ImpulZ

Xbox Feedback Round - January 2019

By any chance when the full version of Dayz drops. Could the dev team try to impliment a kill camera when someone snips or shoots you. I would like to see where in the hell the shooter was camping at. This would help out when people are camping (hiding) around military bases.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 1

Barrels seem to keep getting stuck in the open position. After this happens, the game constantly crashes when interacting with them. 

9mm is very hard to find, making the mp5 kind of useless after running out of the ammo you have. Adding 9mm to infected drops would help tremendously.

Can't slide down ladders.

Inventory sizes for clothes have rendered the high cap vest at Tisy useless. BDU's carry too much.... more focus should be on backpacks. Backpacks used to be something special to find in Dayz, now I don't even pick one up because there is one around every corner.

More loot being added to the game will change it completely. Military loot should be very hard to get.. ak's/m4's and suppressors are easy to be found and looted. Civilian guns need to be a bigger part of the game to make it feel like Dayz. 

I know you are working on this, however, unconsciousness and broken legs are sooooo essential to Dayz. These 2 features are probably the biggest thing that make Dayz stand out from other games. Please at least implement unconsciousness from head shots.. this allows us to tie people up or handcuff them and talk.

Cars are too rare and should be in every city. In an interview with developers not long ago, we were told that cars are essential to Dayz and that there should be multiple cars in every city, all missing parts, but semi-easily found and utilized. What we have now is a watered down version of that idea; I understand that the stability of servers probably limits the number of vehicles that can operate at the same time, however, something needs to be improved on the vehicle spawns. Cars are not rare in reality, and even if they were, there would be some type of transportation. I can't stress enough how much this needs to be balanced, it is essential to this game.

Server hopping on Xbox is a big problem. I have seen multiple survivors mentioning to you that there is no loot spawning in mil bases and such. I truly believe that it is the result of server hoppers. The other night I waited at Starry tents in the red barn watching to see how many server hoppers came and left. After 20 minutes, I had already seen 4 groups of players spawn in, loot, go into the containers or woods and log out. I finally got tired of it and delivered some justice to the 5th group, who spawned in next to me in the red barn. They are literally sucking up all the loot like a vacuum and stuffing it in tents. I also found a base with 14 tents full of loot the other night..this has to be stressing the servers. I think private/community servers are the way to go if it is possible. I would gladly pay to host a pw protected server so that this couldn't happen, and I'm sure there are others that would be willing to do the same. Please consider dealing with this ASAP.. it could become a huge problem for this game.

Lastly, I have found 13 helicopter crash sites so far and not a single SVD. I think I have the worst luck ever.

Other than all that, the game is turning out to be a lot better than I ever expected. I know you guys are working your asses off because it shows in the game. Communication could be better sometimes but I think you guys know that and it seems like your tackling that problem head on; cheers. 2019 - The year of Dayz. 

Edited by wiseguy4
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Beans 1

8 hours ago, Smitts said:

PLEASE READ BI

Add:

Different weapon sights

Hold breath

Lean (left stick click, right stick click) 

Spray paint

New weapons

More attachments (can be little things like a flashlight muzzle attachment. Brings immersion) 

Tweak:

Change heavy attack back to Y, we don't like running then zooming only to hear my character put out all their stamina in one loud "huagh"

Inventory is inconsistent when micromanaging items, either move to your hands instead or they swap out

Fps and stability 

Stamina (have to eat and drink less, just make it realistic) 

Night/day cycles/rain

Burlap and netting spawns (too rare)

Spawn inland

Also try to add something new further up North, because all that's been happening is people sitting in solnichiy and shooting people, that's where everybody is and it makes the game no fun, get people travelling, thanks :) 

Then what about leaning without aiming in?

I would like if zombies wouldn't be able to knock you out so easily and brake your equipment in just a few hits and maybe try working on some type of squad tag on you're freinds so you can team up. Also take a look at pubg xbox controllers for ideas maybe thanks to doing this 

I would like to see a inv overhaul because I find the current one to slow and would prefer if I could somehow drag items like on pc because sometimes pressing select to inv does not work and feels unresponsive most of the time and would like some FPS work on Original Xbox, I also have to spam y to reload a weapon sometimes. Plus like to see character customisation and would like to see a fix to facial hair looking very bad. your game is still awesome tho.

You have listed most of the major problems placing tents is an issue surface needs to be super flat makes it hard to hide them when playing console and an in game map you could find should be added in next update hard for players new to game to navigate if they don't use izurvive app or haven't had years playing on the dayz mod. Also I find night time to be a little to dark it's almost impossible to see when in real life isn't pitch black every night would be cool if you could impairment a lunar cycle where each night is different darkness simulating full moon or not would be cool but even just a set of night vision googles you could find would be cool or even if you made it so you could attach night vision scope to your halmet or something would be good anyway keep up the good work it's coming along great 

Love the game and have followed it long before I could actually play it since I only have an Xbox One. Keep up the good work! Really appreciate the hard work you all have put into this game! A lot of the issues I’ve seen have already been mentioned, so I’ll keep it short.

1. Desync and frame drops.

2. After killing someone inside or near a wall, their body will fall into and/thru a wall and you sometimes lose the loot because you can’t get to the body.

3. Having to click and use the right stick to look around is awkward and difficult. Maybe change it to where you hold down LB to look around.

4. Maybe add a sprint lock feature so you don’t have to hold the left stick when running long distances. 

I have a solution for server hopping and spawning in people's base that might solve duping also, just have everyone spawn on shore when switching servers?

• Like 1

bow and arrows and the fishing rod would be great ( like playing the hunter sort ). Night time is way to short also what happen to the weather ??. Just a couple more guns wold be nice and not assault rifles or sub machine guns but like hunting style Winchester or the repeater would be amazing, waited a long time for this game to come to console love it keep up the great work people. if i can cause this is a way to reach a broad septum of player types, try talking in game folks have an experience that last longer then a gun fight. And devs thank you much for the great game. 

Edited by tactical couch
forgot to say something

Please add a survival clock. The point of the game is to survive, adding a clock will heighten the desire to survive and cultivate more strategic decision making. It will also give many players more of a reason to play the game. I love the game, thank you.

I’ve got 1200 hours on PC and over 140 on Xbox. I currently only play DayZ on xbox. I’d say the biggest issue I currently have is that there is a huge gap between civilian weaponry and military weaponry. The M4 & AK are miles above any civilian weapon, and even police weapons, like the MP5. An easy way to help balance it out is to bring back weapons like the SKS and the Sporter 22. They help bridge the gap between high and low tier, and the sporter was just a fun gun. There also seems to be a lack of high-tier gear, like the Smersh Vest & Backpack.

Really glad to see this forum and to see people being respectful of the DayZ team, I’m really enjoying your game atm so thank you for the hard work you’ve been putting into it for us but just a few things need to be added/fixed and most have already mentioned but my main concerns of the game atm are FPS drops and server hopping, it’s no fun to spend days building a base just for someone to spend 90 seconds to defeat the whole point of base building, either up the spawn timer to something like 30mins or lock the characters to a server. 

I really hope you take everybodys concerns seriously and consider making everybodys game play experience more fulfilling.

Thank you for listening to us!

Yours sincerely Dizzle 

Ps please get rid of that duplication glitch, I hear so many people talking about it and using it, me personally I find the looting aspect of the game very fulfilling.

An adjustable scope would also be a great feature aswell.

Edited by Purdizzle
Forgot to mention the scope ?
  • Like 1

Gameplay Related:

What you managed to do with character control so far is great. It really feels like you have full control over your character.

Only problem is, you cant move around while melee attacking which makes melee combat very predictable and risky.

Changing this would be a game changer for me.

I think alot of games suffer from animations hindering gameplay. But I hope this would be possible to fix without changing the whole animation.

Im curious to hear what your plans are on this. Please respond if something is already decided.

Edited by Eivek
  • Haha 1

I would like to maybe add a small boat that way we dont have to swim out to the island and maybe add the fix the fact that the  suppressor  ruins after sitting in your bag idk if I'm the only one that's happened to picked up a brand new one then walked a few feet then looked at it again and it was ruined 

Edited by Keith Mayer

Menu controls seem fine,(maybe RS scroll up and down in tents etc...) but as far as in game controls go.....

-------IMPORTANT------

I think in depth custom sensitivity settings, similar to pubg or warthunder will be very important to this game. Currently, fine tuned aiming is nearly impossible because the default aim acceleratin, deadzone and general sensitivity transitions are very rough and not smooth at all, making tracking moving targets more difficult than necessary.

LT- Raise Weapon

LT+RT- Fire/Swing weapon

LT+Y- heavy melee

LT+LB- Hold Breath

LT+Click LS- lean left

LT+Click RS- lean right

LT+LB+Down- quick drop backpack 

Click LS- camera left

Click RS- camera right

RT- quick emote

RB- Free look

LB- emote wheel

LB+RT- quick emote assignment

Up-Zoom toggle

Down- Drop item in hands

Left- Activate quick wheel

Right- Scroll wheel

A- jump/interact

B- Crouch/prone

X- reload

Y- next item in hotwheel

Or maybe even give us the option for custom mapping

-Being able to move while in inventory would be nice

-cars have near 0 traction and will not travel off road or uphill without a running start. 4x4 implies off road abilities....

-inventory is very laggy, and does not scroll correctly

- choppy framerate makes long sessions literally a headache inducing eyesore, maybe it's the sharpness....

-Logout function is missing PvP detection and logout denial

We really appreciate you taking the time to ask the community for suggestions! 

Edited by Jacksdeformity2

Can it be possible to do a locked charecter server, for instance if someone was to raid my base and they want to get in without the hard work they would change servers an just rejoin an be in.

Ok I got some ideas for the controller layout and for the inventory so I think we should have a more pc type inventory using the left  joystick to move around like a mouse to make it quicker and also u should give us like a way to costumers are controls to fit all of them in there but u should at least change hold x to reload and press to use bolt action sniper because it makes it hard to snipe long range  when it’s automatic bc u can’t ads to see if the round hit bc ur to busy bolting the gun if that makes sense

The only thing that needs to be fixed is the FPS in my opinion. And I would also like to see community severs so we can edit the sever how we want it to like the deathmatch severs that are on pc. Can we also change the gamma or any kind of video options for the game because my TV makes the dark time really dark ND I'm not able to adjust it

Edited by TTGKILLA YT
Had more to say

Inventory is very bad when I'm full on inventory I cant use my quick inventory also its lags in general moving things in and out of inventory also fps drop makes the game unplayable also cars need to be more readily available I feel they only spawn inland and guns need to be a little easier to find

When you try too loot a dead body or anything in a container the fps drops and the inventory lags and sometimes freezes.    p.s. thank you for opening this forum to talk to console players i really care about this game and would love to see this game fixed

Edited by XGN_Marine17
  • Like 1

FENCE GATE LOCKING: A great fix would be the combination lock. When the combination lock is on the gate locked, any player can go up close and pull up the inventory and then put the lock in their hands witch unlocks the gate and allows them to enter. Also it glitches it out after doing that and won't allow you to put it back on the gate.

Being able to lock the car doors would be nice 

Bringing in maybe a locksmith kit in order to unlock locked car doors

As far as gameplay, it is awesome. Being able to climb over obstacles would help and maybe a longer sprint bar? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rodriguez1967 said:

this seems to be a problem ocuring between all of my friends and i. While sprinting, whe we try to click rb for the zoom feature, it makes us throw a punch. 

i agree on this too my friends and i absolutely hate when this happens, specially when you're trying to run up to someone and you trying using zoom as you're running to them to make sure them aren't about to gun you down..... just makes it seem like you were about to try to fight them, you know just sends a bad message... thanks

• Beans 1

the performance issues in towns should be a priority but other than that, the ability to stop people server hopping/spawning into our bases(maybe a different character every server), better inventory management options e.g. transfer all (even if you add an animation for it) automatically stack stackable items and that's all I can think of or would like at the moment thanks.

• Like 3

One thing I would really love to see changed is the "You are dead" text when you get killed. I die a lot and I always think that it should be bigger. Maybe twice as big. 

PS love the game.

Don

• Haha 1