Greensek

DayZ Livonia PC Open Beta

9 minutes ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

where do i find rocks to make knives with.  have only played a cpl times since we could just make em on the beach. 

Within like 10 hours, I haven''t found a single one and I did give a longer try to hiking trails. I think your best chance for knives is normal looting, they're rare but they're there.

1 hour ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

where do i find rocks to make knives with.  have only played a cpl times since we could just make em on the beach. 

you find small rocks on the hiking trails, but you need to take your time looking for the rocks some times it takes time for them to spawn.  and back track the trail just walk you will find them that way, same thing for apples and plums and pairs go slow and search the same thees.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, skyacus said:

How to put a hook on the fishing rod and unfold it please?

You have to put bait on the hook then apply it to the fishingrod

15 hours ago, MaxwellHouse69420 said:

The reason why this is a cash grab (the reason being the thing you completely ignored and glossed over in that ugly ass run on sentence paragraph you just spawned) is that the devs previously stated all DLCS will BE FREE for those that supported and purchased the alpha .... now that they have a bunch new people they are backpedalling and hoping no one remembers their lie . 

What are you talking about? They have never said any such thing. What they have said is that no features announced during EA will be hidden behind a paywall. For example the only thing exclusive to the Livonia DLC will be the map itself, all features and resources are part of the base DayZ package. The bears will wander into Chernarus. Same will go for helicopters and any other thing you've previously seen in dev roadmaps, trello etc.

At no point have they said DLC:s expanding on this will be free of charge.

Besides, you need to remember BI is a company doing business and DayZ has no monthly subscription, lootboxes or other cosmetic micro-transaction bullcrap. Development and maintaining hundreds of public servers costs money, they need income to cover this. Reserves from the EA craze won't cover that forever. I'm happy to pay 10-20€ (which is less than the average person spends on junk food and soda in a week...) for a great DLC, that it helps the game as a whole move forward is just a bonus.

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Beans 3

1 hour ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

you find small rocks on the hiking trails, but you need to take your time looking for the rocks some times it takes time for them to spawn.  and back track the trail just walk you will find them that way, same thing for apples and plums and pairs go slow and search the same thees.

In Livonia I have not seen a single small rock on neither hiking trails or train tracks. Either they have reduced the spawn rate by a large percentage or the spawn is bugged somehow, I made a concentrated effort to find one on one of my spawns last night and had to give up since I was about to die from dehydration. No water on the trails or tracks either 😛

Edited by Derleth

28 minutes ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

I watched a streamer pick up 4 rocks on a trail tonight 3 one way and 1 on his way back to where he started.

In Livonia? Must be I was being extremely unlucky - or him extremely lucky. That means they're out there at least, that you won't find what you need when you need it is typically DayZ after all...

Edited by Derleth

3 hours ago, Jazmina said:

You have to put bait on the hook then apply it to the fishingrod

Ahhhh ok, thank you for this info !!

Edited by skyacus

6 hours ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

You can find them along the trails. Sometimes you'll find only one, sometimes more. Just keep an eye on the ground when hiking.

Hello Survivors,

Thank you for participating in the DayZ Livonia Open Beta - we've already collected a lot of valuable feedback.

We are leaving all servers up to check some server-performance improvements, we encourage you to jump in tonight

Thank You,

Greensek

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

Not a bad map.  Once you get over the 'hump' of being a new spawn, it isn't that bad.  Not that survival is all that hard once you know the mechanics, it's a pretty brutal map for any potential new players.

The foliage, new trees, and new plants are all welcome additions.   The terrain doesn't look freshly trimmed like chernarus.  There's a lot of overgrowth and places to hide in this wilderness.  Making a base in the wild will be an epic challenge on higher populated servers.

Blood/damage is better.  Zeds definitely hit harder and avoiding them, if possible, is probably ideal.  Blood loss isn't as bad and seems balanced.

Found a fishing pole but didn't get to try it.  Made it down to Dolnik with a buddy.  Shot animals and cooked them at night on the way.  Felt pretty good.  We had found a working Olga in Dolnik. A shame we only needed a radiator to get it functional.  Car parts on wrecked cars is most welcome.

My dreams of being mauled to death by a bear still go unfullfilled.  I'm going to use this bonus time to make sure that happens!

Packets of Pepper seeds can't be opened.  Also,  some houses have storage containers now!

Edited by Parazight
  • Beans 2

@Derleth  i found small stones on the dirty roads (the brown styled small roads in the forest, not hiketrails).

I found mushrooms on new places, i think the Devs have some new locations on board, called: go in and find it out.

• Like 1

Also still looking for that bear. Stones are a bit too hard to come by maybe? 

Found a heli that had some loot. Nothing big, jackets, smoke, landmines etc.

Fire place with a big log goes out way too fast tho. 

Like the dense bush 😊

Killed a Bull. Met some people. All in all good. 

Only thing that doesn't make sense is why can't wait find stones at railroad track when the track it self placed of pile of small rocks wtf xD

Logged back into Dolnik with Jimmy.  Found a radiator, the last piece we needed to have a working Olga.  Filled it up with pond water and off we went.  We headed west, and north.  Along the way, Jimmy jumped out when we heard a loud bear growl.  So it was on.  3 buckshot, the last to the head in the following pic, took it down.

Spoiler

C03029AA8725E7650BD7708335CB16408C7B1043

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Sqeezorz said:

@Derleth  i found small stones on the dirty roads (the brown styled small roads in the forest, not hiketrails).

I found mushrooms on new places, i think the Devs have some new locations on board, called: go in and find it out.

Yeah I found a few on those roads too last night. Of course by this time I had found myself three proper knives already, but at least I know they're there! 😄

• Beans 1

Hello Survivors, 

We are closing 9 Experimental Servers.

DayZ Livonia - DE 1-3 (Open Beta) 185.62.205.36:2302
DayZ Livonia - DE 1-4 (Open Beta) 185.62.205.36:2402
DayZ Livonia HC - SWE 2-6 (Open Beta) 185.62.206.237:3402
DayZ Livonia - SWE 2-7 (Open Beta) 185.62.206.237:3502
DayZ Livonia HC - SWE 2-8 (Open Beta) 185.62.206.237:3602
DayZ Livonia - US LA 2-1 (Open Beta) 66.165.237.98:3302
DayZ Livonia HC - US LA 2-2 (Open Beta) 66.165.237.98:3402
DayZ Livonia - US LA 2-3 (Open Beta) 66.165.237.98:3502
DayZ Livonia - US LA 2-4 (Open Beta) 66.165.237.98:3602

You will still be able to use the play on Livonia and Chernarus on the remaining Experimental Servers.

Thank you, 

Greensek

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Greensek said:

Hello Survivors, 

We are closing 9 Experimental Servers.

DayZ Livonia - DE 1-3 (Open Beta) 185.62.205.36:2302
DayZ Livonia - DE 1-4 (Open Beta) 185.62.205.36:2402
DayZ Livonia HC - SWE 2-6 (Open Beta) 185.62.206.237:3402
DayZ Livonia - SWE 2-7 (Open Beta) 185.62.206.237:3502
DayZ Livonia HC - SWE 2-8 (Open Beta) 185.62.206.237:3602
DayZ Livonia - US LA 2-1 (Open Beta) 66.165.237.98:3302
DayZ Livonia HC - US LA 2-2 (Open Beta) 66.165.237.98:3402
DayZ Livonia - US LA 2-3 (Open Beta) 66.165.237.98:3502
DayZ Livonia - US LA 2-4 (Open Beta) 66.165.237.98:3602

You will still be able to use the play on Livonia and Chernarus on the remaining Experimental Servers.

Thank you, 

Greensek

Thank you @Greensek So, with the three servers moved from Livonia to Chernarus yesterday, does that mean the platform update itself of 1.06 is now officially on experimental? Or was that a sneaky preview? If the former, an official 1.06 post on the experimental subforum would attract more players to those servers for testing.

From yesterday's tweet:

We are moving 3 Experimental Servers from Livonia to Chernarus. 

DayZ - UK 0-3 (Open Beta) 78.129.165.73:2502
DayZ - DE 2-1 (Open Beta) 185.62.204.160:3302
DayZ - US LA 2-3 (Open Beta) 66.165.237.98:3502

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Thank you @Greensek So, with the three servers moved from Livonia to Chernarus yesterday, does that mean the platform update itself of 1.06 is now officially on experimental? Or was that a sneaky preview? If the former, an official 1.06 post on the experimental subforum would attract more players to those servers for testing.

The reason we didn't make a more "official" announcement, in regards to the 1.06 in Chernarus, it's because the biggest highlights, like the bear, fishing, new weapons, etc, are not in those servers. We left the Open Beta servers available so we could do some more performance testing with the servers in both maps. So if any of you would like to help us, join in any of the Experimental Servers so we can have more detailed data on our monitoring reports 😉 

• Like 1

Just now, Greensek said:

The reason we didn't make a more "official" announcement, in regards to the 1.06 in Chernarus, it's because the biggest highlights, like the bear, fishing, new weapons, etc, are not in those servers. We left the Open Beta servers available so we could do some more performance testing with the servers in both maps. So if any of you would like to help us, join in any of the Experimental Servers so we can have more detailed data on our monitoring reports 😉 

Thank you for the clarification! If the servers are still up when I get back from work I most surely will get in there again. Still have not gotten myself mauled by a bear...

5 minutes ago, Greensek said:

Which immediately brings the question, will these features be available on both maps when 1.06 releases? 🙂 

Edited by William Sternritter

The weapon that was returned to the game, will it be in back Chernarus?

Edited by hegra
  • Beans 1