lynn.zaw

Experimental Update 1.13 (Changelog)

33 minutes ago, Girth Brooks said:

I've heard those booms too, like distant thunder or something. Also most of the wolf packs I've encountered have been silent up to the point they attack. Not sure if this has been an issue for a bit.

I think they might be players logging in with old Eggsperimental capsules, so the game activates them by itself and removes the captured animals/zombies.

My character had like 10 capsules lol, i logged in and I heard a loud sound.

1 hour ago, Girth Brooks said:

Also most of the wolf packs I've encountered have been silent up to the point they attack. Not sure if this has been an issue for a bit.

This sounds related to another audio issue https://feedback.bistudio.com/T159143

@lynn.zaw

I think the infected are well done on this patch, so kudos to the devs for the hard work!  👍

One thing I would still like to see (and which hopefully wouldn't be hard to program) would be increased randomness between their hits.  You have introduced different attacks with this patch which is great and I like that all hits can now be blocked, but what would be even better would be more unexpected hits.

Example: Infected goes to hit me, I block him and back up slightly.  He comes at me and goes to hit me again, I block him and get ready to hit back, but he hits me again and then hits me a second time so quickly that I didn't have time to block or hit back.

In other words, get rid of what seems to be patterns in the delays between their hits and just make it random.  One infected might only try to hit you once before you kill him, whereas the next one might hit you three or four times in a row before you even get a chance to respond.  If each and every infected interaction was slightly different, that would be epic.

Edited by drgullen
typo

15 hours ago, KommanderWar-94971bcb672f9055 said:

VRAM de 4 GB, MEU DEUS, como joguei isso com 1 GB? apparently 90 fps is low these days, a week ago i played at 20 fps is that low?

Fps is fine for now but till get closer to the city you can see huge fps drops gets worse in town before this one i have 16gb of vram and 32gb of ddr4 at 3600mhz this pc aint low end at all

ryzen 5600x
asus rog crosshair viii hero (wi-fi) amd x570
rx 6800 xt aorus master
32gb Gskill rgb CL16 3600mhz
1TB P1 nvme 1x 2TB MX500s

Had better fps running a 2080ti at the same max settings at 1440. mind you 2080ti is %48 slower than a rx 6800xt

Edited by mobbie
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

Some thoughts (imho):

Depending only on your loot luck to be able to desinfect is not a very good mechanic.

Is it possible to desinfect rags in a cooking pot on a camp fire or ofen?

Z blocking should only work for Z in front of you. Otherwise its kinda silly op.

Plate Carrier need a nerv. Balancing by making it harder to find (is it?) is not the best idea.

Edited by andro_dawton

18 hours ago, vitdom said:

I keep hearing some kind of new distant Artillery noises at random in this new update. I hope they do mean something, otherwise it's just really irritating and scary especially for those who couldn't figure out what it was, like me. Are we going to get struck by Artillery Strikes now???

FFS, I hope not.

The game is bad enough as it is, with people running around like tanks and holding a small arsenal of weapons.

It's supposed to be a zombie apocalypse survival game. Not a WWIII sim.

• Like 1

As usual crickets from the devs on the vehicle issues.   I guess adding clothing is more important than fixing the only mode of transportation in the game.   Wouldn't we all be better off with just removing vehicles altogether?  I mean the devs removed guns to fix them, but didn't do anything with the vehicles except leave the buggy pieces of crap in the game for us to all suffer through.

Edited by THEGordonFreeman
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 2

18 hours ago, mobbie said:

Fps is fine for now but till get closer to the city you can see huge fps drops gets worse in town before this one i have 16gb of vram and 32gb of ddr4 at 3600mhz this pc aint low end at all

ryzen 5600x
asus rog crosshair viii hero (wi-fi) amd x570
rx 6800 xt aorus master
32gb Gskill rgb CL16 3600mhz
1TB P1 nvme 1x 2TB MX500s

Had better fps running a 2080ti at the same max settings at 1440. mind you 2080ti is %48 slower than a rx 6800xt

did you change nothing except gpu?

8 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

As usual crickets from the devs on the vehicle issues.   I guess adding clothing is more important than fixing the only mode of transportation in the game.   Wouldn't we all be better off with just removing vehicles altogether?  I mean the devs removed guns to fix them, but didn't do anything with the vehicles except leave the buggy pieces of crap in the game for us to all suffer through.

Vehicles do need a fix to be more stable on high traffic servers or bad network, but the general function is actually really good. Official servers need better hardware and lower ping limits, that should basically take care of all of this... Don't expect any engine fixes anytime soon, it probably won't happen before Arma Reforger or whatever it is called has been released.

• Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Vehicles do need a fix to be more stable on high traffic servers or bad network, but the general function is actually really good. Official servers need better hardware and lower ping limits, that should basically take care of all of this... Don't expect any engine fixes anytime soon, it probably won't happen before Arma Reforger or whatever it is called has been released.

I ran DayZ servers for years and on great hardware with less than 20 players, standard vanilla vehicles were never consistent.  So unless you are playing on a server with very few others, vehicles are not consistent.  I know this for fact, first hand knowledge of running mutiple DayZ servers for years.  Even now, I know several current large communities that are trying every trick in the book to keep players from constantly bitching about vehicles and losing gear.  It is fact, that community servers are basically keeping this game alive.   Mods like car cover should not be needed to keep the server from tanking and vehicles in place.  It's a workaround.  The Devs SHOULD have fixed this years ago.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

3 hours ago, Buakaw said:

did you change nothing except gpu?

went from 3700x to 5600x and 2080ti to a 6800xt

No pens I'll pass. I refuse to use discord and making communication with walkies is impossible. Can't trust people enough to have a face to face. I don't know what the issue with pens was but I just wont play till they return them as promised. Sorry not everyone is into PVP and I would like a safe means of communication when I learn I have new neighbors. Game suffers greatly without them. Everyone that enjoys they survival aspect knows this.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

I ran DayZ servers for years and on great hardware with less than 20 players, standard vanilla vehicles were never consistent.  So unless you are playing on a server with very few others, vehicles are not consistent.  I know this for fact, first hand knowledge of running mutiple DayZ servers for years.  Even now, I know several current large communities that are trying every trick in the book to keep players from constantly bitching about vehicles and losing gear.  It is fact, that community servers are basically keeping this game alive.   Mods like car cover should not be needed to keep the server from tanking and vehicles in place.  It's a workaround.  The Devs SHOULD have fixed this years ago.

Im terrified of dayz vehicals

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Hey devs we all love your game and all but can you come here for a second?  Closer.  Little closer…

FIX THE VEHICLES

glad I could get that off my chest 😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Did I mention that the vehicles are still trash?  We want them fixed or at the very least publicly say something about it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Jonoats said:

Did I mention that the vehicles are still trash?  We want them fixed or at the very least publicly say something about it.  

Imagine not giving feedback about 1.13 changes and continuing to yell like a mad man about something that has been acknowledged already and is planned to get fixed by ideally end of the year...

Pretty much you can expect vehicle fixes when Arma 4 or whatever releases, because why wouldn't they use same tech in DayZ and Arma.

I'm not trying to defend BI, but come on... like Vehicles are the only thing in this game? yes, they suck when the conditions aren't ideal, but there's much more (kinda...) to this game than vehicles

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Girth Brooks said:

Arma and Dayz work differently as far a vehicles are concerned. Not the same.

but Arma 4 is supposedly gonna use Enfusion engine as well, DayZ is using it too to some extent. I'm just guessing, but I guess it's not unrealistic that DayZ will get fixed vehicles as Arma 4 releases.

16 hours ago, mobbie said:

went from 3700x to 5600x and 2080ti to a 6800xt

so you changed your entire PC and reinstalled windows? so many things could be holding you back. done any benchmarks? if you want you can pm me and I can try to help

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

but Arma 4 is supposedly gonna use Enfusion engine as well, DayZ is using it too to some extent. I'm just guessing, but I guess it's not unrealistic that DayZ will get fixed vehicles as Arma 4 releases.

Arma 4 is still years away.... with all the speculations about an possible Cold War based MP only game called Reforger running on Enfusion, it seems though that they are working on the vehicle front xD...but as I said...speculations

3 hours ago, Private Evans said:

Arma 4 is still years away.... with all the speculations about an possible Cold War based MP only game called Reforger running on Enfusion, it seems though that they are working on the vehicle front xD...but as I said...speculations

BI doesn't exactly have a great reputation when it comes to communicating with it's players on multiple games.  In particular, DayZ has been a complete disaster.  Somehow, they think they can keep the stink down by ONLY peeping their heads up out of the water 4 times a year now with an update.... that rarely addresses the underlying problems.   I just got off experimental, and yes, vehicles are still crap.  I love this game, but until the devs actually do something about the condition vehicles are currently in and talk to us about it, I will not stop reminding them about how crappy they are.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Buakaw said:

so you changed your entire PC and reinstalled windows? so many things could be holding you back. done any benchmarks? if you want you can pm me and I can try to help

don't think anything would be holding it back on an 8 year old game? no, it's just this game just hates AMD GPUs few posts about it under their steam page and few on reddit and amds own community for gpus going as far back as 5000 cards. For CPU change doesn't need windows reinstall but already did one 

Edited by mobbie

played 1.13 chernarus got to NWAF:

feels like the zombies are less sensitive so I could sneak around without triggering too many. coast zombies seem pretty easy and not a threat feels like its back to 1.11. at NWAF I ran into 2 officer zombies. they seem to scream louder but I already drew alot of zombies on me so I didn't notice a difference unless they cause more to spawn?. checked to see if they had any special loot, they had the nice officer hat so I took it haha. saw some runner zombies they were always running instead of doing the slow shuffle but I'm not sure what the point was because it seems like they still only move about in the same small area like the other zombies. maybe the runner is for sounds to trick the player into thinking there is another player around as real players sprint everywhere? once they attack the runner seemed to be just as fast as a regular zombie.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

8 hours ago, mobbie said:

don't think anything would be holding it back on an 8 year old game? no, it's just this game just hates AMD GPUs few posts about it under their steam page and few on reddit and amds own community for gpus going as far back as 5000 cards. For CPU change doesn't need windows reinstall but already did one 

Yeah, lots of rx5000 users with issues too, hopefully it gets resolved as console performance is fixed (mainly ps5) as they use AMD GPUs...