lynn.zaw

Stable Update 1.11

1 hour ago, Derleth said:

Aye, not asking for promises here - just some upfront information. That thing was said months ago and they haven't touched on the subject since. The "roadmap" for 2021 is yet to be seen although we are two months and one update into the year already...

Is it really too much to ask for to want a bit of communication? No dates, no promises - just an article giving a little more detail about the issue, the underlying causes and if and how they are making any progress. Looking back at the Early Access stage the old Status Reports were  mostly great, they gave you an overview of what was going on and what you could expect from upcoming updates - without digging too deep into a particular subject or giving promises and dates. Having actual "status reports" two years after 1.0 release would of course be silly, but a regular newsletter talking about current issues, plans and the game in general would be nice no matter what. Could be a bi-monthly thing.

Just something more than screenshot competitions on Twitter...

Yeah, with you on this. Been mostly radio silent and it’s already March. Any information would be good. Just some insight. Where’s the 2021 “roadmap”? 

I’m all for under promise, over deliver, but we aren’t even at the “under” stage  right now. 

• Like 1

Why releasing a Roadmap if most of these things won't be added anyways? i think they will just get more hate

22 minutes ago, PoweredByte said:

Why releasing a Roadmap if most of these things won't be added anyways? i think they will just get more hate

With the 2020 plan it worked quite well I think. I have my reservations for 10 year live service roadmaps (they are cash grab scams), but with this one it was set quire realistically and it worked. What we are of course missing is a long term plan or vision of for the game and should be set as and communicated well. 

• Beans 3

20 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

With the 2020 plan it worked quite well I think. I have my reservations for 10 year live service roadmaps (they are cash grab scams), but with this one it was set quire realistically and it worked. What we are of course missing is a long term plan or vision of for the game and should be set as and communicated well. 

True, they fulfilled everything from the 2020 roadmap. Except the amount of patches of course, but that was due to COVID. I found the 2020 roadmap pretty bare-bones though, but I honestly miss that since now we did not got anything. I mean some vision for this year would be nice. Just gives an idea to where we a heading.

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

One band-aid I can see being applied to the cars-going-hyperdrive-when-lacking-wheels-situation is the ability to not take a wheel off, but rather switch it out, so the car won't lose a mount point. Concurrently, maybe have cars spawn in with ruined wheels to an extent and have them be switched out. Body parts, luckily, don't seem to contribute to them going lift-off, so that mechanic can stay as is.
Should mention again, it's just a suggestion of band-aid solution of stability UNTIL desync issues get a proper do-over.
With my little knowledge of game development I can see this as a workaround that theoretically can help, which doesn't necessarily mean it WILL work. Open to discussion and correction, as always.

Edited by Masgel

Vocês são totalmente ridículos, aumentar o valor de um jogo cheio de bugs só pq fizeram uma  atualizaçãozinha de meia tijela!

• Haha 1

Can you now cycle between the canted sight and ACOG on the VAL? I've noticed you can now do it with modded optics so I assume it was in the most recent hotfix

Getting alot of dysnc trying to aim after I stand up from crouching with a firearm or a melee weapon, a chronic issue with dayz. Just the other day I ended up using a knife instead of the fist I saw I was using. Switching stances is definitely up there in alot of my causes of dysnc

Knives REALLY need to be sorted. They are piss poor at the moment. A couple of NORMAL uses and they're buggered. A hunters knife will be badly damaged after skinning a few chickens. This is ridiculous.

On 3/2/2021 at 2:36 AM, Derleth said:

Aye, not asking for promises here - just some upfront information. That thing was said months ago and they haven't touched on the subject since. The "roadmap" for 2021 is yet to be seen although we are two months and one update into the year already...

Is it really too much to ask for to want a bit of communication? No dates, no promises - just an article giving a little more detail about the issue, the underlying causes and if and how they are making any progress. Looking back at the Early Access stage the old Status Reports were  mostly great, they gave you an overview of what was going on and what you could expect from upcoming updates - without digging too deep into a particular subject or giving promises and dates. Having actual "status reports" two years after 1.0 release would of course be silly, but a regular newsletter talking about current issues, plans and the game in general would be nice no matter what. Could be a bi-monthly thing.

Just something more than screenshot competitions on Twitter...

Seems like all the good will gained in 2020 by putting out the first sortof roadmap and goals and following through is quickly forgotten.  Agreed its late but do you really think it will say much more than some high level concepts being worked on? It's not going to be a prioritized list of work for the year....

On 3/1/2021 at 12:38 PM, BrotherPlum said:

They know cars are janky and they know why, but fixing it isn't a small task for a development team of ~80 people.

I think you might have added a 0 on the end there.....

5 hours ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

I think you might have added a 0 on the end there.....

These days, I think it's much closer to 8 people, not 80 or 800.

On 3/6/2021 at 11:58 AM, helpthedeadwalk said:

Seems like all the good will gained in 2020 by putting out the first sortof roadmap and goals and following through is quickly forgotten.  Agreed its late but do you really think it will say much more than some high level concepts being worked on? It's not going to be a prioritized list of work for the year....

Doesn't really need to say more - it would simply be a little reassurance. Communication. While I would personally love a detailed roadmap with content goals etc, that's not necessary. Just something like what they published in the beginning of 2020. They said in the end of last year that the focus for 2021 would be stability, and to me that is sweet music. All I ask for is a little more detail about what their primary goals are with that, and a little info about the hows and whys of it.

• Beans 1

Recently, I'm getting an occasional long stutter. Screen goes black, audio cuts off. It seems quite random and usually lasts ~20 seconds.

I'm not hitting any limits whether it's VRAM or RAM. This happens on a basic Nitrado server where I'm alone. Anyone else has this? 

Edited by William Sternritter

On 3/6/2021 at 4:14 AM, Tonyeh said:

Knives REALLY need to be sorted. They are piss poor at the moment. A couple of NORMAL uses and they're buggered. A hunters knife will be badly damaged after skinning a few chickens. This is ridiculous.

When I think of what's wrong with knives,  I just think of this:

https://clips.twitch.tv/FrailAbstruseFoxOMGScoots

I literally have a backpack with about 6 knives in it now, cos they're so rubbish.

It's insane. I cut up a couple of bushes today and my "pristine" knife ended up "worn". A couple more and it would have been "damaged".

8 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

I literally have a backpack with about 6 knives in it now, cos they're so rubbish.

It's insane. I cut up a couple of bushes today and my "pristine" knife ended up "worn". A couple more and it would have been "damaged".

Blades are affected the most but generally speaking, durability of most items is a joke. I don't know who can call this hardcore survival, when all you do is hoard/constantly repair items and you are hesitant to take action because your precious Chinese dynasty porcelain item will break. How can we even have such massive swings of these values version to version ... oh the horse is dead? Never mind, here are a few more punches. Get your stuff together devs and give us real world items, not this arcade with coinflip damage check. 

12 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

Blades are affected the most but generally speaking, durability of most items is a joke. I don't know who can call this hardcore survival, when all you do is hoard/constantly repair items

because after 2,5 years from "release" this is still the only thing in game you can do apart from "slower pubg", because this is surely the original idea of dayz or all the stuff/features Dean Hall talked about in the beggining of development

Back in 1.09, I think, this was usable as water source and now it isn't, why did it change? I understand that it is maybe a bit too much to have it be practically a well, but could it at least be used as a limited water supply? On this location specifically, it was exactly what made it such a great spot for a base.

CFauCHf.jpg

16 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

Back in 1.09, I think, this was usable as water source and now it isn't, why did it change? I understand that it is maybe a bit too much to have it be practically a well, but could it at least be used as a limited water supply? On this location specifically, it was exactly what made it such a great spot for a base.

CFauCHf.jpg

I would assume it is a bug if not usable, it was last time I tried. Come to think of it there might be some kind of bug with filling bottles from ponds/lakes/streams - and I think the trough works like a body of water rather than a well. It has been inconsistent for me recently - some places I can refill at, some places not.

59 minutes ago, Derleth said:

I would assume it is a bug if not usable, it was last time I tried. Come to think of it there might be some kind of bug with filling bottles from ponds/lakes/streams - and I think the trough works like a body of water rather than a well. It has been inconsistent for me recently - some places I can refill at, some places not.

That could be an explanation, but at the same time it would be strange, because we used it regularly and got no disease from it. That led to believe that it is more of an intentional clean water source.