rocket

Timing of Patch 1.5.8

Well' date=' I'd assume that probably less than 40% of the current players(or probably even less) would be even quick enough to get the patch as soon as its available. More likely they would come onto the forums or whatever and be like "why cant i join the game???????????"

I'd wager on that. Most people aren't quite that keen and most of the players(who are probably new) don't read the forums and may not even know a patch is coming.

[/quote']

No offense but you are incredibly naive. This is the web 2.0 era, a good portion of these players are watching the Dayzmoddev twitter on their smart phones or tablets or second monitors refreshing to find out when it drops. The Bandit system removal thread is almost 40 pages in a day because people are chomping at the bit for the new patch, lootable skins, all the goods.

this^

gamers are more clued up than ppl think

developers like DICE are making that huge mistake of thinking the player base are dumb

I didn't say they are dumb. Most forum statistics give anywhere from a 5%-30% of the population active on the forums though there are some outliers. I'd wager thats still the case with dayz.

developers like DICE are making that huge mistake of thinking the player base are dumb

So true. +rep. I quit BF. So bored of the hackfest and the decisions DICE and EA are making.

DayZcouldnt have come at a better time!

What you guys don't seem to get is that even rolling out the patch for 3 servers will create a huge strain. Rocket has mentioned that people trying to hammer their way into full servers has a lot to do with the "waiting for server response" issues' date=' imagine what would happen if only a handful of servers had the new patch that everyone wants to check out? They would get wrecked.

[/quote']

As i understand it players spamming already full servers has zero effect on the DayZ master servers. There is no interaction through hive until after a player has connected, chosen a player slot, clicked continue, downloaded the map (each server has a different instance number tagged), loaded the map, and only once all this is complete the the server starts requesting player data from hive...

Anybody wanting to have always up-to-date DayZ and Arma2 beta versions, there is in the works a simplified version of Sickboy's SixUpdater, for long THE software to get to handle mod versions and updating and launching for Arma2. SixUpdater does incremental updates meaning you only have to download the data that differ (BIG difference with some Arma mods that can take into gigabytes!). Be warned, normal SixUpdater is more geared towards Arma powerplayers, but a simple version of the launcher just for ACE or DayZ is reportedly in the works and should be out probably tomorrow.

I'd rather you waited til Monday. Weekends don't need patches.

It's Queen Victoria weekend in the Commonwealth.

Yeah you sure are fun...

Rocket said last patch he wanted weekends off. It didn't come Friday so F"off til Monday.

When i find my pink tutu skin, everyone will know how pretty i am.

I'd rather you waited til Monday. Weekends don't need patches.

It's Queen Victoria weekend in the Commonwealth.

Yeah you sure are fun...

Rocket said last patch he wanted weekends off. It didn't come Friday so F"off til Monday.

When i find my pink tutu skin' date=' everyone will know how pretty i am.

[/quote']

Well too bad because he stated that this one would come within the next 6 hours.. or try to

Maybe it would work if you locked most of the servers while you push out the update? Let the people now on the forum and twitter before though :D

Maybe it would work if you locked most of the servers while you push out the update? Let the people now on the forum and twitter before though :D

The problem is that if he locked most of the servers people would be flocking to the other servers and that would cause those servers to crash (correct me if I'm wrong).

Pretty much all the servers are unable to be connected to right now...

Just putting it here because making a new(another) thread is pointless.

I just logged in to some Russian server and it works, but my position is reset to beach. Items and statistics stayed proper.

I don't really care if you have to reset players data. And I'm very excited about changes you've made, looking forward to see changelog. Good Job guys!

Tried for an hour to get into servers. No luck. Maybe just rip the bandaid off? Take the fuckers down and patch now, since so many can't even actually play right now anyway. It's not like its a Triple A title on release day (not gonna name any names...) going down for hours, it's an alpha, and I know I'd much rather wait a couple of hours now with a brute force patching than waiting many hours tonight or all day tomorrow.

They are already working on it, thinking of a good way to patch it, no need to get your panties in a bunch. This way it's better, would you rather them take all the servers down for a few hours to patch them all, and then have everyone connect instantly and possibly take down the central database, resulting in more problems for the next few days, or just let them get it done on their own time, with everything going smoothly?

Yeah, it's been past the 6 hours that Rocket claimed it would happen in....

It's time to put an end to this charade. o.O

Well with the vast majority of people not being able to play then i agree to patch it now. BUT, im not rocket and since he feeds on tears, i dont want him to make me cry.

Apparently hes always hungry for moar o.0

;p