jakub_bohemia

Experimental Update 1.08

54 minutes ago, my_nick_was_taken said:

I think this is the 3rd or 2nd patch-update where existing chars get their stamina reduced to about 5-10% one was even pushed to stable iirc.

The error was not fixed in 1.06 and in the current 1.07 patch, when the stamina got stuck and could not be restored.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T142835

And now again an error with the weight from version 1.04. For a whole year, it is impossible to determine and fix the problem, to stabilize the weight of objects and their effect on stamina. An amazing approach to solving problems)))

1 hour ago, pr9inichek said:

@jakub_bohemia hi 🙂

Changed: Rain drop sounds are now played on player-made tents 

What does that mean player-made tents? 

It is possible that the sound of rain is playing for the player inside the tent. I did not check this before, or did not devote my attention to this problem.

Edited by lex__1

1 hour ago, my_nick_was_taken said:

how much repair did you use? We tried to fix a car tent, but 1 full sewing kit + 1 full duct tape did nothing with the state.

I've found damaged tent at the beach of Electro. It was installed and heavy damaged. I've repaired it with 4 or more duct tapes till the maximum mid-green level.

After that this tent was installed at my base, the tent surface  looks different from the previous time. The holes was smaller and the tent looks not as a heavy damaged.

Later I've noticed the tent is heavy damaged again. Maybe it was shoted or exploded, I do not know.

I've fixed the tent again to the mid-green level but the look of the surface is still the same as at heavily damaged level.

Exp server UK 0-4

Edited by CatKiss

22 hours ago, Fyrd Judge said:

Hoarding is part of the survival element in game and as in real life people hoard making items hard to get and so to bring it down to 7 days persistence will only force players to spend 90% of their time running around the map digging and burying their stash. Or they will just move all stash to a central area making it easy to dig up and bury in 7 days and nothing will change, they will still have items no one can get.

Players have strong views on both side of the debate so the simple answer would be to create servers with different persistence t times, then we are all happy.

Nothing stopping the ones who really want to keep stuff buried from doing that. Having lots of loot buried would just take more effort, which is not a bad thing. It should come at a cost.

• Like 1

Advanced issue found

1 hour ago, pr9inichek said:

What does that mean player-made tents?

Means any tent that was set up by a player 🙂

• Beans 1

Good to see 1.8 is out. Tried playing for a character or two and now my character is weight bugged... 😞

Went back to 1.7 and couldn't play more than 2 minutes without a "hi Ping" speedster killing me instantly.

So do we have the speed script idiots blocked in 1.8? Happy to lose a character but if its still full of Red high pings whats the point.

Edited by Dwardo Rodregez

3 hours ago, my_nick_was_taken said:

has the game-breaking stamina bug been fixed ?

I think this is the 3rd or 2nd patch-update where existing chars get their stamina reduced to about 5-10% one was even pushed to stable iirc.

Seems the bug is still very much alive!

here are some numbers, clothing seems to mess up upon server restart and only when your character wears the items. All items are dry:

base plate carrier 84 kg

base plate carrier 73 kg

empty holster 3 kg , 0,25 kg after restart stored in a barrel

empty pouches 7 kg

empty pouches about 1 kg

empty pouches about 0,5 kg

ballistic vest (2 smokes 2 nades) 37 kg

field jacket 10 kg , 2 kg after restart stored in a barrel

cargo pants 5 kg , also 5 kg after restart stored in a barrel

hunter pants 6 kg after restart on the char

these are the numbers i remember, I'm sure there is more, my team-mate has a mosin at 10 kg, a plate carrier at 21 kg etc.

-----

I just logged into experimental and here I leave some numbers and screenshots about the weight:

- Hunter jacket; with items in it, 22 kg; without items in it, 16 kg.

https://imgur.com/UFObgyR

https://imgur.com/JPS4L1e

- Mountain backpack; with items in it, 11 kg; without items in it, 5 kg.

https://imgur.com/ePmzn6U

https://imgur.com/EYyJUs3

By the way, has anyone experienced any issues when reloading mags in weapons that do not have an integrated one just using "R" key? I am asking because yesterday I was testing it using "R" everytime, shooting zombies… and I didn't get any issue. I even discovered that the mags that do not have any ammo left, just won't charge when using "R" which I find practical; this way it won't create a situation where you think you still have ammo and you don't.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, drgullen said:

It doesn't make sense if it were IRL true, but it's not real life, it's a video game.  I don't understand why people keep comparing this to real life.

IRL you can't grow a pumpkin in an hour or so.  IRL you can't bandage a wound in a few seconds.  IRL you can't remove a tire from a car without jacking up the car and removing the nuts first.  In DayZ, you can do all these things.

@helpthedeadwalk said it perfectly: "Rare items, in a game, are meant to be rare to make you want them and to make you work for them."  Exactly, which means not everyone on the server should be in possession of an AK -- there should be less higher-end loot than there are players on the server.  You should have a chance of finding such a weapon, not a guarantee that you'll find one.

If it were the real soviet Russia, sure, there's probably an AK on every street block.  If it were like that in this game, it would be PUBG.

farming and bandaging is video game stuff... but guns should not be video game stuff... AK shouldn't be rare... the M4 should be rare... and also how can you not bandage in a few seconds? if the bullet isn;t inside your body then just wrap a bandage around ezpz and also removing tire... previously you had to remove the nuts and shit first and had the tools to take out the tire... but they removed it because 0.63... they will probably add that back later

58 minutes ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

farming and bandaging is video game stuff... but guns should not be video game stuff... AK shouldn't be rare... the M4 should be rare... and also how can you not bandage in a few seconds? if the bullet isn;t inside your body then just wrap a bandage around ezpz and also removing tire... previously you had to remove the nuts and shit first and had the tools to take out the tire... but they removed it because 0.63... they will probably add that back later 

Just go play on some PvP server and have fun.

It's a survival game with guns and shooting, not a shooter with survival elements. Sheesh.

35 minutes ago, JJ_Judge said:

It's a survival game with guns and shooting, not a shooter with survival elements. Sheesh. 

There are also PVE, RP or mixed PVE \ RP servers. They have some PVP zones. There is a lack of survival elements. We need a broader system of survival, as it was before. Already all PVP servers - play as a shooter. There are many other games for shooter.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

16 hours ago, drgullen said:

@helpthedeadwalk said it perfectly: "Rare items, in a game, are meant to be rare to make you want them and to make you work for them."  Exactly, which means not everyone on the server should be in possession of an AK -- there should be less higher-end loot than there are players on the server.  You should have a chance of finding such a weapon, not a guarantee that you'll find one.

If it were the real soviet Russia, sure, there's probably an AK on every street block.  If it were like that in this game, it would be PUBG.

Well that doesn't change the fact that a few people can limit the chance to find a T3 weapon to almost zero with hording, on console with duping + hording. I don't want to find a T3 gun every time but the fact that you don't find one because of hording and duping is simply game breaking... Thats why most poeple I know avoid official servers these days. Imho they need to adjust the CLE mechanic.

Those of you reporting the weight bugs, you are putting all of this in the Feedback tracker, right?

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, Uncle Zed said:

Those of you reporting the weight bugs, you are putting all of this in the Feedback tracker, right? 

All errors from the game have long been on the tracker. They can’t just be closed, since they are not decreasing but increasing. Many of them since release 1.0. (

5 hours ago, JJ_Judge said:

jokes on you... i don't like PVP in fact i avoid it... and i survive... only pvp i do is self defense and sniping... long range sniping... but like 20 AKs on the server amongst like 600 players that visit the server... that's stupid everyone should have the right to have an AK... remove the cap on AKs... caps are stupid... have them unlimited but rare... simple
if having a cap on how much can exists is sooo good then why do people avoid the official servers and survive on a modded server... regardless of guns

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

jokes on you... i don't like PVP in fact i avoid it... and i survive... only pvp i do is self defense and sniping... long range sniping... but like 20 AKs on the server amongst like 600 players that visit the server... that's stupid everyone should have the right to have an AK... remove the cap on AKs... caps are stupid... have them unlimited but rare... simple
if having a cap on how much can exists is sooo good then why do people avoid the official servers and survive on a modded server... regardless of guns 

Write everything correctly. And I’ll add something else. The PVP server must be a PVP server, with settings for PVP mode. When players with AK come ashore and shoot at players with a can of canned food in their hands. This is not PVP, and not even PUBG - a low semblance of human understanding about PVP, they also try to talk about it with pride that they are PVP players.

Ive reported this bug already but figured id leave it here also for the benefit of the community. Just a little one but if you re-log on Exp branch console or PC with a cooking pot in your inventory, it will delete any contents of said cooking pot. tested it & it occurs 100% of the time. 

Also the lighting needs a little tweek,  the god rays when looking at the sun are crazy visually obscurring now. lots of nice texture/lighting changes in barns though and overall nice daytime lighting. But the Nights are way too bright in 1.08, i can see exceptionally far without NVG's & could walk through woods at night easily. defintely needs nerfing again.

• Beans 1

Anyone else noticed that the stamina penalty for weapons & armour seems to have been dropped a lot. I had a full inventory with three weapons & a press vest with 80% stamina.

Im not complaining as it was over due a balancing pass for sure, now hopefully theyll further reduce sway when not holding breath as thats still way to much & the change in stamina drainage seems like all itll do is cause confusion, cant we just have steady stamina drain.

49 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

But the Nights are way too bright in 1.08, i can see exceptionally far without NVG's & could walk through woods at night easily. defintely needs nerfing again.

In 1.07, two server configuration modes are entered:
1. light night
2. dark night
Did you check this on the server with the first setting?
Although I am of my opinion, I would like to see the impact of the time of year and the lunar calendar on the level of light of the night https://feedback.bistudio.com/T143219.

The moon in the DayZ should have its own light, not just a disk of the night sky. Now we have 2 colors of night sky out of a possible 365 colors - 365 days a year. How it works in Arma 3: Night Depth versus Moonlight

Edited by lex__1
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

Also the lighting needs a little tweek,  the god rays when looking at the sun are crazy visually obscurring now. lots of nice texture/lighting changes in barns though and overall nice daytime lighting. But the Nights are way too bright in 1.08, i can see exceptionally far without NVG's & could walk through woods at night easily. defintely needs nerfing again.

I remember that very rarely I get proper moonlight in DayZ, if I'm not completely mistaken (pretty sure it wasn't a mod or something). I.e. I can see shadows being cast by the moonlight and everything lit is pretty much visible. Most of the time it's just pitch black (except the client's artificial light source in first person).

6 hours ago, SillyJoe said:

Imho they need to adjust the CLE mechanic.

Okay, but how?  Increasing the number of T3 guns is not going to solve the problem -- that will just result in more guns being hoarded.

A possible solution is to nullify the effect of the hoarder by having buried loot vanish faster and by having weapons that are buried degrade quicker.  If you add a level of tediousness to this, the hoarders are eventually going to get tired of having to interact with and clean the weapons all the time.  Doing it this way, it'll take some time, but the problem will eventually solve itself since people will get fed up having to do this constantly.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lex__1 said:

Write everything correctly. And I’ll add something else. The PVP server must be a PVP server, with settings for PVP mode. When players with AK come ashore and shoot at players with a can of canned food in their hands. This is not PVP, and not even PUBG - a low semblance of human understanding about PVP, they also try to talk about it with pride that they are PVP players.

what do you mean write everything correctly? and what does make a PVP a PVP server? what are the pvp settings? because you can have vanilla server that doesn't have the CLE on so no caps on guns... every game where you can kill another player it's a PVP game... just because less AK's doesn't mean a guy can come at you with a can of food and start to kill you... most people just want to pvp and will do anything for it... even if it's melee... so does it change the situation having less guns? no..

On 6/12/2020 at 4:40 PM, my_nick_was_taken said:

Seems the bug is still very much alive!

here are some numbers, clothing seems to mess up upon server restart and only when your character wears the items. All items are dry:

base plate carrier 84 kg

base plate carrier 73 kg

empty holster 3 kg , 0,25 kg after restart stored in a barrel

empty pouches 7 kg

empty pouches about 1 kg

empty pouches about 0,5 kg

ballistic vest (2 smokes 2 nades) 37 kg

field jacket 10 kg , 2 kg after restart stored in a barrel

cargo pants 5 kg , also 5 kg after restart stored in a barrel

hunter pants 6 kg after restart on the char

these are the numbers i remember, I'm sure there is more, my team-mate has a mosin at 10 kg, a plate carrier at 21 kg etc.

-----

I can only confirm, what a sloppy work, if this is your way of fixing things then I don't wanna know how it looks when you break things 😛

plz get your shit together or leave it entirely.

sry for my harsh words, I forgot it's exp we're talking about.

Edited by ast65

5 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

what do you mean write everything correctly? and what does make a PVP a PVP server? what are the pvp settings? because you can have vanilla server that doesn't have the CLE on so no caps on guns... every game where you can kill another player it's a PVP game... just because less AK's doesn't mean a guy can come at you with a can of food and start to kill you... most people just want to pvp and will do anything for it... even if it's melee... so does it change the situation having less guns? no.. 

PVP server settings - when a player entering the server is equipped with weapons and is ready to defend or ready to attack another player. On the PVP server there should be no shortage for any weapon. If one player is well armed and kills a player who cannot find anything but a gun for 2-3 hours, or cannot find food - this is not a PVP server, this is a parody of the scenario of the PVP server. In the scenario of the PVP server, each player must understand that he is not better armed, even if he has high-class weapons in his hands.
If the game has a game script from the side of AI (hunger, thirst, illness. Infected) - this is primarily a PVE game script on the server. That is, all official servers can safely be called the PVE \ PVP server according to the script. They do not have gameplay settings in a pure PVP scenario.
There are private servers with PVP settings, where each player appears with a full set of roles as a shooter, machine gunner or sniper. The player is ready to join the PVP battle from the first second - these are the settings of the PVP server script.

18 hours ago, lex__1 said:

There are also PVE, RP or mixed PVE \ RP servers. They have some PVP zones. There is a lack of survival elements. We need a broader system of survival, as it was before. Already all PVP servers - play as a shooter. There are many other games for shooter. 

I totally agree.

The things that should (IMHO) be added are bicycles and umbrellas, for example. Because, lore-wise, those are the things of not the utmost need, that would've been looted or taken for a possible evacuation at the begging of the outbreak. But AKs? C'mon. You really think there should be an assault rifle in every kindergarten if it's post-soviet Russia?

School kiddos went to summer holidays and want AK to go tra-ta-ta?

14 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

I came to the game very recently, on May 21st of smth, got hooked actually, but that's not the point. Bought the game after the free weekend. We're playing duo with a friend on a high-pop official fpp server. We both have AKs. And we have a stashed FAL and VSS, found in the first week we played. Soooo, just git gud?

And the amount of guns is totally fine, I'd say at times it feels like there are too many even.

Cry moar.

• Beans 2

The only point players are making for nullifying the effect of the hoarder by having buried loot vanish faster, is so that they can have a trendy weapon to trot around the map with, that is it.

You have to remember that in these stashes that are buried and hoarded, are not just Weapons. There is base building equipment that require hoarding due to the wear and tear and for further construction. Players need plenty and require to hoard these items so they are not spending every day looking for the equipment. Players stash food so they are not constantly hunting for food or growing it. They stash equipment for vehicles because they are easily broken such as wheels, radiators, batteries and spark plugs.  Players stash these items and may never have to use them for days or weeks so they can thrive and move onto doing other things. To me it looks like base builders, vehicle users and survivalist would all have their DayZ experience ruined, simply because a few can't steal the trendy weapon they require.

I notice no one is asking items in tents to have a shorter life, i presume because all those asking for shorter hoarding times, know they can steal any item in them with ease.

• Thanks 1