ImpulZ

Xbox Feedback Round - January 2019

I'd love to see a few things,

1. Stability, the lag is real, Inventory is choppy and buttons dont work all the time. It can be life or death to pull gear off a dead player.

2. Bicycle on xbox or some sort of easier transportation than the cars, due to constant lag driving in cities

3. Longer Night cycle

4. Dedicated servers

• Confused 1

I would like to see a gps tracker added to the game so you could find friends easier on the map and mark locations of where you want to meet and stuff like that i think itd be a cool idea 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Please be a bit more specific what issues you have with the inventory.

Destiny type cursor! Maybe go back to squares

To start I want to thank you for bringing this to xbox. I have watched and waited for years for this to come to console and I am very grateful. 

Things I would like added:auto walk and run, hold breath for shooting, lean for shooting, and anything the pc guys get we want it as well.

Things I would like fixed:lag while looting a dead body/someone you killed, slide down ladders, smoother control when in your inventory or a better inventory system for console, scopes go black when I look through them when prone, if in a party chat you can talk to strangers while still in party chat.  

If you bring this to PlayStation please make it so we can play cross platform. Epicgames pulled it off and Im sure you guys could as well. 

Playing on original Xbox one and I am still running into massive FPS drops in built up areas where it becomes literally unplayable and at one time it crashed and I either died or it wiped my character because when I logged back in I was a fresh spawn.

Also i would like to see less boarded up doors or a way to get into boarded doored rooms its really anoying when you find a building then you go upstairs to find a boarded up door or when in a hostpital walking down the corridoor there are loads of boarded up doors its annoying and i feel that more usful loot could spawn there like meds in the hostpital or a gun in a house or food and water exetra 

Car is a bit buggy i can hit a tree going 105 km and be fine but hit a street sign going 10 km and car is dead

The only problem I have is when I enter a town on the coast like Berezino or Elektro my frames drop dramatically. Other than that love the game! 

• Like 1

I suggest that the servers were unique, that is, if I log in to the server US 3664000 and I disconnect and enter the server 3664001 appear with another character so that in this way you can avoid the disconnect of character in player versus player, or, avoid raids to bases with a simple server hop

Longer night time would also be a thing to consider as now its way to short and makes you wonder why its in the game at all. Also base building is quite pointless when players can leave the server just outside your base. Join another server, walk 5 feet forward and go back to your server and poof they are in. The best thing to do to fix this is lock characters to servers it would solve many problems including this one. 

• Like 1

Hello, One option id like to see in game is an option to change keybindings. If possible...This would make for a more personalized experience for different play styles.  This is an example of a keybinding choice... While in 3pp, RB is assigned to camera zoom and free camera is assigned to LS+RB. The free camera is an important tool but it is difficult to use. An option to switch these two keybindings would be great and easier to use. (Holding RB and using LS to pan) is way easier than clicking in the LS and using the LS to pan free camera. Thanks guys and your doing a great job!!!

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but: whenever I try to reload my weapon with Y, i switch to the next asigned item in the hotbar. But sometimes it works perfectly fine. I usually have to spam the Y button while ads for it to work.

I made sure that a reload was possible (designated ammo/mag available, enough inv space etc.) 

Hope this helps, keep up the good work.

I have a way to fix duping.... send me a personal email and i will give you the details!

Also please fix the horrible lag.

1 minute ago, Richard Brinninger said:

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but: whenever I try to reload my weapon with Y, i switch to the next asigned item in the hotbar. But sometimes it works perfectly fine. I usually have to spam the Y button while ads for it to work.

I made sure that a reload was possible (designated ammo/mag available, enough inv space etc.) 

Hope this helps, keep up the good work.

Aim and reload...

There should be the option to close the right side containers when you put the barrel or something else inside the base it's too lagy and almost impossible to scroll and move the cursor there.

-Please fix the zombies! They are super buggy when it comes to fighting them. For instance, they teleport right behind you as they come up running towards you and is extremely frustrating.

-Regular suppressors are too fragile. They ruin after firing 1 magazine which is not realistic please make them more durable.

-Also, Zombies ruin clothes and backpacks after like 4 hits please fix.

-Increase storage capacity for backpacks back to the way they were. Do not fix what isn't broken. 

-SKS would be nice

-Some ladders are glitchy and make you fly up in the air.

-Leaning and holding breath.

-I cannot find any ak's or m4's  anymore did you guys make them more rare? If so I think they are a little too rare now.

I would truly like to see Server diversity! With servers being taken to support PC  and now hardcore servers being implemented I would really enjoy to see PVE servers as well. It's not enjoyable to load up into the game be friendly towards every person you see and then get shot at 90% of the times and lose everything when you do try communicating with random people you come across. I believe this also could help "battle logging" and people who log out when they see another person. If PVE servers are created I feel it will greatly reduce on "Battle logging" well simultaneously addressing people who feel like the community is "toxic" because they get shoot on sight for simply trying to talk to another player. It's not that you can't go out and get the gear again, but once you've been killed multiple times because you choose to try to interact with people and then have to go get gear repeatedly makes you not want to play the game.

Things to fix

Lagginess and crashing of barrel inventorys

Zombies being extremely overpowered and having a massive agro range

Cars breaking extremely easily 

Make bodys despawn much slower

Ghosting bases(server hopping into them) 

Things to add

A respawn system for bases 

More base defence than a lock because its too easy to just break down the door and then a more in deph base raiding

#1 THING IS PRIVATE+MODDED SERVERS 

So dayz on Xbox, to start this off I want to address the fact I have been hyped for this game coming to Xbox for years and now it’s here I am extremely greatful of what we have and how good the game is. Now with that being said through playing the game I have encountered a few bugs and issues but nothing that annoying.

1. Server hopping/ base ghosting; so I find that a way to solve the problem of people server hopping or ghosting through bases (which finding a base and switching server and then walking to where the base would be on the other server and then switching back so you are inside the base)  could be accomplished by dedicated characters for server so you don’t have the same character on every server or at least having a few servers which have dedicated characters. 

2. Duping; I realise that this has already been included in your write up above but I feel like it was important to include as it means a lot to players like myself who get killed by someone who has put limited effort into the game but has insane loot and infinite ammo where I loose everything, but I realise you are trying to fix this, just thought I’d include it to show you it is important.

3. Not being able to sprint with some loot; now I’m not very sure if this is to do with what you are carrying in bags and stuff which means you can’t sprint but when I have a mountain backpack on or/and in my hand it won’t let me sprint, small possible issue not very sure just thought I’d address it.

4. Hard to find SMG’s; now I’m not very sure if this was on purpose but I find the amount of SMGs is very limited as I feel I  have found more M4s and AKs than SMGs. Or in my case I found a VSD before I found a SMG but then again that was just lucky spawn. 

5. Glitchy quick slot menu; now I use the quick menu a lot, when you hold right D-Pad to use equipment quickly, but I have found that doing this has caused my game to crash a couple of times, then again a small thing but is more important to me.

6. Glitcy zombies; so I personally have been killed due to the game lagging about and have found myself stuck in a fence getting hit by zombies and there was nothing I could do, was quite annoying as  it cost me my life in that case, but I don’t mind too much just another little bug that occasionally might happen.

7. Car radiator; you can currently only fuel up your car radiator if you stand ontop of the bonnet and look directly at it and not from inventory or from floor.

I’m pretty sure that covers most issues for me as you already have the FPS drops included above and other things like glitchy ladders. Overall though I am very greatful for the game and can’t wait to see how the future turns out. 

First things first..I understand that the game is in a “preview” state.  However..I have a few huge concerns which could easily be looked into.

#1 - Allow is to at least choose a preset character, rather then force random spawn.  I’m a girl and play as a girl character.  Sometimes that involves multiple suicide runs upon spawning in as a male.  Like finding towers or zombies to get the job done.  That is..until thankfully figuring out the suicide quick action.

#2 - A great number of items are literally floating above the ground.  I’ve seen a whole car floating 5 feet in the air.  The drivable one, meaning that vehicle is a trash car (unusable).  This also applies with loot spawns, some loot is embedded into the floor, especially in watch towers at military complexes.

#3 - Food and drink shortage beyond the beach.  The beach is plentiful with food and drink, however anywhere in land you may have to search 20 homes just to find 1 food or drink item.

#4 - Being that base building is borderline impossible due to being murder by players or zombies every 2-4 hours.  Can we please have the tents that are in the PC version.  At least this would give us “temporary mobile” storage and shelter.

#5 - Increase the strength parameters of body armor (ie. helmets, vests).  Or lower the damage done by some weapons.  I can not count the number of times I have died within an hour of playing just to restart due to another player one-shotting me.  It is beyond infuriating to have to start all over, back on the beach over and over.  IF WE DIE, WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO RESPAWN BACK WHERE WE DIED.  It takes hours to run anywhere on foot.  I paid for a game, that I can’t even get to enjoy?  Hell..implement experience points or leveling so we might actually stand a chance for more then 1-2 hours.  At least then we might have a safety buffer from higher level players.

On a final note..y’all should think about doing an update under the settings option to disable to reduce world effects.  Such as rain, wind, etc..anything to help with the constant lag, mini freezes we experience while running around.  On a few occasions it disconnects me or crashes the game from the freezes.  And this is just from running around.  Not doing any actions like looting or fighting.

Also..seriously need to fix the respawn of new character before the current one has even died.  (Ex. I spawned my geared character into the world.  Upon entering I see another player standing 4 feet in front of me killing zombies, so I immediately exit back off server.  Guess what happens when I choose a different server? Yep..fresh new spawn..WTF!! >.<

We should not be punished for exiting the game for our safety.  I’ve been made to do a fresh respawn numerous times before even dying on previous character.  Whether it be in a fight with zombies and game disconnect or accidentally hitting exit twice rather then once for the 15 second countdown.  That causes you to forfeit your current character?? Please fix this.

Edited by Christina Marie Wishard
Additional Fix

My main issues are the inventory being quite buggy, especially when you are in a gunfight and need to go into inventory and navigate.

I have noticed when I drop my current bag to pick up a new one, it takes quite a while before it starts to let me pick up the items from the old bag into the new one.

I also spend so much time organizing my inventory for it to just be messed up when I take something to hands and put it back. 

Holding the right thumbstick in to look around is also a pain. - I do love that feature though

Me and my mate are toying with the idea of building a base and all that good stuff but the fact that people can just server hop into it and steal all our stuff with ease just turns us off from the most intriguing part of the game for us both.

Will we ever see a bow and arrow? We like the idea of playing in a primitive manner, using fish traps to get food, drinking from streams and using bows and having a wooden base in the woods etc. 

Finally something positive is a little idea my friend had which is a compass watch that can be worn on your wrist and be seen when aiming down sights, just for ease on console when navigating.

Just wanna say thanks to you guys for bringing this game to console, I've been watching people play it ever since it was  a mod lol. Having a blast so far. :)

Havent seen a comment on this yet.... using right controller to free look is almost impossible to use as you need to hold down while also using the right controller to for head movement. Very difficult. Another issue is while running if you use zoom your character power swings. 

Cheers