lynn.zaw

Experimental Update 1.13 (Changelog)

Just tried 1.13 Experimental after taking a break from DayZ for quite a while. The new infected difficulty is really adding a PvE challenge that was sorely needed given how much time one spends alone in this game, unless playing with a group. Its becoming much more engaging and I actually have a reason to use my weapons, which is fun. Whatever you do from this point forward, don't make the game easier. That turns it into a walking simulator.

Edited by GamerWarrior2000
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 2

8 hours ago, Girth Brooks said:

Not much different than a flatearther twitter page. Speculation at best.

except that all info there was proven to be true, there were even pictures from workbench from arma reforger before they got DMCA’d

Edited by TheSzepy

16 hours ago, GamerWarrior2000 said:

Just tried 1.13 Experimental after taking a break from DayZ for quite a while. The new infected difficulty is really adding a PvE challenge that was sorely needed given how much time one spends alone in this game, unless playing with a group. Its becoming much more engaging and I actually have a reason to use my weapons, which is fun. Whatever you do from this point forward, don't make the game easier. That turns it into a walking simulator.

I agree, there wasn't much reason to use silenced pistols at all, I like the changes to the infected, but I still liked the old gun sound ranges more (but make it so that infected still don't hear silenced pistols like it is now).

I also really like the changes to blocking, it was too RNG before, but now it's actually rewarding and worth it and does what it's supposed to do.

Also the new runner zeds have "triggered" me more than a few times... I see them do a quick run and immediately think that they aggroed onto somebody... or think that it's a player for a brief moment... more variety is good for this game.

Now all we need is for the infected to be able to spawn indoors, dark indoor areas (indoor areas can be oddly lighted up, ambient occlusion might do the trick), quicker toggle of the weapon flashlight, fixed lighting issues that makes it disappear at around 100 meters when you zoom in, some more character status feedback improvements, changes to gun handling to be more like that one recent mod, zed pathfinding "wallhacks" fixes where they can find the perfect pathing in every situation, sometimes even when you sneak towards the backdoor... plenty of things to do that are on my personal wishlist, but it's been a good patch, and it's only experimental.

Idk if the leg meta is still as OP as it was in 1.12 (any large round shot to the legs = uncon + broken legs)

I might try to get a few people to try out this patch once it goes to stable... and that says a lot.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, GamerWarrior2000 said:

yes infected difficulty is absolutely vital for the game

Balance is a must. 

there must be severe risks for pvp and pve. Balance pve enough it should change pvp. If survivors cant survive after the fight. More loot gets recycled. More danger and less reward = balance. 

i play quite stealthily, as i learned that i leave alot of evidence and all the times i got caught out was leaving infected bodies about. I get caught by 2 players too.

I cook on a camp stove, i burn excess equipment / ammo before i log out or i dump harmless stuff where it spawns. I never use fires, unless i have to. I started dumping equipment, or unused. 

Changing the infected would make big changes

2 hours ago, cookoff013 said:

Balance is a must. 

there must be severe risks for pvp and pve. Balance pve enough it should change pvp. If survivors cant survive after the fight. More loot gets recycled. More danger and less reward = balance. 

i play quite stealthily, as i learned that i leave alot of evidence and all the times i got caught out was leaving infected bodies about. I get caught by 2 players too.

I cook on a camp stove, i burn excess equipment / ammo before i log out or i dump harmless stuff where it spawns. I never use fires, unless i have to. I started dumping equipment, or unused. 

Changing the infected would make big changes

Yes there should be balance but PvE was just way too easy after the initial threat of starvation as a fresh spawn. It is still way too easy to find food. Unless you constantly run to military bases, even on a 60 pop server you can go without encounters for hours as a lone wolf player. Chernarus is huge. You can create encounters if you purposely run towards every shot you hear, but this is lame meta in a game where the goal is to survive, not to try and find ways to get yourself killed. As a lone wolf, I want to feel like the environment is a threat, not that I have the potential to intentionally create threats within a sheltered, cozy environment. Its the apocalypse for goodness sake! I'm very much a stealthy player as well and the new challenge with infected causes some friction as the game gives me reason to fire my weapons or else get swarmed. My deaths are typically getting randomly spotted and ambushed when traveling (only so much you can do to avoid this), an encounter at a military base, or a glitch. However, with the changes in this update a new possibility of death is being swarmed by infected if I am not adequately armed or unwilling to shoot when things get risky.

Edited by GamerWarrior2000
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 2

^

I've often said that players should start on a fuller stomach, but food sources should be made rarer in the game, so that food becomes a truly necessary thing for the player to worry about throughout the game. At the moment, once you are over that hump at the beginning where starvation is a danger, you never have to worry about even being mildly hungry again.

Presently, I'm on Spaggies Deer Isle and it's a tough map in the beginning. But once I'd found a knife and a small gun I was sorted as far as food was concerned. I just killed a few chickens and bish, bash, bosh, hunger was no longer an issue. Once I found a rifle, I killed a deer and now I'm completely full with food to spare. I know from here on in, I'll be able to find food with no bother, because there are so many animals on the map, I'll be spoilt for choice. I'll never even have to pick up that can of peaches or beans.

A good 90% of my deaths are from snipers. Someone shooting me from miles away that you can do nothing about. I'll generally be very careful going through any town and check it out first. At military sites I am super cautious and will generally avoid encounters with humans. So, I am curious too about how the infected will act in 1.13. I think the devs are going in the right direction with making them are credible threat. In 1.12, they were ok. But I'd make them harder still. Once you have a silenced pistol, they cease to be a problem.

What I'd really like to see regarding the infected is for a large increase in their number. But that isn't going to happen. I'd like to see a situation where you overlook a town and see that there's a huge number of infected and you need to make a choice whether to go and loot or move on. If you're desparate enough, you may have to try and risk it.

That's true survival. Not running around until your shot by some twat in a guile suit who's been camping in the one spot shooting new spawns for the last 4 hours.

Edited by Tonyeh
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, Tonyeh said:

What I'd really like to see regarding the infected is for a large increase in their number. But that isn't going to happen. I'd like to see a situation where you overlook a town and see that there's a huge number of infected and you need to make a choice whether to go and loot or move on. If you're desparate enough, you may have to try and risk it.

That's true survival. Not running around until your shot by some twat in a guile suit who's been camping in the one spot shooting new spawns for the last 4 hours.

this is it really, but it puts so much strain on the server the only one I have seen done it had like 10 or 20 slots.

I agree. Even two random infected running around makes it interesting.

watching infected chase chickens is cool.

9 hours ago, Buakaw said:

this is it really, but it puts so much strain on the server the only one I have seen done it had like 10 or 20 slots.

I might be imagining things but I think they have increased their numbers somewhat in 1.13, I haven looked at the files yet but some areas definitely feel more infested. As for server performance that is an issue, but mostly on official server run as multiple sessions on shared machines, servers on strong dedicated machines can run with twice or three times the number of zeds without melting.

8 hours ago, Derleth said:

I might be imagining things but I think they have increased their numbers somewhat in 1.13, I haven looked at the files yet but some areas definitely feel more infested. As for server performance that is an issue, but mostly on official server run as multiple sessions on shared machines, servers on strong dedicated machines can run with twice or three times the number of zeds without melting.

Yeah i just got swarmed in Svetlo by the biggest horde ever seen, around 30. It was really cool and i barely made it out. Sadly Novo and Cernaya Polana were not half as overrun. It feld like L4D hahaha

On 6/24/2021 at 7:56 PM, thepoey said:

There's never been a hard confirmation of this. It's just all rumors. 

That said, we know the team is pretty small, and we know the lead animator was moved to another BI project at some point in 2019, which is probably where the speculation comes from, but the "No animator!" stuff is all conjecture and speculation regardless. It's never been confirmed by anyone from The Dev Team that there is no animator. I also wouldn't expect that to be confirmed. 

Also noteworthy is a comment in the early 2021 status report about the team needing to utilize "existing assets" for updates, which I guess you could infer as their way of saying "we can only use what we already have." 

It's definitely not the most insane thing I've seen this community speculate on; it's definitely a reasonable assumption to make. It's pretty clear that DayZ is not remotely a priority for Bohemia Interactive, and it's frustrating the studio doesn't want to invest more into it. 

Glass half full: The Dev Team also stated they were looking to expand the team; it's entirely possible a new animation lead could be part of that. Anyone who tells you they know otherwise for sure is just guessing. 

I think the fact that all the new guns that have been added save for the revolver all use animations for guns already in the game, the animation for the revolver could have been a 1 off job and the rest of the time the team is without an animator. In any case the 2021 roadmap said they would be hiring more people which i think is crucial for this game. I believe that once Arma 4 has been shat out with a significant update to the enfusion engine, dayz development will skyrocket.

On 6/24/2021 at 11:56 AM, thepoey said:

There's never been a hard confirmation of this. It's just all rumors. 

That said, we know the team is pretty small, and we know the lead animator was moved to another BI project at some point in 2019, which is probably where the speculation comes from, but the "No animator!" stuff is all conjecture and speculation regardless. It's never been confirmed by anyone from The Dev Team that there is no animator. I also wouldn't expect that to be confirmed. 

Also noteworthy is a comment in the early 2021 status report about the team needing to utilize "existing assets" for updates, which I guess you could infer as their way of saying "we can only use what we already have." 

It's definitely not the most insane thing I've seen this community speculate on; it's definitely a reasonable assumption to make. It's pretty clear that DayZ is not remotely a priority for Bohemia Interactive, and it's frustrating the studio doesn't want to invest more into it. 

Glass half full: The Dev Team also stated they were looking to expand the team; it's entirely possible a new animation lead could be part of that. Anyone who tells you they know otherwise for sure is just guessing. 

While this is a good point, there are no sources on where this comes from, it most likely came from Sumrak on his stream as he often relays alot of future to-do list of things and problems surrounding the game....still actually having a link to it would help. It is not terribly important from my view as they have larger over-arching problems and even balancing weapons/armor can be a drag on dev time anytime they want to do it.

I think amount of zombies spawned with plate carriers is too much. For example 3 days ago i was in zelenogorsk and had 3 zombies with plate carrier and since zombies respawn pretty often it could be abused which cause plate carriers being more common than it is right now. Also heres some problem with melee weapon animation. When im trying to up my axe for hit nearby zombie it just didnt do it so i couldnt make a stealth kill. Also i think everybody heared this strange boom sounds out of the map. people told me it means that helicrush spawned. if its correct i would like to have your word on that dayz support. 

overall i happy with the gameplay on experimental but still the fact that i have to shoot a guy with 3 bullets on 50m range from VSD to kill him is not ok for me.

and heres some photos from my survival in dayz exp xDpuc2ynMj2cg.jpg?size=1280x720&quality=96fmcyxCAdjX4.jpg?size=1280x720&quality=96unknown.png?width=960&height=540

• Like 1

have you guys seen any bears in 1.13? i walked from the ski resort to Tisy and didn't see any bears :~(

PC Experimental 1.13 Update 3: Version 1.13.154025 (Released on 01.07.2021)

GAME

FIXED

• Issues with placing in the green guard house
  • Breaking down a long stick would only spawn one short stick

CHANGED

• Increased the health of the Firefighter Axe to match other axes
  • Reduced the weight of the Ghillie Rifle Wrap

CENTRAL ECONOMY

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, Kyiara said:

Breaking down a long stick would only spawn one short stick

Nice! I had encountered this multiple times while cooking (gathering wood), glad it's resolved.

1 hour ago, Kyiara said:
  • Increased the health of the Firefighter Axe to match other axes
  • Reduced the weight of the Ghillie Rifle Wrap

These 2 changes are also nice, although... shouldn't firefighter axe be more durable than the rest? after all it's a professional tool, idk if it's same damage wise, but it's rarer for sure...
And ghillie rifle wrap is a nice QOL improvement, I rarely see people using them/crafting them...

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Haha 1

My devs. I implore you, please let us place shelters/tents under watchtowers again. Beautiful leather shelters and medium tents under a bases watchtowers brought so much joy and organisation. 

For love of god fix fps for amd gpus in 1.14 thank you it's 2021 it's time to stop favouring brands 

Edited by mobbie
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, mobbie said:

For love of god fix fps for amd gpus in 1.14 thank you it's 2021 it's time to stop favouring brands 

I don't think its favoritism. it's just that DayZ devs can't do it, they need help from other branches of Bohemia.

but yeah... fix for rx5000 and rx6000 would be nice.

45 minutes ago, DefectiveWater said:

I don't think its favoritism. it's just that DayZ devs can't do it, they need help from other branches of Bohemia.

but yeah... fix for rx5000 and rx6000 would be nice.

Getting lot of time out drivers only on this game too.