ImpulZ

Xbox Feedback Round - January 2019

Okay so after about 500 hours or so of game time (19 days), here's few point I can think of right now:

-First of all, this is a BIG ONE! Please add full directional voice chat like there is on PC, I've been asking about this since release and have had no information or response so I would gladly appreciate you guys for looking into this!

-We need longer night time! 1 hour would seem fitting now that we have NV scope and headtorch working. Don't forget to add the weapon flashlights to the Xbox build either!

-Inventory causes client crash (reliably) when you are looting another player and both have very full inventories. 

-I'd like to see free look assigned to a different controller button if that's possible, I know there's limited space with leaning and hold breath in the works.

-Separate sensitivity sliders for regular aiming and Aim down sight. I.e. aiming with ACOG scope. I find the scoped sensitivity too slow for me.

-Can we finally get the UI icons for the 9V Battery and 7.62x54mm ammo?

-Another UI point: There is no combine text when attempting to load a magazine with ammo, even though the combine action is possible. The same goes for the 'Equip' text for arm bands within the UI.

-This is a controversial one but I would like to see all EU/US players always filtered to their region on the server browser when they log in to the game, as well as making 'Slots - Ascending' the default filter setting. This will help to make servers full and not having 20 low population servers.

-I would love it if the team could make switching quickslot items and reloading, different inputs. They are both currently tied to the Y button and this creates inconsistencies.

-(Minor) I wold like to see different locations for the player to be standing at in the main menu (like on PC). Currently the character is always at Rify.

That's it for now as I can't think of any more off the top of my head, though I know there's a lot more feedback I'd like to give which I can't think of right now! Thank you for reading this if you did and please add directional voice chat! :D

Edited by Lambicus
  • Like 3
  • Beans 7

23 minutes ago, Rodriguez1967 said:

everytime i seem to do the surrender animation with a gun in my hands my gun just dissapears into hin air.

I believe that  is suppose to happen your surrendering ...     If you want the persons gun your making surrender tell them to put it on the ground first ..

• Beans 1

1 minute ago, kyolspc said:

I believe that  is suppose to happen your surrendering ...     If you want the persons gun your making surrender tell them to put it on the ground first ..

No it's a bug and is in fact now fixed on the PC build. The gun would literally be deleted.

• Like 2

Is there any plans to add more guns and attachments to dayz on Xbox? Would be awesome to see more variety or weapons to choose from but overall I’m loving this game right now! The base building needs a few tweaks which you guys already know about and I’m looking forward to next patch you guys bring out. Thank you for all your hard work! ?

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

Just now, DefiantJoker said:

Is there any plans to add more guns and attachments to dayz on Xbox? Would be awesome to see more variety or weapons to choose from but overall I’m loving this game right now! The base building needs a few tweaks which you guys already know about and I’m looking forward to next patch you guys bring out. Thank you for all your hard work! ?

The guns will be added when they are added on PC. They haven't finished making the animation sets for the weapons yet but they will be doing it this year.

Please don't add any more unnecessary things like night scopes ( when night time is barely a thing ) or truck parts with no truck. Focus on making the game work properly first. I have waited years for this game on Xbox as im sure many have, but now I find myself close to walking away from it because you Devs seem to be more focused on adding pointless items rather than fixing the fundamentals of the game. And please please please stop the duping.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 1

***Duping items***

Yes it is in the game and I have used this alot to build bases.. I feel like most people building them use this as the materials needed to build are to great Todo it without.. the time it takes you to build a base is hours days weeks legitimately to have it took down in minutes it's not worth it Ive had several that people just wreck once they get inside and it's not hard for them to ghost in either.. now I do love this game and have over 40 days played on Xbox it's the simple things like the base building or getting a car but I feel like these need to have more than just a watchtower and fence to be able to build... Now tent placement is another problem as it doesn't let you place them on the flattest of ground in certain places so it's not hard to find peoples bases as their are so only so many places you can put them.. also looking behind you should be LB not clicking the RS as LB isn't used for anything and same for starting the car it should also be LB NOT RT.. the game is good and keeps me coming back but these few things will surely drive me and other players away after awhile 

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Fix all collision detection on ceilings in houses, sheds , ATC ect....  Cause you can jump on thing and there head goes in the ceiling and you can see right out the houses with nothing rendered but players ... 

Edited by kyolspc
  • Like 1
  • Beans 2

5 minutes ago, Lambicus said:

No it's a bug and is in fact now fixed on the PC build. The gun would literally be deleted.

Gotcha...

I believe Improving the inventory should be one of your priorities. I would probably have double the hours in DayZ Xbox version if the inventory wasn't so laggy, makes the game experience very frustrating. I'd like to see you implement a quicker way to move items in and out of tents/cars/barrels etc its very time consuming and with the lag it's almost impossible sometimes. 

Overall I am enjoying the game, it has so much potential. Just a few more improvements and tweaks and I'll probably have to say goodbye to my social life.

Keep up the good work!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don’t worry about fixing little things that dont matter, right now, only focus on stabilization of servers, optimization of the game (delete dumb or unnecessary map props that are everywhere) just do everything possible to increase FPS, because its generally ruining the game,i’ve played DayZ since it came out and started way back at the mod. Xbox is going to blow up if you guys can stabilize it properly, but having ragged 15fps combat situations, and massive server lag where zombies teleport and kill you is not very fun, but anyways thank you for hard working dedication, and I know it’s not easy, but cheers to a New Years boys!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 1

Well, I can honestly say I have 0 complaints at the moment but here are some things I'd like to see improved as a player I think itll benifit all around. 

The Night cycle should be a little brighter, not so bright that you can see for 100s of yards because the realism would be lost, but maybe a moon lit ambiant lighting enough that you can still manage to trot with your character and travel without stopping. 

There also needs to be a penalty for server hopping, meaning when someone thinks they can just log out, go in another server and log back in with their character in a better vantage point just for that 1 kill they should be penalized. 

Worst case scenario you get a 15min wait time till your allowed to join a server, maybe a double limit to that for the player that dont learn their lesson. 

Rain, I cant lie I loved the rain, even when it lasted for days. In real life it doesn't rain for 20mins then stop unless it's a flash pop up shower. The rain really makes you get inside, cant cook or make fires in it, it was just good to have the rain. Lol 

Like I said, theres nothing to complain about, even the duping isn't a problem to me. Over all this has been the best game I've played and I'm honored to be part of this games community and I'm committed to playing this game now, and till you guys pull the servers down. lol 

Thanks for reading 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There's another thing. I feel this is a important criticism/feedback to take in consideration.

In the next patch and foward please list ALL the fixes, tweaks and things added. We NEED to know everything that was added in the update, so many things you guys fix or add and don't bother to list (zombies bleeding you is a example of this)

Explain to us what are the tweaks you guys did. It's CRUCIAL for us to know exactly what the tweak was ''Tweaked: Weather'' doesn't help. What was it ? Did you fixed the night ? Added rain back ? We need to know the exactly fix so we can TEST IT and give PROPER feedback.

Being a game preview and we being testers it's crucial a proper comunication.

Thank you very much for the read. 

• Like 2

Berezino Slasher here! First, more shoes. We need a wider variation of shoes especially red ones.  Also, GIVE ME YOUR SHOES! 

Next, I think the biggest frustration that everyone I talk to has is the way the inventory on your character and in other things is handled. It is modeled after the PC version but we do not have the ability to drag and drop. Holding "A" to move a thing from your bag to say a barrel or a tent works but is very clumsy. There is no sure way to know you have done it correctly until it fails.  I'm sure doing drag and drop like a PC would be difficult with the Xbox controller but maybe you could add a ghosted icon to show that you have the chosen item and you are moving it.  

I do like that moving things in your bag mimics real life in that digging around in a backpack can be a bit frustrating.  But there should be a way to organize your stuff a little easier. Maybe a SORT option where you could go into an item and sort the bag into an order. A simple up down thing that moves items higher on the list or to lower on the list would help. 

Regarding the economy.  I noticed last week we had a lot of difficulty finding military weapons in the game. I actually love that they are more rare. But as you mentioned, you still have not solved duping. I think less military weapons is the right move, since this is not a combat game, but it should not be implemented until duping is solved. Those of us that play fair, so to speak, are at a great disadvantage in a fight if we don't have access to automatic weapons.  

Cars: I know you addressed that you are aware of car issues. We had three cars over the last couple weeks and enjoyed driving them for the most part. I do like that they are not perfect. It ads another level of real life to the game, the unknown.  However, while driving we lost two of the three cars not because of user error but because of the game glitching while I was driving. Shooting us into poles and houses destroying the car.  The third time we got shot up in Kamy and had a legitimate demise to our characters and car.  Also on several occasions my character would randomly get kicked while driving and the car with passenger would drive off and nearly crash. This happened at least eight separate times. This does not happen in even the simplest of driving games.  

Overall, I have been a player and a fan since you first released Standalone and I have encouraged many people to buy the game and enjoy it with me and will continue to do so.  

Love -The Berezino Slasher

• Like 1

Would like to see more guns and scope like the pc i think its zalled the hunter scope you can adjust zoom in and out, also make the silencers last longer metal ones dont last and more animals, also the ghillie suit can you put amount to can carry on them at the moment you cant carry anything in their, plus when you have it on not sure if its when the rap on gun is on to it gets in your vision when in first person mode on your left side.

1 hour ago, ImpulZ said:

Please be a bit more specific what issues you have with the inventory.

Inventory is hard to use.

1) picking up items should never go into a smaller container in your backpack(pot,protective case).

2) adding a scope to your weapon should auto equip and detach handle or other sight. 

3) Holding (A) to move items is very clunky takes to long to move items from inventory to Tent or barrel or bag. You have to drop items on ground then move them to tent in order to work. Also you can not Hold (A) and move up in your inventory, you have to go all the way down the list to get to the container you want.

4) When having a lot of items in tent or barrel you get two pages of item. You have to guess which item is high lighted in order to grab the item. Its like there are 2 pages of inventory that doesn't scroll It just switches pages. 

5) clothes/backpacks should be in order of how many slots they have. Small containers should be at top or bottom. dont matter as long as they are in Numerical order. To many R-trigger to get around.

Start Kit Needs a Radio! Xbox players like playing with other players. Starting with a radio will help players connect faster on the coast and able to help new or solo players. Right now no one uses a radio, maybe it would change with it in your start kit so you can contact other survivors.

Weapons/melee and Silencers Degrade WAY WAY WAY to fast. M4/AK after 45 rounds the silencer is ruined. Fire fights can last a few min. You cant stop in middle of a fire fight to fix your Silencer. Maybe im wrong on this one, idk but just how i feel and my buddies too.

We HAVE to have TOONS locked to a sever. Sever hopping is out of control and breaks immersion. I'm always getting in a fire fights and people logging in behind me in the room that i have locked or they just combat log and move on to a different server at the sight of another player. Bases, and towns constently lotted because people log in and out of same spot to get looted up. No immersion whats so ever. No point in building a base when players can just swap servers and log into your base. :(

Edited by The Sempars
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

Inventory

Is very laggy trying looking through your gear is just a pain takes far to long. Known to cause crashes/kicks 

Min/max the inventory 

Backpack / jeans / jumper / using the ^ tab 

Can't scroll through gear when using ^ tab when min/max gear. 

-FPS issues 

-Item duplication 

-Combat logging (Perhaps one designated character per server, or you can't server hop for instance just make it so you can't change servers for 24 hours) or even private servers 

-Bases disappearing 

-Character customization 

-Steady Aim/ Leaning affects 

-Scopes sometimes don't render properly leading to have a solid color (No Reticule) 

-Curing any illness  (Not curable)

-Vehicles cause deaths 

-Make it to where you can swap weapons between hands 

-Fix emotes (I can't access any of them at all) 

51 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

Please be a bit more specific what issues you have with the inventory.

I can relate, the inventory is very difficult to navigate especially to new players. 

1-lag is very bad when near more than one inventory and attempting to view the inventory menu.

2-Game crashes when you navigate the vicinity inventory if the storage unit is very full.

3-Items can't find a place in your inventory when picked up from vicinity if the "pocket" had previously been full "occasionally"

4-Items disappearing from inventory after server crash or reset, even though item was NOT a recent pick up.             "In hands inventory"

5-"not a problem" I had to mention this, we have a Belt equipment slot but no belts, so a pistol holster and belt would be great also the attachments for the plate carrier. I'm only mentioning this because the extra pockets would help alot, the assult boots with the knife slot actually made a huge difference.

There are a few simple things I think would be beneficial.

• Better economy/loot spawns for:

SG5-K and magazine

CR75 Pistol

FNX45 magazine

CR61 and magazine

All of the above seem so rare especially when it comes to the CR75 pistol itself and the FNX45 magazine. I've only used the CR75 a handful of times because I can't ever find it and I'm never able to use the FNX45 because I can never find a magazine for it. 

• Rifled shells for the BK-133 are not registering when fired at another player. When fired, the shell clips through the character and doesn't deliver any damage even when shot point blank in the head.

• BK-133, Mosin 91/30, SVD need a slight buff or fixed shot/hit box registration.

I've shot countless people from point blank range above the waste and directly in the head with those weapons and somehow doesn't one hit kill the other player. They deal damage to the point of them almost dying, but it seems the player should go down with one shot from that range. 

Also, specifically with the Mosin 91/30 and the SVD having such a strong caliber, it takes too many shots to kill someone at longer ranges. At maximum I can see it taking 2 shots, but in my experience I've delivered 3-5 shots almost every time using those rifles and players just aren't going down like they used to and possibly leading myself and others who are having those issues finding them not as desirable as they should be besides the only reason why people want the SVD is because it's rare and hard to get.

Those are just a few that actually come to mind. Everything is great to me so far and I know it's listed, but what's holding DayZ back the most is the frame drops. I've lost so many gunfights from lag, rendering, character freezing in place, stuttering and it always seems it's from the frames dropping and just my luck it's always as I'm about to get into a gun fight. Regardless, DayZ is possibly the only game, if I had to pick one..I could play for the rest of my life and never be tired of it. Thanks for everything and keep up the good work devs!

Edited by Fried_Rice
  • Beans 3

My biggest issue is with the duping. If there was no duping players would be forced to move out west and fresh spawns wouldn't be getting assaulted by squads of ghillies with svds.

I have an idea of how to prevent combat logging.  Maybe raise the log out timer for a short time after a player takes damage from another player?

Another issue is server hoppers, it wouldn't be so bad if they weren't logging in and out inside the tents/barracks Because in most cases when they first log in they can briefly see through the walls putting legitimate players trying to loot at a huge disadvantage.

Also the cars get damaged too easily from small bumps and are too prone to bugging out and killing their occupants. Building cars is a bit of a grind, as they should be, but typically they arent worth the trouble.

I know a lot of people want private servers as well, it would solve a lot of problems.  If this isn't possible or in the meantime maybe make some of the public servers have their own hive. Meaning public servers where the character is only on that server.  This would give the legitimate players a break from the illegitimate majority of toxic/dishonorable players.

Thanks for reading, I've wanted DayZ for years but couldn't get it until it came to console. I love the game and it is practically all I play now.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

six years of Blog is a kind of feedback a LITTLE BIT .. don't you think?

That's feedback from their side, I mean feedback from our side. That's what this is about. This is about user feedback, not feedback from the developers.

This very question what they're asking the Xbox peeps is the first thing they should've asked the PC community as soon as they came back from their holidays.

Without the community, the PC version would've been dead already by now. It is thanks to the modders and the people who play on the modded servers that this game is still up and running and have about 10 k players. Without them DayZ would have 1.5 k players again. Yet, they keep spitting us in the face and keep giving us the middle finger. It's like they don't give two shits about the (PC) community. And if that isn't true, they certainly give that feeling, because that's the feeling I have and a lot of others as well.

Ok, so right now base building is entirely defunct. There needs to be some kind of character lock to server so that people cannot hop from server a to server b then back to a in a different building. Logging off if you have escaped combat. Yes fine. But not to log off outside a base, then into a lnother server then inside the base. That's unreasonable. If you enjoy the mechanics of this game, being locked to a server won't bother you

• Like 3

Different sound effects for the footsteps of different things. Currently, human players, zombies and chickens all have the same footstep sound. It makes navigating buildings and towns sketchy as hell, no real way to use your senses to measure the danger

• Like 2