ImpulZ

Xbox Feedback Round - January 2019

I love the game. So far I’m seeing a lot of improvement. One thing I’m noticing with cars though is that although they drive well, I’m noticing a lot of lag and game freezing, especially in big cities. The driving is well but maybe try optimizing the game. 

• Beans 1

The most destructive thing right now is duping and as there are multiple ways that I personally have seen it done the chances of a successful fix are small. Contact us and ask how we are doing it and I'd love to tell you. ( Not posting it here because we really do not need more dupers lol )

Secondly, Tents and Buildings despawn randomly. On top of that the Cold has little or no cure for it. When you jump and try to aim at the same time it raises your hands to the sky which cannot be fixed unless you relog.

Enough of the bad stuff. I love what you have done with the weapons and it seems tents are despawning a little less. Less lag in general I'm seeing. Private Servers would be great :)

Also I love the Implementation of Shaving just make it where hair does not clip hats / helmets / masks. On top of that if you could make it where we can cut our hair and it will grow back like facial hair does :P

Edited by CzM Conquest
  • Like 1

First I want to thank the BI Xbox Dayz team for the implementation of the updates since the port over to Xbox. But still game definitely needs improvement before 1.0.

-My biggest problem with the game is the inventory system. Everyone I speak with about it has an issue. There is no way to organize your loadout.

The implementation of a cursor in inventory screen (similar to destiny) would make management a lot easier. Also returning it to a more usable SA style.

I wouldn’t even be upset with mouse integration solely for inventory but the community might not accept it. 

-Also it’s a bit bug sometimes where you have to remove something from inventory before you can pick up anything else, even with extra space. Easiest way to see this is exchange a equipped clothing for one on the ground and then pick up items out of clothes dropped

-Picked up a SPG5 with a MP5 mag bugged not showing on the gun physically. No way to remove. 

-When logging into a server a person can still see for miles while objects render. A black filtered screen until rendering completes would be great. I’m sure people exploit this

-Have to list it because of importance but Frames and Persistence 

• Like 2

I would like to see lean implemented. 

Reworked loot system (not 20 peacoats in a row please). 

Party chat and game chat working together. 

Also.. Maybe its time for a character locked server patch. 

If you can't switch back to the third person, you are actually playing in a first person "hardcore" server.

The glitch is actually that you shouldn't spawn in third person

2 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Currently known general DayZ issues:

• Server crashes can cause undesirable persistence wipes
  • There are various issues with cars, often related to physics simulation/desync (cars shooting up the air, or diving underground)
  • Game performance (FPS) may drop significantly
  • It's currently possible to duplicate items (duping)
  • Spamming B when disconnecting can freeze the game
  • When a fence is placed, the game freezes
  • It is currently not possible to customise your fresh spawn character in the main menu
  • Hold breath feature has no assigned controls
  • Leaning feature has no assigned controls
  • It is not possible to reload when your inventory is completely full
  • Connecting to a Hardcore (1st person only) server initially spawns you in the 3rd person perspective
  • Some wearable items can obstruct aiming
  • Loading times for filled inventories are too long
  • Options menu item is named "Configure" when connected to server (should be "Options" too)

To help you out with some areas of reports we're mostly interested in, we would like to hear your thoughts on:

• bugs and general game / stability problems
  • gameplay and balancing
  • servers, their availability, and general online experience
  • controls and your overall player experience

You guy's must've been keeping your ears to the ground lately, because you pretty much hit the nail on the head with this one. Though I've experienced some other issues, I am absolutely ecstatic to know that you guys are listening!

Bugs:

i'm not completely sure what causes it but I've had a large amount of input lag when I open doors/pickup items or do anything that uses the X button. After pressing X and waiting about 20 seconds the door magically opens. if it isn't just lag. I think it might be caused by using the binoculars. 

Once you fill a barrel,tent, chest, with so many items its very hard to navigate the lower section of the container's inventory. As you scroll through the items, the window shifts from showing the top of the containers inventory and the bottom of the contents. Meaning with every other item you scroll over. The window moves to the bottom and you cant see what you are selecting.

Whilst walking around the airfield the woodland background noise sometimes changes very abruptly to the windy ambient noise, or vice versa.

Do I dare say it? Night time is too short now. and rain is nonexistent. (in large amounts they're hell. But when small they're immersive) 

Being able to repeatedly press RB to immobilize and bludgeon people to death.

Some clothing items overlap. (Gas mask+Beret)

Zombies can sometimes see you through walls. (not sure which buildings)

Duct tape/sewing kit gets used up completely when you try to repair something.

Not sure if still relevant but. if you were handcuffed while using an emote your body would disfigure and you wouldn't be given the option to  to "struggle". forcing you to stay like this until you die. 

Balancing:

As for balancing. A lot of people say that building materials are hard to come by and that they don't get enough uses out of axes/hacksaws. 

I think Helicopter crashes should spawn more frequently. as I've been playing for 3 months and have yet to find one. 

People want character locked servers as it would make the game more fair/challenging. But it could cause longer wait times on specific servers. 

People also find they have to eat or drink too often and baking food on a long stick takes too long. 

Servers:

Server's seem fine to me. Most of them are full on the weekends, the queue's on popular servers sometimes go up to 25, but I find the line moves fast enough. I don't mind waiting up to 10 minutes to get into my home server.  I don't disconnect very often either. Maybe once every couple hours including server restarts.

Controls:

Finally. Controls. I think "Free-look" could be swapped from the right analog stick (RS) to the left bumper (LB). Simply because it feels weird and with how frequently I "Free-look" it quickly wears down my controller. 

But with that being said. I'm already used to this button layout and though i think it could be improved, changing it might confuse people and the layout might not remain as good as it is now.

• Like 2

It would be nice to get a handful of official private servers to keep people from server hopping and being able to just ghost into bases. No point in building at the moment.

Weapon wheel set to LB would let you change stuff out while moving. Zombies can catch up while youre trying to pull your melee.

Tents / Fences need to be able to be placed on less flat ground. Can't really hide anything right now.

Hills should take more stamina to run up, and the run speed should be slower. .62 made hiding your tent on a hill a viable option.

The 4x4 should be stronger. It doesn't ride like a 4x4. You should be able to get up lesser hills relatively easily.

Edited by Sacsquash999

Accepting a game invite, closing the application or joining another player on a different server causes an instant DC with no 15 second count down. 

Also so please add a sound effect for logging in/out. Maybe make a yawning sound like your waking up or going to sleep.

Please fix this. It’s awful dealing with combat loggers. 

• Thanks 1

Fix the frame rate and sound glitches. These two things are absolutely game breaking. Firefights are determined by luck over skill and it's sickening...

• Like 1

I believe console version is lacking the ability to combat roll when prone like on PC. Either that or I can't figure out how to do it.

4 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

xbox-feedback-gathering.jpg

Hello Survivors!

First and foremost, thank you for considering our call for your feedback - you're helping us get a better grasp of how the game is doing on Xbox.

For this round, we want to put focus on the current issues with the game and what we could improve for the Xbox-specific controls, as well as the overall gameplay experience. 

Seriously, take a look at PUBG's controller schemes. It should help you out in finding your own. Pretty sure the community wouldn't mind seeing PUBG's controls tweaked for DayZ.

4 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Currently known general DayZ issues:

• Server crashes can cause undesirable persistence wipes
  • There are various issues with cars, often related to physics simulation/desync (cars shooting up the air, or diving underground)

I would be just fine if that's all you worked on until they were both working as intended.

That last patch was good. It fixed a lot key shit we needed fixed. Weapons mainly. Kudos.

Get that persistence and whip up and running and we in there like swimwear on a thicc chick.

A good control scheme.

Duping, bugs, loot.

Polish.

And then start adding and building onto the game.

Edited by Man Parts 241
  • Like 1

First I'd like to say I have been a follower of this game since early pc days and have waited for ever for this to come to console. However it's not nearly as satisfying as I thought it would be in it's current state for console. 

Things that should be changed for fixed: 

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING I COULD EVER ASK IS THAT WE GET MORE FREQUENT UPDATES. The long times of silence and then a minor update coming that fixes rolfs hair isn't cutting it... 

***COMMUNITY SERVERS OR BOUND CHARATERS TO SPECIFIC SERVERS.***(its pointless to build a base if someone can hop into it by server hopping)

**INVENTORY** ( this is a disaster right now. It's slow, laggy as hell, doesnt always respond to what you are trying to do i.e. micromanaging, and over all the layout isn't that great.)

Private servers I would assume are coming... at some point.... 

Leaning and holding breath need keybinds

Cars need to be fixed

Guns need to be added

I'll be honest. I've quit playing this game and I have many friends who have quit playing this game due to its current state. I hope you take this seriously and you might gain a few back. Thanks for listening.

• Like 1

Nice to finally see you guys have actually heard of us! What a relief. As a gamer I tend to play a game at a time and since the launch day it's been DayZ only and would hope it stays that way. So here's my part.

1. Game (Server) performance (FPS & Rendering, Scope rendering). I know that you know but this needs to be priority no. 1 so please focus on this before adding anything new to the game. This is THE reason people (and me) are losing their interest.

Bugs and general game / stability problems:

• Inventory
    • Laggy performance especially when around tents, barrels, cars, dead players etc...
    • Not being able to scroll UP or DOWN in inventory when a container is closed ^ with RS.
    • Give us the option to lock our clothes preventing any new items to fill them up. Sometimes I wonder why I can't reload just to find out that the apple I just picked up didn't go where I wanted it!
    • Let us micromanage the items inside of the clothes/BP's. Lot of us would want their stuff more organized.
    • At the moment you can't micromanage your items upwards in your personal inventory (LT).
    • Since you can drop an item from your hands by holding X, could we pick up an item from the ground with holding X also (hands empty)? Also swapping an item with the hold of X without the need to open the inventory and use A instead.

• Quickbar
    • Sometimes instead of selecting the item you want you end up jumping. Very annoying especially because the menu will stop you while being chased by a zombie just to equip your knife and instead you jump and can't equip anything for a brief second. It's like the selection does not register even it's highlighted on the screen.

• Ladders
    • Can't slide down the ladders

• LT (Aim/Hands up)
    • Sometimes when approaching a zombie with a knife or any melee weapon and you pull LT and hit RT nothing happens, the character starts to stutter a bit and you need to do the process again in order to hit them. Also when gun in hand and you want to aim with it but it won't let you just like you can't aim during an animation or when falling a step. Could it be related to where you can't pull the LT until your character is "ready"? Even when there's nothing else going on.
    • Here's an example of the ads stutter: https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aqcml2gGd7yMgxXY9E13MGedST_g
  • Gunshots
    • Sometimes you can't hear your friends gunshots.
    • After the update I've had 2 situation where I have or my friend has reloaded a mag and suddenly you hear a gunshot and shit your pants. Don't know if he did for sure.

Gameplay and balancing:

• Clothes getting ruined way too easy from zombie hits IMHO which leads us to the next issue:
  • Duct tape, sewing kits, gun cleaning kits sometimes disappear after one use. It's definitely not where the items are located while repairing I've tested all the possibilities and it seems it just simply depends on the day.
  • Zombies seems to hit you when they're not facing you. They also hit you from a distance that would not be possible to do. They seem to scream but they're not.
  • Zombies can spot you through walls and follow you through walls, is it meant to be like this?

Servers, their availability, and general online experience:

• Ping/Connection
    • Would like to see this in the server browser

• Server hopping/ghosting
    • Lock the characters! SIMPLE. If not all servers then add the function to few of them. I'd happily queue. And only 1 character per IP-address.
    • Or add increasing timer for every server change. 1,5min -> 5min -> 15min -> 30min

• Combat logging
    • When getting shot at (or shot), let's say a bullet goes past you around 30 meters, you wouldn't be able to log out until 3-5 minutes have passed. So you have 2 options either fight or run and hope for the best. Just like in real life.
    • If not this then maybe make the loggers yawn or whistle and make it as loud as reloading nowadays! And of course increase the timer to 30 seconds at least.

Controls and your overall player experience:

• Sensitivity settings
    • Seperate settings for different types of aiming. The Mosin and Ak scopes are way too slow compared to the M4's. 

• Y-Button
    • Give back the HOLD (cycle through items) and PRESS (reload) functions. Now the PRESS works as both you never really know which is it going to do.

• DeadZone
    • I've noticed there's a dead zone on right stick at least. If your aiming at something and you wanna make just a tiny adjustment the game won't let you until you do pass the dead zone. It's been there for a month now. You can try and slightly tilt your right stick and you'll notice it won't move even it's supposed to. It was fine before.

Here's my overall suggestion: 

Edited by nikoor
  • Like 3

With lag and server wipes being the main issue I’d like to see fixed, there are a few more things like adding pencils or pens so we can use paper to write notes for others to find. Lock characters to servers so players can’t “ghost” in the middle of a battle and this will also stop duping. Bow and arrows are something I’d love to see making its way back into Dayz.

Edited by Jason Edwards
Just remembered something

Can you make it easier to move things around in the inventory for inventory management, the system seems to be very clunky and hard to use.  That's really my only gripe is the inventory mechanics

• Like 2

Please fix the sprinting, I know it's more realistic to run out of stamina but an average fit person can Sprint 45 seconds plus. The Sprint leaning and frame drop are my issues OH and the reload with Y button.. please switch it to X.. Got me killed so many times

2 hours ago, dandre1331 said:

Sometimes when I go into 1st person I can’t go back to 3rd person.

you are in a hardcore server where you can only play 1st person

I notice items such as sewing kits, leather kits and sharpening stones disapear after 1 use. Also it would be great for clothing to hold up in a zombie attack abit better, i find it gets "ruined" way to quick.

another quick note, private servers would be great lol 

Edited by Kyle Millington

Any plans to include a chat box like in the PC version? I wouldn't mind seeing who just killed me or seeing if i could meet up with someone new on the server.

The freelook button should be moved elsewhere on the controller it’s kind of weird having right thumb sick turn your head when the left bumper doesn’t do anything. Micro management is another issue when using the left trigger you cannot move the item you wish to move.  Sewing kits sometimes only have one use in then for instance if my shirt is damaged I wish to repair it, I place the sewing kit in my hands and repair the shirt the sewing kit will either completely disappear after one use or won’t repair it at all but use a small portion of the kit.

Thank you for the DayZ experience and listening to us much love from Xbox!

• Like 1

Hey dev team

what about lock characters to a server so having for a new server a new character. That way you would not be able to enter a player build base by passing its walls on an other server.

also you would stop server hopping, so overall creating a better experience for all players.

pretty please? 

• Like 4

Hello big server issue is ghost killing (meaning if you happen to spawn by someone who is currently in game they can kill you before your screen completely loads.) If there is any way to create some type of spawn radius, where if someone is near where you logged out you join within 100 meter circle of that area that could help. Also private servers or player hosted servers where the host player could list a rule set for that server and kick or ban those that dont follow those rules. This would be ideal for people that want a role play experience. This could also generate additional income for the game by charging x amount per month to rent a server.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

SNIP

1. There is a one second delay when pressing buttons. After I press the  A-B-X-Y buttons, one full second (one-one-thou-sand) later the action happens. This is game-breaking. I have to think in the future and that's almost impossible for most situations.

2. The Doors of the low-rise barracks (Pavlovo Base), the vertical glass pane on the doors doesn't give a player the Open Door option. One needs to have the white dot on the wood part of the door for it to open. It's very hard to run away from infected and close a door in a rush when over 1/3 of the vertical mass is null. This is very game-breaking.

3. The broken parts of the concrete wall you can crawl under at Pavlovo Base, you can't crawl under them in most cases. With or without a backpack on. The open spots on the east side of the base when crawling to go under the broken concrete panel you actually start crawling up the panel vertically. This is game-breaking.

4. VOIP is broken and one of the most hurtful bugs in the console port. Vast majority of players are in a party with their friends and when you bump into someone who isn't... you have to go to the party settings and switch to game chat to talk to someone. Even if they are in party chat, you can't talk to them because you're in party chat. Switching to game chat can take 30 seconds and makes it super easy to get killed. This is promoting PVP and hindering positive interaction.

5. Cranes on the coast in Berezino, Elektro, etc have very little bullet resistence. You can shoot through them which should be impossible for 3 inches of steel. People are shooting through walls and floors like they're made of rice paper.

6. Stuttering when running every 3-4 seconds for entire sessions.

7. Very little loot in Military area's in Tier 1, possibly Tier 2 as well.

8. The stun effect from infected and players has to go, it's game-breaking.

9. When infected or players get too close you can't rasie your gun. Please remove this.

10. Y'all got V3S parts spawning, please remove them from Types.XML.

11. Way too many compass' in Tier 1 Military bases. Lower the compass' or remove please. Those should be in Hunting Stands anyway.

12. Crawling infected are waaaay over-powered.

13. Not enough servers. Almost impossible to loot up under 6 hours. There are highly geared players camping Tier 1 Mil Bases on 20 player servers. I've got almost 8k hours and shouldn't have this much of an issue getting a gun or two to defend myself.

14. Y'all should have PvE servers or Base Building Friendly servers. Way too much PVP.

15. Select Fire doesn't Work.

16. Changing camera's on left/right side doesn't work.

17. Massive delay and visual artifacts when ADS of a scope.

18. Sometimes adding contents to inventory stops working when pressing Y. You need to leave the window and come back to it so it works again.

19. Pressing Y to reload now switches items in my hot bar.

20. During melee attacks against infected sometimes I'm hitting the ground (ground debris pops up) when I'm clearly not.

21. Massive lag (8-10 seconds) when going into a dead players inventory.

22. Switching inventory area's with LB is such a chore and often times doesn't register making me click LB several x.

23. Putting items in certain inventory area's (vest, pants, coat) has no selection option. Maybe I want my rags in my packpack and not my shirt so it gets easily ruined from infected hits. Y'all should have drop down menu's for this or a radial wheel in the inventory options.

24. The highlight color for selected items of inventory isn't very visible. I don't know where I'm at in my inventory a lot of times. Why not color code the entire box selected with opacity set to 50% or similar?

25. In the server window, to sort by Slots Descending, Slots Ascending, etc...you need to cycle through all the options and reselect the option you want and hit the refresh button (x) for the refresh button (x) to actually work.

26. More pistol silencers.

Edited by Weyland Yutani (DayZ)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Is it possible that you could make keyboard and mouse compatible with dayz? this would make inventory management just like pc's ( which is a lot easier inventory system) and it would also fix problems with leaning and holding you breath. Other xbox games have done it so you can just plug a keyboard and mouse right into the back of your console and it works. Thank you for your time, respond if you can please :)