Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I'm currently looking into buying the game on my Xbox One, but I've seen so many bad reviews I'm not even sure if I want to save up 50$ to get the game! My question to all of you loyal DayZ community members is: would you recommend someone like me who never have even touched the game once buy it and do you know if there are some cheap Xbox One game codes floating around the internet? Thank you! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, aDjidas said:

I'm currently looking into buying the game on my Xbox One, but I've seen so many bad reviews I'm not even sure if I want to save up 50$ to get the game! My question to all of you loyal DayZ community members is: would you recommend someone like me who never have even touched the game once buy it and do you know if there are some cheap Xbox One game codes floating around the internet? Thank you! 

The game, with all it's flaws, is still worth it.  Are there issues?  Yes.  Can things be done better?  Yes.  Are the developers working on it?  Yes.  Should you listen to all the bitchers and whiners?  NO.  As for game codes?  Not sure what exactly you're asking for.  If you are referring to cheat codes, there aren't any, and we in the DayZ community don't want you playing in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Stagman70 said:

The game, with all it's flaws, is still worth it.  Are there issues?  Yes.  Can things be done better?  Yes.  Are the developers working on it?  Yes.  Should you listen to all the bitchers and whiners?  NO.  As for game codes?  Not sure what exactly you're asking for.  If you are referring to cheat codes, there aren't any, and we in the DayZ community don't want you playing in the first place.

I'm referring to gift codes and such you can purchase on the internet to get the game cheaper than it is on the Microsoft Store, same as with steam and sites that sell you game keys for much cheaper. I've yet failed to find any sellers for DayZ so far - on Xbox that is.

Edited by aDjidas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, aDjidas said:

I'm referring to gift codes and such you can purchase on the internet to get the game cheaper than it is on the Microsoft Store, same as with steam and sites that sell you game keys for much cheaper. I've yet failed to find any sellers for DayZ so far - on Xbox that is.

I hemmed and hawed about buying it at first, but decided to pull the trigger and purchased it when it was $39.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi AD, I was the same as you when I was first introduced to Dayz preview. Never played a game like it before and was always into short endgames like cod and bf. 

The game itself is a masterpiece with some flaws. Every time I log in is another adventure, and every adventure is different. Getting familiar with the mechanics of the game can also be easy. Everything thing you do in the game like crafting to drinking pond water  is entirely the same as you have done in real life.

The players of Dayz are also a good bunch of people. You may encounter a bandit looking for your gear but as you go on you will learn the little tactics they try and put in place to fool you. Some say trust no one.

If you do decide to jump on the game feel free to message me and join our server. Would be happy to show you the basics of survival. 🎒

GazC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like others, I picked up this one on preview. For that price at the time I thought it was fair. The game is a unique experience. However, at its current state I would not recommend to anyone at the current price. If I were in a position where I could not find it cheaper, then I would give it a pass until either the state of the game improves or the price drops.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I followed this game on YouTube for years and got pretty hyped when it finally came out for console. My biggest fear was not liking it after years of great expectations. All I can say is that it surpassed my expectations. Its a work of art in my opinion and like all great works, it's not perfect but there is nothing else close to it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is easily one of my all time favorite games. If you check my Xbox profile you’ll see I play just a few games..only a few..

DayZ is a very special hardcore survival game, that does not hold your hand. You’ll spend hours just trying to get your bearings initially. You will also die, a lot.

If those things don’t turn you off, you may be the kind of gamer who will appreciate DayZ.

Keep in mind most of those Xbox “reviewers” likely have less than an hour played. Not to mention the fact it was in preview, and people were expecting a polished AAA title.

I’ve got around 450 hours in DayZ and I don’t see myself stopping anytime soon. It’s absolutely worth the investment if you are about a true simulation style survival game. 

There’s no instant gratification around these parts, and that’s the way we like it.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I love DayZ, no. It's not worth 50$. Even at 1.0 it's still only worth about 30$. And that's being generous.

Duping, server hopping, and a pointless endgame makes me say no.

Until they add character locked or private servers I'll be playing something else. You should do the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Man Parts 241 said:

a pointless endgame

It's OK

meaningful endgame is coming :

- when you get ten tents with 5 kitted AKs & 1000 rounds in each tent you get a Steam DayZ Hoarder Achievement
- the same as above plus  180 cans of Beanz gets you the Steam DayZ ACE Preppy Hoarder Achievement
- when you survive for 96 hours gametime you get a Steam Non-Violent Hiding in the Backwoods Survivor Achievement
- when you kill 30 newspawns before they leave the beach you get a Steam Child Murderer Achievement
- if you collect 18 working cars you get a Steam DayZ Elvis is Alive Achievement
- when you kill 20 Infected from behind with a melee weapon you get a Steam Sneak "The Z-Hammer" Achievement
- when you destroy 10 bases with at least one watchtower each you get a Steam Ruthless Steal Pillage and Destroy Marauder Achievement.
- when you shoot 3 Steam friends in the back in 5 minutes you get the Steam DayZ Crazy Person Achievement

But there's more !!

- soon you will be able to win the - Steam DayZ making a fishing pole Achievement
-
and the 100% Vegan Diet Acheivement and the Total Cannibal Achievement

these all double up.. naturally .. 10 of any will get you the Hall of Fame DayZ Achievement Achievement

- start easy - filling three mags with ammo gets you the Steam Mag Reloader Achievement - and you get another EVERY time you do it!

Soon we hope you will also be able to get the Steam DayZ My Camp Is Totally full of Fresh Fish Achievement

now.. see ?   - THAT'S not pointless is it..
have a nice endgame

 

Edited by pilgrim*
~
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/10/2019 at 10:52 AM, aDjidas said:

I'm currently looking into buying the game on my Xbox One

Well this probably IS NOT the answer you're looking for, but :

Do you have a PC ?
(I have both)
If you had a PC I'd say = DEFINITELY 100% BUY DAYZ  YOU'LL TOTALLY NEVER REGRET IT =

i am NOT saying Xbox is bad in any way.. I OWN one. When I want to PLAY DayZ I turn on the PC...   (I don't even know why.. maybe someone else knows? ..)

you could be playing it still 10 years from now. It is a GREAT GAME.. It is UNIQUE .. it is BRILLIANT.. there is a Mindset with it.. an Attitude.. (some folk don't get that). If you get the wavelength of what it's about you can/will play it forever. Also it's free for ALL TIME after one buy-in, no DLCs, no addons, no microtransactions, no DayZ Version II or DayZ III, no 6-month obsolescence, no Special Editions - pay once, play forever. 

I'm saying that DayZ on PC is TOTALLY BRILLIANT and ALWAYS HAS BEEN

*

< - what is going to happen to Xbox in the future.. who knows ??  >

Edited by pilgrim*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

Well this probably IS NOT the answer you're looking for, but :

Do you have a PC ?
(I have both)
If you had a PC I'd say = DEFINITELY 100% BUY DAYZ  YOU'LL TOTALLY NEVER REGRET IT =

i am NOT saying Xbox is bad in any way.. I OWN one. When I want to PLAY DayZ I turn on the PC...   (I don't even know why.. maybe someone else knows? ..)

you could be playing it still 10 years from now. It is a GREAT GAME.. It is UNIQUE .. it is BRILLIANT.. there is a Mindset with it.. an Attitude.. (some folk don't get that). If you get the wavelength of what it's about you can/will play it forever. Also it's free for ALL TIME after one buy-in, no DLCs, no addons, no microtransactions, no DayZ Version II or DayZ III, no 6-month obsolescence, no Special Editions - pay once, play forever. 

I'm saying that DayZ on PC is TOTALLY BRILLIANT and ALWAYS HAS BEEN

*

< - what is going to happen to Xbox in the future.. who knows ??  >

I don't have a PC that could even barely run DayZ and seems like I won't anytime soon, but on the other hand, I own an Xbox and I'm so hyped on youtube videos that I really want to try it, but I'm kind of concerned that I will be disappointed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, aDjidas said:

I don't have a PC that could even barely run DayZ and seems like I won't anytime soon, but on the other hand, I own an Xbox and I'm so hyped on youtube videos that I really want to try it, but I'm kind of concerned that I will be disappointed. 

You have an Xbox - So do you have a friend who can let you try out DayZ for a few days or a couple of evenings ?? or he can come over to your place and log in, leave you to play for the weekend, maybe? something like that ?

The thing about DayZ is that folk who like it .. REALLY LIKE it ..

enjoy

p.s. - DayZ WILL go on changing, and the players will go on changing, and  - it's kind of part of the fun..

Edited by pilgrim*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dayz isnt just a log in and play for bit game. I've never once just logged on for a quick game. I definitely recommend getting this game. 

  • Beans 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you still play for free for a set period of time as a demo or was that just while it was in preview? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

You have an Xbox - So do you have a friend who can let you try out DayZ for a few days or a couple of evenings ?? or he can come over to your place and log in, leave you to play for the weekend, maybe? something like that ?

The thing about DayZ is that folk who like it .. REALLY LIKE it ..

enjoy

p.s. - DayZ WILL go on changing, and the players will go on changing, and  - it's kind of part of the fun..

I recently got my Xbox used and I don't have any friends who have Xbox's nor own DayZ, still trying to find a way to get it cheap on the internet somewhere, my girlfriend would kill me if she found out I spent 50 euros on a videogame lmao 😂 perhaps you would let me try it out? If so feel free to contact me via PM.

 

1 hour ago, Skofield_Kid said:

Can you still play for free for a set period of time as a demo or was that just while it was in preview? 

Unfortunately, you could only when it was on preview and now it's not possible anymore.

Anyways, I would like to thank everyone for their feedback, hopefully, we can meet online one day! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

i am NOT saying Xbox is bad in any way.. I OWN one. 

So what are the chances I’d be able to solicit you into playing DayZ on Xbox??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nayte said:

So what are the chances I’d be able to solicit you into playing DayZ on Xbox??

... err ..

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

... err ..

Had to try.. I can cook up a fine steak for us. Perhaps some delectable mutton.

The offers on the table, along with those choice cuts.

  • Beans 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Man Parts 241 said:

As much as I love DayZ, no. It's not worth 50$. Even at 1.0 it's still only worth about 30$. And that's being generous.

Duping, server hopping, and a pointless endgame makes me say no.

Until they add character locked or private servers I'll be playing something else. You should do the same.

i don't understand all the complaints about server hopping i play on multiple servers with multiple characters? so i',m puzzled as to how it still exists? however duping on the other hand is a major problem atm the other day i was in elektro with a friend and i dropped him an mp5 as soon as i dropped it the server crashed and when we logged back in i still had the mp5 in my hands and there was a new one on the floor.   I think that there needs to be a rollback feature after server crash just like when the server restarts would prevent things like duping from happening. i understand people could just wait for a minute after dropping the item however if it happens once to a few people they may not try again.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

- when you get ten tents with 5 kitted AKs & 1000 rounds in each tent you get a Steam DayZ Hoarder Achievement
- when you survive for 96 hours gametime you get a Steam Non-Violent Hiding in the Backwoods Survivor Achievement
- if you collect 18 working cars you get a Steam DayZ Elvis is Alive Achievement

These ones would be perfect for my playstyle ! 🤣

But instead "Elvis is alive" for cars hoarders, I suggest "Steam DayZ Stan's Previously Owned ADAs Achievement"

latest?cb=20120508160429

  • Beans 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, aDjidas said:

my girlfriend would kill me if she found out I spent 50 euros on a videogame lmao 😂 perhaps you would let me try it out? If so feel free to contact me via PM.

Asking totally random people for handouts over the net is usually bad style unless it's because your whole life did totally break down.

Is your life totally breaking down because your GF won't allow you to start saving fifty bucks for a video-game?

My reply would be get a job, get a guitar and go to the streets or ask for it for your birthday as i assume you are not grown up.

And IF you are not grown up then this kind of game is probably not for you in the long run yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, judging random people and tell them to get a job isn't the most classy thing either, isn't it ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×