lynn.zaw

Experimental Update 1.13 (Changelog)

I appreciate as a console player this isn't exactly helpful to pc folk but.. 

Ever since getting an xbox series x I must say driving a vehicle is now something I don't fear 99% of the time. I'll go anywhere at 90+, no juttering, rubber banding, micro freezes etc. Driving past other players on old xbox, past huge bases, no problems. Nothing has made me crash bar the game actually crashing, something which happens more on chernarus than livonia it seems. 

This is on a 50 slot community server generally at med pop. But personally I've found server pop to cause no real difference. The whole car going into the sky "illusion" happens very occasionally but just putting the brakes on and waiting a few seconds stops it no issue. 

I'd hope somehow that sort of result can be replicated by the devs for pc. 

So I have some major issues with this game... I love this game, I've sunk sooooo many hours into this game. I have a lot of good memories, there isn't anything else like it. But there is sooooo much lost potential... 

I literally have 3000 hours plus on this game. No other games make me feel the way DayZ does when you get into action or just hanging with Friends. But I just don't understand, this game has been out for how long and they promise all this content but, the majority of the content the add is lacking. Some of the guns are cool yes, the way the changed base destruction was a plus for me, everyone might not agree with that but I think it was a positive change.

My issue is the rest of the game is lacking, it's an empty experience... The base building is totally stale and lacking. The guns you add are mostly variants of guns we already have. WE DON'T NEED AN M16, add a pkm, add a bow, we need variety! Please add more to base building. Add a new vehicles that can carry more then 4 people. FIX THE VEHICLES, add traders, NPCs. Something! Like you literally have all the assets you need from Arma 3, is it lack of funding? Short handed? Like wtf... There is sooooo much potential for this game and honestly you guys are fucking it up. Maybe it's the higher ups that are making it hard for you guys to do more idk, but figure it out! I love you guys but get your shit together. You guys are honestly killing my favorite game. I've been here watching since the Arma 2 mod days. Dreaming of this game to come to consoles and now that it's been here for the last few years, I feel let down, do better please...

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Let me not take you literally, because we probably did not use that exact phrasing, but we've acknowledged the issue several times. Some examples are here and here. This state is still ongoing, sadly.

I also see that you continue to derail the Experimental discussions to hammer on this topic. While we understand player's frustrations about the vehicle problems, this does not put you above the guidelines in terms of spam, cross-posting, and bumping topics of your personal interest. So please keep your "reminders" at a decent level without distracting from actually relevant community feedback. Rest assured that your opinion is received and noted, but everything beyond that is just you yelling the time at the clock, figuratively speaking.

Why you’d reply and open the door to criticism is beyond logic, but you did. 

It’s not yelling the time at the clock if people are calling out facts that leads readers not buying the product. 

So, in the ‘Dayz in 2021’ thread where it says that the team will support the title through 2021, but there’s no mention of vehicles, are we supposed assume you forgot?  The detailed roadmap’s wording easily insinuates that support ends at the end of the year.  This makes sense. Correct me if I’m wrong, but admins selling items is no longer against the terms of service starting next January, right?

THEGordonFreeman asked for when the vehicles were going to be FIXED.  You posting two ambiguous statements that only acknowledged the problem. It’s nothing more than yelling the time at this proverbial clock.  

Vehicles have been a selling point since the beginning. Sure, you may have inhereted this problem, but that’s not our fault.  The community isn’t stupid, vehicles worked just fine on the client side with the ARMA series.  They got moved to server side in the interest of stopping cheaters.  Why on earth would a company do that? Optimize the game and let BattleEye do its job!?!?

The decisions being made are not at all clear!  BI claims to listen to the community but communication is atrocious right now. We have exactly zero active moderators on this forum as I write this!  Perfect reflection of the lack of communication.   The game went through ONE month of beta and called it complete! Shocking to all.  

Vehicles were part of the selling point from the beginning.  BI slapped the 1.0 affix on it.  Why call it complete when there are still so many issues?  We are not dumb, but it sure looks like the company thinks we are.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

3 hours ago, Parazight said:

It’s not yelling the time at the clock if people are calling out facts that leads readers not buying the product. 

So, in the ‘Dayz in 2021’ thread where it says that the team will support the title through 2021, but there’s no mention of vehicles, are we supposed assume you forgot?  The detailed roadmap’s wording easily insinuates that support ends at the end of the year.  This makes sense. Correct me if I’m wrong, but admins selling items is no longer against the terms of service starting next January, right?

THEGordonFreeman asked for when the vehicles were going to be FIXED.  You posting two ambiguous statements that only acknowledged the problem. It’s nothing more than yelling the time at this proverbial clock.  

Vehicles have been a selling point since the beginning. Sure, you may have inhereted this problem, but that’s not our fault.  The community isn’t stupid, vehicles worked just fine on the client side with the ARMA series.  They got moved to server side in the interest of stopping cheaters.  Why on earth would a company do that? Optimize the game and let BattleEye do its job!?!?

The decisions being made are not at all clear!  BI claims to listen to the community but communication is atrocious right now. We have exactly zero active moderators on this forum as I write this!  Perfect reflection of the lack of communication.   The game went through ONE month of beta and called it complete! Shocking to all.  

Vehicles were part of the selling point from the beginning.  BI slapped the 1.0 affix on it.  Why call it complete when there are still so many issues?  We are not dumb, but it sure looks like the company thinks we are.

His point is that constantly bringing it up on every single post isn't making it go any faster. 

I understand from a community perspective, especially when the issue is frustrating, and been around for a long time, The Devs not actively commenting on it can create the impression that it's not being worked on or that they don't care. I am guilty of this with some things as well; silence sometimes makes these feel like they are being ignored. 

But I think the reality is really more in between, that when there is meaningful progress to be made, it will be shared. Just because The Devs aren't actively commenting on the issue with every post doesn't mean things aren't happening. They are clearly aware of the issues with this game; they spend far more time with it than we do.   

Personally, I think providing us with a bit more insight into what issues The Devs are seeing and how the issue is being approached would alleviate this, but I understand the need to under promise/over deliver.

There's also a huge disconnect between BI The Publisher and BI The Developers and at the end of the day, The Devs are still employees that answer to someone else.  

• Confused 1
  • Beans 1

10 hours ago, amadieus said:

Why is the unconscious state just 7 seconds? That is way too low to even tie someone up or disarm him. Can't see how this improves gameplay. Even more shocking is how this DayZ YouTuber seems to support it.

As we wrote in the changelog: "Unconsciousness time is now modified by the caliber the player got hit with." So to clarify, it's not always 7 seconds, it can be longer depending on what knocked you out. This change is a follow-up to our changes in 1.12 that resulted in more players falling uncon during combat. I highly recommend to try it on Experimental yourselves.

4 hours ago, Parazight said:

I said that in this discussion we consider it "derailing the topic". So you can feel free to open a dedicated thread here on our forums. But continued discussion of the state of vehicles in this thread will be considered spam, as it's in no way related to our changelog.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

44 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

As we wrote in the changelog: "Unconsciousness time is now modified by the caliber the player got hit with." So to clarify, it's not always 7 seconds, it can be longer depending on what knocked you out. This change is a follow-up to our changes in 1.12 that resulted in more players falling uncon during combat. I highly recommend to try it on Experimental yourselves.

I managed to get myself locked in a shed with one very aggressive military zombie and I noticed uncon from them lasts way more than 7 seconds, that's for sure. He kept knocking me out when I came to, four times in total before I managed to fumble my pistol out and shoot him.

Some other experimental observations:

• The radial blur when getting hit is a very nice addition, it adds immersion and some more punishment for getting hit.
  • The military officer zombie has the aggro scream of a female zombie, don't know if this might be intentional to make them stand out from the other zombies a bit, but it comes off as a bit weird. Giving them unique (new) sound effects would be more effective I think. Maybe coming later?
  • Long sticks only give one small stick when broken down.
  • I observed a flock of wolves targeting my car that I had left idling - it looked like they were actually trying to bite it while I could calmly pick them off without them coming away from the car.
  • Wolves (and bears I suppose) can still bite players inside a closed vehicle, shouldn't that depend on if there is a door or not? And in that case apply to infected too?
  • Like 1

On 6/17/2021 at 11:19 AM, lynn.zaw said:

PC Experimental 1.13 Update 1: Version 1.13.153989 (Released on 17.06.2021)

-Admin-snip for readability, no need to quote the whole changelog-

Rcon client ( BattlEye) does not work, both Dart and Bec,writes Connection Failed.

To add to the thing about unconsciousness: I've seen more than a few players saying unconsciousness (from firefights, caliber unknown but allegedly rifles of some kind) lasts just a few seconds. Since I was out much longer from zombie attacks, is it possible there is a bug with the caliber vs uncon time logic? Sounds unlikely that it would be intentional that being slapped silly by zeds would keep you out cold for longer than getting shot with a rifle round. Or?

I'll try go get myself shot a few times to get better first hand experience...

4 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

I said that in this discussion we consider it "derailing the topic". So you can feel free to open a dedicated thread here on our forums. But continued discussion of the state of vehicles in this thread will be considered spam, as it's in no way related to our changelog.

don't think there should be any Unconsciousness if someone is shot in the chest with no body armor on should be a one tap with 308 and up. Not going uncon and being half heath 

Edited by mobbie

3 hours ago, Derleth said:

Wolves (and bears I suppose) can still bite players inside a closed vehicle, shouldn't that depend on if there is a door or not? And in that case apply to infected too?

Because of this, sometimes standing too close to the building doors can result in being hit. Like I once opened a large door to some industrial building, and inside was a base wall, just enough space for 1 player, and closed the doors and started raiding it.
Zeds that gathered around the door could sometimes hit me even if the door was closed...

Wolves are on whole another level... They managed to clip through the walls (like actually enter inside, not just poke their head through) of the HQ on Tisy MB, and one somehow just appeared on the second floor lol... and one was INSIDE the floor of the first floor.

On 6/17/2021 at 2:17 PM, THEGordonFreeman said:

"Fixed Cars from flying and desyncing stupidly"

When will we be able to read that in one of these updates, it's only been like 6 years...

Theres a team of about 8 people with no animator, i dont know what your expecting them to do, BI is shafting the dev team by putting all its resources into its other crappy games instead of its one gem

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, The Apocalex said:

Theres a team of about 8 people with no animator, i dont know what your expecting them to do, BI is shafting the dev team by putting all its resources into its other crappy games instead of its one gem

Source?

10 hours ago, Derleth said:

Long sticks only give one small stick when broken down.

We have indeed confirmed some issues with the splitting action and yield, we're investigating.

• I observed a flock of wolves targeting my car that I had left idling - it looked like they were actually trying to bite it while I could calmly pick them off without them coming away from the car.
  • Wolves (and bears I suppose) can still bite players inside a closed vehicle, shouldn't that depend on if there is a door or not? And in that case apply to infected too? 

Will check these.

The military officer zombie has the aggro scream of a female zombie, don't know if this might be intentional to make them stand out from the other zombies a bit, but it comes off as a bit weird. Giving them unique (new) sound effects would be more effective I think. Maybe coming later?

This is intentional for the time being, we'll see how we can replace it in the future. 🙂

7 hours ago, mobbie said:

don't think there should be any Unconsciousness if someone is shot in the chest with no body armor on should be a one tap with 308 and up. Not going uncon and being half heath 

In the current version, you should die from one .308 shot to the torso (if you're not wearing armor).

20 hours ago, 6032 said:

Interesting, thanks for the explaining the logic behind it. I can understand the desire to remove the meta even though it  will take some adaption.

Just on the cars - there's a silent majority who couldn't give a xyz about them. It's annoying (and unproductive) to have every post overtaken by a vocal minority insisting that it's the no. 1 issue despite being a feature few people use. (due to the effort required in assembling/maintaining.)

Have to agree. It's tiresome in the extreme to have every update thread descend into "fix the cars", especially by posters who by their own admittance don't even play the bloody game. If vehicles are all you care about in DayZ then, frankly, those players are better off staying gone cos they're playing the wrong game. DayZ isn't about cars. Go play a racing sim or something.

As you say, the vast majority of players couldn't give a tinkers cuss about vehicles in DayZ. Even if they worked perfectly, the amount of effort required to get one going and stay going obliterates any positive aspects they may have. They're nice to have, but very far from something essential to the game.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 3

+1 for not having the "fix the cars" discussion in the same form in every iteration of the exp patches by the same people

• Beans 1

Seen it mentioned, here is some more info from my experiences so far: 

Uncon from gun shots to the chest from 5.56 and 762x39 wearing a stab vest is often only a few seconds, around 5 no more than 10. Had this happen with every player I've made uncon with those calibers, seems a bit too short. haven't shot anyone with a press vest or plate.

Hid several posts due to off-topic discussions. Please focus on the update at hand and feedback to it. Open separate topics for other discussions.

• Like 2

Man, how is this fucking misalinged ADS bug not fixed? I'm playing on a server with 10-20 queue atm, erverytime this shit happens to me I can basically quit DayZ for the day.

Hi,
i absolutely love the game, DAYZ for me, is a way of life.
there just is no other game that has that feel. 

being shot with any .30 cal is unpleasent, and should kill, unless wearing body armour. some body armour is rated for like 2 shots of .308. make body armor un repairable.

Dayz does not need more guns, there are so many guns there already and without fixing the main funadamentals of the game the game will die. 
introducing an m16 that 90% of players will never get. 

its great that the devs are trying to link up between PVP, PVE styles of play. its great that that has been thought of, and the whole 
experience is getting better, now infected are a danger. the whole game is a balance.
i love wolves, they offer a brilliant experience. and i still have goosebumps every time, being caught out in the open.
The new gun, new sights are all geared for pvp people. throwing more and more guns at dayz is not going to improve the experience for 99% of players.

we all know cars have problems.[end of].

i would hope that the devs impliment craftable clothes. leather / fur etc. its about time bows were implimented, i feel the game now getting geared 
for call of duty style. just a little too far from its core survival aspect. i know its always going to be there. 
alot of stuff has been taken away from the game, such as tripwire/grenade / flare /stun. that is enjoyable to use.
 thats the interaction some people want. Same as leaving notes for people, but that probably would be abused.

There are so many mods that are created for DAYZ that the devs know they are worth it, like ADS slower, etc to just make the experience truer. 
Meaning its less like call of duty. but thats from a PVE standpoint. 

i think partly implementing all the old stuff, would return some balance. 

i`m not going to speculate how many staff BI have or what is achievable. 

it really is a great game, no game is flawless. 

more !

Edited by cookoff013
i am a meat popsicle
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 3

2 hours ago, Buakaw said:

Man, how is this fucking misalinged ADS bug not fixed? I'm playing on a server with 10-20 queue atm, erverytime this shit happens to me I can basically quit DayZ for the day.

Can you give us more information on this please, when is it happening (e.g. after falling uncon or so)?

47 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

Can you give us more information on this please, when is it happening (e.g. after falling uncon or so)?

Hi, can you please tell me more if devs are working on zombie pathfinding (not sure if that's the right word)? Even on low-ping servers, zombies tend to just walk through you, sometimes not register your hits, or they run in circles? Really important bug which I believe is not getting enough attention by the community.  Also it's huge quality of life improvement. 

Edited by Just Caused

3 hours ago, cookoff013 said:

make body armor un repairable.

agreed, plate carrier should have interchangeable plates though, but the "vest" part should be fixable

ruined plate = no protection, ruined "vest" should act as all clothes do, remove it from your char and you cant put it back on, and you cant add new plates to it

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 2
  • Beans 3

PC Experimental 1.13 Update 2: Version 1.13.154013 (Released on 24.06.2021)

GAME

FIXED

• A server crash
  • Items could clip in the inventory when doing certain inventory operations
  • Barrel open/close sound would play when logging in to a vicinity of a barrel (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T153426)
  • Barrel open/close would play when collecting water
  • Breaking of glass on a vehicle would play when logging in to a vicinity of a vehicle (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T153443)
  • It was possible to dig a stash in big wooden shed
  • The bleeding indicator could disappear after relog
  • Rags were not showing their damage state correctly
  • Falsely displayed "next part" widget on an opened fence
  • Flag pole attachments were not dropped when the base was dismantled
  • Combining certain items resulted in incorrect final quantity
  • Plate carrier pouches in the inventory were dropping their content after re-logging (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T159162)

CHANGED

• Melee block is now directional
  • Slightly more wear added to the KA-74 45 round magazine
  • Reduced armor value against health and shock damage on plate carrier
  • Reduced durability of the plate carrier
  • Slightly reduced durability of the police vest
  • Increased repair kit consumption for plate carrier, press vest and police vest
  • Epoxy putty can also be used to repair vests
  • Lowered the frequency of light symptoms of the wound infection (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T155243)
  • Lowered the frequency of fever blur effect (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T159309)
  • Lowered the strength of the radial blur effect (on wound infection and hit effect)

SERVER

• Server administrators can no longer use game port for the successful RCon connection to a server. Server owners have to set up the RConPort parameter in the BattlEye config, only that port will work. Refer to https://www.battleye.com/support/documentation/ for more information. (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T159179)

MODDING

• Fixed: Calling super in return could be returning null
  • Tweaked: In DayZInfectedType.c heavyAttAmmo path is now different from lightAttAmmo in order to allow modders to set different damage values to different attack sets
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

Appreciate how you have fixed the audio glitch bug (The one where you would switch input device and it would cancel out most of the ambient in-game sounds, which gave you a huge advantage). Luckily I don't think there are very many people aware of this glitch, hence why I never mentioned it or brought it up. Anyway loving this new patch… definitely a step in the right direction. Thank you