ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.10 (Changelog)

5 hours ago, moeb1us said:

btw: I play on DayOne servers, and driving a car is smooth as fuck. Even flying a helicopter is possible and working great. People having problems with their car experience should think about changing the server they play on...

dayone server have basebuilding disabled what improves server's perfromance drastically

13 hours ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

I know vehicles are far from perfect, but they get much worse on underpowered servers with too many mods and/or too many players. That basically describes most rental GSP.

Just want to point out the modded servers are NOT covered or supported by the Devs. When you log in to modded servers it tells you that it can cause stability issues and to use them at your own risk.

Devs aren't concerned about modded servers, they are worried about official servers. Server mod issueissues are the mod authors problem and the server admin to insure they are installed correctly.

13 hours ago, zBS-788d5ef71cd43a71 said:

Why not fix aiming lag 

There was no such problem before. 

You added delayed aiming in order to fix ghost bullets

This problem is not for everyone. Only people with high ping will have this 

Very unfair and unreasonable

You are online discrimination

The problem of the game itself makes the player suffer

just fix aiming lag ok?What are you thinking about using bugs to fix bugs

I had a good time with version 1.06. Although there are ghost bullets,it’s better than seeing the enemy raising the gun  aiming,It will freeze and cannot shoot immediately,right?

We already explained to you the reason you get aim lag us because you chose to play on a server with high latency. That's not a game issue, that's a you issue.

@ImpulZ I have issue i play on experimental server and cant heal myself. Already eat 10 charcoal tablets and 10 tetracycline Pills and still has bacteria. I relog 5 times or more nothing help.

1 hour ago, tandwan said:

We already explained to you the reason you get aim lag us because you chose to play on a server with high latency. That's not a game issue, that's a you issue.

Not true, this happens with players around you regardless of what your ping to the server is. Everyone contributes to this issue, not just your client. It is the same reason why cars misbehave and de-syncs happen. I have seen this even on a private (vanilla) server with just two players while my friend had shitty connection. As soon as he changed the connection, all run buttery smooth for both of us. 

• Beans 2

1 hour ago, William Sternritter said:

Not true, this happens with players around you regardless of what your ping to the server is. Everyone contributes to this issue, not just your client. It is the same reason why cars misbehave and de-syncs happen. I have seen this even on a private (vanilla) server with just two players while my friend had shitty connection. As soon as he changed the connection, all run buttery smooth for both of us. 

Well, official servers will kick you for pinging over 300ms.  This is the solution used by the game maker.  One moment of latency above 300ms and you're done. Ghost Bullet Dude keeps bringing up the same issue.  He's playing on a laggy and modded server.  He also suggests finding a server that's above the 300ms barrier and then experience the ill effects.  In order to agree with him.  He wants the developers to fix the lag on laggy servers, as far as I can tell.

@ImpulZ

Loving the patch so far -- awesome work by everyone involved!

One thing that seems to need obvious balancing to me is how quickly knives go to ruined.  I found one that was pristine soon after spawning and decided to go fishing to combat my hunger.  I used the knife to cut up a few rags, cut a bit of bark off a tree, dig up two worms and fillet two fish.  I was actually not able to do all of that, because right after filleting the first fish, the knife went to ruined.  I think that is far too fast to ruin a pristine knife, they should last at least twice as long as they do currently.

A tweak to how quickly things with temperature cool off (like cooked meat and heat packs) would be nice as well.  I really like that meat can no longer keep you warm forever, but you've swung the pendulum a bit too far the other way I'd say as the temperature vanishes very fast.  I think you should probably get a good 10 to 15 minutes of warmth with cooked meat or heat packs on your person before their effect wears off.

I haven't done all the new things yet, but otherwise, so far...  👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 3

Do steaks go straight from pristine to rotten? And how long to they last before they become rotten? It felt like about 1.5-2h when I was playing earlier today. Although exaggerated a LOT, it's possible to work around it. However, there should be some warning signs before they go bad. If you look at your steaks and they say "pristine", you have no way to tell that they're about to "expire".

5 hours ago, tandwan said:

Just want to point out the modded servers are NOT covered or supported by the Devs. When you log in to modded servers it tells you that it can cause stability issues and to use them at your own risk.

Devs aren't concerned about modded servers, they are worried about official servers. Server mod issueissues are the mod authors problem and the server admin to insure they are installed correctly.

ok, I'll rephrase that "I know vehicles are far from perfect, but they get much worse on underpowered servers and/or with too many players. That basically describes most rental GSP.

16 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

That is not completely correct.  i9 processor with 32 GB of memory and one instance of DayZ.  No other software running Windows 10 only.   6 players on server from Day 1, flying or warbling cars.  Too complex to rewrite is NOT AN EXCUSE.  They chose to move cars server side because of hackers, worst decision ever..... FIX IT!

I run servers locally and publicly with less HP than that and I don't have flying cars. Also, Windows10 is not a server operating system. It is not designed for 10 people to be logged in at once.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Parazight said:

Well, official servers will kick you for pinging over 300ms.  This is the solution used by the game maker.  One moment of latency above 300ms and you're done. Ghost Bullet Dude keeps bringing up the same issue.  He's playing on a laggy and modded server.  He also suggests finding a server that's above the 300ms barrier and then experience the ill effects.  In order to agree with him.  He wants the developers to fix the lag on laggy servers, as far as I can tell.

This happens with ping <100. 

13 hours ago, moeb1us said:

Did you try codeine/morphine? 

At older builds of standalone or mod, even five steps weren't possible, crawling was the only option. And yes, having morphine/codeine OR a splint was always a good idea (or necessity).

Yeah I did. It's not really worth it. The only way to get mobile again reliably is a splint. Codeine morphine is not worth it in this first build regarding broken legs.

This is a good update, however I always seem to starve now as when the temperature drops, you burn more energy.

The energy drain is constantly massive. When the energy indicator turns yellow there's only 5 - 10 minutes before you start losing health. Once you start losing health you're dead in like 15 minutes. Personally I'm having issues finding food in 20 minutes... This duration should be increased to at least 30 minutes under the worst conditions.

Edited by vitdom

8 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

This happens with ping <100. 

Oh.  Well, I'm not seeing it.

Overall, this is a HUGE update!  Nothing revolutionary, but a ton of game additions with a lot of time sinks.  I do like the shock effects.

I'm still having the issue that when hovering with mouse over items in inventory, the description is partially or mostly out of the screen to the  right. Playing on UW monitor. Did I overlook the solution to that? 

Also the insulation description is not always visible on mouseover and it's longer than the field size in item detail screen.

Edited by William Sternritter

2 hours ago, Chainsaw_Squirrel said:

cant cook beef steaks or fat on a stick .. cant even put it on the stick 

https://youtu.be/Tv5wSEhDQR8

Does it work if you try and sharpen the long stick with e.g. a knife first?

20 hours ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

I run servers locally and publicly with less HP than that and I don't have flying cars. Also, Windows10 is not a server operating system. It is not designed for 10 people to be logged in at once.

Not to start an argument with you, but I have been running servers of various games over the last 10 years.  I'm a Network Security Administrator and a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer for over 25 years.  I know how to tune All Windows Operating systems, and I can say with 100% confidence Windows 10 can handle more than 100 simultaneous connects.  In FACT it can handle over 300,000 TCP connections theoretically.  I ran a Jabber server with over 80,000 simultaneous TCP connections for months and months on end.  Running game servers on Windows Server is arguably a waste of resources.  I'd recommend Linux WAAAAY before running on any Windows Server OS.  Tuning Windows Server for game performance is a friggin nightmare.  I know GSP's that recoil in horror at the thought of it.  A single instance of Windows 10 can and will run multiple game servers assuming cores and memory resources are kept in check.  And if you run a Linux Proxmox box, you can run multiple Windows 10 VM's and have MANY game servers.  I have done this both ways without issue on ANY game, except DayZ.  The vehicle physics are atrocious.  Arma 3 vehicles work 10,000 times better, they are client side, but they work CONSISTENTLY.

DayZ vehicles are simply crap.  And if all of the anecdotal things I have heard from others saying it's too difficult to fix or they are not going to fix them, well, they will remain pure crap, thus reducing the continued playability of the game.  The only viable way I see to play DayZ at this point is on smaller maps, Namalsk *MIGHT* be the first true third party map done well for DayZ.  It's smaller, use of vehicles might be optional.  Base building won't be something you should do... hopefully.

But Windows 10 is not the issue... DayZ is.

Edited by THEGordonFreeman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

Well, so far I'm struggling with CLE 😞 The coast is completely empty and even going further inland like Msta brought me nothing. I mean literally nothing. All buildings are just empty. 

On 10/23/2020 at 12:06 AM, THEGordonFreeman said:

That is not completely correct.  i9 processor with 32 GB of memory and one instance of DayZ.  No other software running Windows 10 only.   6 players on server from Day 1, flying or warbling cars.  Too complex to rewrite is NOT AN EXCUSE.  They chose to move cars server side because of hackers, worst decision ever..... FIX IT!

I never said DayZ wasn't part of the problem and I've been a developer and all sorts of other things right up through cloud for even longer. Now that we've gotten that out of the way, other servers have cars that work reasonably well (I know they aren't perfect). So go ask them what they run on?

Linux? Agreed 100%, but it isn't going to happen so why bother bringing it up. A3 (and a2), again different implementation.  Namalsk will be interesting but if anyone thinks 1.10 will be brutal to survive, wait until that comes out.  There are a few other good maps like Deer Isle.

This update is great, but are we EVER going to get a fix for item desync on consoles? I can't believe it's still happening. 

Sharpening a long stick gives you the food slot back.

Not the most important change, but I'm totally fine with it. It makes more sense now.

On 10/24/2020 at 9:08 AM, William Sternritter said:

I'm still having the issue that when hovering with mouse over items in inventory, the description is partially or mostly out of the screen to the  right. Playing on UW monitor. Did I overlook the solution to that? 

Also the insulation description is not always visible on mouseover and it's longer than the field size in item detail screen.

I'm having the same bug, no solution that I know of.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T154541

• Thanks 1