server ive joined the past few hours and 50/50 people waiting for a server response i have to assume there is something going on in the works.

His post said they are deciding on how to update, not IF they will(well he said pending testing, but since we havent gotten any negative testing feedback i ASSUME that means it went well).

I think he wants to come on here and make a dope post about the update with a changelog. He wants to be sure its pushed out fully*giggidy* before jumping the gun.

These "wild" speculations brought to you in part by...

:cool:

I'm trying to deal with duping in this patch. Thank the exploiters for the delay :)

I'm trying to deal with duping in this patch. Thank the exploiters for the delay :)

I think they prefer to be called "Diligent Alpha Testers"

The "VALVe" is strong in this one ;p

Thanks stupid exploiters...

Told ya lack of communication was most likely good in this case!

Awesome that you're doing so much to counter the exploits. Keeps the integrity of the game world in tact.

Just wanted to say thanks to the dev team for keeping us up to date so nicely and taking part in discussions here in the forums. I wish there were more devs like you that show so much care and passion for the community. Thanks for everything.

Let's hope so, Schaefer. That thing was game-breaking to the max.

I was just saying on the live chat how I would like to initiate (not so) random acts of pizza/beer to the devs. Failing that, we'll probably get a server together, maybe in LA, as I don't see any LA servers yet.

God damn exploiters can rot in hell.

I think they prefer to be called "Diligent Alpha Testers"

There you go! Glass half full, ladies and gents! I'm glad exploiters, hackers and the like are around so that shit like this is found and dealt with. Keep up the good work you diligent alpha testers you!

I think you should tweak the zombies so that they don't run so incredibly fast. I understand that fast zombies adds to the danger, but maybe make them just a bit slower, and perhaps ever so slightly less damaging. Just my feedback.