jakub_bohemia

Experimental Update 1.08

16 hours ago, drgullen said:

Personally, I think it should be only 7 days.  If you can't check on and interact with your stash at least once a week, that loot should go back into the CLE for someone else to use.  I would actually like to see two timers on this -- the second being an absolute expire date, perhaps that could be 14 or 21 days, meaning once you've held the stash for that long, it's gone no matter how many times you've interacted with it.

I don't think the higher-end loot should be retained by a select few indefinitely (or at least until there's a persistence wipe).

I'd also like to see items degrade in the stash. Maybe just "high end" items or food?, For example, a gun would go from pristine->damaged->badly-damaged->ruined. Maybe that's Day 10-14 or 14-18 or whatever.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kathosky said:

It happened to me and my friend the other day. In this ticket, the user Lex comments exactly what I describe up here. 

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T149811

I will leave a comment there. Since, the Sounds of all animals do not come simultaneously to the players, two, three ... and so on. Bears, wolves, sheep, wild boars .... all sounds are asynchronous to the players, but sometimes (rarely) play simultaneously for everyone. I hunted a lot with a friend, for all types of animals, out of 100% of the sound of animals, about 10% we both heard the sound at the same time.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 3

2 hours ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

I'd also like to see items degrade in the stash. Maybe just "high end" items or food?, For example, a gun would go from pristine->damaged->badly-damaged->ruined. Maybe that's Day 10-14 or 14-18 or whatever. 

For a long time I have not played on servers where there is a need - to bury my loot. I play on private servers, where you can sell an unnecessary loot to a trader, and buy the right loot.
But I remember old games on servers without a trader.
Not every player bury 10 barrels with loot. Someone keeps a modest loot, without the goal of killing the server economy. Reducing the shelf life of the loot - will create problems for modest players.
This pandemic “loot” should have different (understandable, described for everyone) mechanics and punish those who dig a lot of loot.

Edited by lex__1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

For a long time I have not played on servers where there is a need - to bury my loot. I play on private servers, where you can sell an unnecessary loot to a trader, and buy the right loot.
But I remember old games on servers without a trader.
Not every player bury 10 barrels with loot. Someone keeps a modest loot, without the goal of killing the server economy. Reducing the shelf life of the loot - will create problems for modest players.
This pandemic “loot” should have different (understandable, described for everyone) mechanics and punish those who dig a lot of loot.

I stand by my other comment - if you choose to bury loot, then maintaining that stash is as much a part of the game as looting, hunting, pvp, whatever.  So if you are a modest player, then you have 1 or 2 stashes to visit every 2 weeks.  If you are doing it to affect the loot economy or just hoard, then you'll send a lot of time for no real good reason.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

9 hours ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

I stand by my other comment - if you choose to bury loot, then maintaining that stash is as much a part of the game as looting, hunting, pvp, whatever.  So if you are a modest player, then you have 1 or 2 stashes to visit every 2 weeks.  If you are doing it to affect the loot economy or just hoard, then you'll send a lot of time for no real good reason.

Before 0.63 all storage had 7 days persistence and nobody was complaining. Base building elements should of course have longer persistence, and you can argue that above-ground storage might as well be equal to base items, but underground stashes should really be brought down to seven days. That would make it too much of a hassle for hoarders too keep lots of loot hidden underground.

• Like 1

What is the state of vehicles?

The fact that vehicles are still not working up to par with how they were with mod is a travesty, please tell me that they're finally fixed and working properly

Edited by bran34
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

I mean that the problem will not be fixed by reducing the shelf life. Those players who are interested in destroying the server’s economy will find time and a way to visit their caches once every 7 days. Need a different mechanics or approach to solving this problem. For example, the mechanics of such a process should not wait 7 days if a certain limit of the loot is inflated by one player. An early cache or part of one large cache will return to the server economy as soon as the cache is above the limit. Perhaps then there will be no need to reduce the life time of the cache to 7 days, or a loot in it. It will be possible to regulate, or make it dynamic, reduce or increase the limit of the number of loots, depending on the state of the overall server economy. And the lower the limit, the total loot of one player, the higher the shelf life of his cache.

Edited by lex__1

1 hour ago, lex__1 said:

I mean that the problem will not be fixed by reducing the shelf life. Those players who are interested in destroying the server’s economy will find time and a way to visit their caches once every 7 days. Need a different mechanics or approach to solving this problem.

That is true. The CLE design on official servers is (imho) pretty bad...

3 hours ago, Derleth said:

Before 0.63 all storage had 7 days persistence and nobody was complaining. Base building elements should of course have longer persistence, and you can argue that above-ground storage might as well be equal to base items, but underground stashes should really be brought down to seven days. That would make it too much of a hassle for hoarders too keep lots of loot hidden underground.

Hoarding is part of the survival element in game and as in real life people hoard making items hard to get and so to bring it down to 7 days persistence will only force players to spend 90% of their time running around the map digging and burying their stash. Or they will just move all stash to a central area making it easy to dig up and bury in 7 days and nothing will change, they will still have items no one can get.

Players have strong views on both side of the debate so the simple answer would be to create servers with different persistence t times, then we are all happy.

Edited by Fyrd Judge
c
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, Elmer Osorio said:

Is their gonna be a wipe in the update??

when release?

and up Q

5 hours ago, bran34 said:

What is the state of vehicles?

The fact that vehicles are still not working up to par with how they were with mod is a travesty, please tell me that they're finally fixed and working properly

no... those are 2 separate games with 2 completelly different ways of handling cars... DayZ cars are server sided and physics are more realistic than ArmA physics... honestly driving in ARmA kinda feels like GTA or some shit... in DayZ is sim like you can't compare 2 different systems.. and say that why DayZ cars don't work like the mod cars... they are completely different and DayZ cars will just never work like ARmA cars... never... it will only get even better physics and less bugs... and honestly i think all the bugs are caused by shit server perfomance and the shit perfomance is caused by heavily single threaded ( core ) servers... so you should just be asking the devs to optimize the servers so they run on more then 1 core

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, SillyJoe said:

That is true. The CLE design on official servers is (imho) pretty bad...

Why? Because certain items are rare and have a server max? I don't accept that. Players whine all the time that that can't "find" an M4/AK. So what?  This ain't PUBG.  DayZ open-world with no end-game. You shouldn't be able to grind out a barracks and find everything. You might find one, you might have to raid a base or a stash or you might have to kill another player. Like I said before, maintaining a stash is part of the game and so is acquiring weapons (no matter what the method). It's not all about PVP.

• Beans 4

20 hours ago, LoveAffair said:

Anyone having an issue with the weight system ? My stamina is stuck at zero when I log in. I cant jump or sprint. is there a fix ?

Same problem for me since the last update! Restarting the game does not change anything and always stamina it to a minimum ...
And, for developers, what is planned to really fight against the increasingly present cheaters? battleye doesn't seem to be doing her job properly and the public servers are full of cheats of all kinds: speedrun, players who make loot appear on the coast and its full stuff in a few seconds ... well others. Thank you !

Edited by lvw06

39 minutes ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

Why? Because certain items are rare and have a server max? I don't accept that. Players whine all the time that that can't "find" an M4/AK. So what?  This ain't PUBG.  DayZ open-world with no end-game. You shouldn't be able to grind out a barracks and find everything. You might find one, you might have to raid a base or a stash or you might have to kill another player. Like I said before, maintaining a stash is part of the game and so is acquiring weapons (no matter what the method). It's not all about PVP.

so you agree that in a post apocalyptic Russia you will only find 30 AK's in the whole 17.1 million km2 of Russia ? that's realistic af bro 😄 

2 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

so you agree that in a post apocalyptic Russia you will only find 30 AK's in the whole 17.1 million km2 of Russia ? that's realistic af bro 😄 

No, bro, that's not what I said. Nowhere does it say that DayZ is attempting to exactly model the state of the fictional Russian state of Chernarus, down to the number of rifles available. In your example the food supply should generally be static too since the canned peaches factory is not still producing.  Wnayway, tasks are are generally seen as realistic - shooting a gun, driving a car, finding parts, hunting, food/water, sickness, etc. Some of these things are meant to push you forward or back and some are challenges and some are easy. (bugs aside), driving is easy, but finding the car parts is hard. You may drink bad water, because you are dying, you become sick and now you have to divert from your task to find meds.  You can walk into a house and find a mkii or a police station and find a Glock or a hunting lodge and find a Tundra. Not much of a challenge. Finding an M4/AK will require you to goto tier4 or finding a LAR will require you stumbling upon a heli crash. While you're doing all of that, you may die from lack of food or get killed. Now you start over. No end game, just a series of tasks that you try and accomplish and may get diverted(killed) while doing them. 

Rare items, in a game, are meant to be rare to make you want them and to make you work for them. Loot for them, raid for them, kill for them. You may be cautious or reckless. You may find one or you may die trying.  This ain't PUBG and they aren't hiding behind every door.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Beans 1

4 hours ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

No, bro, that's not what I said. Nowhere does it say that DayZ is attempting to exactly model the state of the fictional Russian state of Chernarus, down to the number of rifles available. In your example the food supply should generally be static too since the canned peaches factory is not still producing.  Wnayway, tasks are are generally seen as realistic - shooting a gun, driving a car, finding parts, hunting, food/water, sickness, etc. Some of these things are meant to push you forward or back and some are challenges and some are easy. (bugs aside), driving is easy, but finding the car parts is hard. You may drink bad water, because you are dying, you become sick and now you have to divert from your task to find meds.  You can walk into a house and find a mkii or a police station and find a Glock or a hunting lodge and find a Tundra. Not much of a challenge. Finding an M4/AK will require you to goto tier4 or finding a LAR will require you stumbling upon a heli crash. While you're doing all of that, you may die from lack of food or get killed. Now you start over. No end game, just a series of tasks that you try and accomplish and may get diverted(killed) while doing them. 

Rare items, in a game, are meant to be rare to make you want them and to make you work for them. Loot for them, raid for them, kill for them. You may be cautious or reckless. You may find one or you may die trying.  This ain't PUBG and they aren't hiding behind every door.

you're right this isn't pubg for a gun to be everywhere... but 20 AK's on the whole map and server in a soviet country that uses AK literally everywhere... maybe even produces AK's... imagine Chernarus having an abandonded AK factory... and it has 20 AKs on the whole map... it doesn't make sense xD 

2 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

it doesn't make sense

It doesn't make sense if it were IRL true, but it's not real life, it's a video game.  I don't understand why people keep comparing this to real life.

IRL you can't grow a pumpkin in an hour or so.  IRL you can't bandage a wound in a few seconds.  IRL you can't remove a tire from a car without jacking up the car and removing the nuts first.  In DayZ, you can do all these things.

@helpthedeadwalk said it perfectly: "Rare items, in a game, are meant to be rare to make you want them and to make you work for them."  Exactly, which means not everyone on the server should be in possession of an AK -- there should be less higher-end loot than there are players on the server.  You should have a chance of finding such a weapon, not a guarantee that you'll find one.

If it were the real soviet Russia, sure, there's probably an AK on every street block.  If it were like that in this game, it would be PUBG.

• Like 2

Iiisue with the fixing process of the car tent.

Car tent can't be fixed in the installed position. You can see this option but can't activate it.

The tent needs to be collapsed and picked up in the hands. After the fixing process the tent looks the same as heavy damaged, holes is everywhere but the condition is mid-green.

@jakub_bohemia hi 🙂

Changed: Rain drop sounds are now played on player-made tents 

What does that mean player-made tents?

Edited by pr9inichek

has the game-breaking stamina bug been fixed ?

I think this is the 3rd or 2nd patch-update where existing chars get their stamina reduced to about 5-10% one was even pushed to stable iirc.

Until you guys have a more capable team/work procedures, maybe only push updates on monday mornings, it will give you the hole workingweek to fix your mistakes, so your customers can enjoy the game in the weekend?

I know i play the experimental branch and bugs are to be expected, but this just seems like untested 'work' being pushed for paying customers to test.

With almost all IT, you have a rollback option, why not use it when you introduce game-breaking bugs?

At least one of my teammates argues for us to play Deadside, if we still have this bug when we meet this weekend, then he has a valid argument.

Brgds

Nick

42 minutes ago, CatKiss said:

After the fixing process the tent looks the same as heavy damaged, holes is everywhere but the condition is mid-green.

how much repair did you use? We tried to fix a car tent, but 1 full sewing kit + 1 full duct tape did nothing with the state.