lynn.zaw

Stable Update 1.11

8 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

That could be an explanation, but at the same time it would be strange, because we used it regularly and got no disease from it. That led to believe that it is more of an intentional clean water source. 

I meant that it would be a bug that it can't be used now. I've been using those myself for a while, they're a good water source. I mean the mechanic used when filling bottles seems to be shared with other open water bodies rather than a water well. I don't think this has been intentionally removed so I think it's a bug. And the fact some lakes/ponds/streams don't work either seems to confirm that.

Another bug I've noticed is that dead zombies tend to float in the air more now than before 1.10. Now it is downright silly - run over 7-8 zeds with a car and more than half will be floating in face height after you've passed by. This needs to be looked at, just as zeds clipping partly through closed doors etc. This kind of thing gives an unfinished, unprofessional impression and really shouldn't be an issue this far into post release production.

Edited by Derleth

3 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Another bug I've noticed is that dead zombies tend to float in the air more now than before 1.10. Now it is downright silly - run over 7-8 zeds with a car an more than half will be floating in face height after you've passed by. This needs to be looked at, just as zeds clipping partly through closed doors etc. This kind of thing gives an unfinished, unprofessional impression and really shouldn't be an issue this far into post release production.

Oh yes, I've noticed that too.

A lot more of them are also locked in buildings now. Since they are generated when you approach a certain radius, it means that the game spawns them inside. That by itself is not necessarily a bad thing, I'm just not convinced it is intentional 😄 

1 hour ago, William Sternritter said:

A lot more of them are also locked in buildings now. Since they are generated when you approach a certain radius, it means that the game spawns them inside. That by itself is not necessarily a bad thing, I'm just not convinced it is intentional 😄 

I really like it when that happens.

I got surprised by a ninja zombie in a building yesterday and shot him. But despite having a suppressor on the gun, it alerted about 10 of the swines that were outside the building who then swarmed inside. Absolute panic stations.

That's one thing I'd really like to see sorted in 2021 though. Suppressors on firearms that DON'T attract every zed within a 5 mile radius. How hard can that be to implement?

8 minutes ago, Tonyeh said:

I got surprised by a ninja zombie in a building yesterday and shot him. But despite having a suppressor on the gun, it alerted about 10 of the swines that were outside the building who then swarmed inside. Absolute panic stations.

That's one thing I'd really like to see sorted in 2021 though. Suppressors on firearms that DON'T attract every zed within a 5 mile radius. How hard can that be to implement?

we are talking about the dayz team here tonyeh 😐😐

21 minutes ago, Tonyeh said:

thats because the vanilla suppresors noisemodifying value is so low that it does literally nothing, 2 minute fix even with filepacking & quick test

the second thing is noise from bullet impact

Edited by TheSzepy

On 3/9/2021 at 1:30 PM, William Sternritter said:

Back in 1.09, I think, this was usable as water source and now it isn't, why did it change? I understand that it is maybe a bit too much to have it be practically a well, but could it at least be used as a limited water supply? On this location specifically, it was exactly what made it such a great spot for a base.

CFauCHf.jpg

It's still usable. Getting the prompt just sucks and is very "finicky" 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, thepoey said:

It's still usable. Getting the prompt just sucks and is very "finicky" 

I've been finding with 1.11 that the prompts for a few things have been that way. The Fill Bottle prompt at wells can be awkward too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

I've been finding with 1.11 that the prompts for a few things have been that way. The Fill Bottle prompt at wells can be awkward too.

Yeah, I noticed, often I would end in crouch but the action interupted and I had to re-trigger it. 

We need a HOTFIX for the god damn servers, they "all" lag when full pop, it's unplayable (laggy/teleporting players, Zeds stuck and/or not chasing, lot of desync)... FFS!

11 hours ago, SillyJoe said:

We need a HOTFIX for the god damn servers, they "all" lag when full pop, it's unplayable (laggy/teleporting players, Zeds stuck and/or not chasing, lot of desync)... FFS!

There is no "hotfix" for hardware related issues bruh.

Official servers are using garbage hardware and they cannot handle the load. Simple as that.

So you should just find a better community server since the chances of Bohemia upgrading their server hardware is highly unlikely.

Edited by 'AZAZEL'

10 hours ago, 'AZAZEL' said:

Bohemia upgrading their server hardware is highly unlikely

they don't have any servers, servers are run by outside providers.

13 hours ago, 'AZAZEL' said:

There is no "hotfix" for hardware related issues bruh.

Official servers are using garbage hardware and they cannot handle the load. Simple as that.

So you should just find a better community server since the chances of Bohemia upgrading their server hardware is highly unlikely.

It doesn't seem to be a hardware related issue, it's the bad optimized server sided code...

It's the same story with community servers. I'm playing on console (Xbox Series X) so we can only rent servers via Nitrado and they seem to be under powered atm or BI screwed up the server sided code big time with 1.11... A full pop 50 slot servers with cars enabled can become unplayable in minutes and those servers where running pretty smooth with 70 slots + cars before 1.11!

Dupers run this game. Official servers on console are officially a M4/Gold Deagle shit show all over again. 3 weeks into the "wipe". It's so frustrating how this just isn't seemingly a priority for this development team.  

9 hours ago, thepoey said:

This is the state of DayZ on console. This needs to be fixed. 

Yea it's a shame and that's why I left official servers long time ago. There are some decent community servers with whitelisting but If you don't pick the right one you might have to deal with admin abuse on those servers.

The other game breaking thing is the ultra weak server performance since 1.11, so even fresh wiped community servers with 50 slots and cars disabled become almost unplayable when full pop after a couple of minutes.... The same goes for official (full pop = lagfest with lot of desync, non-working AI, teleporting/laggy players, aso.).
So the devs don't need to only fix (game breaking) bugs, they also have to fix the god damn servers/server side of DayZ!

Console crowd is for the majority kids and teenagers, what do you expect? 

Ofc there are adults on console but the ratio compared to pc is very very small. And Lets face it, that player categorie doesn't think about the "others" yet. 

Not saying pc is the best, but to start decent pc gaming you need bigger pockets and more knowledge.

Edit; and yes pc suffers from Duping and abuse too, Just to a lesser ratio extend because the bigger available choices

Edited by McWendy

On 3/14/2021 at 10:00 AM, McWendy said:

Console crowd is for the majority kids and teenagers, what do you expect? 

Ofc there are adults on console but the ratio compared to pc is very very small. And Lets face it, that player categorie doesn't think about the "others" yet. 

Not saying pc is the best, but to start decent pc gaming you need bigger pockets and more knowledge.

Edit; and yes pc suffers from Duping and abuse too, Just to a lesser ratio extend because the bigger available choices

Doesn't matter, shouldn't be on the audience or platform to expect the game to be free of cheating. If anything, aside from the rampant duping, Console is free of cheats and hacking; it's mostly just bug exploits that cause problems. 

And really, for Xbox anyway, it's much less about the "audience" and more about the fact that the game is on Xbox Game Pass, so the potential audience is EXTREMELY LARGE, as the game is essentially free for a lot of people. The only boon to this is that the people duping usually get bored and move on, but it still completely screws up the loot economy. It also kills potential growth in audience for new players, which sucks. 

I prefer playing DayZ on PC, but since my gaming circle is all console gamers, that's where I spent most of my time in game. Regardless, at this point in the game's life cycle, duping should not be so rampant, regardless of the platform. @ImpulZ

Kinda surprised the mods haven't lost their shit with someone posting a dupe video with instructions. They must have jumped ship too.

6 minutes ago, Girth Brooks said:

Kinda surprised the mods haven't lost their shit with someone posting a dupe video with instructions. They must have jumped ship too.

Yeah I even called Them out in a post. Had a decent suggestion aswell. Nothing. 

Only thing saving this game is mods but not the person kind. 

1 hour ago, Girth Brooks said:

I normally don't like posting or drawing attention to that shit, but I am increasingly seeing it on twitter and youtube, and if they don't get a handle on it, it's just going to get even more out of control. 

On 3/13/2021 at 5:05 AM, SillyJoe said:

It doesn't seem to be a hardware related issue, it's the bad optimized server sided code...

It's the same story with community servers. I'm playing on console (Xbox Series X) so we can only rent servers via Nitrado and they seem to be under powered atm or BI screwed up the server sided code big time with 1.11... A full pop 50 slot servers with cars enabled can become unplayable in minutes and those servers where running pretty smooth with 70 slots + cars before 1.11!

It's both actually... official servers are doo doo... freakin' i see a lot of 100 player servers super duper moddrd and they run better then official vanilla 60 players xD

5 hours ago, McWendy said:

Yeah I even called Them out in a post. Had a decent suggestion aswell. Nothing. 

Only thing saving this game is mods but not the person kind. 

You have no idea how depressing it is when moderators are gone and forums is lead only by die hard fans. Once my favorite game, now slowly dying.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Just Caused said:

Once my favorite game, now slowly dying.

Only those garbage official servers and console ports are bruh.... community servers here on PC are alive and well.

Edited by 'AZAZEL'
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Just Caused said:

You have no idea how depressing it is when moderators are gone and forums is lead only by die hard fans. Once my favorite game, now slowly dying.

Ofcourse i do, i feel you. Been here the whole ride.. 😉

@'AZAZEL'yes mate you are right. Namalsk on spaggie put life back in it for me.

Now if only i had my bow and snare some traps life would be beautifull. 🤗

8 hours ago, McWendy said:

Ofcourse i do, i feel you. Been here the whole ride.. 😉

@'AZAZEL'yes mate you are right. Namalsk on spaggie put life back in it for me.

Now if only i had my bow and snare some traps life would be beautifull. 🤗

Snaretrap mod exists, I use it on my Winter Chernarus server, you can even catch foxes and hares, not just rabbits. Bows are of course in a few mods too but due to non-existent animation tools they are still based on firearms, so when notching a new arrow you do the reload animation of some rifle (or pistol in some cases I've heard). Nor will you pull the actual string, but the sound is right and you see an arrow flying. The animations do look wonky, but with a bit of suspension-of-belief I'll take it, at least until devs feel fit to either give modders tools to properly import and configure custom animations (why is this still not a thing?!?) or adding the bow themselves.

As for this forum, I must say it felt way more dead when I joined a few years back. There were a few disillusioned regulars and the odd confused newcomer like myself. Then 0.63 stress tests started and things picked up. Mods have never been very active during the time I've been here, and except for announcements/patchnotes - and a few precious posts by @ImpulZ (and Baty back in the day) - the actual team basically never say anything at all around here. 

I'd love if the team would more actively communicate with the community, but it is what it is. Looking back at some other games whose forums I have haunted, BI stand out in a not so flattering way. They just don't seem to like communication, period. I get the impression the dev team has been told to simply not talk. The twitter account is the only channel, basically.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 'AZAZEL' said:

Only those garbage official servers and console ports are bruh.... community servers here on PC are alive and well.

Don't get me wrong, there is no correct way to play any game. If you enjoy just looking at the ground, do it. But I think the original DayZ feel that made me love this game so much is gone. I loved staying up all night planning how will my journey go though Chernarus, enjoy landscaped with binoculars, hunt game, use actual civillian weapons to PvP, that thrill of fixing V3S and then finding helicrash in middle of a northern field. Nowadays I feel like 99 percent of all non official servers are modded to encourage PvP only. Everyone is running around with 4 50 cal guns and in clothes that resemble spec ops team. On the other hand, modded weapons that are actually civilian don't look the part. They somehow don't fit in DayZ, they look somehow odd, not polished. 

On the other hand, I do know few servers that are very slightly modded with guns and have mods that improve quality of life and I like playing on them, but those servers are very hard to find. Still, most people just preffer PvP only, just check any newer YT video. Maybe it always was like this, I don't know. Maybe I'm just rambling nonsense.

F93C5694B3112C18320D13D0B9F76DD4767DF673

Edited by Just Caused
  • Like 3